Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,362 members, 7,812,027 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:38 AM

How A Year Five U.I. Medical Student Abandoned Studies To Yield To God’s Call - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How A Year Five U.I. Medical Student Abandoned Studies To Yield To God’s Call (1578 Views)

Holy Spirit Quicken Us To Yield To The Lordship Of Jesus Christ Crucified Today / How Prophet Daniel Abodunrin Was Killed By Lions At U.I. Zoo In 1991 In Ibadan / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome To Give $100m To God (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How A Year Five U.I. Medical Student Abandoned Studies To Yield To God’s Call by JohnSelah(m): 12:25am On Jul 16, 2020
One of the most intriguing story told of recent, is that of Solomon Akomolede, a former U.I medical student who revealed how he abandoned his studies to pursue his calling.

Solomon Akomolede was a top medical student, and one of the best in his department, but he left his studies for a closer walk with God.

Akomolede said he became born again when he was in primary 2, through his class teacher, and that his supernatural experiences had started at the young age.

“I experienced a complete change. I experienced inner peace and I began to have consciousness of God’s presence. “I also began to know things supernaturally.”

“It was after I got saved that I discovered that I had the gift of prophecy. So being young did not make any difference in my salvation experience,” he said.

Akomolede, in the interview said he had good grades in his secondary school exams, and was performing excellently in his studies, with a first class grade but had to abandon all.

He revealed how his decision was fueled by the death of his father in his second year, the incident which he regretted could have been stopped if he “knew God more.”

Read more: https://selahgisthub.com/2020/07/15/how-a-year-five-u-i-medical-student-abandoned-studies-to-yield-to-gods-call/

Re: How A Year Five U.I. Medical Student Abandoned Studies To Yield To God’s Call by Image123(m): 12:34am On Jul 16, 2020
What is this? Did God make Moses, Daniel, Luke, Paul and co drop outs to use them. Kumuyi, Adeboye were called too but they did not have to drop out. Anyway as the write up said, it was the father's death not God that stopped the schooling.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How A Year Five U.I. Medical Student Abandoned Studies To Yield To God’s Call by Kobojunkie: 12:39am On Jul 16, 2020
Image123:
What is this? Did God make Moses, Daniel, Luke, Paul and co drop outs to use them. Kumuyi, Are boys were called too but they did not have to drop out. Anyway as the write up said, it was the father's death not God that stopped the schooling.

When Jesus Christ called His disciples, they essentially had to "drop out" of their lives to go with Him.
Paul "dropped out" as well from his chosen career path in order to go where Jesus Christ wanted Him to go as well.
That is not to say that all people who "drop out" of their chosen paths in life do so for the glory of Jesus Christ, but that pattern is a known one and used by almost every preacher of God in some way to justify their "walk". undecided

3 Likes

Re: How A Year Five U.I. Medical Student Abandoned Studies To Yield To God’s Call by Kobojunkie: 12:40am On Jul 16, 2020
JohnSelah, is the man in your write-up willing to field questions from people who are curious about his choice? Or is he unknown to you?
Re: How A Year Five U.I. Medical Student Abandoned Studies To Yield To God’s Call by Image123(m): 1:02am On Jul 16, 2020
Kobojunkie:

When Jesus Christ called His disciples, they essentially had to "drop out" of their lives to go with Him.
Paul "dropped out" as well from his chosen career path in order to go where Jesus Christ wanted Him to go as well.
That is not to say that all people who "drop out" of their chosen paths in life do so for the glory of Jesus Christ, but that pattern is a known one and used by almost every preacher of God in some way to justify their "walk". undecided

Dropping a career in quote is not the same as stopping school. A five year medical student is half baked. He knows nothing, has no skill in life,cannot make one naira on his own. This is not the same as established family men who had trainings that became useful for God's purpose. Moses, Daniel, Paul, Matthew were that useful because they were trained. Same goes for the likes of Adeboye, Kumuyi and the preachers you speak of.

