Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,471 members, 7,823,097 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:22 AM

University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread - Education (127) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread (725017 Views)

University of Ibadan 2019/2020 Admission Thread / 2017/2018 University of Ibadan(UI) Postgraduate Forms Is Out / Osun State University (UNIOSUN ) 2017/2018 Post UTME /admission Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) ... (463) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Ozilman: 8:26pm On Aug 30, 2017
pls o need your advice, I obtain change of course and institution after my highly anticipated waec was out with only 3B's and 2 C's my five compulsory subject before Adamu brought in post jamb back, I change from UI to unilorin with the bliv that my waec grade are not good enough, now unilorin post jamb is out the change did not reflect as it keeps telling wrong jamb reg entries when actually the entries are right. now I can't register for their post jamb. the ques is: will my jamb details still be with UI or it gone cos I don't understand
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nobody: 8:59pm On Aug 30, 2017
holuwajobar:
hmmm... i suspect dah time ooo... d tin go hard oooo....

We pray to find it easy.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by holuwajobar(m): 9:10pm On Aug 30, 2017
CondomSir:

We pray to find it easy.
Amen oo
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by fashmann(m): 9:26pm On Aug 30, 2017
Ozilman:
pls o need your advice, I obtain change of course and institution after my highly anticipated waec was out with only 3B's and 2 C's my five compulsory subject before Adamu brought in post jamb back, I change from UI to unilorin with the bliv that my waec grade are not good enough, now unilorin post jamb is out the change did not reflect as it keeps telling wrong jamb reg entries when actually the entries are right. now I can't register for their post jamb. the ques is: will my jamb details still be with UI or it gone cos I don't understand

I sense you must have made a late change...

More reason you have not been able to input your details
And that shows the jamb bodies have not sent you details to unilorin.

I will advice you visit the jamb zonal office in your state to lay a complaint.Because things like this shouldn't be joke with...

So you should do so very quickly.

We can't the ascertain the main reason it hasn't gotten to the school you changed to by ourselves

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by cassyrooy(m): 9:40pm On Aug 30, 2017
Dkfpaul:

i did crs,lit,eng,and govt. In utme and olevel too
Okay, the combination is okay.

Just put in the efforts and Pray God see you through.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by cassyrooy(m): 9:51pm On Aug 30, 2017
Dkfpaul:
Thanks.
I have the right subject combination for philosphy and political science too.
I did english,crs,literature and govt. In jamb with olevel too.
supposing that i got admitted for philosophy can i change my course to pol.science in 200 level??
The HOD of ur department has to let you go and Political Science has to let you in.

You have to take Pos Courses like Pos111, Pos112, Pos113 and Pos114 in your 100L

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Bobola07(m): 10:40pm On Aug 30, 2017
holuwajobar:
i am very fine.... na this exam dy make me busy jawe.... i must enta skool dz year, house don tire me, i gat to read wella

Naso. God go do am 4 us all
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Dkfpaul(m): 10:46pm On Aug 30, 2017
cassyrooy:
Okay, the combination is okay.
Just put in the efforts and Pray God see you through.
alright thanks sir
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Dkfpaul(m): 10:49pm On Aug 30, 2017
[quote author=cassyrooy post=59982100] The HOD of ur department has to let you go and Political Science has to let you in.
Pls i dont understand d above statement very well
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by cassyrooy(m): 11:00pm On Aug 30, 2017
Dkfpaul:
What I meant is, firstly, they have to sign and approve your transfer to another department, without your HOD's signature, you can't make the switch.

Secondly, to be able to switch in your Second Year, you have to register and take Courses from Political Science Department that will give you foundation as those in 200L(they too would have done these courses in their First Year of studies)
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by fantasticone1(m): 7:16am On Aug 31, 2017
Good morning... I've been following this thread for a while and I see u guys doing a great job. Pls I want to know if DE candidates will also write the post utme exam.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by MideCreative: 7:48am On Aug 31, 2017
UI direct entry transcript checking and submission call 08101543245
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nobody: 7:57am On Aug 31, 2017
fantasticone1:
Good morning... I've been following this thread for a while and I see u guys doing a great job. Pls I want to know if DE candidates will also write the post utme exam.

