Stats: 3,154,923 members, 7,824,879 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 08:03 PM

University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread - Education (274) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread (725455 Views)

University of Ibadan 2019/2020 Admission Thread / 2017/2018 University of Ibadan(UI) Postgraduate Forms Is Out / Osun State University (UNIOSUN ) 2017/2018 Post UTME /admission Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) ... (463) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Papi112: 9:47pm On Nov 06, 2017
Bobola07:

Yes. Its very possible.
I can't say for UI, weda dey allow already matriculated students to matriculate again in another department, but it can happen from one school to another. There are Pple that left oau in 200L to UI medicine

Sir I asked did question before ...since you have walked d way before I think you wud be capable to shed light on it

Is it d same subjects offered by all in d same faculty in d first year
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Bobola07(m): 10:04pm On Nov 06, 2017
Papi112:

Sir I asked did question before ...since you have walked d way before I think you wud be capable to shed light on it

Is it d same subjects offered by all in d same faculty in d first year

To the best of my knowledge, 100Level basically covers introductory mathematics, physics, chemistry, biology and general studies. Irrespective of the course you're studying (am speaking for sciences based courses now).

In Futa, which should also apply to other schools, those courses form the bulk of 100level courses.

As you progress into the second year, your courses begin to get narrowed down to your discipline. For example. Wen I got to 200l, I had more of chemistry, microbiology and biochemistry courses. Just one maths. And physics

By 300L, you should start your departmental courses in full scale.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Bobola07(m): 10:04pm On Nov 06, 2017
Mobuoy19:
Bobola07

You're the real MVP. Your story not only give up, it's an archetypal example of resilience.

I hope to meet you sometime in the future, your buoy has a lot to learn

I'll DM you bro
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nltaliban(m): 10:46pm On Nov 06, 2017
Hipprocrates:
how old are u bobola07

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nltaliban(m): 10:48pm On Nov 06, 2017
Papi112:

Based on these sir... U said one can always reapply for a course.... Does it mean one can matriculate twice...

Example
Bola applied for mbbs was given physiology can she reapply for mbbs d next year??

Yes. But you can't matriculate twice in the University of Ibadan
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nltaliban(m): 10:51pm On Nov 06, 2017
Seanpizzy10:
please I need your reply on this matter. I happen to be a boy from kwara state and I applied for UI economics having aggregate of 64.125 and the cut off is 65.13. I was happy that I was from one of the ELDS but when I checked my Jamb photocard, my state of origin was filled in as Osun state and I didn't verify it when registering for Jamb. My question is that can I apply for correction of data on Jamb website and after that will UI consider me for admission under ELDS after the correction. I await your response

No!!!!

Any alteration you make to your jamb details won't reflect on Ui site
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nltaliban(m): 11:00pm On Nov 06, 2017
Bobola07:
Just as my boss Pes13 has said, sometimes, things don't go the way you planned it to be.

Sometimes you don't get some things on a platter of gold. You have to go through disappointment, hard work, failure, tears and determination to lay your hands on actualizing your dreams.

Thank you for reading.
God bless you.

Boss!!!. I really do envy you.

To everyone reading this,
Hebrews6:15 Abraham waited patiently, and he received what God had promised.
God surely has a plan for your life, sometimes the only ticket to actualizing your dreams is patience. Waiting might be tiresome but I tell you, EVERYTHING GOD HAS FOR YOU IS WORTH WAITING FOR.

wait for it, it will come. It might tarry, it will surely come.

Waiting is not wasting.

Congratulations Dr Bobola07

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Bobola07(m): 6:41am On Nov 07, 2017
Nltaliban:

Boss!!!. I really do envy you.

To everyone reading this,
Hebrews6:15 Abraham waited patiently, and he received what God had promised.
God surely has a plan for your life, sometimes the only ticket to actualizing your dreams is patience. Waiting might be tiresome but I tell you, EVERYTHING GOD HAS FOR YOU IS WORTH WAITING FOR.

wait for it, it will come. It might tarry, it will surely come.

Waiting is not wasting.

