Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,110 members, 7,814,894 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:21 PM

Nairalander Easily Debunks An Atheists Claims Of Free Speech - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nairalander Easily Debunks An Atheists Claims Of Free Speech (3303 Views)

'There Are Limitations To Free Speech' Says London Mayor After Preacher's Arrest / If An Atheists Goes For Interview, What Will He/she Choose As Religion / Confessions Of An Atheists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Nairalander Easily Debunks An Atheists Claims Of Free Speech by UyiIredia(m): 8:14pm On Apr 11, 2017
Seun:

That's actually what I said initially. The freedom to say what is not offensive to anybody is not a right that needs to be defended. It is just a fact of life. Even in North Korea and Saudi Arabia, nothing you say will cause you harm if nobody is offended by it. Freedom of speech must include the freedom to say things that other people find offensive in order to have meaning. Thus, it is essentially the freedom to say offensive things.

Then remove rule no 2, 3, 4, and 7. 2 especially.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairalander Easily Debunks An Atheists Claims Of Free Speech by HyDef(m): 9:17am On Apr 13, 2017
If I believe in being able to express your true opinion, don't think I won't get pissed and kick you out of my house if you call my mother a whọre.

Nairaland is his forum. He can do whatever he wants here, irrespective of real world beliefs. If you don't like it, too bad.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is The Meaning Of IJN? / A Nairalander Prays For Poisoned Leg See What Happens Pics-video / Moral Teaching In The Gospels

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.