Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,609 members, 7,809,232 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:13 AM

One Single Thing Wizkid Needs To Learn From Davido !!!! - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / One Single Thing Wizkid Needs To Learn From Davido !!!! (38372 Views)

BIG BOYS THING!! Wizkid And Hushpuppi Party Together In Dubai / More Photos From Davido And Chioma's Introduction / Wizkid Needs Your Vote To Win Best International Act Mobo Award 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

One Single Thing Wizkid Needs To Learn From Davido !!!! by Synord(m): 8:04pm On Apr 07, 2017
The Roots !!!

Never change your real self/style to gain appeal to some people who care less about what you may have to offer... Originality matters a lot..

Davido signed to Sony Music and was not allowed to drop a single song for eleven months...The single drought adversely affected his career in terms of airplay, shows and awards.. By the time he was allowed to drop songs, he had to forfeit his creative control and dropped the poorly received Son Of Mercy EP where he had to do rnb, Patois ,trap and some other sounds alien to the davido we know..

Fast forward,Davido realized he had made a big mistake ...He realized he had stop giving people what attracted sony/Rca to him in the first place..
His African rhythm/melody....His creative control had been seized and he was being forced to do songs that appealed to the whites...

Swiftly, he posted on his Instagram that f**k the international s**I and claimed he is back to his roots and his basics...He also added that his creative control had been returned.. He sacked his manager,Kamal and got his old pal ,Asa asika on board...

...Long story short, Davido returned to what we knew him for..Pure Gbedu African Sound...His Single " IF is the biggest single at the moment ...And his next singles ( all African jams ) Fall. BabyTomato and Won le ba are all potential hits..Davido had even set aside his international feature titled kpere ft youngthug and swae Lee to later dates... Sense

Wizkid since featuring Drake has been turned from the gbedu and lamba African sound giver to a reggae and dancehall singer.. The plan is to turn wizkid completely to a dancehall singer... Bounce along with Zara Larsson, u don't know with Justine Skye, Kranium's believe ,major laser Boom boom, Daddy Yo,Sweet love ,fine wine remix,Rkelly thank you ...

Every single Song has been a drift to the reggae ragga Impression...No wonder the latest song "whine for me ' was with Vybez kartel...Some might say Wizkid is trying to appeal to international market or he does global music now , but which of the So called globally appealing music has made it as big as Ojuelegba, where Africa percussions and the Yoruba langugage signifying his roots was used..

Which of these globally appealing singles have gotten airplays like in my bed, Ojuelegba. Show me the money...

Fela anikulapo kuti invented afro beats and today , he is more known internationally than any Nigerian artist ...Sunny Ade was nominated for Grammy for his juju music...

* You can't do it better than the people that owns the stuff, no matter how you try,U will only be close to them '

Davido raked in Over 45 million from shows according to his Snapchat from shows after he released If ....Wizkid has not performed in Nigeria since last year !!! who is gaining and who is losing...

Wizkid , I beg of you , take us back to the days of no lele, Oluwa lo ni, ojuelegba, mummy mi, Holla at your boy , tease me.. We are tired of this your " Do what the teacher say don't come late " and reggaeton oyinbo vibes..

African music can get you the Grammy.Ask.Angelique kidjo ,Soweto choir and Yiussoif Dior.

Written by a Concerned fan

Twitter @Iamsynord
Email -idsam600@gmail.com

92 Likes 16 Shares

Re: One Single Thing Wizkid Needs To Learn From Davido !!!! by Synord(m): 8:22pm On Apr 07, 2017
Cc lalasticlala, Dominique

2 Likes

Re: One Single Thing Wizkid Needs To Learn From Davido !!!! by hardeycute(m): 8:27pm On Apr 07, 2017
booked
Re: One Single Thing Wizkid Needs To Learn From Davido !!!! by verygudbadguy(m): 8:38pm On Apr 07, 2017
I guess this is Wizzy's week with the way NLers are coming up with threads on him.

@Op, I see no mistake here. Wizzy is on the right track. He hasn't ditched his afro sound, he is only trying to reach out to a bigger audience. It goes on to show his versatility in music.

