Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,529 members, 7,847,202 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 12:38 PM

Saving Nigeria - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saving Nigeria (4898 Views)

Jonathan Was Not Interested In Saving Nigeria’s Resources – Okonjo-iweala / Saving Nigeria.. A 25 State Structure / Obasanjo,buhari, Babangida:nigeria Expendables Saving Nigeria Since 1960s (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saving Nigeria by EmperorOlu: 11:46am On Jan 02, 2010
Obinoscopy:

You have let yourself down by deviating from the topic in question and exchanging insults with another person. That shows you do not possess true leadership abilities. You let little things distract you. Meanwhile I don't think asha was insulting you, I believe he was telling you the fact.

So in your understanding of the English language ,when someone refers to you as a fool ,he is giving you a compliment? mumu!

First of all the post which asha80 was responding to is a comment which I posted under the wrong topic. It is human to err but he took a verbal swipe at me and i laced him back in a polite manner.

You don’t know what leadership abilities are otherwise you would realize that i have shown it countless time. You guys are just a bunch unexposed, uninformed ,inexperienced immature razzmatazz folks who can not undertake an argument in a civil manner but prefer to degenerate to an onitsha style fracas.

There are several individuals who do not agree with my emperorship idea on this forum but they were civil enough to engage me in an insult free argument. I am not interested in degenerates like you guys because you don’t matter. You won’t do anything to help Nigeria and you won’t do shxt if i take power. THAT IS A FACT.

1 Like

Re: Saving Nigeria by clemiss(m): 3:33pm On Jan 02, 2010
@poster then who are you?to have this kind of dreams pls show yourselve.
Re: Saving Nigeria by Obinoscopy(m): 9:08pm On Jan 02, 2010
EmperorOlu:

So in your understanding of the English language ,when someone refers to you as a fool ,he is giving you a compliment? mumu!

First of all the post which asha80 was responding to is a comment which I posted under the wrong topic. It is human to err but he took a verbal swipe at me and i laced him back in a polite manner.

You don’t know what leadership abilities are otherwise you would realize that i have shown it countless time. You guys are just a bunch unexposed, uninformed ,inexperienced immature razzmatazz folks who can not undertake an argument in a civil manner but prefer to degenerate to an onitsha style fracas.

There are several individuals who do not agree with my emperorship idea on this forum but they were civil enough to engage me in an insult free argument. I am not interested in degenerates like you guys because you don’t matter. You won’t do anything to help Nigeria and you won’t do shxt if i take power. THAT IS A FACT.

You keep on disclosing your true identity. Who told you I'm from the Igbo extraction? And real leaders don't judge people based on their race but based on their actions and achievements. Tell me what proof do you have that I argue in an uncivil manner? On the contrary I think the reverse is the case. If the americans think the way you do, they wouldn't have voted Obama afterall he is from Kenya where civilization is scarce. No they don't think like barbarians, they belief that a man is judged based on his credentials. I advise you improve on yourself before you can call yourself a leader, you are everything opposite of a true leader

1 Like

Re: Saving Nigeria by EmperorOlu: 9:18pm On Jan 02, 2010
Obinoscopy:

You keep on disclosing your true identity. Who told you I'm from the Igbo extraction? And real leaders don't judge people based on their race but based on their actions and achievements. Tell me what proof do you have that I argue in an uncivil manner? On the contrary I think the reverse is the case. If the americans think the way you do, they wouldn't have voted Obama afterall he is from Kenya where civilization is scarce. No they don't think like barbarians, they belief that a man is judged based on his credentials. I advise you improve on yourself before you can call yourself a leader, you are everything opposite of a true leader

So much for arguing in a civilized manner.
Re: Saving Nigeria by trueword: 11:41pm On Jan 02, 2010
Saving Nigeria doesn't require an emperor because one thing that I tend to see is the power corrups, especially absolute power. Nigeria is being held hostage by invididuals who only care about getting rich and could care less about governing the country.

The economic proposals put forth seem good, but the actions that will be taken to "cleanse the system" will meet some international resistance. Holding public executions and things of that sort won't really gain you any allies, but may actually open the door for western powers to come over and take over Nigeria in the name of "bringing democracy". A different approach needs to be taken if we want to get rid of crooks in government.

