Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,828 members, 7,817,416 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:53 AM

Buratai Recounts Close Shave With Death In Battle With Boko Haram - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buratai Recounts Close Shave With Death In Battle With Boko Haram (543 Views)

A Close Shave With Death: An Account Of Prince Segun Akanni Ex Cos To Aare Gani / Gallant Nigerian Soldiers In A Live Gun Battle With Boko Haram Terrorists (Pics) / Clerics In Battle For Aso Rock (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buratai Recounts Close Shave With Death In Battle With Boko Haram by YukHub: 1:00pm On Apr 08, 2017
Nigeria’s army chief Tukur Buratai has recalled how close he came to death during an ambush by Boko Haram insurgents.
The Nation reports that Buratai remembers with sadness the attack that narly cost Nigeria its number one military General and led to the death of some gallant soldiers that fought to protect him.
“I was with them and my convoy was ambushed by Boko Haram. Instead of withdrawing back to Maiduguri, I said, ‘No! We are in this together, I can’t go back. We must all go together to clear the ambush.”
‘’So I advanced with them and that was how we cleared the ambush. If the Chief of Army Staff (COAS) does not turn back, who would turn and run from such an ambush? I advanced with the troops and it paid off.
“Unfortunately, we lost two soldiers; one of them was an officer. One other soldier, a Brigadier-General, got wounded in the attack.”
On how far the war with Boko Haram has come in the last two years, Buratai said: ‘The situation before we came in.
Buratai says he it is sad to remember those that gave their lives for him
“We came at a time when truly the challenge of the insurgency was very high. It was at its peak. There is no gainsaying that some progress had been made before we came in. But the progress that was made before we came in was being overtaken by the virtual resurgence of Boko Haram terrorist group.
“At the time we came, there were only four local governments that were not under the Boko Haram terrorist group’s control out of about 27 local governments in Borno. Same in Yobe state; two local governments were still under Boko Haram’s influence. That was the situation we met when we came in July 2015.
“As at today, those two local governments in Yobe state have been reclaimed from Boko Haram. And in Borno, all the 23 LGAs that were under the influence and control of Boko Haram have been liberated and they’ve been effectively put under the control of the elected government. The areas that are remaining are just the peripheral, that lies along the border between Nigeria and Cameroon. And Chad and Niger borders as well. No single local government is under the control of Boko Haram. To me, this is a major achievement and source of fulfilment.”
cc: lalaticalala

Source: http://www.yukhub.com/198/buratai-recounts-close-shave-with-death-in-battle-with-boko-haram

1 Like

Re: Buratai Recounts Close Shave With Death In Battle With Boko Haram by fabuloz1(m): 1:02pm On Apr 08, 2017
You never see anything yet grin
Re: Buratai Recounts Close Shave With Death In Battle With Boko Haram by SalamRushdie: 1:05pm On Apr 08, 2017
This is the same man that said Borno roads are safe to use now uet his armed to the teeth motocade was attacked to the point he almost thought of withdrawing
Re: Buratai Recounts Close Shave With Death In Battle With Boko Haram by Afriifa(m): 1:07pm On Apr 08, 2017
Am I the only one that doesn't like this Thief?

1 Like

Re: Buratai Recounts Close Shave With Death In Battle With Boko Haram by Nobody: 1:26pm On Apr 08, 2017
SalamRushdie:
This is the same man that said Borno roads are safe to use now uet his armed to the teeth motocade was attacked to the point he almost thought of withdrawing
attacked happened few days after the COAS was signed in.
Today NE is safer than what it was during 2015

1 Like

Re: Buratai Recounts Close Shave With Death In Battle With Boko Haram by GMbuharii: 1:28pm On Apr 08, 2017
If Buratai had died Click "LIKE" if you would have said GOOD RIDDANCE TO BAD RUBBISH.

click "SHARE" if you would have said R.I.P
Re: Buratai Recounts Close Shave With Death In Battle With Boko Haram by Adminisher: 1:28pm On Apr 08, 2017
Afriifa:
Am I the only one that doesn't like this Thief?

The man is hard, tough , no nonsense..yes you might not like him
Re: Buratai Recounts Close Shave With Death In Battle With Boko Haram by Afriifa(m): 1:32pm On Apr 08, 2017
Adminisher:

The man is hard, tough , no nonsense..yes you might not like him
you forgot the fact that he is also a thief

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Kidnappers Have The Commissioner OF Water Resources Of Cross-river / Spencer And Ayo Fayose Today Easter Monday / Reps Discover $81.2bn Crude Oil Proceeds Fraud In NNPC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.