I get your point on the below bolded though...

* You can't do it better than the people that owns the stuff, no matter how you try,U will only be close to them '

I believe it is better to give it a trial than not trying at all...

My only advice is that he should try and feature more on the African scene. He has got Runtown and Eazi as allies. He can jump on tracks with them and remain the Starboy he is...

57 Likes 6 Shares

Re: One Single Thing Wizkid Needs To Learn From Davido !!!! by Nobody: 8:40pm On Apr 07, 2017
They are both doing well so I guess to each his own. Still nice one op.

7 Likes

Re: One Single Thing Wizkid Needs To Learn From Davido !!!! by LesbianBoy(m): 8:46pm On Apr 07, 2017
**okada drop me here abeg**

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Single Thing Wizkid Needs To Learn From Davido !!!! by nikkypearl(f): 8:47pm On Apr 07, 2017
both are doing quiet well..but I'd pick Davido over wizkid anytime

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: One Single Thing Wizkid Needs To Learn From Davido !!!! by Synord(m): 9:06pm On Apr 07, 2017
[quote author=nikkypearl post=55362470]both are doing quiet well..but I'd pick Davido over wizkid anytime[/quote

why ?? if I may ask ??
Re: One Single Thing Wizkid Needs To Learn From Davido !!!! by Synord(m): 9:36pm On Apr 07, 2017
Henryyy:
They are both doing well so I guess to each his own. Still nice one op.

Thanks
Re: One Single Thing Wizkid Needs To Learn From Davido !!!! by goonsmi: 9:56pm On Apr 07, 2017
Wizzy baby loke loke

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Single Thing Wizkid Needs To Learn From Davido !!!! by Young03(m): 11:02pm On Apr 07, 2017
If i give a fucck abt davido n wizkid make i die
i dont even have any of the songs from jan 2016

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: One Single Thing Wizkid Needs To Learn From Davido !!!! by GoggleB(m): 11:49pm On Apr 07, 2017
Has wizkid dropped any EP or album recently?
Is DaddyYo not naija kind of music?
Is Sweet Love not naija kind of music?
He has a track Ghetto Youth he is yet to drop have u listened to the snippet?
Just tell us you prefer Davido to wizkid not you giving us a baseless opinion..
Come Closer video promoted African-Heritage culture with those melanin girls so what's are you saying exactly?

Synord it wud be better for you to face your own music career squarely instead of bringing topics on those who have made it already.

81 Likes 3 Shares

Re: One Single Thing Wizkid Needs To Learn From Davido !!!! by smallJagaban: 5:46am On Apr 08, 2017
TOTAL RUBBISH.

WIZKID HAS BEEN AN INTERNATIONAL PERSON BEFORE SONY DEAL. DAVIDO IS STILL A LEARNER COMPARE TO WIZKID

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Single Thing Wizkid Needs To Learn From Davido !!!! by Amberon: 6:00am On Apr 08, 2017
As a Nigerian artist , you don't need to change your sound in other to appeal to foreigners. You cannot be more american than Americans.

Sean Paul never had to change his sound yet ruled the American industry for years.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Single Thing Wizkid Needs To Learn From Davido !!!! by Synord(m): 6:37am On Apr 08, 2017
Amberon:
As a Nigerian artist , you don't need to change your sound in other to appeal to foreigners. You cannot be more american than Americans.

Sean Paul never had to change his sound yet ruler the American industry for years.

God bless you Bro..

