Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,263 members, 7,811,734 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:18 PM

How To Unlock God's Call On Your Life - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Unlock God's Call On Your Life (14354 Views)

How A Year Five U.I. Medical Student Abandoned Studies To Yield To God’s Call / Did God Call Me Or I Was Used As A Vessel? / If We Are Holy, Why Does God Call Us To Be Holy? - Paul Ellis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Unlock God's Call On Your Life by neduboy17: 10:07am On Apr 09, 2017
God has an undeniable calling on your life.

That is true on the days when you feel like your life has deep significance and is counting for eternity, and it is equally true on the days when you feel like you never accomplish anything more significant than tackling a pile of dirty laundry.

Paul says in Ephesians 4:1: “As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received.” The calling he speaks of was not exclusive to the church at Ephesus – you and I are included that “you”. You HAVE received a calling – strong and sure – from the Lord!

A calling from God does not necessarily mean you will become a full-time minister or be sent to Africa to do missions work.

A calling from God DOES mean that the sum total of who you are – your past, present, and even your future, your experiences, your failures, your pain, your hopes and dreams – has vast value in His Kingdom. Nothing is wasted.

A calling from God also means that He has lovingly crafted plans specifically for you to accomplish great things in His kingdom, and to fully embrace your life and daily live for His glory. Right now, no matter what your circumstances might say to the contrary.
HOW CAN WE UNLOCK THAT CALL?

Paul’s answer may surprise you like it did me! He doesn’t send us to a seminar, or ask us to make a list of all our top qualities that we can offer to God. Instead, Paul urges us to unlock the call by living in a manner that is worthy of it:

1. To live UP to our potential in Christ we must first lay DOWN our rights – “Be completely humble and gentle…(Eph 4:2)”

2. Walk out life with those around us in love and patience – “Be patient, bearing with one another in love (Eph 4:2)”

3. Be peacemakers and highly value unity in the Body of Christ – “Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace.” (Eph. 4:3)

The key to unlocking God’s calling on our lives is to turn from our pride and selfishness and turn to the humble, patient, Servant King, and thus become like Him.

He also unlocked God’s call on His life by laying down His rights, walking out life with those around Him in love and patience, and valuing unity among God’s people. In that place of submission, and only in that place, we are living lives worthy of our calling.
n that place of humility and valuing others above ourselves, we are positioned for God to use us and expand the calling. And then look out – there’s not telling what God has in store! Whatever it is, it will be specifically tailored to your incredible uniqueness, and lovingly crafted with your gifts and talents in mind. In short, it will be something only God can accomplish. Will you join me?

“Father, I pray today that by your grace you would lead each one of us into the fullness of your call on our lives. Help us to walk away from our pride and selfishness, and to embrace humility, patience, loving kindness, and peace. Cause us to live lives worthy of your calling, and may your specific call on each our of lives be completely, beautifully, and joyfully fulfilled. For Your glory, amen.”

With faith, hope, and love.

Source : http://www.changeasoul.org/index.php?topic=319.msg963;topicseen#msg963

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How To Unlock God's Call On Your Life by Nobody: 10:57am On Apr 09, 2017
Nice piece.
Thanks for this

1 Like

Re: How To Unlock God's Call On Your Life by jjwaterfalls(f): 11:14am On Apr 09, 2017
Thanks
Re: How To Unlock God's Call On Your Life by yeyeboi(m): 11:14am On Apr 09, 2017
Thank so much for this , i wonder why some people will still come out and say there is no GOD.

I just pray GOD show y'all Marcy cry angry

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Unlock God's Call On Your Life by GreatMahmud: 11:14am On Apr 09, 2017
Thank you..Its interesting.
Re: How To Unlock God's Call On Your Life by Celestyn8213: 11:15am On Apr 09, 2017
God works in mysterious ways
Re: How To Unlock God's Call On Your Life by Tonymegabush1(m): 11:15am On Apr 09, 2017
Nice 1 op and Hapi Sunday all........
Re: How To Unlock God's Call On Your Life by FTBOY: 11:16am On Apr 09, 2017
we need to start swearing an oath too before we're given access to participate in a Christian thread.
Re: How To Unlock God's Call On Your Life by merson20me(m): 11:16am On Apr 09, 2017
I concur
Re: How To Unlock God's Call On Your Life by yeyeboi(m): 11:17am On Apr 09, 2017
FTBOY:
we need to start swearing an oath too before we're allowed to chat in a Christian thread.

I agree with u

1 Like

Re: How To Unlock God's Call On Your Life by brostheo(m): 11:17am On Apr 09, 2017
Call kor SMS nii.

Which network provider is your god using

Since god don get mobile number now, the dude go surely get bank account, make he wire money come abeg.Boys broke this way
Re: How To Unlock God's Call On Your Life by yeyeboi(m): 11:18am On Apr 09, 2017
brostheo:
Call kor SMS nii.

Which network provider is your god using?

