Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,041 members, 7,818,086 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:24 AM

The Man Who Committed Suicide At FESTAC Bridge Pictured - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / The Man Who Committed Suicide At FESTAC Bridge Pictured (79120 Views)

Lagos Driver ‘Commits Suicide’ At Mechanic Workshop / Man Sentenced To Death Attempts Suicide At Benin High Court (Photos) / The Mother Of The Medical Doctor Who Committed Suicide Yesterday At The Scene (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Man Who Committed Suicide At FESTAC Bridge Pictured by Nobody: 1:54pm On Apr 09, 2017
Things ain't the same since the demonic nomad unleashed recession/depression on the people!

1 Like

Re: The Man Who Committed Suicide At FESTAC Bridge Pictured by ephi123(f): 1:55pm On Apr 09, 2017
maclatunji:

You are the government.

Truly and indeed we are the government, it's just that we can't fly to London at the drop of a hat for the slightest ailment, neither can we have all our kids schooling in the UK, just to mention a few.

Mschew.
Re: The Man Who Committed Suicide At FESTAC Bridge Pictured by Rilwayne001: 1:56pm On Apr 09, 2017
12inchDickson:
means na lord...

shocked shocked dayummn
Re: The Man Who Committed Suicide At FESTAC Bridge Pictured by Pro2makx(m): 1:57pm On Apr 09, 2017
whoever commits suicide has committed murder.
na free tickets to hell.
no one has the right to take a life he/she never gave.

1 Like

Re: The Man Who Committed Suicide At FESTAC Bridge Pictured by Bollinger(m): 1:58pm On Apr 09, 2017
melodyogonna:
Bros the government is taking advantage of the hardship they brouht the masses into to bribe them for votes, hunger bro, hunger.

I think i have already answered you.

Bollinger:

And it is the government telling you to burn suspects in the streets or taking cash for votes or give and take bribes abi? Read up on the American revolution. You will understand why Nigeria's problem is caused by the masses. During that time, it was the ordinary man on the streets who banded together to force change from Britain. If they had kept on blaming Britain, who was the government at the time for their woes, do you think there would be an America today?
Re: The Man Who Committed Suicide At FESTAC Bridge Pictured by 3rdlegxxx(m): 2:00pm On Apr 09, 2017
Tokziby:
I have said it countless of time... Anybody that commits suicide do not usually have their sense in place. Their sense of reasoning at the time of the act has been Psychologically derailed. And this could be linked to depression which is caused by too much brooding (over-thinking) on an emotional issue, financial, health etc. If they were stopped in the act and got helped, very few times they go back and try it again. Except Psychiatric cases.

Anybody can commit suicide even if u denounce it countless of time... Its a tipping point in life, when ur mind tells u the only way to end the pain is to do something drastic and if u survive it, count yourself lucky. Its like anger that u cant control when someone pushes u pass ur tipping point, ur sense wont return until someone stops u or done the damage.
Everyone one has a trace of madness hidden within then, only anxiety caused by anger, depression, over joyous, lustfulness etc can bring it out.

Thats the very moment Someone tell u, Have u Lost ur Mind?? and u reply "i didnt know what came over me, i just did it"... Truly my friend u just exhibited ur moment of madness...