It's too bad that true constitutional amendment is not really happening. The terms of senators, house members and other important positions need to be limited in order to make sure that greedy people aren't in power positions forever. The powers given to the Fedral government must be reduced drastically. If states had more power then positions in Abuja will not be a powerful. So if someones is trying to cause harm they will only affect one or maybe two states instead of the whole country with their actions.

Most importantly, the idea of rotating the preseidency between the north and south has to be thrown out.
1. The current situation
First of all, the south is more diverse than the south. You have the south-west, south-east and south-south all wanting to hold the presidency so we can't just go back to the north after one part of the south has held the presidency. It must rotate through the south completely or 2/3 regions before going back to the northerners.

2. The ideal situation

The president of Nigeria needs to be selected on the basis of merit and not selection by politcal god-fathers. I wouldnt really care who is in office as long as they are doing their job.

All of these ideas that are being proposed are easier said than done but we must decise a very strategic way to rid nigeria of those holding it hostage.

Maybe we can find a way to protect the vote of people during elections. I'm sure if the people's votes are respected then the right people will be put into office.

1 Like

Re: Saving Nigeria by EmperorOlu: 9:04am On Jan 03, 2010
trueword:

Saving Nigeria doesn't require an emperor because one thing that I tend to see is the power corrups, especially absolute power. Nigeria is being held hostage by invididuals who only care about getting rich and could care less about governing the country.

The economic proposals put forth seem good, but the actions that will be taken to "cleanse the system" will meet some international resistance. Holding public executions and things of that sort won't really gain you any allies, but may actually open the door for western powers to come over and take over Nigeria in the name of "bringing democracy". A different approach needs to be taken if we want to get rid of crooks in government.

It's too bad that true constitutional amendment is not really happening. The terms of senators, house members and other important positions need to be limited in order to make sure that greedy people aren't in power positions forever. The powers given to the Fedral government must be reduced drastically. If states had more power then positions in Abuja will not be a powerful. So if someones is trying to cause harm they will only affect one or maybe two states instead of the whole country with their actions.

Most importantly, the idea of rotating the preseidency between the north and south has to be thrown out.
1. The current situation
First of all, the south is more diverse than the south. You have the south-west, south-east and south-south all wanting to hold the presidency so we can't just go back to the north after one part of the south has held the presidency. It must rotate through the south completely or 2/3 regions before going back to the northerners.

2. The ideal situation

The president of Nigeria needs to be selected on the basis of merit and not selection by politcal god-fathers. I wouldnt really care who is in office as long as they are doing their job.

All of these ideas that are being proposed are easier said than done but we must decise a very strategic way to rid nigeria of those holding it hostage.

Maybe we can find a way to protect the vote of people during elections. I'm sure if the people's votes are respected then the right people will be put into office.

Thank you’re for your valuable contribution ,I agree with most of the points you have made. My idea of an emperor came about not because I want to subject all Nigerians to bow to me but because I want to create an atmosphere of imperial loyalty and discipline.

Many people will not agree with me on the idea of a monarch in Nigeria because of what we have been through in the Nigeria for the past 49.That does not however mean that a monarch will rule the country badly.

In my opinion, monarchs perform better than elected presidents because being a monarch is a life long responsibility and most monarchs want to perform well to ensure that his people do not oppose his rule. If you look at modern day monarchs all over the world you will realise their countries enjoy the highest standard of living. Many people feel that a monarch has absolute power but I disagree, a monarch is only in power for as long as his people want him to be. A monarch strength is his people, if his people are happy, he will rule for long but if they are not he will have a lot problems to deal with. A revolution can topple a monarch anytime.

I am not saying a monarchical system of government is the only way for Nigeria, I am saying that if I happen to take power that is the way I will go. Allow me to explain why, I have studied the whole Nigerian system and I don’t think party politics will be a safe option because with party politics, my hands will be tied and I will have to be loyal to my party before I can be loyal to my people ,this in my opinion will corrupt me even if don’t want to be corrupted and because of my limited powers I could be impeached or assassinated easily if I decide to go against my party.

