Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,311 members, 7,829,738 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

NRC Recruit: Are We Going To Continue Like This - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / NRC Recruit: Are We Going To Continue Like This (16337 Views)

2 Job Openings At The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) Nigeria / FIRS To Recruit 7,500 Graduates And 5,000 Non-Graduates / Nigerian Railway Corporation (NRC) Interview Invite: Who Else Got It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NRC Recruit: Are We Going To Continue Like This by hotspec(m): 8:16am On Apr 07, 2017
I stopped going for aptitude test since 2009, when i wrote one by NICON organized by Phillips in Law School, Bwari Abj and up till date, no result. Thousands of us, and itbwas poorly managed just as OP described. Useless people.

2 Likes

Re: NRC Recruit: Are We Going To Continue Like This by amliftedhigher: 8:24am On Apr 07, 2017
Like immigration were Abba Moro was held responsible, who will be held responsible for this rail way mess

2 Likes

Re: NRC Recruit: Are We Going To Continue Like This by wink2015(m): 8:32am On Apr 07, 2017
seunla84:
NRC Recruit: Are we going to continue like this

The recruitment exercise conducted on Thursday, 6th of April, 2017 is just another demonstration of Government incompetency. But one will wonder that despite similar event that had happened in the recent past with NIS , we still have not learnt.
NRC called for Aptitude test ov er jobs advertisement that they have posted for more than six month ago, and still conducted the test woefully. Does that mean six months is not enough for them to prepare?
You know the number of applicants you invited for the test in each zone. Take for instance, Ibadan District that host south west zone only has exam hall with capacity for just 50 candidates. And we had more than seven thousand crowd at the venue for both the invited and gatecrashers.
Now tell me how you intend to conduct such an exam that was scheduled for just one day successfully. It only took God’s grace for another trajedy to have been averted. Though a little number of casualties were also recorded. Should we say Nigerian youth are so unfortunate to have been created in a country such as this?

Nigeria is a failed state and the political leaders are not yet prepared to bring in the needed change.

Take for example, the RESTRUCTURING which Afenifere, PANDEFF, OHANEZE N IGBO, MASSOB, IPOB, NNAMDI KANU, E K CLARK, COL. ABUBAKAR UMAR have been calling for to be implemented to bring in the needed growth and development.

The likes of Buhari et all do not want RESTRUCTURING.

How then can things be better in Nigeria? Restructuring is the only way things can be better in Nigeria as the federal government has been hijacked by cabals who want to rule and exploit our collective commonwealth.

Conclusively, since we have a sick and dead system called the "THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT OF NIGERIA" things can not be better.

That is why common recruitment into Nigerian Immigration, Nigerian Police, Nigerian Army, Nigerian Customs, Nigerian Railways, Nigerian Ports Authority, etc the federal government can not organise it.

Power must go to the region for things to be better. Federal government is wrongly getting into too many things at the centre. They must devolve power to the state.

What is wrong if states run railway line, what is wrong if states runs the Nigerian port, what is wrong if state have their own STATE POLICE?

1 Like

Re: NRC Recruit: Are We Going To Continue Like This by Ezionye(f): 8:36am On Apr 07, 2017
Icon4s:
Too bad.

seunla84,
I remember such similar incidences even as far back as 2005 when i was still job hunting.
We were sprayed peppered water during a first bank test at Unilag.

We were whipped with horse whips during ecobank somewhere at VI.

We went for one UBA test somewhere in Yaba and the test could not hold bc those who gate crashed were far more than those invited.

The Only companies that know how to organise aptitude tests are the Oil and Gas companies. Some even serve you tea.

I even eat buffets during my Shell interview.

No pain no gain. The hustle is real.

You will one day remember that event as 'one of those days' just like as i am recounting now.

Hmmm

Hard to believe u were sprayed peppered water. By who? This must be a joke
Re: NRC Recruit: Are We Going To Continue Like This by Nobody: 8:38am On Apr 07, 2017
Restructuring is what is best for Nigeria. I knew Buhari had nothing to offer as soon as he said restructuring wasn't an option. From that day, I saw him for what he's always been- a pawn in power, carrying out the bids of his Tribesmen who own the country.

2 Likes

Re: NRC Recruit: Are We Going To Continue Like This by motherfucker: 8:49am On Apr 07, 2017
seunla84:

The recruitment exercise conducted on Thursday, 6th of April, 2017 is just another demonstration of Government incompetency. But one will wonder that despite similar event that had happened in the recent past with NIS , we still have not learnt.
NRC called for Aptitude test ov er jobs advertisement that they have posted for more than six month ago, and still conducted the test woefully. Does that mean six months is not enough for them to prepare?
You know the number of applicants you invited for the test in each zone. Take for instance, Ibadan District that host south west zone only has exam hall with capacity for just 50 candidates. And we had more than seven thousand crowd at the venue for both the invited and gatecrashers.
Now tell me how you intend to conduct such an exam that was scheduled for just one day successfully. It only took God’s grace for another trajedy to have been averted. Though a little number of casualties were also recorded. Should we say Nigerian youth are so unfortunate to have been created in a country such as this?
I watched the buuullshit yesterday on AIT and my heart sunk when I saw a woman taking medicine under the sun.