May God deliver us from any anxiety that will make us do otherwise

The only reasonable post I could relate to, it's obvious most Nigerians just go to Uni and Poly, a lot aren't educated in the least, some1 commits suicide and the most reasonable thing an adult could think of is 'bubu is the reason' 'no one commited suicide duing jonathan's tenure' dude really for 8 years, u really believe no one took their life, like seriously the average Nigerian is so far from Intelligent, suicide happens almost everyday, every where, we just don't talk bout it, we don't record it, most people say it's a curse, others call the persons stupid, call them selfish, no sense of psychology or being open minded enough to understand that everything happens for a reason, they are reasons and factors while a person has been over depressed, probably alone, probably jobless or lost his or her job, family, probably is always being looked down on, probably always having derogatory words used on them, our education system doesn't teach us anything about 'psychology and legal studies' two subjects that would have helped shaped millions of Nigerian minds, instead we have generations of Youths and adult who can never see things outside the box, you think any1 sane would want to take his or her life? No, they must have gone thru so many bad things, gone to a point where it seems no one can help or understand their pain, nothing to look forward to.... RIP Man, saw his tweets and it had 'suicide about to happen' written all over it, we are still not there yet and the government really isn't the reason for all our woes, we are also the government, let's learn to care, listen, understand, create support systems and more, we use to deceive ourselves by believing the saying 'happiest people on earth' pardon my long post...
Re: The Man Who Committed Suicide At FESTAC Bridge Pictured by Istillfuckyou: 2:01pm On Apr 09, 2017
He struggled with friends and still succeeded in jumping into the lagoon? Those friends are useless.
Re: The Man Who Committed Suicide At FESTAC Bridge Pictured by 1miccza: 2:02pm On Apr 09, 2017
Edwin111:
1Miccza, Life is a very difficult journey most especially in recent times, people are passing through unimaginable daily struggles that only those wearing the shoe knows how unbearable it has become. That is why there are shrinks, pastors, leaders, imams, etc to serve as hope, professional therapy and help to those that are finding it very difficult to continue the journey of life, but, in Nigeria, these set of people are the once adding insults to injuries, The depressed person has nowhere to turn to because even the friends and the families won't understand.when he or she cries for help, no one care or wants to understand.That's why we should all be there for each other.

Exactly, that's why we need very strong determination and a resilient will to survive.
Re: The Man Who Committed Suicide At FESTAC Bridge Pictured by Mopricelezz(f): 2:06pm On Apr 09, 2017
This is so hard to believe, he was my neighbour at Whyte House while I was in Unilorin. Suicide is never the way. Bayo may your soul rest in peace.
Re: The Man Who Committed Suicide At FESTAC Bridge Pictured by wyqay: 2:06pm On Apr 09, 2017
SUICIDE IS NEVER THE ANSWER RIP BROTHER
Re: The Man Who Committed Suicide At FESTAC Bridge Pictured by cr7rooney10(m): 2:09pm On Apr 09, 2017
In ijebu voice weri ojo re
Re: The Man Who Committed Suicide At FESTAC Bridge Pictured by Nobody: 2:10pm On Apr 09, 2017
And his friends were right there?
Re: The Man Who Committed Suicide At FESTAC Bridge Pictured by Nobody: 2:11pm On Apr 09, 2017
Lagos that is reputed to be a centre of excellence people are committing suicide upandan.
Re: The Man Who Committed Suicide At FESTAC Bridge Pictured by babadee1(m): 2:12pm On Apr 09, 2017
BABANGBALI:
so you no know sey dat side sweet pass naija.

So why you still dey here na?
Re: The Man Who Committed Suicide At FESTAC Bridge Pictured by ElPhenomenal(m): 2:13pm On Apr 09, 2017
I know this guy, gentle guy
Re: The Man Who Committed Suicide At FESTAC Bridge Pictured by edupedia: 2:14pm On Apr 09, 2017
BABANGBALI:
Buhari no go kill us finish for dis naija

.weh done...keep writing yeye fiction...
Re: The Man Who Committed Suicide At FESTAC Bridge Pictured by jwax: 2:15pm On Apr 09, 2017
happy jumping
Re: The Man Who Committed Suicide At FESTAC Bridge Pictured by BabaCommander: 2:23pm On Apr 09, 2017
mizzytan:
People who commits suicide are selfish. They don't care about their loved ones.
So wrong you are. Some actually do it so as not to be a burden to their loved ones. Not the best thing to do, though.

