Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,293 members, 7,811,879 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:59 PM

Where Is God's House? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Is God's House? (8013 Views)

History Has Shown Us That Whoever Sets God’s House On Fire Ends Up Losing – Imam / God's House Of Mercy Ministry- Mrs George Empowers Widows In Eket. / God's House Of Mercy Ministry- Mrs George Empowers Widows In Eket. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Is God's House? by Captain001(m): 8:35am On Apr 09, 2017
I can see people reeling out "your body", an excuse they use to avoid attending church. Of course your body is the temple of God, but God's house is a place set apart where God's people converge to worship God in fellowship. Hebrews 10:25
Re: Where Is God's House? by olamilekside2: 8:41am On Apr 09, 2017
God house is His house.
Re: Where Is God's House? by selfmadeboss: 9:00am On Apr 09, 2017
You all little misinformed piece of shitts.
Where are you proofs. Take pics and let me see
Re: Where Is God's House? by gotnel: 9:02am On Apr 09, 2017
God is in you and me! God is the alpha and omega! The beginning and the end! The Almighty is in you. How you understand your self is what matter in how God manifest in you.
Churches are place of fellowships and congregation of Gods
The house of God is you and me

1 Like

Re: Where Is God's House? by mike85060: 9:16am On Apr 09, 2017
kilometer 10 lagos ibadan express way that is where Gurumaharajji is living.
Re: Where Is God's House? by orisa37: 9:38am On Apr 09, 2017
God lives Everywhere in your Heart, in your Body, at Aso Villa and in Heaven. He stays alone in His GODSPHERE.
Re: Where Is God's House? by firstking01(m): 9:40am On Apr 09, 2017
jaymejate:
I will start firstly by defining a house. According to the dictionary "a house is a structure built to serve as an abode"
Now, what is God's house? From the above definition, we can say that God's house is an abode of God or where God lives.

Where is the House located?
Many people have misconception about the house of God. They turn a building into the house of God. They say God lives in the house and he cannot go anywhere. Some people has gone far by making some rules in the so called house of God. Some of these rules are;
Do not wear sandal to enter
A specific cloth assigned to wear before entering and so much more.

But is that building really a house of God? If not then where is it?

2 Samuel 7 from verse 1... You'll see that David, relaxed in his house, noticed that the ark of God is placed in the temple, then he decided to build a house for it.
Verse 4-5 "But that same night the LORD said to Nathan, "Go and tell my servant David, 'This is what the LORD has declared: Are you the one to build a house for me to live in?"
7 "Yet no matter where I have gone with the Israelites, I have never once complained to Israel's tribal leaders, the shepherds of my people Israel. I have never asked them, "Why haven't you built me a beautiful cedar house?"'
God told Nathan to tell David that he has not requested him to build a house, he doesn't need one. But rather he told him that he God will be the one to build for David

God doesn't care about the beauty of the place you worship that you called the house of God, he doesn't care about the size. That's not what make God dwell there. Infact doesn't dwell there, because you can't limit him to a building.

In Matthew 18:20 God says "For where two or three gather together as my followers, I am there among them."
God is making us to understand here that, it doesn't matter the place you gather in his name that he is not there.
Many people will say he said that because he is everywhere. He is truly everywhere but not actively everywhere. What I'm ssying is that if he is actively everywhere, then even a non believer should just pray anywhere and an obvious miracle should happen.

Matthew 16:18 "Now I say to you that you are Peter (which means 'rock'), and upon this rock I will build my church, and all the powers of hell will not conquer it."

Why is God building on Peter and not just anywhere else, Or why is it not Peter building for God?
1 cor 16:19 "Don't you realize that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who lives in you and was given to you by God? You do not belong to yourself,"

Many people think going to church alone will solve their problems, they obviously don't know why the problems are coming

Haggai 1:4 ""Why are you living in luxurious houses while my house lies in ruins? This is what the LORD of Heaven's Armies says: Look at what's happening to you! You have planted much but harvest little. You eat but are not satisfied. You drink but are still thirsty. You put on clothes but cannot keep warm. Your wages disappear as though you were putting them in pockets filled with holes! This is what the LORD of Heaven's Armies says: Consider your ways"

Consider your ways, put the house of God which is your heart in order, make God to dwell your heart.

Simply you're God's temple, anywhere you go, you carry God. If you you carry God, and you gather even under a tree to pray, God will manifest surely. The reason why God is everywhere is because his temples are everywhere. The house of God is you!

Happy Sunday.