Congratulations Dr Bobola07

Well said my Rev.
Thank you bro!

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Papi112: 8:40am On Nov 07, 2017
Bobola07:

To the best of my knowledge, 100Level basically covers introductory mathematics, physics, chemistry, biology and general studies. Irrespective of the course you're studying (am speaking for sciences based courses now).

In Futa, which should also apply to other schools, those courses form the bulk of 100level courses.

As you progress into the second year, your courses
begin to get narrowed down to your discipline. For example. Wen I got to 200l, I had more of chemistry, microbiology and biochemistry courses. Just one maths. And physics

By 300L, you should start your departmental courses in full scale.

Thanks sir
So please.. In changing from one course to another let's say physiology to mbbs... How do you c thIs I mean the odds... Am talking about after first year

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Papi112: 8:44am On Nov 07, 2017
Nltaliban:

Yes. But you can't matriculate twice in the University of Ibadan

Thanks my oga Nltaliban

U seem to know much about ui
I guess this your......?? trail

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by PTI87: 8:48am On Nov 07, 2017
[color=#006600][/color][size=8pt][/size][b][/b]please i need advice i am presently studying SLT in PTI would love to know if could be admitted into any of the engineering department in unibadan through direct entry after my ND
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Rursh(m): 8:52am On Nov 07, 2017
Bobola07:
Just as my boss Pes13 has said, sometimes, things don't go the way you planned it to be.

Sometimes you don't get some things on a platter of gold. You have to go through disappointment, hard work, failure, tears and determination to lay your hands on actualizing your dreams.

What you're about to read is probably the longest message I have ever typed so far in life. Its very very lengthy due to the number of years involved and my wish to share some very personal details. But I assure you its worth reading.

If things went the way I planned, I would probably be a final year Medicine and surgery student at OAU. However, the plan never worked out like that.

From the disappointment of 2011 admission at oau (medicine) and lautech (medicine), I pressed on in 2012, with a jamb score of 242, applying to lautech (anatomy) and futa (biochemistry). I had 59% and 68% respectively, and was subsequently admitted to futa on supplementary list.

This never quenched my ambition to become a practitioner in the medical field. Together with some of my friends then in futa, I picked up 2013 jamb form, scoring 250 with Uniben (Medicine) as my school of choice. I had 66% in the postume and was subsequently admitted for Biochemistry instead. I declined the admission, while a friend of mine was admitted to oau to study medical rehabilitation (physiotherapy).

I moved on to 200L in Futa, still hurting from 2 failed admission attempts at my desired ambition. I went ahead to pick the 2014 jamb form, it was my first time doing jamb on computer. I had a disappointing 230. Based on the advice of a friend, I decided to choose Dentistry, also at Uniben. I had 59% in the postume and was subsequently admitted to study plant science and biotechnology. I smiled at myself the day I checked that admission status. I closed my eyes and shed my tears inside. That same year, a classmate of mine in futa gained admission to study medicine at UI. He's going to 400L now.

I moved to 300L in Futa, and in the year 2015, I decided not to take the jamb form, due to some factors, most of which were personal. Maybe I was discouraged by past failures and inability to break even.

2016 was the darkest and most traumatic of my admission experience. I was already in 400Level. I bought the jamb form with my own money (For the first time) during late registration. It cost me 10 thousand naira.
When I got the date for my exam, it was 1st march, 2016. I was scheduled to also have two first semester exams (BCH 415 and BCH 411) on that same day. To worsen the matter, I couldn't get the center in futa. I was to write in Oau cloud computing auditorium.
I used my influence to persuade my exam officer, and she was able to move only one out of the two papers to the previous day (29th Feb). So, I wrote BCH 415 and 405 on that Monday. I finished around 6:15pm and immediately found my way to north gate to get a bus to Ife. I stayed with my former classmate in faj hall overnight where I had to revise my subject combination, simultaneously reading BCH 411, hoping that I would be able to get to akure before 12pm, the time for the exam.
On the exam date, due to delays and accreditation, the exam that was supposed to start 9:30 started 10:15. We were given 2hrs 45mins. I didn't use up to 1hr 30 mins. I answered all my questions and submitted. Immediately I ran to get a bus to akure but I couldn't get one on time, by the time I got to school, the exam had been written.

