Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,718 members, 7,831,271 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:24 PM

Daily Spiritual Food. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Daily Spiritual Food. (379 Views)

Daily Spiritual Digest / Daily Spiritual Digest: The Day Of God's Vengeance / Daily Spiritual Digest: The Unsearchable God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Daily Spiritual Food. by genuineone: 2:39pm On Apr 09, 2017
This platform is created to feed you with the word of God on a daily basis. The bible tells us in the book of Matthew 4:4 that "But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God."
Jesus Christ clearly stated that we need physical food to nurture our body for growth. However, we do not need that alone. Therefore, as we are feeding our body with good food, likewise we should feed our spirit with the word of God for spiritual growth.
physical strength is needed for physical battles. what do you need for spiritual battles? Answer-- ( 2 Corinthians 10:4)
To grow your faith in God you must:
1) read the word of God everyday, both day and night. (Joshua 1:8
2) pray everyday and at all times. 1 Thessalonians 5:17 says : Pray without ceasing.
3) listen to Christian messages by true ministers of God.
4) listen to Christian music.
5) watch Christian movies.
6) read Christian books.
7) Regularly attend Christian programmes ( Hebrews 10:25)
Re: Daily Spiritual Food. by genuineone: 6:56pm On Apr 09, 2017
TOPIC- THE TESTIMONY OF YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH THE FATHER.
B/T- JOHN 11:22.( But I know, that even now, whatsoever thou wilt ask of God, God will give it thee)

over the years,we have heard of broken relationship between two people or more. In this kind of situation, however, separation is inevitable between couples or close family members.
By contrast, we have also heard of cordial relationship between two people or more. In this kind of situation, however, closeness is inevitable between couples or close family members.
when there is closeness, love exists. Therefore, giving and taking naturally occur. This can be matched with the fact that Jesus Christ was and still close to His father in heaven. Hence, whatsoever he ask of the father, he will get.
The most amazing event in the above stated scripture was that people already knew that Whatever Jesus ask of the father, He will do.
The testimony of Martha Concerning the relationship of Jesus Christ with the father is an indication perfect relationship.
This message should open your eyes to examine the relationship with our father in heaven. Therefore, whatsoever you ask Him, he shall do if you have a cordial relationship with God.
If you are living in sin, confess today and give your whole life to Jesus Christ. He will reconcile you to the father and your life will be better.
Re: Daily Spiritual Food. by genuineone: 9:46am On Apr 10, 2017
TOPIC- WATCH AND PRAY

B/T-- Matthew 26:41 Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.

Often times, we intend to carry out some spiritual activities such as reading the word of God and praying. But soon, we will discover that we weren't able to carry them out. What really happened to me will be our question afterwords.
It is quite easy to became weak when it comes to spiritual matters, because we often feel like it's not so important, Though we desire to do them.
When you feel like this, you should however take heed because the devil is at work. The scriptural references above says watch and pray. To watch here, means, to be extra vigilant, thereby taking spiritual exercises such as praying, reading the word of God and the likes serious.
It is when you do the above that you won't fall into temptation, thereby, guarding your faith earnestly.
To guard your faith, however, you need to be determined in doing so by Giving at least one hour everyday for reading the bible and for prayers. Take note that you might be tempted with sleeping, busy schedule, movies, novels, fatigue and all forms of distraction. BE DETERMINED! BE DETERMINED!! BE DETERMINED!!!

PRAYER
Lord Jesus, Give me the grace and the spirit of determination to pray and read my bible everyday.
Re: Daily Spiritual Food. by genuineone: 9:32am On Apr 11, 2017
TOPIC- LIGHT AND SALT OF THE WORLD

B/T - (Matthew 5:13 Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.)
( Matthew 5:14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.)
( Matthew 5:15 Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. )
(Matthew 5:16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven. )

I was almost unable to write this message this morning, until I realised that I ought to be the salt and light of this world which is in accordance with the words of Jesus Christ in the above quoted biblical verses.

As children of God, we should always strive to be the salt and light of this world at all times, for it will be an evidence that we are truly the children of our Father which is in heaven.

Being the salt and light of this world through our good deeds is also a way of glorifying our Father in heaven.

You can imagine a food without salt, it will definitely be tasteless or adding a salt that has lost its savour to a food, it will also be tasteless and that kind of salt is good for nothing. Therefore, any one who claim to be a child of God without good deeds on earth is not worthy to be called a child of God.

We are also the light of the world, what then is the usefulness of a light that doesn't chase away darkness. Hence, as children of God we should allow our light to shine through our good deeds on earth, in order for our father to be glorified.

PRAYER
Father, make me a light and salt of this world indeed.
Re: Daily Spiritual Food. by genuineone: 7:27am On Apr 12, 2017
TOPIC-- ELBOW ROOM
B/T -- PSALMS 126: 1-6

Elbow room is an idiomatic expression which simply means freedom. I am so sure that no one will prefer captivity to freedom,also, our father in heaven doesn't want us to be in captivity.
Captivity, however, is a state or period of being imprisoned, confined, or enslaved. This is the same situation and condition the children of Israel were in Egypt before God delivered them (Exodus 19:4 Ye have seen what I did unto the Egyptians, and how I bare you on eagles' wings, and brought you unto myself. )
The God that turned again the captivity of Zion (Psalms 126:1) and delivered the children of Israel from captivity in Egypt can deliver you today.
Captivity can be in form of:
1) Addiction to sin.( various forms of sin)
2) Sickness ( various forms of sickness)
3) poverty
4) Failure/disappointment
5) Delay in marriage
6) Delay in child bearing
7) Delay in fulfilling destiny
and so much more.

Having discovered the kind of captivity you are into, the next step is to reach out to God in prayers and fasting and He will surely deliver you and carry you on eagles' wing. Only God can take you to your elbow room where you will have freedom to do exploit. Therefore, pray unto Him and He will deliver you from all forms of Captivity today.

(1) (Reply)

Which Book Was The Ideas For The Bible Stolen From? / Favouritism: Should Parents Prefer One Child Over The Other? / Is The Word " Trinity " In The Bible.?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.