1 Like

Re: How A Year Five U.I. Medical Student Abandoned Studies To Yield To God’s Call by Kobojunkie: 1:12am On Jul 16, 2020
Image123:
Dropping a career in quote is not the same as stopping school. A five year medical student is half baked. He knows nothing, has no skill in life,cannot make one naira on his own. This is not the same as established family men who had trainings that became useful for God's purpose. Moses, Daniel, Paul, Matthew were that useful because they were trained. Same goes for the likes of Adeboye, Kumuyi and the preachers you speak of.
But he was called by God and from what we know, God will give him the skills he needs for the Job he wants him for. undecided
Where is the faith in suggesting the boy first get a degree in his pocket in case God fails him? undecided
Re: How A Year Five U.I. Medical Student Abandoned Studies To Yield To God’s Call by Image123(m): 2:13am On Jul 16, 2020
Kobojunkie:
But he was called by God and from what we know, God will give him the skills he needs for the Job he wants him for. undecided
Where is the faith in suggesting the boy first get a degree in his pocket in case God fails him? undecided

Faith without works is dead. Like i have shown, the persons God really used were people discipline and intelligent enough to finish. God is not inconsistent. He calls achievers, not drop outs. It's more consistent to believe that God called him as a doctor medical than the one he is saying.
God is not failing him, he's already failing himself, his dead father, his family and God. There's nothing important he is doing now that he cannot do better as a qualified doctor.

5 Likes

Re: How A Year Five U.I. Medical Student Abandoned Studies To Yield To God’s Call by Kobojunkie: 3:11am On Jul 16, 2020
Image123:
Faith without works is dead. Like i have shown, the persons God really used were people discipline and intelligent enough to finish. God is not inconsistent. He calls achievers, not drop outs. It's more consistent to believe that God called him as a doctor medical than the one he is saying.
His work is what you are here complaining about. The man decided to put work into his faith by dropping out to heed the call. undecided
God calls achievers? I think you have the wrong God? What was Moses' achievement when God called him? Name the achievements of people like David, Jeremiah, Jonah, John, Andrew, Peter, James, Philip when God called them?
Image123:
God is not failing him, he's already failing himself, his dead father, his family and God. There's nothing important he is doing now that he cannot do better as a qualified doctor.
When God calls a man/woman, God expects that man/woman to abandon everything, including dead father, mother, family, children, etc. for Him. Jesus Christ made it clear that anyone who does not hate father/mother/wife/sister/sons/daughters etc. more than Him is not worthy of Him.
For a rational thinker, what you suggest makes sense, but when dealing with God, while it makes sense to think logically and rationally about Truth, what God commands on the other hand does not always compute... I said more times than not, one shouldn't expect it to compute.

1 Like

Re: How A Year Five U.I. Medical Student Abandoned Studies To Yield To God’s Call by Image123(m): 5:29am On Jul 16, 2020
Kobojunkie:
His work is what you are here complaining about. The man decided to put work into his faith by dropping out to heed the call. undecided
God calls achievers? I think you have the wrong God? What was Moses' achievement when God called him? Name the achievements of people like David, Jeremiah, Jonah, John, Andrew, Peter, James, Philip when God called them?
When God calls a man/woman, God expects that man/woman to abandon everything, including dead father, mother, family, children, etc. for Him. Jesus Christ made it clear that anyone who does not hate father/mother/wife/sister/sons/daughters etc. more than Him is not worthy of Him.
For a rational thinker, what you suggest makes sense, but when dealing with God, while it makes sense to think logically and rationally about Truth, what God commands on the other hand does not always compute... I said more times than not, one shouldn't expect it to compute.

This is my last post to you on this. From my last interaction with you, you proved yourself shameless to a fault so i would waste no further space arguing with you.