Continue asking
Re: How To Unlock God's Call On Your Life by softboiy: 11:18am On Apr 09, 2017
bring your bitcoin 370/$
Re: How To Unlock God's Call On Your Life by yeyeboi(m): 11:18am On Apr 09, 2017
Ok
Re: How To Unlock God's Call On Your Life by brostheo(m): 11:19am On Apr 09, 2017
yeyeboi:

Continue asking
I call your name? Aproko
Re: How To Unlock God's Call On Your Life by 12345baba(m): 11:19am On Apr 09, 2017
So if I do these things I go find out wetin God send me come do for earth? I go try am
Re: How To Unlock God's Call On Your Life by IBreakRules: 11:20am On Apr 09, 2017
To whom it may concern... I can't upload pictures on NL. Please help!!!
Re: How To Unlock God's Call On Your Life by yeyeboi(m): 11:23am On Apr 09, 2017
brostheo:
I call your name? Aproko

You need enlightenment
Re: How To Unlock God's Call On Your Life by brostheo(m): 11:24am On Apr 09, 2017
yeyeboi:

You need enlightenment
kk
Re: How To Unlock God's Call On Your Life by walls01: 11:36am On Apr 09, 2017
next time anyone says there is no God, don't try to explain cause they will just ask you more silly questions and mock you.

they condemned and ask question they don't even have answer to. you can expose there foolishness by asking them in the beginning what happened? and sit back and watch how foolish they will respond some will just disappear totally.

remember the fool had said in his heart there is no God, you can only expose the foolishness by letting him tell us what happened in the beginning

2 Likes

Re: How To Unlock God's Call On Your Life by sacramento1212: 11:42am On Apr 09, 2017
sassiemyk:
This video right here is why many Men beat there wives...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuaUXBHvvDk Women Get Wahala Shaa.

cheesy cheesy grin grin
Re: How To Unlock God's Call On Your Life by Diplomaticbeing(m): 11:49am On Apr 09, 2017
Try out self-realization, and emancipations from; mental slavery, immortality, parochialness, conceit and poverty automatically you'll witness God in you, for you and with you - unlocking of God's call.
Re: How To Unlock God's Call On Your Life by Bandeco(m): 12:10pm On Apr 09, 2017
yeyeboi:
Thank so much for this , i wonder why some people will still come out and say there is no GOD.

I just pray GOD show y'all Marcy cry angry
Because your god is yet to be proven that he/she /it exist. The evidence for your god is zero.

Care to provide evidence?
Re: How To Unlock God's Call On Your Life by Bandeco(m): 12:16pm On Apr 09, 2017
walls01:
next time anyone says there is no God, don't try to explain cause they will just ask you more silly questions and mock you.

they condemned and ask question they don't even have answer to. you can expose there foolishness by asking them in the beginning what happened? and sit back and watch how foolish they will respond some will just disappear totally.

remember the fool had said in his heart there is no God, you can only expose the foolishness by letting him tell us what happened in the beginning
The fool said in his "heart".. Lol

This shows the ignorance of the primitive desert dwellers that wrote the bible. They thought the heart is the center of cognition. It's just a bloody pump.

No wonder they primitive ignorant people that conjure up the bible never knew there is an organ encased in the skull - the human brain - arguably the most sophisticated thing in the universe. Nowhere in the bible the human brain was mentioned.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Unlock God's Call On Your Life by paskyboy: 12:20pm On Apr 09, 2017
Bless You Bro
Re: How To Unlock God's Call On Your Life by walls01: 1:11pm On Apr 09, 2017
Bandeco:

This shows the ignorance of the primitive desert dwellers that wrote the bible. They thought the heart is the center of cognition. It's just a bloody pump.

No wonder they primitive ignorant people that conjure up the bible never knew there is an organ encased in the skull - the human brain - arguably the most sophisticated thing in the universe. Nowhere in the bible the human brain was mentioned.

this even show how ignorant you are. the heart in the Bible means mind, where the thoughts of man originate

you the modern man that is wise and knows about the brain" tell us what happened in the beginning
Re: How To Unlock God's Call On Your Life by walls01: 1:23pm On Apr 09, 2017
Bandeco:

this shows the extent of your comprehension. the heart in the Bible means mind, it was translated to mean heart.
you still avoided my argument. you the modern man that knows about the brain tell us what happened in the beginning
Re: How To Unlock God's Call On Your Life by Stanbeto: 1:36pm On Apr 09, 2017
Good article
Re: How To Unlock God's Call On Your Life by walls01: 2:08pm On Apr 09, 2017
Bandeco:

Because your god is yet to be proven that he/she /it exist. The evidence for your god is zero.

Care to provide evidence?

it is better like this cause you seems wiser than us, prove that God doesn't exit. provide evidence
Re: How To Unlock God's Call On Your Life by sshalom(m): 2:10pm On Apr 09, 2017
Edifying piece from OP. May GOD empower you to write more and grant you access to favour in Jesus Might Name.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why We Should Not Mourn The Death Of Myles Munroe / Pastor Kumuyi's Emancipation Crusade In Abuja, 30th October / Six Acts You Must Be Exhibiting As A Christian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.