Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,639 members, 7,813,124 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:28 AM

Meningitis Kills Two In Lagos As Death Toll Rises To 438. - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Meningitis Kills Two In Lagos As Death Toll Rises To 438. (24914 Views)

438 New COVID-19 Cases, 389 Discharged And 11 Deaths On July 25 - (3063 Tested) / Children Suffering From Meningitis Lying On The Floor In Zamfara (Photos) / Meningitis Outbreak In 16 States In Nigeria. See Affected States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meningitis Kills Two In Lagos As Death Toll Rises To 438. by sapientia(m): 8:12pm On Apr 08, 2017
Na wa ooo.. there are some things Nigeria should have outgrown..

werin dis pipu dey always discuss for FEC sef.. nothing dey move.

2 Likes

Re: Meningitis Kills Two In Lagos As Death Toll Rises To 438. by toogbasky(m): 8:13pm On Apr 08, 2017
Re: Meningitis Kills Two In Lagos As Death Toll Rises To 438. by Keynadezy: 8:13pm On Apr 08, 2017
Langbasa:
Please what are the symptons of this meningitis?

Constant headache
Vomiting
Coughing
Stiffness of neck
Sensitivity to light ( d person no go d like light again)

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meningitis Kills Two In Lagos As Death Toll Rises To 438. by Nobody: 8:14pm On Apr 08, 2017
I'm beginning to have this feeling that all these killer diseases and insurgences in Africa and the middle east are weapons used by the oyibos so they may wipe us all out and inherit our God-given gifts (mineral resources).
Re: Meningitis Kills Two In Lagos As Death Toll Rises To 438. by MrBONE2(m): 8:15pm On Apr 08, 2017
GREAT ONE COME FOR HELP! Shaka shaka eshakalala shaka
Re: Meningitis Kills Two In Lagos As Death Toll Rises To 438. by GreatMahmud: 8:19pm On Apr 08, 2017
We thank God Ebola didnt surface in this regime..Meningitis which is by far not as infectious as Ebola cannot be controlled by this govt and the one in charge of Min of health.. Kudos Onyebuchi Chukwu and GEJ for your proactiveness in nipping Ebola in the bud.. These present ones we have today are still learners in disease outbreak control..No apologies!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meningitis Kills Two In Lagos As Death Toll Rises To 438. by Raziii(m): 8:19pm On Apr 08, 2017
curiositymaster:
I'm beginning to have this feeling that all these killer diseases and insurgences in Africa and the middle east are weapons used by the oyibos so they may wipe us all out and inherit our God-given gifts (mineral resources).
Make una come see Yari pikin oh

7 Likes

Re: Meningitis Kills Two In Lagos As Death Toll Rises To 438. by mvem(m): 8:20pm On Apr 08, 2017
curiositymaster:
....meningitis wey dey comeout every year during the hot weather mostly in the north...the disease is not a big one, they hv a vaccine for it....maybe its the gov not doing well, thats y d spread

2 Likes

Re: Meningitis Kills Two In Lagos As Death Toll Rises To 438. by Keynadezy: 8:20pm On Apr 08, 2017
Langbasa:
Please what are the symptons of this meningitis?

Constant headache
Vomiting
Stiffness of neck
Coughing
Sensitivity to light (d person no go d like light again)

2 Likes

Re: Meningitis Kills Two In Lagos As Death Toll Rises To 438. by Langbasa: 8:20pm On Apr 08, 2017
Keynadezy:

Constant headache
Vomiting
Coughing
Stiffness of neck
Sensitivity to light ( d person no go d like light again)
Thank u very much,now i'm enlightened.

1 Like

Re: Meningitis Kills Two In Lagos As Death Toll Rises To 438. by Nobody: 8:22pm On Apr 08, 2017
mvem:
....meningitis wey dey comeout every year during the hot weather mostly in the north...the disease is not a big one, they hv a vaccine for it....maybe its the gov not doing well, thats y d spread

That is what they tell us, but I don talk my own nor vex
Re: Meningitis Kills Two In Lagos As Death Toll Rises To 438. by Brightgem(f): 8:28pm On Apr 08, 2017
YorubaMuslims:
This kind of sickness can't come to region where the people practice cleanliness ans culture
Pls what exactly are u saying? I mean what point are u trying to make? Do u even know what miningitis is.
Re: Meningitis Kills Two In Lagos As Death Toll Rises To 438. by Nollynude: 8:33pm On Apr 08, 2017
Abeg someone should educate me, which one is meningitis again
Re: Meningitis Kills Two In Lagos As Death Toll Rises To 438. by chibuzorAbia: 8:36pm On Apr 08, 2017
curiositymaster:

That is our destiny my brother. Why do you think the powerful countries are amassing weapons? So that dumb, unproductive people in Africa particularly can be wiped out and their land (and best women) are taken over and shared by the powerful nations. Africans will not see the next 300 years.
Re: Meningitis Kills Two In Lagos As Death Toll Rises To 438. by 4dor: 8:46pm On Apr 08, 2017
Amarabae:
But Onyebuchi Chukwu during GEJ tenure handled the Ebola issue very well.
PMB and APC are very confused!

Lmao! You're trying to change history before our very own eyes and selling us what is false like we were born yesterday? A Google search will tell you about the heroes and heroines of our Ebola war. Not everything should be termed as politics cos when you do that you end spreading lies like politicians.

2 Likes

Re: Meningitis Kills Two In Lagos As Death Toll Rises To 438. by Klington: 8:47pm On Apr 08, 2017
But EBOLA was more deadlier than this meningitis nah and was brought under postive control within the shortest period of time....government filled with mediocres.