Dropping out is giving up, the easy way out. That is not putting work to faith. Like he stated, he dropped out because his father died.
i said "God calls achievers, not drop outs." i mentioned it in the same breath and sentence. It means achievement by carrying out successfully. Not necessarily what you are probably expecting like a genius. Someone that is tested, someone that is busy, someone that is ready. Not an indolent person or someone who is failing.David, Jeremiah, Jonah, John, Andrew, Peter, James, Philip were ready when God called/used them. David had excelled as a shepherd, it is surprising that you list him. Jeremiah was a priest capable of fending for himself, Jonah was a prophet, the disciples were experienced fishermen with jobs and family. None of them were riffraff or nuisance to the society, none of them were dependants. Forsaking all is not the same as giving up. The OP described someone giving up, whose decision was fueled by the death of his father. Let him complete his medical school, then forsake the goodies to follow God IF God wants it so.

2 Likes

Re: How A Year Five U.I. Medical Student Abandoned Studies To Yield To God’s Call by Kobojunkie: 5:50am On Jul 16, 2020
Image123:
This is my last post to you on this. From my last interaction with you, you proved yourself shameless to a fault so i would waste no further space arguing with you.
You like to level accusations without ever presenting proof of said accusations, don't you?
Image123:
Dropping out is giving up, the easy way out. That is not putting work to faith. Like he stated, he dropped out because his father died.
Read the article again....
He revealed how his decision was fueled by the death of his father in his second year, the incident which he regretted could have been stopped if he “knew God more.”
“I got back to school and was told that my dad had died.
“After we buried him I got back to school and I was just wondering and saying to myself that if I had known God more he would not have died.”

“That was how it started. I then went to my friend who was more spiritual to seek his counsel and to also share with him my desire to know God more.
Image123:

i said "God calls achievers, not drop outs." i mentioned it in the same breath and sentence. It means achievement by carrying out successfully. Not necessarily what you are probably expecting like a genius. Someone that is tested, someone that is busy, someone that is ready.
You are still speaking a language that is foreign as far as God and His people are concerned. Majority of the greats had achieved nothing at the time God called 0n them.
Image123:
Not an indolent person or someone who is failing.David, Jeremiah, Jonah, John, Andrew, Peter, James, Philip were ready when God called/used them. David had excelled as a shepherd, it is surprising that you list him.
Did God call David to become a shepherd? undecided
If David had been ready at the time of his call, why didn't he ascend the throne almost as immediately as Saul before him? undecided
Image123:
Jeremiah was a priest capable of fending for himself,
Jeremiah was a child when he was called. undecided
Image123:
Jonah was a prophet
We are not told that Jonah was a prophet at the time of his calling to go preach to Nineveh. undecided
Image123:
the disciples were experienced fishermen with jobs and family.
Yet they all spent about 3 years roaming the lands, spending time away from their careers and families, learning from Jesus Christ. undecided
Image123:
None of them were riffraff or nuisance to the society, none of them were dependants. Forsaking all is not the same as giving up. The OP described someone giving up, whose decision was fueled by the death of his father. Let him complete his medical school, then forsake the goodies to follow God IF God wants it so.
This boy has 5 years of medical school behind his belt yet you claim He is a riffraff? Because God expects all those He calls to have at least a degree to their names before answering His call? undecided

1 Like

Re: How A Year Five U.I. Medical Student Abandoned Studies To Yield To God’s Call by Nobody: 11:14am On Jul 16, 2020
Kobojunkie really made a lot of sense here.I must complimemt him for that unlike the nonsense he do spills out before.
God can call anybody irrespective of qualifications or standard.
Moses was not an eloquent speaker but this did not hinder God from using him.
All Jesus disciples were actually the working class but they abandoned all for Christ.How about David,the unrecognised bush boy but God still chose him to be king.
Luke in the Bible was a doctor but he forsook all to followe Christ.
How about Dr.DK Olukoya of Mountain of fire church who graduated as a certified doctor/scientist,a renown lecturer and hot cake to all laboratories yet God called him to resign and follow him.
Kobojunkie had explained better,so let me stop here.

