Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,587 members, 7,820,116 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:01 AM

A Close Shave With Death: An Account Of Prince Segun Akanni Ex Cos To Aare Gani - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Close Shave With Death: An Account Of Prince Segun Akanni Ex Cos To Aare Gani (443 Views)

SAG: We'll Stage Protest In Umuahia If Ikpeazu Recalls Ex-cos / Burial Photos Of ABBA Kyari Former COS To President Buhari / Abba Kyari: Atiku Is Cameroonian In 'Flesh & Blood'. COS To Election Tribunal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Close Shave With Death: An Account Of Prince Segun Akanni Ex Cos To Aare Gani by ApplesBiteMag: 2:26am On Jun 23, 2020
He once walked through the valley of the shadow of death but came out unscathed. Prince Segun Akanni ex- Personal Assistant and later Chief of Staff to Aare Gani Adams, who is the National Coordinator of Oodua Peoples Congress, (OPC) and now the 15th Aare Ona Kakanfo of Yoruba land, says he has everything to be grateful to His creator.
In December 2018, he was ‘sacked’ by his former boss Aare Adams, on allegation of ‘dining with his boss’ enemy (Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu)’. Six months later, precisely June 5, 2019, Akanni was attacked in Gbagada, Lagos by a mob whom he suspected were sent by his former boss to eliminate him. Adams has since denied the allegation and has even gone further to institute a legal battle with his erstwhile godson.

It’s exactly a year when Akanni escaped from his attackers, albeit by hair’s breath. To celebrate the first anniversary of the horrid experience, Akanni, The Publisher of The Drum Online Media who has since relocated to Canada to join his family for fear of being attacked again, maintains that his former boss orchestrated the attack and he is still after his life.

In this interview, Akanni who claims he has put 21 years of his lifetime in OPC and 17 as Adams’ Man Friday, bears it all. It is simply as explosive as irresistible!

Excerpts:

How did you feel exactly a year after that attempted assassination?

Sincerely, I don’t know how to thank God for sparing my life over series of attacks against me, most especially that of June 5, 2019, which I will describe as a ‘miraculous escape’. I return all the glory and honor to Almighty God because I would have been dead but for his grace. Every June 5 will forever remain a memorable day in my life. A lot have gone through a similar incident.

You were in Nigeria when this happened. Did you ever see it coming?

Before the attack of June 5, my house in Magboro, Ogun State had been attacked and ransacked twice. I reported the incidents at Ibafo Police Station. The records are still there till tomorrow but the police couldn’t do anything. The good thing was that neither me, nor any of my brothers were at home on the two occasions.

When those two attempts failed, I started contacting some monarchs and personalities who are close to my former boss Aare Gani Adams to talk to him because I knew where the attacks were coming from. I did not get any feedback from them, so I resorted to hiding here and there.

Did you have a premonition?

Of course!

A month before the attack, I got a tip off that Aare Gani Adams was accusing some OPC (Oodua Peoples Congress, a Yoruba socio-cultural organisation which Adams remains a National Coordinator till date) members of allowing me to walk freely, that if it was when OPC was still OPC, Segun Akanni would have been a dead man. I never believed such statement could come from someone I diligently served wholeheartedly for almost 17 years as well as followed blindly for about 22 years with all my life being put at risk.

I called a prominent royal father and told him of the statements he (Aare Adams) uttered. He promised to reach out to him which I believed he did. In the evening of that day, I was attacked in Gbagada, immediately called the same royal father and narrated everything to him, he was speechless. The only comments he made was: “Ahhhhhh, Segun!!! You said there was a plan to attack, now I believe you. Where are you now?” I told him I was still hiding somewhere before going to the hospital....

Continue Reading on:

https://applesbite.com/a-close-shave-with-death-an-account-of-prince-segun-akanni-ex-cos-to-aare-gani-adams/

Re: A Close Shave With Death: An Account Of Prince Segun Akanni Ex Cos To Aare Gani by MetaPhysical: 3:45am On Jun 23, 2020
You cannot be in OPC 21yrs and not have several assassination attempts, either from rivals, from Army or from police. So what is one attempt out of many? No noise abeg!

1 Like

Re: A Close Shave With Death: An Account Of Prince Segun Akanni Ex Cos To Aare Gani by JOHNSONSOLAFUNMI(m): 3:50am On Jun 23, 2020
MetaPhysical:
You cannot be in OPC 21yrs and not have several assassination attempts, either from rivals, from Army or from police. So what is one attempt out of many? No noise abeg!

1) You haven’t been attacked before

2) He said this because the attack comes from someone he served for 17 years diligently

shocked

1 Like

Re: A Close Shave With Death: An Account Of Prince Segun Akanni Ex Cos To Aare Gani by MetaPhysical: 3:58am On Jun 23, 2020
JOHNSONSOLAFUNMI:

1) You haven’t been attacked before

2) He said this because the attack comes from someone he served for 17 years diligently

shocked

Why is it many people are not able to see the obvious like the way it is visible to me?

Why do you think this guy came out to promote himself the underdog?

Gani is a villain! Now we must acquire a hero.

.... grin

1 Like

Re: A Close Shave With Death: An Account Of Prince Segun Akanni Ex Cos To Aare Gani by JOHNSONSOLAFUNMI(m): 4:11am On Jun 23, 2020
MetaPhysical:

Why is it many people are not able to see the obvious like the way it is visible to me?

Why do you think this guy came out to promote himself the underdog?

Gani is a villain! Now we must acquire a hero.

.... grin

No, I don’t think Gani have been beneficial to yoruba course... we see how kanu drags this government, exposing their lies, deceit and corruption, some years ago, when nigerians think he was lying, what has Gani been doing, I’m not campaigning for anyone, I’m just a realist and by the way, is it morally right to attack someone that served you for years?

1 Like

Re: A Close Shave With Death: An Account Of Prince Segun Akanni Ex Cos To Aare Gani by MetaPhysical: 12:32pm On Jun 23, 2020
JOHNSONSOLAFUNMI:

No, I don’t think Gani have been beneficial to yoruba course... we see how kanu drags this government, exposing their lies, deceit and corruption, some years ago, when nigerians think he was lying, what has Gani been doing, I’m not campaigning for anyone, I’m just a realist and by the way, is it morally right to attack someone that served you for years?

Yeah, In Biafra you like to drag government. We do not do that in Yorubaland. We focus on our progress. Gani has focused on Yoruba progress a long time.

1 Like

Re: A Close Shave With Death: An Account Of Prince Segun Akanni Ex Cos To Aare Gani by JOHNSONSOLAFUNMI(m): 4:24pm On Jun 23, 2020
MetaPhysical:

Yeah, In Biafra you like to drag government. We do not do that in Yorubaland. We focus on our progress. Gani has focused on Yoruba progress a long time.

Please shut up, not everyone that go against your opinion is an ipob member or from the East

Omo yoruba ponbele nimi

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Run From Nigerian Pastors Proverbs 13 (34) / Alleged Fraud: Court Adjourns Trial Of APC Guber Candidate, Ize Iyamu, Others / Aisha Buhari’s Invisible Hand Behind The Exposure Of Magu’s Corrupt Activities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.