5 Likes

Re: Meningitis Kills Two In Lagos As Death Toll Rises To 438. by bionixs: 8:47pm On Apr 08, 2017
kinstar112:
Share this news with everyone around you please
you are well at all? Spread bad news? Where are the health tips to prevent the plague or manage it?

1 Like

Re: Meningitis Kills Two In Lagos As Death Toll Rises To 438. by NoToPile: 8:53pm On Apr 08, 2017
I wonder why people are comparing this with the Ebola case , should everything be about politics

People are already mentioning one past minister for health .

This is a different different thing entirely, different sceneario.
Re: Meningitis Kills Two In Lagos As Death Toll Rises To 438. by bobochem: 8:53pm On Apr 08, 2017
This is serious!This issue of meningitis is getting out of hand.what is ministry of health and information duin abt d outbreak of meningitis. No enough publication abt the outbreak. Both ministry of health n information av done little abt d outbreak of meningitis. Do u know that this vaccine for meningitis?I think d President shld query both ministries of health n information for during absolute nothing against the outbreak of meningitis. How on earth would u allow 436 people to died because of the outbreak. They died because of govt fail to live to their responsibility.

1 Like

Re: Meningitis Kills Two In Lagos As Death Toll Rises To 438. by Limitless72(m): 8:56pm On Apr 08, 2017
I know that God is in control...
Let just keep praying for ourselves and children
Re: Meningitis Kills Two In Lagos As Death Toll Rises To 438. by 2bam: 9:10pm On Apr 08, 2017
I don't really know what is happening in this country, no value for life anymore.
Re: Meningitis Kills Two In Lagos As Death Toll Rises To 438. by temitope277(m): 9:13pm On Apr 08, 2017
tank god ondo state iz nt dere
Re: Meningitis Kills Two In Lagos As Death Toll Rises To 438. by Nina4u(f): 9:13pm On Apr 08, 2017
Bacterial meningitis occurs when these bacteria get in your bloodstream and travel to your brain and spinal cord to start an infection. Most bacteria that cause this form of infection are spread through close personal contact, such as: coughing. sneezing...
Re: Meningitis Kills Two In Lagos As Death Toll Rises To 438. by Mrtecnomore: 9:25pm On Apr 08, 2017
wink smiley
Re: Meningitis Kills Two In Lagos As Death Toll Rises To 438. by mvem(m): 9:40pm On Apr 08, 2017
curiositymaster:

That is what they tell us, but I don talk my own nor vex
...i received meningitis vaccine in maiduguri long time ago when there was an outbreak...there are always cases in the core north every year
Re: Meningitis Kills Two In Lagos As Death Toll Rises To 438. by xxgig(m): 9:47pm On Apr 08, 2017
bobochem:
This is serious!This issue of meningitis is getting out of hand.what is ministry of health and information duin abt d outbreak of meningitis. No enough publication abt the outbreak. Both ministry of health n information av done little abt d outbreak of meningitis. Do u know that this vaccine for meningitis?I think d President shld query both ministries of health n information for during absolute nothing against the outbreak of meningitis. How on earth would u allow 436 people to died because of the outbreak. They died because of govt fail to live to their responsibility.
how leaders are not connected to the people at all. I told a doctor in one of the north central states earlier in the year, that if there is no immunisation this year. There will be an outbreak of this disease. Now here it is.
Re: Meningitis Kills Two In Lagos As Death Toll Rises To 438. by kinstar112: 9:50pm On Apr 08, 2017
God help us all
Re: Meningitis Kills Two In Lagos As Death Toll Rises To 438. by TerrorSquad(m): 10:08pm On Apr 08, 2017
No South East state listed
Re: Meningitis Kills Two In Lagos As Death Toll Rises To 438. by blackweaver(m): 10:17pm On Apr 08, 2017
TerrorSquad:
No South East state listed

That's because it started from the northwest

1 Like

Re: Meningitis Kills Two In Lagos As Death Toll Rises To 438. by onos217(m): 10:22pm On Apr 08, 2017
The government should not take any form of proactive measure to curb this outbreak o—Mumu leaders . Rather, they should wait for God's intervention because our sins has overflown on the very eyes of God.
Re: Meningitis Kills Two In Lagos As Death Toll Rises To 438. by googi: 10:26pm On Apr 08, 2017
You guys cannot help it, you have to put politics and ethnicity into everything. Lagos State led the taming of Ebola. Oyebuche Chukwu, a highly intelligent man admired and respected by his classmates in school for his brain, turned into politician. He ordered Nano Silver to cure Ebola and the Lagos State, some of whom were his classmate rejected it. Foreign contract is a must for everything to make money.

Indeed, Lagos State was reimburse after the fact, when Ebola had already been tamed. The lady doctor (Dr. Stella Ameyo ADADEVOH) that physically restrained the patient from Liberia scarified her life, as well as a cleaner in the private hospital. Instead of us celebrating those lives, we are beating our chest for Oyebuchi and Jonathan that imported Nano Silver, an impotent placebo, that made them money.

You guys have no shame?

Amarabae:
But Onyebuchi Chukwu during GEJ tenure handled the Ebola issue very well.
PMB and APC are very confused!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Degema Zonal Hospital, Rivers State Built By Wike (Photos) / She Has Fibroid, Can She Attempt A Vaginal Delivery? / Lifeless Body Of A New Baby Found Abandoned In Edo State ( Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.