That's an automatic carryover, according to school rules.

Well, I braced myself, and had to lie to my parents when the result came out that I missed the exam because the time was changed without me knowing.

About 5 days later, jamb released the results and I found myself staring at 207.
I had 38 in chemistry. The same chemistry that I had never scored below 66.
I felt sad but at the same time happy because I chose UI for dentistry. And for UI, minimum of 200 in jamb qualifies you to wrote postume. I was determined to hit as high as possible in the postume before the minister of education announced cancellation of postume. My hopes were dashed big time.
I applied for the screening last year. I have a very decent o'level and it was able to raise my aggregate to 64.208 but My woes were further compounded when UI released cutoff marks and dentistry was 64.29

I have never cried so much in my life like I did that day.

I decided to put an end to the serial disappointments about my admission. I sealed my mind to any other attempt to become a dentist. Perhaps it wasn't meant for me.

2017 came. I Started my final year in futa. But my friends (the oau guy and another friend in unn 400L medicine) kept persuading me to apply for jamb. For where? The persuasion fell on deaf ears. These guys raised money and sent it to me to pick the form. At that point, I couldn't say no. I picked UI again for dentistry. Jamb came after first semester exams. I wrote it in futa center and I had 295, scoring 76 in the chemistry I had 38 in 2016.

The rest is history.

Today, Monday, 6th November,2017 , between 3:30 and 5:30pm, to the glory of God, I wrote my last examination as a student of biochemistry, Futa, and I hope to resume to the university of Ibadan next year by God's grace.

If I were to pick 3 things that brought me this far, I'd choose
1. God's grace
2. Determination and persistence.
3. Supportive and encouraging friends.

If by any way, you've been disappointed by anything in life, I can vouch for these three things. Once you have them, they'll get you to your dreams.

another piece of advice for aspirants that didn't reach cutoff/ get their course by any means, anything you get right now, please enrol and start. You can always reapply for your desired course later on.

Thank you for reading.
God bless you.
Hmmm..... I am short of visible words. You have Really tried even Dr Ben Carson didn't face up to this

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by ndndnd: 9:16am On Nov 07, 2017
Bro I sent you a PM, Please reply. . smiley
Bobola07:

Well said my Rev.
Thank you bro!
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by scromatan(m): 9:24am On Nov 07, 2017
please oh.....Apart from all engineering courses,what are the courses that accepts this subject combination...
Jamb combo:mathematics,use of english,physics and chemistry
O'level:mathematics,english language,physics,chemistry and AGRICULTURAL SCIENCE...
the problem is the agric i used in o'level...and it can't be changed now....so please reply as soon as possible
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nltaliban(m): 10:22am On Nov 07, 2017
Papi112:

Thanks my oga Nltaliban

U seem to know much about ui
I guess this your......?? trail

grin grin don't mind me jare
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nltaliban(m): 10:24am On Nov 07, 2017
scromatan:
please oh.....Apart from all engineering courses,what are the courses that accepts this subject combination...
O'level:mathematics,english language,physics,chemistry and AGRICULTURAL SCIENCE...
the problem is the agric i used in o'level...and it can't be changed now....so please reply as soon as possible
courses in the faculty of Science and education

Physics
chemistry and other courses like stats.

Geology too might be part
Modified: I didn't bother to read the o level part. I don't know about that subject combination
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nobody: 10:36am On Nov 07, 2017
Ayoomodaddy:
Hello dear, how are you, I hope you made the merit list?

nop,i Didnt i had 63.5 tnkn of goin for COC
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by afoobabs(m): 10:43am On Nov 07, 2017
scromatan:
follow this link to. check the full details http://ui.edu.ng/content/advertisement-course-requirements
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by afoobabs(m): 10:47am On Nov 07, 2017
pls this two bosses I need ur contact
Thehistorian, oldfoolnigger I really need ur help
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by afoobabs(m): 10:54am On Nov 07, 2017
Bobola07:

What you're about to read is probably the longest message I have ever typed so far in life. Its very very lengthy due to the number of years involved and my wish to share some very personal details. But I assure you its worth reading.