1 Like

Re: NRC Recruit: Are We Going To Continue Like This by qleap2all(m): 8:55am On Apr 07, 2017
seunla84:

You have not stated any problem. Was there any casualty, candidates Invited unable to do the test or what? The gate crashers, who Invited them? Definitely not NRC

4 Likes

Re: NRC Recruit: Are We Going To Continue Like This by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 9:16am On Apr 07, 2017
tstx:
This is Nigeria for Christ sake... a failed state.... Of course we are going to continue like this...

and yes, we the Nigerian youths are so unfortunate to have been sent down here by the creator

But the youths are not helping themselves, larger %% of them are being used by corrupt politicians after giving them peanuts..

Saraki deny over #300million stole from his house, He also deny the #298million Range Rover sport and some youths are still chanting his name ans supporting him just because they hate Buhari and you think the youth are ready for anything good..

1 Like

Re: NRC Recruit: Are We Going To Continue Like This by pwettyesther(f): 9:17am On Apr 07, 2017
Na like this we go dey dey?
Re: NRC Recruit: Are We Going To Continue Like This by DahirHassan: 9:20am On Apr 07, 2017
agadasunday:
I was among those that attend Idu Station Abuja we are more than 6,000 pole with just hall of 65 ppl sha I don't know if pole may through even today standing on gugue . I don't know if they will work with the exam.

Please do you think they are done by now? I was invited to Idu railway station also, but couldn't attend. If it's still on, I can go.
Re: NRC Recruit: Are We Going To Continue Like This by Bukunming(m): 9:26am On Apr 07, 2017
maxwell767:
Hmmm....

If u ask me, Na who I go ask, the matter Wey we see so, e heavy for mouth..... lipsrsealed
lmao

1 Like

Re: NRC Recruit: Are We Going To Continue Like This by Nobody: 9:29am On Apr 07, 2017
Yes....Nigerian youth are so unfortunate to have been created in a country such as this. This is how our leaders want it and that's how it will remain!!!
Re: NRC Recruit: Are We Going To Continue Like This by Nobody: 9:29am On Apr 07, 2017
Gatecratcher as you call them are the problems of most interviews. They are more than the invitees and they disturb the interview.
Re: NRC Recruit: Are We Going To Continue Like This by blackpanda: 10:03am On Apr 07, 2017
[s]
tstx:
This is Nigeria for Christ sake... a failed state.... Of course we are going to continue like this...

and yes, we the Nigerian youths are so unfortunate to have been sent down here by the creator
[/s]

Stop nagging and get your butt of the chair and into the farm
Stop waiting for imaginary employer to employ you and give u money
Re: NRC Recruit: Are We Going To Continue Like This by seunla84: 10:13am On Apr 07, 2017
ruffbamreal:
Gatecratcher as you call them are the problems of most interviews. They are more than the invitees and they disturb the interview.
No I bet t disagree! Gatecrashers thrive only when there is lack of proper organization.
Re: NRC Recruit: Are We Going To Continue Like This by seunla84: 10:16am On Apr 07, 2017
[quote author=ruffbamreal post=55343095]Gatecratcher as you call them are the problems of most interviews
No I bet t disagree! Gatecrashers thrive only when there is lack of proper organization.
Re: NRC Recruit: Are We Going To Continue Like This by Icon4s(m): 10:21am On Apr 07, 2017
Ezionye:

Hmmm

Hard to believe u were sprayed peppered water. By who? This must be a joke

Ah! You dnt believe this?

One asthmatic lady even fainted.

Have ever job hunted?

I was there with my babe then (my wife today). We still once in a while discuss that episode.
Re: NRC Recruit: Are We Going To Continue Like This by komzy589(m): 10:29am On Apr 07, 2017
seunla84:

EXAGGERATION everywhere. I was at the venue at Ibadan. The exam hall was able to occupy close to 200 candidates and those who went can confirm this. Why Nigerians like to dey lie to make headline?

2 Likes

Re: NRC Recruit: Are We Going To Continue Like This by adontcare(f): 11:09am On Apr 07, 2017
Naija which way na?
Re: NRC Recruit: Are We Going To Continue Like This by seunla84: 11:52am On Apr 07, 2017
komzy589:

EXAGGERATION everywhere. I was at the venue at Ibadan. The exam hall was able to occupy close to 200 candidates and those who went can confirm this. Why Nigerians like to dey lie to make headline?

Hmmm suffering and smiling.

50 or 200, was that an ideal arrangement? some people can never be real for once,
at this age and time of our country. I am pretty sure a slot has bn reserved for u.

1 Like

Re: NRC Recruit: Are We Going To Continue Like This by BudeYahooCom: 11:59am On Apr 07, 2017
seunla84:

Sebi na una wan die put for 'one nigeria' when better alternatives are staring us in the face. E ma roku si be.
Re: NRC Recruit: Are We Going To Continue Like This by BudeYahooCom: 12:04pm On Apr 07, 2017
pweshboi:
This government agencies and parastertals have subjected the ever vibrant and ready to work Nigerian youths to ridicule... It's such a shame that if nothing is done about this show of shame called interviews and exams while some people will just be home and sent employment letters. I weep for my dear country, it's such a shame and heartbreaking experience that we have these set of people governing us today.