1 Like

Re: How A Year Five U.I. Medical Student Abandoned Studies To Yield To God’s Call by Nobody: 11:45am On Jul 16, 2020
would it have stopped his calling,i don't understand

1 Like

Re: How A Year Five U.I. Medical Student Abandoned Studies To Yield To God’s Call by delkuf(m): 12:25pm On Jul 16, 2020
Kobojunkie:

You know what from now, I will be telling you when you are not manipulating and when you are manipulating
Re: How A Year Five U.I. Medical Student Abandoned Studies To Yield To God’s Call by delkuf(m): 12:28pm On Jul 16, 2020
PRE4:
Kobojunkie really made a lot of sense here.I must complimemt him for that unlike the nonsense he do spills out before.
God can call anybody irrespective of qualifications or standard.
Moses was not an eloquent speaker but this did not hinder God from using him.
All Jesus disciples were actually the working class but they abandoned all for Christ.How about David,the unrecognised bush boy but God still chose him to be king.
Luke in the Bible was a doctor but he forsook all to followe Christ.
How about Dr.DK Olukoya of Mountain of fire church who graduated as a certified doctor/scientist,a renown lecturer and hot cake to all laboratories yet God called him to resign and follow him.
Kobojunkie had explained better,so let me stop here.
That is what I just told him. It seems today is good for him. not spilling nonsense
Re: How A Year Five U.I. Medical Student Abandoned Studies To Yield To God’s Call by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jul 16, 2020
delkuf:
That is what I just told him. It seems today is good for him. not spilling nonsense
If he continue saying the truth and stop confusing people,then i am his number one fan.

1 Like

Re: How A Year Five U.I. Medical Student Abandoned Studies To Yield To God’s Call by kingxsamz(m): 1:23pm On Jul 16, 2020
Lol, left reality and started chasing imaginary ghosts.
Re: How A Year Five U.I. Medical Student Abandoned Studies To Yield To God’s Call by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jul 16, 2020
kingxsamz:
Really?Thats faith bro.That's how it work.
It might sound stupid but its the best option ever.
Re: How A Year Five U.I. Medical Student Abandoned Studies To Yield To God’s Call by kingxsamz(m): 3:34pm On Jul 16, 2020
PRE4:

Really?Thats faith bro.That's how it work.
It might sound stupid but its the best option ever.

Lol, okay.
Re: How A Year Five U.I. Medical Student Abandoned Studies To Yield To God’s Call by Kobojunkie: 3:41pm On Jul 16, 2020
kingxsamz:
A lot of famous celebrities and big names did something similar...dropped out of school to pursue their dreams.
Re: How A Year Five U.I. Medical Student Abandoned Studies To Yield To God’s Call by sholay2011(m): 3:51pm On Jul 16, 2020
Image123:

i said "God calls achievers, not drop outs." i mentioned it in the same breath and sentence. It means achievement by carrying out successfully. Not necessarily what you are probably expecting like a genius. Someone that is tested, someone that is busy, someone that is ready. Not an indolent person or someone who is failing.David, Jeremiah, Jonah, John, Andrew, Peter, James, Philip were ready when God called/used them. David had excelled as a shepherd, it is surprising that you list him. Jeremiah was a priest capable of fending for himself, Jonah was a prophet, the disciples were experienced fishermen with jobs and family. None of them were riffraff or nuisance to the society, none of them were dependants. Forsaking all is not the same as giving up. The OP described someone giving up, whose decision was fueled by the death of his father. Let him complete his medical school, then forsake the goodies to follow God IF God wants it so.
Well said.

