Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,108 members, 7,811,120 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:25 AM

University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread - Education (273) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread (720978 Views)

University of Ibadan 2019/2020 Admission Thread / 2017/2018 University of Ibadan(UI) Postgraduate Forms Is Out / Osun State University (UNIOSUN ) 2017/2018 Post UTME /admission Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) ... (463) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by ceelviah: 11:44am On Nov 06, 2017
psalmhorah:
u can ask d bigger bosses ..I don't know much abt Dlc
thanks alot
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Ayoomodaddy(f): 12:04pm On Nov 06, 2017
FroshBae:

jamb divided by 8
p'utme divided by 2
er agg.score ix 68.625
Hello dear, how are you, I hope you made the merit list?
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Papi112: 12:06pm On Nov 06, 2017
Nltaliban:

Yes!!

Thanks Nltaliban

I guess it the same subjects that would be offered by all in the same faculty during the first year....??
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by at55: 12:40pm On Nov 06, 2017
Pls when are we expecting the admission list to be out?
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Samsonyte(m): 12:40pm On Nov 06, 2017
Pls i need ur advice, fellow nairalanders.
I did UI post-utme this year, but i failed the exam, so am thinking of doing Jamb next year, but am really confuse

The Institution is the Problem, I don't know maybe i should choose Unilag or choose the same UI.
The second one is about the course, i don't know maybe i should choose Economics or Economics Education
Am really Confused, Pls i really need ur help fellow nairalanders.
[/i][i]

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by TheHistorian(m): 1:29pm On Nov 06, 2017
Samsonyte:
Pls i need ur advice, fellow nairalanders.
I did UI post-utme this year, but i failed the exam, so am thinking of doing Jamb next year, but am really confuse

The Institution is the Problem, I don't know maybe i should choose Unilag or choose the same UI.
The second one is about the course, i don't know maybe i should choose Economics or Economics Education
Am really Confused, Pls i really need ur help fellow nairalanders.
[/i][i]
Good one you didn't act all-knowing for some people would rather not seek for necessary advice when taking critical steps that determine/dictate their future.

First thing First,UI retains my choice of institution for you as its admission credibility is second to none in Nigeria,not leaving out the nobility that accompanies its "studentship" like-wise the bragging right of being a student of THE FIRST AND THE BEST. wink

Now to the choice of discipline,I am oblivious about how intellectually competent you are so as to draw assumptions on your ability in passing excellently the next PostUTME in UI.But based on your (woeful performance) claim this year,I will implore you apply for ECONOMICS EDUCATION as its applicants are relatively lower than that of the pure theoretical ECONOMICS.

Also Worthy of Note is that,Since you sat for UI's PostUTME this year,I expect you to have gathered enough experience to combat the next UI's PostUTME.You have an added advantage already as you are cognizant of the structural compositions and technicalities of the questions.To Cap it all,You have to start preparations as early as this Month since your UTME score will contribute a total of 50% in your admission chances.

Trust Me....Just learn from your faults,weaknesses and shortcomings this year and come back stronger!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nltaliban(m): 1:36pm On Nov 06, 2017
Papi112:

Thanks Nltaliban

I guess it the same subjects that would be offered by all in the same faculty during the first year....??

I don't know about that.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Samsonyte(m): 3:36pm On Nov 06, 2017
TheHistorian:

Good one you didn't act all-knowing for some people would rather not seek for necessary advice when taking critical steps that determine/dictate their future.

First thing First,UI retains my choice of institution for you as its admission credibility is second to none in Nigeria,not leaving out the nobility that accompanies its "studentship" like-wise the bragging right of being a student of THE FIRST AND THE BEST. wink

Now to the choice of discipline,I am oblivious about how intellectually competent you are so as to draw assumptions on your ability in passing excellently the next PostUTME in UI.But based on your (woeful performance) claim this year,I will implore you apply for ECONOMICS EDUCATION as its applicants are relatively lower than that of the pure theoretical ECONOMICS.

Also Worthy of Note is that,Since you sat for UI's PostUTME this year,I expect you to have gathered enough experience to combat the next UI's PostUTME.You have an added advantage already as you are cognizant of the structural compositions and technicalities of the questions.To Cap it all,You have to start preparations as early as this Month since your UTME score will contribute a total of 50% in your admission chances.