If things went the way I planned, I would probably be a final year Medicine and surgery student at OAU. However, the plan never worked out like that.

From the disappointment of 2011 admission at oau (medicine) and lautech (medicine), I pressed on in 2012, with a jamb score of 242, applying to lautech (anatomy) and futa (biochemistry). I had 59% and 68% respectively, and was subsequently admitted to futa on supplementary list.

This never quenched my ambition to become a practitioner in the medical field. Together with some of my friends then in futa, I picked up 2013 jamb form, scoring 250 with Uniben (Medicine) as my school of choice. I had 66% in the postume and was subsequently admitted for Biochemistry instead. I declined the admission, while a friend of mine was admitted to oau to study medical rehabilitation (physiotherapy).

I moved on to 200L in Futa, still hurting from 2 failed admission attempts at my desired ambition. I went ahead to pick the 2014 jamb form, it was my first time doing jamb on computer. I had a disappointing 230. Based on the advice of a friend, I decided to choose Dentistry, also at Uniben. I had 59% in the postume and was subsequently admitted to study plant science and biotechnology. I smiled at myself the day I checked that admission status. I closed my eyes and shed my tears inside. That same year, a classmate of mine in futa gained admission to study medicine at UI. He's going to 400L now.

I moved to 300L in Futa, and in the year 2015, I decided not to take the jamb form, due to some factors, most of which were personal. Maybe I was discouraged by past failures and inability to break even.

2016 was the darkest and most traumatic of my admission experience. I was already in 400Level. I bought the jamb form with my own money (For the first time) during late registration. It cost me 10 thousand naira.
When I got the date for my exam, it was 1st march, 2016. I was scheduled to also have two first semester exams (BCH 415 and BCH 411) on that same day. To worsen the matter, I couldn't get the center in futa. I was to write in Oau cloud computing auditorium.
I used my influence to persuade my exam officer, and she was able to move only one out of the two papers to the previous day (29th Feb). So, I wrote BCH 415 and 405 on that Monday. I finished around 6:15pm and immediately found my way to north gate to get a bus to Ife. I stayed with my former classmate in faj hall overnight where I had to revise my subject combination, simultaneously reading BCH 411, hoping that I would be able to get to akure before 12pm, the time for the exam.
On the exam date, due to delays and accreditation, the exam that was supposed to start 9:30 started 10:15. We were given 2hrs 45mins. I didn't use up to 1hr 30 mins. I answered all my questions and submitted. Immediately I ran to get a bus to akure but I couldn't get one on time, by the time I got to school, the exam had been written.

That's an automatic carryover, according to school rules.

Well, I braced myself, and had to lie to my parents when the result came out that I missed the exam because the time was changed without me knowing.

About 5 days later, jamb released the results and I found myself staring at 207.
I had 38 in chemistry. The same chemistry that I had never scored below 66.
I felt sad but at the same time happy because I chose UI for dentistry. And for UI, minimum of 200 in jamb qualifies you to wrote postume. I was determined to hit as high as possible in the postume before the minister of education announced cancellation of postume. My hopes were dashed big time.
I applied for the screening last year. I have a very decent o'level and it was able to raise my aggregate to 64.208 but My woes were further compounded when UI released cutoff marks and dentistry was 64.29

I have never cried so much in my life like I did that day.

I decided to put an end to the serial disappointments about my admission. I sealed my mind to any other attempt to become a dentist. Perhaps it wasn't meant for me.

2017 came. I Started my final year in futa. But my friends (the oau guy and another friend in unn 400L medicine) kept persuading me to apply for jamb. For where? The persuasion fell on deaf ears. These guys raised money and sent it to me to pick the form. At that point, I couldn't say no. I picked UI again for dentistry. Jamb came after first semester exams. I wrote it in futa center and I had 295, scoring 76 in the chemistry I had 38 in 2016.

The rest is history.