1 Like

Re: How A Year Five U.I. Medical Student Abandoned Studies To Yield To God’s Call by Nephilim: 4:25pm On Jul 16, 2020
He justified those he called and glorified them. From the write up his dad died cos of his decision, but he shouldn't have dropped out though, however his certificate or license might eventually not be useful to him
Re: How A Year Five U.I. Medical Student Abandoned Studies To Yield To God’s Call by kingxsamz(m): 8:44pm On Jul 16, 2020
Kobojunkie:
A lot of famous celebrities and big names did something similar... dropped out of school to pursue their dreams.
yeah, but not imaginary ghosts.
Re: How A Year Five U.I. Medical Student Abandoned Studies To Yield To God’s Call by Kobojunkie: 8:47pm On Jul 16, 2020
kingxsamz:
yeah, but not imaginary ghosts.
Dreams, ghosts... what is the difference ... are they not "imaginary" ideas in the real sense of things?
Re: How A Year Five U.I. Medical Student Abandoned Studies To Yield To God’s Call by kingxsamz(m): 8:48pm On Jul 16, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Dreams, ghosts... what is the difference ... are they not "imaginary" ideas in the real sense of things?

You know what I mean, no need to drag this further.
Re: How A Year Five U.I. Medical Student Abandoned Studies To Yield To God’s Call by Kobojunkie: 8:51pm On Jul 16, 2020
kingxsamz:
You know what I mean, no need to drag this further.
And you also know what I mean.... both walk by faith, a belief in that which is unseen by others...
Re: How A Year Five U.I. Medical Student Abandoned Studies To Yield To God’s Call by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jul 16, 2020
Image123:

God calls achievers, or make achievers of those He calls?
Re: How A Year Five U.I. Medical Student Abandoned Studies To Yield To God’s Call by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jul 16, 2020
Image123:

Someone that is tested, someone that is busy, someone that is ready.
How ready was Gideon when God called him for His use?
Re: How A Year Five U.I. Medical Student Abandoned Studies To Yield To God’s Call by Nephilim: 9:10pm On Jul 16, 2020
HedwigesMaduro:

God calls achievers, or make achievers of those He calls?
by now God should have called Mark Zuckerberg and Bill gate lolz.

When the Bible says that he justified those he calls
Also say's He use the foolish things of the world to confound the wise
Apostle paul says we are fool for christ.

All I can say is God calls those that have genuine love in their heart for Him.
Re: How A Year Five U.I. Medical Student Abandoned Studies To Yield To God’s Call by Martinez39s(m): 10:35pm On Jul 16, 2020
CAPSLOCKED, Sabr1na, LordReed, Hopefullandlord, Hahn, Xmuslim, etc come see how false beliefs can be harmful.
Re: How A Year Five U.I. Medical Student Abandoned Studies To Yield To God’s Call by CAPSLOCKED: 11:20pm On Jul 16, 2020
IMAGINE ALLOWING A PATIENT DIE ON HIS TABLE BECAUSE HE WAS COMMUNICATING WITH GOD AT A TIME HE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE CARRYING OUT AN OPERATION?
HE HAS MADE A WISE CHOICE, MARTINEZ39S. SO MANY IDĮOTS IN APRONS NEED TO FOLLOW THIS GUY OUT OF OUR HOSPITALS.

4 Likes

Re: How A Year Five U.I. Medical Student Abandoned Studies To Yield To God’s Call by LordReed(m): 11:38pm On Jul 16, 2020
Martinez39s:
LordReed, come see how false beliefs can be harmful.

SMH! What a waste.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How A Year Five U.I. Medical Student Abandoned Studies To Yield To God’s Call by Martinez39s(m): 11:42pm On Jul 16, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:
IMAGINE ALLOWING A PATIENT DIE ON HIS TABLE BECAUSE HE WAS COMMUNICATING WITH GOD AT A TIME HE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE CARRYING OUT AN OPERATION?
HE HAS MADE A WISE CHOICE, MARTINÈZ39S. SO MANY IDĮOTS IN APRONS NEED TO FOLLOW THIS GUY OUT OF OUR HOSPITALS.
My problem is if he comes to see the light later in life, many years after dropping out, he might be suicidal or greatly depressed at least.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Terrorism: Why Islamic Terrorists Chant “Allah Akbar” Before Wrecking Havoc / Sex Chapter Is In The Bible / Can Prayer Alone help Naija

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.