Only the Intelligent would understand my point

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Single Thing Wizkid Needs To Learn From Davido !!!! by IamOpemipo(m): 6:44am On Apr 08, 2017
So sweet love is also foreign sound abi, we jus like to make a mountain outta a molehill, come closer just made 1m views in 20hrs on YouTube.. It took Davido's if 3days or so to do that. Wiz Bleep with many sounds right from holla at ya Boy days, to me his contract is quite different from that of Davido, at least he didn't have to go on a break before giving us jams. Let the boy be and stop this comparison, it's getting stale aiidy.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Single Thing Wizkid Needs To Learn From Davido !!!! by OKorowanta: 7:08am On Apr 08, 2017
Op go siddon wia contain you.
Like say Drake dey come closer video,you go write dis rubbish?
With what Wizkid did on Shaba ft Chris Brown,Trey Songz,can Davido bounce on a track like dat?
Lots of people from d international community are full of praise for Wizkid's Come Closer as they've tagged it different from d norm.
If he is not doing d foreign blend wit Afro beats well which u are trying to ridicule,I would av agreed wit u.
But every song he's brought out since d larger audience sojourn has been on point.
Op Abeg u live dat thing,Wizkid na magic!

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: One Single Thing Wizkid Needs To Learn From Davido !!!! by MJBOLT: 7:26am On Apr 08, 2017
trash undecided
Re: One Single Thing Wizkid Needs To Learn From Davido !!!! by Synord(m): 7:41am On Apr 08, 2017
MJBOLT:
trash undecided

trash !!! is ok

1 Like

Re: One Single Thing Wizkid Needs To Learn From Davido !!!! by veekid(m): 8:08am On Apr 08, 2017
Sensible observation from the OP
Re: One Single Thing Wizkid Needs To Learn From Davido !!!! by ekems2017(f): 8:53am On Apr 08, 2017
No time to read this story.
Re: One Single Thing Wizkid Needs To Learn From Davido !!!! by clickbnkgod: 8:54am On Apr 08, 2017
Both dudes are trying sha..... But they can do better by promoting Africa culture the more.

4 Likes

Re: One Single Thing Wizkid Needs To Learn From Davido !!!! by kolakunle11(m): 8:55am On Apr 08, 2017
keep ur opinion

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Single Thing Wizkid Needs To Learn From Davido !!!! by RealHaute: 8:55am On Apr 08, 2017
Wait

Modified:

Keep waiting...
Re: One Single Thing Wizkid Needs To Learn From Davido !!!! by babyfaceafrica: 8:56am On Apr 08, 2017
Story
Re: One Single Thing Wizkid Needs To Learn From Davido !!!! by QuietHammer(m): 8:56am On Apr 08, 2017
Armchair music analyst. Mtcheww
Re: One Single Thing Wizkid Needs To Learn From Davido !!!! by mennagina(m): 8:56am On Apr 08, 2017
this not a big deal to me ooo
Re: One Single Thing Wizkid Needs To Learn From Davido !!!! by bestspoke: 8:57am On Apr 08, 2017
Wizzy is evolving bro

3 Likes

Re: One Single Thing Wizkid Needs To Learn From Davido !!!! by ednut1(m): 8:58am On Apr 08, 2017
like wizkid will say broke pple always hav an opinion. lol. oga feee d guy

2 Likes

Re: One Single Thing Wizkid Needs To Learn From Davido !!!! by slawomir: 8:58am On Apr 08, 2017
ok
Re: One Single Thing Wizkid Needs To Learn From Davido !!!! by magazineguy(m): 8:58am On Apr 08, 2017
It is quite obvious OP doesn't know what evolving music is. Wiz keeps evolving since the days of Holla at your boy and that's why we keep loving every time.

Every international joint Wiz has done, there is always an afrobeat feel which makes the song even more interesting.

Wiz is not your average artist, I mean not even your good artiste. Wiz is a maestro when it comes to music.

To the guy who said Wiz is not doing shows, do you know why? I called Sunday Are recently and he said Wiz isn't doing shows for now apparently they have plans structured out.

Wiz is in the global eyes, if you watch and listen to Come Closer video then you would know that Wiz has magic when it comes to music.

As far I am concerned, that video is a standard international video. Wiz is not losing, Davido isn't losing either.

Let niggas be great!!!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Single Thing Wizkid Needs To Learn From Davido !!!! by Nobody: 8:58am On Apr 08, 2017
grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Davido Gets Scared By A Pangolin Placed On His Arm (Photo, Video) / Comedian Kobaba Proposes To His Babe (pics) / Mercy Eke’s 28th Birthday Party Photos & Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.