If you 'weep for you dear country' don't you think you should be ready to die for your 'dear country' so that others can live and enjoy life.

Why don't you go for the screening and probably die there during stampede to give space for your other countrymen of your 'dear country'?

I'm sure you'll be immortalized.
Re: NRC Recruit: Are We Going To Continue Like This by BudeYahooCom: 12:08pm On Apr 07, 2017
The so-called Nigerian yoot will keep getting kicked around until they realised and embrace the fact that nigeria will never work and work towards a different alternative from what lugard said should be their nationality. Until they realise this, I don't pity them, more pains to the coward 'yoots'!

1 Like

Re: NRC Recruit: Are We Going To Continue Like This by tstx(m): 12:31pm On Apr 07, 2017
blackpanda:
[s][/s]

Stop nagging and get your butt of the chair and into the farm
Stop waiting for imaginary employer to employ you and give u money
You don't know me and yet that wasn't enough to prevent you from jumping to conclusion about me... I don't blame you though. you are a Nigerian, that's what we do.
Re: NRC Recruit: Are We Going To Continue Like This by tstx(m): 12:34pm On Apr 07, 2017
ISTANDWITHBUHAR:

But the youths are not helping themselves, larger %% of them are being used by corrupt politicians after giving them peanuts..

Saraki deny over #300million stole from his house, He also deny the #298million Range Rover sport and some youths are still chanting his name ans supporting him just because they hate Buhari and you think the youth are ready for anything good..
truetalk

1 Like

Re: NRC Recruit: Are We Going To Continue Like This by CellTabRepairs: 12:43pm On Apr 07, 2017
It's really a shame applicants will be going through so much disrespect and hassles to land their dream jobs or just have something doing. Meanwhile understand that the real motive in life is your contribution to life and earning adequate rewards doing that. Don't imprison your mind about it being a straight jacket 9-5 system. There are enormous potentials out there to do more, earn more and then look back and actually ridicule what reward you were humiliating yourself for. Set your sights farther...

Click My Name, View & Get The Resource You Need To Earn Huge Cash Returns Very Quickly Daily! Learn
Re: NRC Recruit: Are We Going To Continue Like This by Ajanacool(m): 1:46pm On Apr 07, 2017
seunla84:

we were less than 3 thousand. Stop exaggerating. Besides, d exam hall could accommodate 200 not 50 applicants as u wrongfully stated. I was there. Truly it wasn't easy.
Re: NRC Recruit: Are We Going To Continue Like This by pweshboi(m): 2:02pm On Apr 07, 2017
BudeYahooCom:

If you 'weep for you dear country' don't you think you should be ready to die for your 'dear country' so that others can live and enjoy life.

Why don't you go for the screening and probably die there during stampede to give space for your other countrymen of your 'dear country'?

I'm sure you'll be immortalized.
I'm sure as long as Ure a Nigerian and human as well, you can die for Nigeria and be immortalized too.
Re: NRC Recruit: Are We Going To Continue Like This by BudeYahooCom: 2:05pm On Apr 07, 2017
pweshboi:

I'm sure as long as Ure a Nigerian and human as well, you can die for Nigeria and be immortalized too.

Only fools die for nigeria. Are you one?
The morons who fought Biafra and died are dead and forgotten. Even one Adekunle went senile before dying in pains. Yet the ever-volatile country will not last forever and we both know this.
Re: NRC Recruit: Are We Going To Continue Like This by piax(m): 2:10pm On Apr 07, 2017
Re: NRC Recruit: Are We Going To Continue Like This by Nobody: 2:15pm On Apr 07, 2017
Icon4s:
Too bad.

seunla84,
I remember such similar incidences even as far back as 2005 when i was still job hunting.
We were sprayed peppered water during a first bank test at Unilag.

We were whipped with horse whips during ecobank somewhere at VI.

We went for one UBA test somewhere in Yaba and the test could not hold bc those who gate crashed were far more than those invited.

The Only companies that know how to organise aptitude tests are the Oil and Gas companies. Some even serve you tea.

I even eat buffets during my Shell interview.

No pain no gain. The hustle is real.

You will one day remember that event as 'one of those days' just like as i am recounting now.

Oil money.
Re: NRC Recruit: Are We Going To Continue Like This by ENGANI(m): 2:17pm On Apr 07, 2017
To be sincere even d formallities dis Nigerian Railway Corruption (NRC) followed to invite d applicants is analogue with their old way of txt messaging instead of modern way of shortlisting d candidates because they want do cuwa-cuwa, May almighty Creator see us through am totally disappointed d way things are going in dis Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Coronation Insurance 2021 Aptitude Test / Who Knows Anything About The Outsource Company Please???? / Ambassadors College, Ota Is Hiring Techies (Deadline December 1)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.