Trust Me....Just learn from your faults,weaknesses and shortcomings this year and come back stronger!
Thanks very much

2 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by oldfoolnigger(m): 6:01pm On Nov 06, 2017
anonymous2001:
hiiii cheesy
cheesy

I caught u viewing.
msg replied
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by bukdan: 6:04pm On Nov 06, 2017
Good evening everyone. What's next now oh sad
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by samuelizz(m): 6:07pm On Nov 06, 2017
bukdan:
Good evening everyone. What's next now oh sad

Sleep ni oh.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Phemhografx: 6:11pm On Nov 06, 2017
TheHistorian:

ECONOMICS AND ECONOMICS EDUCATION pls may I know d difference between the Two (base on employment opportunities, mode of study and certification) Thanks

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Bobola07(m): 6:15pm On Nov 06, 2017
Just as my boss Pes13 has said, sometimes, things don't go the way you planned it to be.

Sometimes you don't get some things on a platter of gold. You have to go through disappointment, hard work, failure, tears and determination to lay your hands on actualizing your dreams.

What you're about to read is probably the longest message I have ever typed so far in life. Its very very lengthy due to the number of years involved and my wish to share some very personal details. But I assure you its worth reading.

If things went the way I planned, I would probably be a final year Medicine and surgery student at OAU. However, the plan never worked out like that.

From the disappointment of 2011 admission at oau (medicine) and lautech (medicine), I pressed on in 2012, with a jamb score of 242, applying to lautech (anatomy) and futa (biochemistry). I had 59% and 68% respectively, and was subsequently admitted to futa on supplementary list.

This never quenched my ambition to become a practitioner in the medical field. Together with some of my friends then in futa, I picked up 2013 jamb form, scoring 250 with Uniben (Medicine) as my school of choice. I had 66% in the postume and was subsequently admitted for Biochemistry instead. I declined the admission, while a friend of mine was admitted to oau to study medical rehabilitation (physiotherapy).

I moved on to 200L in Futa, still hurting from 2 failed admission attempts at my desired ambition. I went ahead to pick the 2014 jamb form, it was my first time doing jamb on computer. I had a disappointing 230. Based on the advice of a friend, I decided to choose Dentistry, also at Uniben. I had 59% in the postume and was subsequently admitted to study plant science and biotechnology. I smiled at myself the day I checked that admission status. I closed my eyes and shed my tears inside. That same year, a classmate of mine in futa gained admission to study medicine at UI. He's going to 400L now.

I moved to 300L in Futa, and in the year 2015, I decided not to take the jamb form, due to some factors, most of which were personal. Maybe I was discouraged by past failures and inability to break even.

2016 was the darkest and most traumatic of my admission experience. I was already in 400Level. I bought the jamb form with my own money (For the first time) during late registration. It cost me 10 thousand naira.
When I got the date for my exam, it was 1st march, 2016. I was scheduled to also have two first semester exams (BCH 415 and BCH 411) on that same day. To worsen the matter, I couldn't get the center in futa. I was to write in Oau cloud computing auditorium.
I used my influence to persuade my exam officer, and she was able to move only one out of the two papers to the previous day (29th Feb). So, I wrote BCH 415 and 405 on that Monday. I finished around 6:15pm and immediately found my way to north gate to get a bus to Ife. I stayed with my former classmate in faj hall overnight where I had to revise my subject combination, simultaneously reading BCH 411, hoping that I would be able to get to akure before 12pm, the time for the exam.
On the exam date, due to delays and accreditation, the exam that was supposed to start 9:30 started 10:15. We were given 2hrs 45mins. I didn't use up to 1hr 30 mins. I answered all my questions and submitted. Immediately I ran to get a bus to akure but I couldn't get one on time, by the time I got to school, the exam had been written.

That's an automatic carryover, according to school rules.

Well, I braced myself, and had to lie to my parents when the result came out that I missed the exam because the time was changed without me knowing.

About 5 days later, jamb released the results and I found myself staring at 207.
I had 38 in chemistry. The same chemistry that I had never scored below 66.
I felt sad but at the same time happy because I chose UI for dentistry. And for UI, minimum of 200 in jamb qualifies you to wrote postume. I was determined to hit as high as possible in the postume before the minister of education announced cancellation of postume. My hopes were dashed big time.
I applied for the screening last year. I have a very decent o'level and it was able to raise my aggregate to 64.208 but My woes were further compounded when UI released cutoff marks and dentistry was 64.29

I have never cried so much in my life like I did that day.