1 Like

Re: The Man Who Committed Suicide At FESTAC Bridge Pictured by opxy01: 2:24pm On Apr 09, 2017
Dear nairalanders pls, I really need ur help, pls whereever u are all over NIGERIA reading dis my short msg try everything within ur power to get dis msg to one of nigerias top artist DAVIDO #OBO either on instgram, facebook twittter or any other social media dat u knw. my story goes like dis " im a 24 yrs old guy frm osun state, I lost my dad @ a time I ws seekin admissn in uniben. Sinc d loss life has been so terible dat I had to leave my home town osogbo and come to lagos to learn truck drivn (trailer) I've been in lagos snc 2015 bt since den I've got no wrk its wt d grace of God dat I manage to feed sef talkless of buyn clothes. pls I wnt u to save me frm dis eternal poverty I don't wnt to involve myself in internet fraud (yahoo) or any criminal relatd activity. Pls buy me a truck (trailer) cos no company is willn to employ me because of my small nature,I have no one to turn to except GOD and u pls help me achieve my dream of becoming sometn in d future, so dat I can go bk to skull and plan 4 my unborn children #obo pls help me, help ma family, help my unborn children and help my future. Pls who ever sees dis msg should help me pass it across until it gets to @DAVIDO cos I knw he's more dan capable of putn smile upon me and family's faces God bless u as u do dat @iam_davido #morefametourname, I knw am askin for too much, bt I also knw dat u can do it. God bless ur hustle. To those nairalanders that will see dis and insult or abuse me, ure welcome cos I've been tru worse dan dat bt to d few who will help me share it may God bless u and ur generatn pls help a broda in need. I will keep posting dis msg until it get to DAVIDO once again pls hlp an ambitious broda dis is ma twitter handle @opeyemiabayomi8.
Re: The Man Who Committed Suicide At FESTAC Bridge Pictured by BabaCommander: 2:30pm On Apr 09, 2017
opxy01:
Dear nairalanders pls, I really need ur help, pls whereever u are all over NIGERIA reading dis my short msg try everything within ur power to get dis msg to one of nigerias top artist DAVIDO #OBO either on instgram, facebook twittter or any other social media dat u knw. my story goes like dis " im a 24 yrs old guy frm osun state, I lost my dad @ a time I ws seekin admissn in uniben. Sinc d loss life has been so terible dat I had to leave my home town osogbo and come to lagos to learn truck drivn (trailer) I've been in lagos snc 2015 bt since den I've got no wrk its wt d grace of God dat I manage to feed sef talkless of buyn clothes. pls I wnt u to save me frm dis eternal poverty I don't wnt to involve myself in internet fraud (yahoo) or any criminal relatd activity. Pls buy me a truck (trailer) cos no company is willn to employ me because of my small nature,I have no one to turn to except GOD and u pls help me achieve my dream of becoming sometn in d future, so dat I can go bk to skull and plan 4 my unborn children #obo pls help me, help ma family, help my unborn children and help my future. Pls who ever sees dis msg should help me pass it across until it gets to @DAVIDO cos I knw he's more dan capable of putn smile upon me and family's faces God bless u as u do dat @iam_davido #morefametourname, I knw am askin for too much, bt I also knw dat u can do it. God bless ur hustle. To those nairalanders that will see dis and insult or abuse me, ure welcome cos I've been tru worse dan dat bt to d few who will help me share it may God bless u and ur generatn pls help a broda in need. I will keep posting dis msg until it get to DAVIDO once again pls hlp an ambitious broda dis is ma twitter handle @opeyemiabayomi8.
If you are truly ambitious, you will find a means to succedd than thinking begging can get you any where. There are many other things to do in Lagos than truck driving that will fit into your petite stature..... Begging will only get you fruastrated.
Re: The Man Who Committed Suicide At FESTAC Bridge Pictured by queenblossom(f): 2:32pm On Apr 09, 2017
mizzytan:
People who commits suicide are selfish. They don't care about their loved ones.

That's blc there loved ones never cared about them.
Re: The Man Who Committed Suicide At FESTAC Bridge Pictured by buchilino(m): 2:34pm On Apr 09, 2017
Ijaya123:

When will it get to your turn?
I PRAY U REPEAT.
Re: The Man Who Committed Suicide At FESTAC Bridge Pictured by Tonason: 2:36pm On Apr 09, 2017
May
Re: The Man Who Committed Suicide At FESTAC Bridge Pictured by Tonason: 2:37pm On Apr 09, 2017
Maybe that number called him too. My sympathy for his people.
Re: The Man Who Committed Suicide At FESTAC Bridge Pictured by lexy2014: 2:41pm On Apr 09, 2017
Adadioranma79:
So na Buhari dey send them on suicide missions? Cowards will always look for someone or something to blame for their cowardice. #Shame
N.b if you want to deactivate your account, do it gladly Biko, stop looking for proof wey u no need. author=henrydadon post=55406404]it shall not be well with buhari