Today, Monday, 6th November,2017 , between 3:30 and 5:30pm, to the glory of God, I wrote my last examination as a student of biochemistry, Futa, and I hope to resume to the university of Ibadan next year by God's grace.

If I were to pick 3 things that brought me this far, I'd choose
1. God's grace
2. Determination and persistence.
3. Supportive and encouraging friends.

If by any way, you've been disappointed by anything in life, I can vouch for these three things. Once you have them, they'll get you to your dreams.

another piece of advice for aspirants that didn't reach cutoff/ get their course by any means, anything you get right now, please enrol and start. You can always reapply for your desired course later on.

Thank you for reading.
God bless you.
what a wonderful testimony so so inspiring truly it is the hammer of persistence that drives the nail of success. boss I doff my hat and take a bow cc:Samsonyte see something

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nltaliban(m): 10:57am On Nov 07, 2017
Papi112:

Thanks sir
So please.. In changing from one course to another let's say physiology to mbbs... How do you c thIs I mean the odds... Am talking about after first year

Changing is somehow difficult.

In college of medicine, many students have perfect cgpa I.e 7.00 / 4.00 (I mean 100%)
Now tell me how physiology student with 5.91/3.24 cgpa will be able to change. Besides, if you try very hard to make a perfect cgpa self, your hod might not want to release you for the fear of loosing one of his best student.

And again, corruption is rampant in Nigeria. Sometimes, when there are spaces to change to in mbbs, those people who want their candidates to fill those slots will just say theres no space.

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by TheHistorian(m): 10:58am On Nov 07, 2017
afoobabs:
pls this two bosses I need ur contact
The..historian, oldf..oolnigger I really need ur help
Are you active on Whatsapp?
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by afoobabs(m): 11:01am On Nov 07, 2017
TheHistorian:

Are you active on Whatsapp?
yes
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by TheHistorian(m): 11:03am On Nov 07, 2017
afoobabs:
yes

Don't quote this post...Just mention me on another post in notifying me you got it.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by afoobabs(m): 11:08am On Nov 07, 2017
Papi112:

Based on these sir... U said one can always reapply for a course.... Does it mean one can matriculate twice...

Example
Bola applied for mbbs was given physiology can she reapply for mbbs d next year??
yes reapply for mbbs and if you meet up with the cutoff then you terminate physiology admission before clearance
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by afoobabs(m): 11:10am On Nov 07, 2017
got it thehistorian
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by jaylyf(m): 11:35am On Nov 07, 2017
finding it hard to login to check my admission status on caps, its telling me invalid login details but my email and password are correct. is there anything wrong? please help
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nltaliban(m): 11:36am On Nov 07, 2017
afoobabs:
yes reapply for mbbs and if you meet up with the cutoff then you terminate physiology admission before clearance

grin grin grin grin grin grin

Don't try this in Ui, you cannot matriculate twice in Ui. The system will automatically detect that you've been matriculated before and you will loose your present and new admission.

If you doubt this, contact any admission officer you know in ui

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Samsonyte(m): 11:56am On Nov 07, 2017
afoobabs:
what a wonderful testimony so so inspiring truly it is the hammer of persistence that drives the nail of success. boss I doff my hat and take a bow cc:Samsonyte see something
The Story is really touching

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Hipprocrates(m): 11:58am On Nov 07, 2017
What is the difference between anatomy and medicine and surgery. Because pple that chose EKSU this year for medicine and surgery were asked to choose either anatomy or physiology. I am not even sure if EKSU is really that competent in these courses. And even if sumone is admitted to study anatomy in EKSU instead of Medicine. Is that person advisable to go. Please I need urgent a km d precise answers to my questions above!.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Hipprocrates(m): 12:03pm On Nov 07, 2017
Nltaliban:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I am sure most of the Nairalanders in this thread that made the medicine and surgery UI cut-off marks will be at least 18 years. Because most of you have tried twice or thrice. Well, congratulations to you all.

(1) (2) (3) ... (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) ... (463) (Reply)

The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. / Unilag 2015/2016 Admission / University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89