You just have to wait for the portal to be opened. Then we'll know if the putme test will be for both UTME and DE candidates or otherwise.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by holuwajobar(m): 8:22am On Aug 31, 2017
i thought UI sed dah we should upload our bio data by d last week of august buh dy have not open portal

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by fantasticone1(m): 8:42am On Aug 31, 2017
CondomSir:

You just have to wait for the portal to be opened. Then we'll know if the putme test will be for both UTME and DE candidates or otherwise.
Thanks a lot
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Bobola07(m): 9:02am On Aug 31, 2017
holuwajobar:
i thought UI sed dah we should upload our bio data by d last week of august buh dy have not open portal

Nigerian time grin
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Dkfpaul(m): 9:56am On Aug 31, 2017
cassyrooy:

What I meant is, firstly, they have to sign and approve your transfer to another department, without your HOD's signature, you can't make the switch.

Secondly, to be able to switch in your Second Year, you have to register and take Courses from Political Science Department that will give you foundation as those in 200L(they too would have done these courses in their First Year of studies)
alright, is it a common and legal action?
Also,am i d one to chose the course i need to do by myself
also,does i have to achieve a particular gp inorder to switch to pol.sci?
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Mobuoy19: 9:57am On Aug 31, 2017
holuwajobar:

Maybe they're waiting for 11:59PM on Saturday
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by holuwajobar(m): 10:09am On Aug 31, 2017
Bobola07:

Nigerian time grin
lol
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by cassyrooy(m): 10:12am On Aug 31, 2017
Dkfpaul:

alright, is it a common and legal action?
Yes! Completely allowed.

Also,am i d one to chose the course i need to do by myself
Yes, there is a list of courses from which you are to select from.
also,do i have to achieve a particular gp inorder to switch to pol.sci?
For Political Science, its not clear because the rate people transfer to POS is very low, try to make around 60+(percent in a 4.0 CGPA System), then you shouldn't have much troubles.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by obisco4u: 11:18am On Aug 31, 2017
Those who did COC this August and have problems registering for Post-UTME in their new institution should view the thread below.
www.nairaland.com/4023096/those-did-jamb-c.o.c-could#59989392
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by utibs: 2:08pm On Aug 31, 2017
Guys who knows anything about transcript label generation D.E applicants? I was told to submit your transcript to UI, you must have this label else it would be thrown away...transcripts are being submitted o
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Dkfpaul(m): 2:55pm On Aug 31, 2017
cassyrooy:
Yes! Completely allowed.

Yes, there is a list of courses from which you are to select from.
For Political Science, its not clear because the rate people transfer to POS is very low, try to make around 60+(percent in a 4.0 CGPA System), then you shouldn't have much troubles.
alright thank you sir.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Dkfpaul(m): 2:59pm On Aug 31, 2017
cassyrooy:
Yes, there is a list of courses from which you are to select from. .
can i decide not to do mathematics in philosophy?
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nobody: 3:01pm On Aug 31, 2017
Hello, plz do the D.E students who wants to go in for Medecine in UI need to write any exam/test , or they just have to wait and '' Pray '' that their names appear on the final Admission List ?
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by cassyrooy(m): 3:11pm On Aug 31, 2017
Dkfpaul:
can i decide not to do mathematics in philosophy?
Philosophy is on the Premier Faculty of Arts, so I think you won't be faced with mathematics but if any it won't bit cheesy
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by cassyrooy(m): 3:18pm On Aug 31, 2017
SPECIAL RELEASE 31 August, 2017

UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN, IBADAN
POST UTME SCREENING OF PROSPECTIVE CANDIDATES FOR THE 2017/2018 ADMISSION
This is to inform candidates who made the University of Ibadan their institution of first choice and scored 200 and above in the 2017 UTME that the University website will be open on Monday, 04 September, 2017 to Friday, 23 September, 2017 for the submission of their bio-data and SSCE/NECO results online through https://www.admissions.ui.edu.ng.
The deadline for submission of bio-data / O/level results may not be extended. Therefore, any candidate whose bio-data are not submitted within the stipulated time will not be considered for Post-UTME Screening and for admission.
1. PAYMENT INSTRUCTION
(a) Candidates are required to log-in to the Admission Portal (https://www.admissions.ui.edu.ng) using their Jamb Registration Number as their user name and their surname as their password e.g. 65345521EG OYEKANMI (Surname) Afolabi Mary. The screening fee has been pegged at N2,000.00, while N700.00 will be paid for the Internet Service Provider and bank charges. The total sum of N2,700.00 should be paid through the ADMISSION PORTAL in favour of University of Ibadan (Admission Processing Fee Account). Candidate’s Name, JAMB Registration Number, Telephone Number and E-mail Address should be quoted at the point of payment.
Payment Options:
i) Credit/Debit Card Payment using ATM card;
ii) Cash at bank using the print out from the portal to make payment at the bank; and
iii) Direct bank account debit whereby you use your internet banking tools to make payment.
Candidates are expected to print the payment success receipt which should display full names of the candidate (SURNAME first) as in the UTME result slip preceded by the JAMB Registration Number, as the payee and the payment reference number showing the success message.
(b) Upon successful payment, candidates should proceed on the portal to submit their bio-data and O/level results.
(c) Candidates should ensure that the online forms are carefully filled, following ALL necessary instructions, as “mistake(s)” may lead to disqualification.
(d) Please fill the online forms in CAPITAL letters only.
(e) Candidates are expected to upload their passport photographs and signatures. The image format for the passport and signature is JPEG and must not exceed 50kb. The photographs must be clean and clear, without glasses and cap/head-tie or cover.
(f) Candidates are then to print out evidence of completion of transaction and keep for further reference.
(g) An online help desk platform on http://www.admissions.ui.edu.ng/helpdesk will be available to handle all genuine enquiries.
2. DATE OF POST UTME
The date for the post UTME will be communicated to candidates through their email addresses and sms. Candidates are, therefore, advised to provide valid and active email addresses and phone numbers. The University will not take responsibility for failure to get information as a result of invalid email addresses and functional phone numbers.
Misrepresentation/falsification of documents is a serious offence. Candidates are, therefore, advised to submit genuine documents only. Anyone found guilty of this offence will be disqualified automatically and in appropriate cases, be handed over to the Law Enforcement Agencies.
Candidates are strongly advised to adhere strictly to the guidelines stipulated above for successful completion of the online submissions.
Thank you.

Olujimi I. Olukoya, MNIM, FPA
Registrar

2 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Ayoomodaddy(f): 3:44pm On Aug 31, 2017
cassyrooy:
SPECIAL RELEASE 31 August, 2017

UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN, IBADAN
POST UTME SCREENING OF PROSPECTIVE CANDIDATES FOR THE 2017/2018 ADMISSION
This is to inform candidates who made the University of Ibadan their institution of first choice and scored 200 and above in the 2017 UTME that the University website will be open on Monday, 04 September, 2017 to Friday, 23 September, 2017 for the submission of their bio-data and SSCE/NECO results online through https://www.admissions.ui.edu.ng.
2. DATE OF POST UTME
The date for the post UTME will be communicated to candidates through their email addresses and sms. Candidates are, therefore, advised to provide valid and active email addresses and phone numbers. The University will not take responsibility for failure to get information as a result of invalid email addresses and functional phone numbers.
Misrepresentation/falsification of documents is a serious offence. Candidates are, therefore, advised to submit genuine documents only. Anyone found guilty of this offence will be disqualified automatically and in appropriate cases, be handed over to the Law Enforcement Agencies.
Candidates are strongly advised to adhere strictly to the guidelines stipulated above for successful completion of the online submissions.
Thank you.

Olujimi I. Olukoya, MNIM, FPA
Registrar
Thanks for the information, can we get this update on the school website too
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by dearpiriye: 3:48pm On Aug 31, 2017
utibs:
Guys who knows anything about transcript label generation D.E applicants? I was told to submit your transcript to UI, you must have this label else it would be thrown away...transcripts are being submitted o
never heard of that before
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by cassyrooy(m): 3:51pm On Aug 31, 2017
Ayoomodaddy:

It has not been updated but expect it any time soon.

https://mobile.facebook.com/UNIIbadan/?_rdc=1&_rdr that's UI Facebook Account that released the info

Modified: you can check the site (www.ui.edu.ng), it has been updated

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Lexxybooy(m): 4:24pm On Aug 31, 2017
UI 2017/2018 ADMISSIONS: U.I Pegs Post-UTME form at #2,700 registeration to commence on Monday 3rd of September - 23rd 2017. As Examination date will be announced later...

https://unibadanolofofo..com.ng/2017/08/ui-20172018-admissions-ui-pegs-post.html

Also download U.I Official Post-UTME Practice questions for free @

www.unibadanolofofo..com
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nobody: 4:38pm On Aug 31, 2017
Ayoomodaddy:

It has been updated now

http://ui.edu.ng/news/post-utme-screening-prospective-candidates-20172018-admission

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) ... (463) (Reply)

The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. / Unilag 2015/2016 Admission / University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.