if you can show me one youth who committed suicide during Jonathan era ..i will deactivate my account
cases of lagoon suicide(as in this case)is rising and if it were a noble activity, people would have set up shops around d lagoon 2 offer suicide services. it might b generally agreed that those who commit suicide are cowards cos they couldn't face their fears but 2 take one's life is not an easy thing ooh. 4 buhari, its just an unfortunate coincidence that its during his govt we have 2 account 4a phenomenon that was once alien 2 our national life. its now part of d cv of his tenure. our corrupt leaders have always taken pride in d fact that despite d people's suffering, Nigerians still remain d happiest people on earth...sufferers and smilers. 4 whatever reason, whether it b emotional, financial or otherwise, things are gradually changing as d once suffering-proof resilience of Nigerians is giving way just like d levees of new Orleans. people are becoming bold and more daring defying traditional and religious values that once forbade certain forms of behaviour. it has it good and bad sides. only time will tell how people will channel their depression...
Re: The Man Who Committed Suicide At FESTAC Bridge Pictured by opxy01: 2:45pm On Apr 09, 2017
BabaCommander:
If you are truly ambitious, you will find a means to succedd than thinking begging can get you any where. There are many other things to do in Lagos than truck driving that will fit into your petite stature..... Begging will only get you fruastrated.
ure wlcm bro but pple who cares will share and help thanks all d same
Re: The Man Who Committed Suicide At FESTAC Bridge Pictured by onyeali(m): 2:50pm On Apr 09, 2017
I think the Federal Government should set up a committee to investigate the reasons why many Nigerians are committing suicide.
Re: The Man Who Committed Suicide At FESTAC Bridge Pictured by lexy2014: 2:51pm On Apr 09, 2017
ephi123:

Truly and indeed we are the government, it's just that we can't fly to London at the drop of a hat for the slightest ailment, neither can we have all our kids schooling in the UK, just to mention a few.

Mschew.
classic...I love ur response there. how u doing? how's ur weekend?
Re: The Man Who Committed Suicide At FESTAC Bridge Pictured by mira4u: 2:52pm On Apr 09, 2017
Show more love n care to people around us then there will b less suicide stories.
Re: The Man Who Committed Suicide At FESTAC Bridge Pictured by CHARLOE(m): 2:54pm On Apr 09, 2017
Tokziby:
I have said it countless of time... Anybody that commits suicide do not usually have their sense in place. Their sense of reasoning at the time of the act has been Psychologically derailed. And this could be linked to depression which is caused by too much brooding (over-thinking) on an emotional issue, financial, health etc. If they were stopped in the act and got helped, very few times they go back and try it again. Except Psychiatric cases.

Anybody can commit suicide even if u denounce it countless of time... Its a tipping point in life, when ur mind tells u the only way to end the pain is to do something drastic and if u survive it, count yourself lucky. Its like anger that u cant control when someone pushes u pass ur tipping point, ur sense wont return until someone stops u or done the damage.
Everyone one has a trace of madness hidden within then, only anxiety caused by anger, depression, over joyous, lustfulness etc can bring it out.

Thats the very moment Someone tell u, Have u Lost ur Mind?? and u reply "i didnt know what came over me, i just did it"... Truly my friend u just exhibited ur moment of madness...

May God deliver us from any anxiety that will make us do otherwise
You're blessed. U put it so succinctly, so on point! 1000000000 likes

1 Like

Re: The Man Who Committed Suicide At FESTAC Bridge Pictured by victoronyekwelu(m): 2:58pm On Apr 09, 2017
This dude no try oh him for use himself do retual e for help him family now he will make them spend money on burial, six fit space of earth will be gonne nd all the school fees paid all gonna make una tell am make him comeback oh make i carry am go baba place
Re: The Man Who Committed Suicide At FESTAC Bridge Pictured by ephi123(f): 3:00pm On Apr 09, 2017
lexy2014:
classic...I love ur response there. how u doing? how's ur weekend?

Lol. Don't mind him. People will say anything to defend nonsense.
I'm doing great, hope your weekend is going well too.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Two Students Murdered By Fulani Herdsmen Today (graphic Pictures) / Girl Who 'Thanked Guy After Sex' With Her Was Actually Set Up. PICS / Three Die In Aiye, Eiye Cults Clash In Ikorodu, Lagos (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.