Lalasticlala, OAM4J, Mynd44
Y'all like making a mountain out of a mould hill....simple question like this conotes simple answer, you spent your time to type all these dude??....God dwells in any place you make it habitual for Him...He is omni presence...He is everywhere....tho i gat your points just to save people like the atheists and agnostics.
Re: Where Is God's House? by seguno2: 10:05am On Apr 09, 2017
martineverest:
Yeah..... But he dwell in holy environment

Can someone be in a place and not dwell there?
Re: Where Is God's House? by seguno2: 10:09am On Apr 09, 2017
Captain001:
I can see people reeling out "your body", an excuse they use to avoid attending church. Of course your body is the temple of God, but God's house is a place set apart where God's people converge to worship God in fellowship. Hebrews 10:25

Have we not converged on this thread and nairaland platform in fellowship?
Does that mean nairaland is a house of God?
Re: Where Is God's House? by Man2utd(m): 10:23am On Apr 09, 2017
I personally think that your service to God has to do with how you treat your fellow human being, that is why the western world are where they are today. Genuine love for your fellow human will make the world a better place and it will also tell if God residents in you.
Re: Where Is God's House? by Ferdinardltd: 11:34am On Apr 09, 2017
Betslip won see below

Re: Where Is God's House? by Captain001(m): 12:15pm On Apr 09, 2017
seguno2:

Have we not converged on this thread and nairaland platform in fellowship?
Does that mean nairaland is a house of God?

Do we seek advice here on best phones to buy and other things? Is Nairaland a phone shop?
Re: Where Is God's House? by seguno2: 2:55pm On Apr 09, 2017
Captain001:
Do we seek advice here on best phones to buy and other things? Is Nairaland a phone shop?

Thanks for letting me know that the buildings called house of God are simply shops for selling and buying.
Could it be hope for a better future WITHOUT working and without THINKING?
Many thanks for the free education and eye-opening revelation.
Re: Where Is God's House? by K1famous: 6:31pm On Apr 09, 2017
this is so interesting.....but my observation is that if church building were not the house of God, then how come does jesus christ said in the book of mattew 'that thou has turned my father house to a place of buying and selling'? How ever i still believe our heart is temple of God and will should guide it jealously.
Re: Where Is God's House? by tete7000(m): 7:21pm On Apr 09, 2017
Yes, we are temple of God but it is equally proper to have a place wholly dedicated to serving God. Jesus pursued people out of temple telling them not to turn his father's house into a den of robbers. If we just want to gather anywhere then brothel and club house can be appropriate to be turned to house of worship which I disagree with. God is not one random person. He his holy and anywhere we gather to worship him must be clean and holy. There must be a conscious effort to have a dedicated place of worship. Even disciples after resurrection we are told gathered at Solomon Portico to worship. They chose a place, consecrated it to God and worshipped there.
Re: Where Is God's House? by Daboomb: 8:30pm On Apr 09, 2017
momentum85:
Jesus died, resurrected and sits on the right hand of God. This means God has an abode. Infact I'm confused.

Dont be confused, there is no need to........... only if you will stop thinking of God as a "physical human Form".

God is a Spirit. When Jesus ascended to 'heaven', he did so, not with his physical body (remember that one was buried in the ground) but with a spiritual being.

So, when a "spirit" sits on the right side of a "spirit"....... does that infer any indication that they have now turned to "physical bodies" that needs a physical house?

Everything about GOD..... is in a SPIRIT FORM.
Even where he sits will be a "spiritual sit".

Just see God as a "Spirit Form" and all your doubts will disappear.
Re: Where Is God's House? by Daboomb: 8:39pm On Apr 09, 2017
K1famous:
this is so interesting.....but my observation is that if church building were not the house of God, then how come does jesus christ said in the book of mattew 'that thou has turned my father house to a place of buying and selling'? How ever i still believe our heart is temple of God and will should guide it jealously.

Dont forget, that the Bible commands us to gather THREE TIMES to celebrate God and the coming of Christ.

We need to (and that is the only possibility) gather "SOMEWHERE".

So, "figuratively speaking", ANYWHERE we gather to WORSHIP god (where two or three are gathered), the spirit of God comes there.

Now, compare that to "our heart" as the Temple of God.

Do you notice the difference?

If you did not, here is the difference:
One is a PERMANENT "house" of God (our hearts/ clean body)
The other is a "visitation house" where the spirit of God comes-in TEMPORARILY (during the gathering of worship), and then departs thereafter so, it cannot be called the house of God.

Where you "VISIT" is not your House but where you live PERMANENTLY, is your house.
Church is where God visits..... our hearts is his house where he lives permanently

I hope this clears your doubts?
Re: Where Is God's House? by Captain001(m): 8:16am On Apr 10, 2017
seguno2:

Thanks for letting me know that the buildings called house of God are simply shops for selling and buying.
Could it be hope for a better future WITHOUT working and without THINKING?
Many thanks for the free education and eye-opening revelation.

Is that how you understood my statement? You smart ooh! You don try
Re: Where Is God's House? by onyechi2004: 8:31am On Jun 15, 2017

(1) (2) (Reply)

Foot Fetish Pope Kisses Muslim Girl's ... (Photo + Video!) / Am I Allowed To Fast When On My Period As A Christian / God Speaks Through His Spirit (tell Yours)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.