I decided to put an end to the serial disappointments about my admission. I sealed my mind to any other attempt to become a dentist. Perhaps it wasn't meant for me.

2017 came. I Started my final year in futa. But my friends (the oau guy and another friend in unn 400L medicine) kept persuading me to apply for jamb. For where? The persuasion fell on deaf ears. These guys raised money and sent it to me to pick the form. At that point, I couldn't say no. I picked UI again for dentistry. Jamb came after first semester exams. I wrote it in futa center and I had 295, scoring 76 in the chemistry I had 38 in 2016.

The rest is history.

Today, Monday, 6th November,2017 , between 3:30 and 5:30pm, to the glory of God, I wrote my last examination as a student of biochemistry, Futa, and I hope to resume to the university of Ibadan next year by God's grace.

If I were to pick 3 things that brought me this far, I'd choose
1. God's grace
2. Determination and persistence.
3. Supportive and encouraging friends.

If by any way, you've been disappointed by anything in life, I can vouch for these three things. Once you have them, they'll get you to your dreams.

another piece of advice for aspirants that didn't reach cutoff/ get their course by any means, anything you get right now, please enrol and start. You can always reapply for your desired course later on.

Thank you for reading.
God bless you.

47 Likes 8 Shares

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by JaybeeBob(m): 6:44pm On Nov 06, 2017
Had 55.25 and planing to make a Coc to agronomy How Good
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by kidneystones(m): 6:56pm On Nov 06, 2017
Bobola07:
Just as my boss Pes13 has said, sometimes, things don't go the way you planned it to be.

Sometimes you don't get some things on a platter of gold. You have to go through disappointment, hard work, failure, tears and determination to lay your hands on actualizing your dreams.

What you're about to read is probably the longest message I have ever typed so far in life. Its very very lengthy due to the number of years involved and my wish to share some very personal details. But I assure you its worth reading.

If things went the way I planned, I would probably be a final year Medicine and surgery student at OAU. However, the plan never worked out like that.

From the disappointment of 2011 admission at oau (medicine) and lautech (medicine), I pressed on in 2012, with a jamb score of 242, applying to lautech (anatomy) and futa (biochemistry). I had 59% and 68% respectively, and was subsequently admitted to futa on supplementary list.

This never quenched my ambition to become a practitioner in the medical field. Together with some of my friends then in futa, I picked up 2013 jamb form, scoring 250 with Uniben (Medicine) as my school of choice. I had 66% in the postume and was subsequently admitted for Biochemistry instead. I declined the admission, while a friend of mine was admitted to oau to study medical rehabilitation (physiotherapy).

I moved on to 200L in Futa, still hurting from 2 failed admission attempts at my desired ambition. I went ahead to pick the 2014 jamb form, it was my first time doing jamb on computer. I had a disappointing 230. Based on the advice of a friend, I decided to choose Dentistry, also at Uniben. I had 59% in the postume and was subsequently admitted to study plant science and biotechnology. I smiled at myself the day I checked that admission status. I closed my eyes and shed my tears inside. That same year, a classmate of mine in futa gained admission to study medicine at UI. He's going to 400L now.

I moved to 300L in Futa, and in the year 2015, I decided not to take the jamb form, due to some factors, most of which were personal. Maybe I was discouraged by past failures and inability to break even.

2016 was the darkest and most traumatic of my admission experience. I was already in 400Level. I bought the jamb form with my own money (For the first time) during late registration. It cost me 10 thousand naira.
When I got the date for my exam, it was 1st march, 2016. I was scheduled to also have two first semester exams (BCH 415 and BCH 411) on that same day. To worsen the matter, I couldn't get the center in futa. I was to write in Oau cloud computing auditorium.
I used my influence to persuade my exam officer, and she was able to move only one out of the two papers to the previous day (29th Feb). So, I wrote BCH 415 and 405 on that Monday. I finished around 6:15pm and immediately found my way to north gate to get a bus to Ife. I stayed with my former classmate in faj hall overnight where I had to revise my subject combination, simultaneously reading BCH 411, hoping that I would be able to get to akure before 12pm, the time for the exam.
On the exam date, due to delays and accreditation, the exam that was supposed to start 9:30 started 10:15. We were given 2hrs 45mins. I didn't use up to 1hr 30 mins. I answered all my questions and submitted. Immediately I ran to get a bus to akure but I couldn't get one on time, by the time I got to school, the exam had been written.

