Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,756 members, 7,820,624 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:27 PM

Christians, Do Not Despise Your Birthright! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians, Do Not Despise Your Birthright! (277 Views)

Most Christians Do Not Understand What The Word "SOUL" Means??? / Do Not Despise Little Beginnings / Why Unbelievers Know More About Heaven And Earth Than Christians Do. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Christians, Do Not Despise Your Birthright! by BaesDiary: 11:52am On Apr 09, 2017
Many of us despise our birthright profanely on a daily basis without knowing it.

The story in the Holy book goes thus of the sons of Isaac, the twins - Esau and Jacob. The former, being the older and a skilled hunter, and the later naturally the younger and a farmer. Esau comes home from his adventures hungry and desperate for a meal, Jacob takes advantage and trades him a bowl of sumptious porridge for his BIRTHRIGHT.(a)

BIRTHRIGHT:
/'bəːθrʌɪt/
noun
a particular right of possession or privilege a person has from birth, especially as an eldest son.

Esau goes on to loose his spiritual inheritance as a result of his poor bargain in a manner he would least expect, though he still became rich, Esau's name would be forgotten in history to be replaced by that of his younger brother.(b)

HOW DOES IT APPLY TO ME?

Every time we bargain for instant gratification at the expense of commitment, discipline, patience and most importantly faith in and knowledge of God, we despise our heritage, inheritance as children of God. While Gods's grace is sufficient(c) and allows us back to His presence to carry up that BIRTHRIGHT when we repent and show remorse(d), it doesn't take rocket science to realize that its better to value it than to devalue it repeatedly(e).

So before you settle for less than you've been promised by God and take that 5 minute pleasure, or that shortcut, remember that something greater lies ahead!

NO MATTER HOW HUNGRY YOU ARE, NEVER EAT YOUR SEED OR YOU WILL BE IN NEED FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE!

a. Genesis 25:27-34:
27. When the boys grew up, Esau was a skillful hunter, a man of the field, while Jacob was a quiet man, rdwelling in tents.
28.Isaac loved Esau because she ate of his game, but Rebekah loved Jacob.
29. Once when Jacob was cooking stew, Esau came in from the field, and he was exhausted.
30. And Esau said to Jacob, “Let me eat some of that red stew, for I am exhausted!” (Therefore his name was called Edom.5)
31. Jacob said, “Sell me your birthright now.”
32. Esau said, “I am about to die; of what use is a birthright to me?”
33. Jacob said, “Swear to me now.” So he swore to him and tsold his birthright to Jacob.
34. Then Jacob gave Esau bread and lentil stew, and he ate and drank and rose and went his way. Thus Esau despised his birthright.

b. Genesis 27:1-45

c. 2 Corinthians 12:9
And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, kthat the power of Christ may rest upon me.

d. 1 John 1:9, Isaiah 1:18
1 John 1:9. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and rto cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

e. 1 Samuel 22:15, Romans 12:2
Romans 12:2 - Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

This post first appeared on this blog - Bae's Diary!

Source: http://www.baesdiary.com.ng/2017/04/christians-do-not-despise-your.html

(1) (Reply)

Getting Drunk Is A Sin / Live For Eternity! / The Significance Of The Good Friday.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.