Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,325 members, 7,864,552 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 08:27 PM

University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread - Education (41) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread (733366 Views)

University of Ibadan 2019/2020 Admission Thread / 2017/2018 University of Ibadan(UI) Postgraduate Forms Is Out / Osun State University (UNIOSUN ) 2017/2018 Post UTME /admission Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (463) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by oldfoolnigger(m): 10:08pm On May 31, 2017
geegirl109:

CBT center or Jamb office??
accredited CBT centers do do it too..

except in Lagos,that I heard that jamb has disabled them lately.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by masterprad: 10:20pm On May 31, 2017
oldfoolnigger:
yea sir.

coc is a short form of change of course sir

Thanks for the info
I am not sire what is going on but I can only see 2016 in the drop down Sir
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by vickardor(m): 11:03pm On May 31, 2017
Pls i got 211 has my score in jamb and want to study economics in unizik or another federal universities in Nigeria ..pls what are my chances .. I will like to know cut off marks for economics in fed universities..i need help pls
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by oldfoolnigger(m): 11:19pm On May 31, 2017
masterprad:

Thanks for the info
I am not sire what is going on but I can only see 2016 in the drop down Sir
click on those four dashes on the top right hand side of ur portal.

u will see it there
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by dekay14(m): 11:25pm On May 31, 2017
But how can one request change of course when one is yet to see his/her UTME scores even.

Na wa for Nigeria things o
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nobody: 3:47am On Jun 01, 2017
vickardor:
Pls i got 211 has my score in jamb and want to study economics in unizik or another federal universities in Nigeria ..pls what are my chances .. I will like to know cut off marks for economics in fed universities..i need help pls

Let me check your chances in UI. Drop your o'level grades..
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nobody: 7:35am On Jun 01, 2017
oldfoolnigger:
evening house.

kingovo just saw ui law aspirant with an intimidating aggregate score of 85.

the guy just hammer his waec 6 A1.
all in his five relevant subjects.
I personally don remove one slot from available slots for the guy.

how are u by the way?
grin
You've already booked a seat for the guy no probs... grin
Na so i see one MBBS aspirant with an aggregate score of 87
My jaws dropped
I'm sure he don enter ....grin

O'level na bad thing 5A1's
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nobody: 7:54am On Jun 01, 2017
Happy New

Month everyone

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by holuwajobar(m): 7:59am On Jun 01, 2017
Ajet001:
grin You've already booked a seat for the guy no probs... grin Na so i see one MBBS aspirant with an aggregate score of 87 My jaws dropped I'm sure he don enter ....grin
we nid to go bck to d era of post jamb

2 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nobody: 8:05am On Jun 01, 2017
holuwajobar:
we nid to go bck to d era of post jamb
Exactly bro
One thing i believe is that we cannot continue like this
Post utme we soon resurface
I'm sure undecided
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by holuwajobar(m): 8:08am On Jun 01, 2017
Ajet001:

Exactly bro
One thing i believe is that we cannot continue like this
Post utme we soon resurface
I'm sure undecided
yh bro......coz dah waec result is nt pure at all.....when special centre dy
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by KingOvo(m): 8:53am On Jun 01, 2017
oldfoolnigger:
evening house.

the guy just hammer his waec 6 A1.
all in his five relevant subjects.
I personally don remove one slot from available slots for the guy.

how are u by the way?
shocked shocked 85? people don pack all the marks finish o. which hope dey for people like us now?
btw i'm good, i just got back from kirikiri too grin yeye anti spam bot angry
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nobody: 10:21am On Jun 01, 2017
Ajet001:

grin
You've already booked a seat for the guy no probs... grin
Na so i see one MBBS aspirant with an aggregate score of 87
My jaws dropped
I'm sure he don enter ....grin

Oboi,if UI no give me dis year,na straight to special centres for WAEC
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Dunsin89(m): 12:10pm On Jun 01, 2017
Sterix10:

Hmmmmmm sad
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by OoreBello: 1:27pm On Jun 01, 2017
Please who knows what the cut off for geology in unibadan will be this year[color=#990000][/color]
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jun 01, 2017
Sterix10:
grin I wish you well bro..! I pray God make your admission possible this year
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jun 01, 2017
KingOvo:

shocked shocked 85? people don pack all the marks finish o. which hope dey for people like us now?
btw i'm good, i just got back from kirikiri too grin yeye anti spam bot angry
grin
Welcome back bro.!
Your absence was felt

Don't worry our admission this year will be possible IJN
AMEN
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jun 01, 2017
OoreBello:
Please who knows what the cut off for geology in unibadan will be this year[color=#990000][/color]
We don't have a crystal ball and there is no other way to know
Even the VC cannot say for now

What will can do is help you calculate your points based on last year method and see if you stand a chance/beat last year cut-off mark.
Thanks.!
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Bobola07(m): 6:18pm On Jun 01, 2017
oldfoolnigger:
evening house.

the guy just hammer his waec 6 A1. all in his five relevant subjects. I personally don remove one slot from available slots for the guy.

how are u by the way?
hmmm...this one is strong.......