Well, I braced myself, and had to lie to my parents when the result came out that I missed the exam because the time was changed without me knowing.

About 5 days later, jamb released the results and I found myself staring at 207.
I felt sad but at the same time happy because I chose UI for dentistry. And for UI, minimum of 200 in jamb qualifies you to wrote postume. I was determined to hit as high as possible in the postume before the minister of education announced cancellation of postume. My hopes were dashed big time.
I applied for the screening last year. I have a very decent o'level and it was able to raise my aggregate to 64.208 but My woes were further compounded when UI released cutoff marks and dentistry was 64.29

I decided to put an end to the serial disappointments about my admission. I sealed my mind to any other attempt to become a dentist. Perhaps it wasn't meant for me.

2017 came. I Started my final year in futa. But my friends (the oau guy and another friend in unn 400L medicine) kept persuading me to apply for jamb. For where? The persuasion fell on deaf ears. These guys raised money and sent it to me to pick the form. At that point, I couldn't say no. I picked UI again for dentistry. Jamb came after first semester exams. I wrote it in futa center and I had 295, scoring 76 in the chemistry I had 38 in 2016.

The rest is history.

Today, Monday, 6th November,2017 , between 3:30 and 5:30pm, to the glory of God, I wrote my last examination as a student of biochemistry, Futa, and I hope to resume to the university of Ibadan next year by God's grace.

1. God's grace

If by any way, you've been disappointed by anything in life, I can vouch for these three things. Once you have them, they'll get you to your dreams.

another piece of advice for aspirants that didn't reach cutoff/ get their course by any means, anything you get right now, please enrol and start. You can always reapply for your desired course later on.

Thank you for reading.
God bless you.

Nice .. A lot of claps , yeah you are triumphant .. Mclean

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Hipprocrates(m): 7:01pm On Nov 06, 2017
how old are u bobola07
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by oldfoolnigger(m): 7:05pm On Nov 06, 2017
Bobola07:

The rest is history.

1. God's grace

Thank you for reading.
God bless you.

Ewoooo....Boss oooo.
Na ehn.....I'm short of words to describe ur personality.... Really encouraging and a big source of inspiration... A reservoir, in fact, a 'fountain' of inspiration .....U tried big time boss...Good friends are second to God, one's parents and good siblings.....

I remember calling u Dr and u were doing face like expired shit...if I tear u slap now dem go say I'm mad...

Stop me from calling u Dr this time around and u will see Amadioha and sango in action....lolz...

Dr Bobola.

Removes cap for the boss of all bosses*
Sits on the ground for him*
prostrates for him*

Calls him gallant soldier*

leme come and be going.

4 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Hipprocrates(m): 7:10pm On Nov 06, 2017
pls I am just joining this thread. I also wrote ui post utme this year for the first this year, I scored exactly 50. please bosses in the house I need your help to hit high marks in the next post jamb
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by bukdan: 7:11pm On Nov 06, 2017
Great minds and leaders.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Bobola07(m): 7:29pm On Nov 06, 2017
Hipprocrates:
how old are u bobola07

Lol

That's a personal question.
Well, I'm in my early twenties. That should suffice.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by TheHistorian(m): 7:29pm On Nov 06, 2017
Optimum respect to Bobola07.

He's really a source of motivation and inspiration for kids like us.His scribbled story exudes nothing other than resilience,perseverance and tenacious focus.

I really do envy his success.

Aim higher bruh.

NOTE...You don't have to quote all of his post in giving a reply or bestowing commendation.Re-Posting it in its entirety seem like a Spam and makes navigating downwards on the page more strenuous.

4 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Bobola07(m): 7:30pm On Nov 06, 2017
oldfoolnigger:

Ewoooo....Boss oooo.
Na ehn.....I'm short of words to describe ur personality.... Really encouraging and a big source of inspiration... A reservoir, in fact, a 'fountain' of inspiration .....U tried big time boss...Good friends are second to God, one's parents and good siblings.....

I remember calling u Dr and u were doing face like expired shit...if I tear u slap now dem go say I'm mad...

Stop me from calling u Dr this time around and u will see Amadioha and sango in action....lolz...

Dr Bobola.

Removes cap for the boss of all bosses*
Sits on the ground for him*
prostrates for him*

Calls him gallant soldier*

leme come and be going.