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Annibiteye: 6:48am On Jun 02, 2017
DokitaDave:
Thank you for calling my attention to this ma.

Firstly, let me also salute your courage for holding your head up high in the face of public ignorance even when you seem not to totally understand what is obtainable in Dentistry and Dental Surgery.

So many people (including prospective undergraduates) do not understand the nitty-gritty of Dentistry, hence they do not appreciate it or pick it as a choice course, as the case may be. (By the way, this is somewhat to the advantage of the usually few dental applicants because this sort of brings the cut-off mark down each year)

In simple terms, I'll say Dentistry and Dental Surgery is basically a specialty in medicine that allows you to specialize right from your undergraduate days. Some arguments I read about Dentistry and Dental Surgery on social media are not accurate and thus misleading.

Right from your first year till after about your first year in UCH, BDS and MBBS students take thesame courses all through. Infact, dental students offer more courses. Dental students write more MB (professional medical exams) than MBBS guys. We both spend thesame number of years in school and we do things together many times.

I don't want to sound like someone trying to glorify a course above another because we are both workers in the medical field. BDS and MBBS graduates are regarded as Doctors. They both belong to thesame professional body (NMA) and the prospect is thesame in Nigeria (that's if Dental graduates don't even have upper hand due to the fewer graduates been churned out in the country each year). What about pay? In Nigeria, BDS and MBBS graduates earn thesame using thesame salary scale. In some other western worlds (like the US), dentists earn more than their counterparts.

What else?

My friend, you have made the right choice and you shouldn't be discouraged by the wrong arguments you find in many public spheres.

Let me know if there are some other things you are still not clear about please.

cc: holuwajobar, Bobola07
I trust you'll have a lot inputs on this, and I wasn't disappointed. All the best!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Wizdray: 8:46am On Jun 02, 2017
Is Petroleum Engineering a competitive course?? So I can change the course jejely
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Wuminity(f): 8:58am On Jun 02, 2017
Bobola07:

to me o, i feel statistics is a sub-specialty of mathematics. They do d same courses and stat students will also do additional statistics courses.
They are together most times sha.

In term of admission, any of them will be favourable cos the cutoff is not usually high..

cc CondomSir plus other MTS and STA aspirants...help out

Cc horlanchilae
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by johnnybravo1: 10:15am On Jun 02, 2017
shocking!! just in from the university of ibadan. check the latest shocking news as posted on the website of the universiti of ibadan via this link https:///Mh6GIR
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Seyitay1212: 3:00pm On Jun 02, 2017
Pls I choose ui and scored 223 in jamb, com sci or statistics but am using dis yr neco awaiting result...pls waits ur advice for me bfor it's too late..thanks
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by tobbiedejie: 3:01pm On Jun 02, 2017
good afternoon , g want to study medicine in ui . I was cle to get 290 in utme but i have heard theres no more post utme is there any form i need to obtain or any information i need to put my ears on d ground for. I am just in d dark and i'll hate to lose out just because i dont hav d right info. Thanks in advance
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by godslaw(m): 3:10pm On Jun 02, 2017
please house, I just accessed this group on nairaland late, just discovered Pharmacy isn't gonna be considered this year in UI. I scored 250 in jamb.

please I need advice as to how I can change my course or Any suggestions to change of institution if I don't have a choice...

Does UI admit candidates to less competitive departments of one does not meet up requirements to high competitive departments..
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by salesforce: 3:19pm On Jun 02, 2017
Hi students
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by babablogger: 3:21pm On Jun 02, 2017
tobbiedejie:
good afternoon , g want to study medicine in ui . I was cle to get 290 in utme but i have heard theres no more post utme is there any form i need to obtain or any information i need to put my ears on d ground for. I am just in d dark and i'll hate to lose out just because i dont hav d right info. Thanks in advance
what's your o level grade?
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by babablogger: 3:24pm On Jun 02, 2017
godslaw:
please house, I just accessed this group on nairaland late, just discovered Pharmacy isn't gonna be considered this year in UI. I scored 250 in jamb.

please I need advice as to how I can change my course or Any suggestions to change of institution if I don't have a choice...

Does UI admit candidates to less competitive departments of one does not meet up requirements to high competitive departments..
check list of their courses and decide which one of their courses will go with your utme combo

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Castleberry: 4:57pm On Jun 02, 2017
VickieBear:
I registered Jamb using an awaiting results, I don't know if there'll be complications. And I need to know if having 217 is enough to study English language/Literature.

Your jamb result seems good but your o level has to be really strong. I'm an English aspirant too. Do you want to be added to the whatsapp group?

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (463) (Reply)

The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. / Unilag 2015/2016 Admission / University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.