Lol... Thanks brother.
We are going to the very top.

No matter the route taken.. So far we get there

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by TheHistorian(m): 7:40pm On Nov 06, 2017
Phemhografx:

ECONOMICS AND ECONOMICS EDUCATION pls may I know d difference between the Two (base on employment opportunities, mode of study and certification) Thanks
ECONOMICS basically will expose you to the basic,rudiments,crux and the extended study of broad Economics.

ECONOMICS EDUCATION on the otherhand will surfacely teach you the needed knowledge of Economics leaving out the integral part while it also imbibe in you the necessary abilities needed for transferring knowledge i.e TEACHING.

Most Firms will preferably employ the services of an Economists ahead of an Economics Educationalist because the former has a widened/broad knowledge of the discipline.

So..It all depends on you.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by anonymous2001(f): 7:42pm On Nov 06, 2017
Greatnees awaits you dr! cheesy
Bobola07:

The rest is history.

1. God's grace

Thank you for reading.
God bless you.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by holuwajobar(m): 7:45pm On Nov 06, 2017
Bobola07:

The rest is history.

1. God's grace

Thank you for reading.
God bless you.
oh my God, i was even thinking my own matter is complicated until i read this post..... If anyone read dz post n he or she is not encouraged, thenn dah person shuld jez commit suicide....

Guy, u try oooo.... Me wey i never enter 20, i still dy sober coz my friends enter 300level..... What i learnt frm ur post is dah, everything and everyone have their own time.... My time will come..... I will become a medical practioner by d grace of God....

God bless u bro

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Bobola07(m): 7:52pm On Nov 06, 2017
TheHistorian:
Optimum respect to Bobola07.

He's really a source of motivation and inspiration for kids like us.His scribbled story exudes nothing other than resilience,perseverance and tenacious focus.

I really do envy his success.

Aim higher bruh.

NOTE...You don't have to quote all of his post in giving a reply or bestowing commendation.Re-Posting it in its entirety seem like a Spam and makes navigating downwards on the page more strenuous.

Historian, thank you so much. God bless you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Bobola07(m): 7:53pm On Nov 06, 2017
kidneystones:

Nice .. A lot of claps , yeah you are triumphant .. Mclean

Thanks brother
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Bobola07(m): 7:55pm On Nov 06, 2017
holuwajobar:
oh my God, i was even thinking my own matter is complicated until i read this post..... If anyone read dz post n he or she is not encouraged, thenn dah person shuld jez commit suicide....

Guy, u try oooo.... Me wey i never enter 20, i still dy sober coz my friends enter 300level..... What i learnt frm ur post is dah, everything and everyone have their own time.... My time will come..... I will become a medical practioner by d grace of God....

God bless u bro

Smiles

Thanks bro.
God bless you.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Papi112: 8:07pm On Nov 06, 2017
Bobola07:

The rest is history.

1. God's grace

Thank you for reading.
God bless you.

Based on these sir... U said one can always reapply for a course.... Does it mean one can matriculate twice...

Example
Bola applied for mbbs was given physiology can she reapply for mbbs d next year??
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Bobola07(m): 8:25pm On Nov 06, 2017
Papi112:

Based on these sir... U said one can always reapply for a course.... Does it mean one can matriculate twice...

Example
Bola applied for mbbs was given physiology can she reapply for mbbs d next year??

Yes. Its very possible.
I can't say for UI, weda dey allow already matriculated students to matriculate again in another department, but it can happen from one school to another. There are Pple that left oau in 200L to UI medicine
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Mobuoy19: 9:14pm On Nov 06, 2017
Bobola07

You're the real MVP. Your story not only give up, it's an archetypal example of resilience.

I hope to meet you sometime in the future, your buoy has a lot to learn

3 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Seanpizzy10: 9:35pm On Nov 06, 2017
please I need your reply on this matter. I happen to be a boy from kwara state and I applied for UI economics having aggregate of 64.125 and the cut off is 65.13. I was happy that I was from one of the ELDS but when I checked my Jamb photocard, my state of origin was filled in as Osun state and I didn't verify it when registering for Jamb. My question is that can I apply for correction of data on Jamb website and after that will UI consider me for admission under ELDS after the correction. I await your response

(1) (2) (3) ... (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) ... (463) (Reply)

2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. / The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. / Unilag 2015/2016 Admission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 167
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.