On the other hand if I am a monarch, my word is final and I will not have any loyalties to any parties or sponsors. I would have gained power by force and retain it by force. I know force is not a very nice word but if you want to defeat a group like the Kaduna mafia, you need force. No good president can survive in ASO rock without absolute power. Look at what is going on right now in ASO rock, yara adua is probably dead but the powers at play do not want Jonathan to take over power and Jonathan himself is a sitting duck for the military to take over. In a monarchical system, that will not happen, if the leader is no longer available, his wife or son will take over and there will be no need for arguments or any state of limbo scenario.

Democracy will never work in the Nigeria, maybe it will work in a split Nigeria but not in a united one. As per the executions ,I will tell you now that I am not scared of the USA you want to do something for the good of your people ,you have do it openly without fear or favour. I am sure you remember what Rawlins did in Ghanaian, he freed his people from the corrupt group and look at Ghana today.

My brother i am not a stubborn person and I am not advocating to be a monarch for ever, if I take power I may not even become an Emperor ,I might just call myself THE LEADER but never a president because that word sounds very weak in Nigeria and the power mafia does not respect it. To be able to do good things in Nigeria corrupt people need to fear you. You need to deal with corrupt people ruthlessly. Take a look at china and Singapore, how their laws are strict and how their nations are stable and developing at a rapid rate.

I know that there a lot of good Nigerians out there who can lead the nation but if we do not clease the system those good people will always be overshadowed.Once you cleanse the system and put fear in the heart of Nigerians.Nigerians will be very scared to peddle drusgs or commit fraud.Nigerians are naturally intelligtent but instead of using our intelligence for good ,we use it for crime.If you make harsh laws that execute drugs dealer and fraudsters ,the crime rate will reduce drastically.You need to execute some example to send a clear messge to the world that New Niegria does not tolerate crime or harbour criminals.The USA in it’s current state cannot invade Nigeria because their hands are full ,the only thing they can do is ask their CIA to assasinate the monarch.

1 Like

Re: Saving Nigeria by PupetMasta(m): 9:44pm On Jan 03, 2010
I love ur angle and it is good to have a new and fresh idea on an alternative way for Nigeria to move forward (enough of Nigeria must separate). I agree with you on a need for a long term (not less than 20 yrs) good leader that will change the status quo in Nigeria. Nigeria needs a total overhauling and it is almost impossible for a democratic leader of 8 yrs to achieve it.

South Africa is good today not because they have a democratic government but because they started their democracy under the masters of democracy (white), the white has instilled institutions that is guiding them today, Nigeria has non of these institutions. Even the democracy we are not running it well, imagine not knowing the whereabout of the President foe more than 30 days now and still the VP cant take over. We have been kept on hold by someone group.

Me as a person I don't care whatever governance system we run in Nigeria or who leads us so far it is good, fair and provides justice to everyone.

1 Like

Re: Saving Nigeria by EmperorOlu: 10:56am On Jan 04, 2010
PupetMasta:

I love your angle and it is good to have a new and fresh idea on an alternative way for Nigeria to move forward (enough of Nigeria must separate). I agree with you on a need for a long term (not less than 20 yrs) good leader that will change the status quo in Nigeria. Nigeria needs a total overhauling and it is almost impossible for a democratic leader of 8 yrs to achieve it.

South Africa is good today not because they have a democratic government but because they started their democracy under the masters of democracy (white), the white has instilled institutions that is guiding them today, Nigeria has non of these institutions. Even the democracy we are not running it well, imagine not knowing the whereabout of the President foe more than 30 days now and still the VP cant take over. We have been kept on hold by someone group.

Me as a person I don't care whatever governance system we run in Nigeria or who leads us so far it is good, fair and provides justice to everyone.

Pupetmasta ,you have made my day. Finally someone that shares my views on how to move Nigeria forward.My brother I don’t care who leads Nigeria, it could an Hausa ,Igbo or Yoruba but we need a leader who have vision and who can create jobs without depending too much on oil reserve. We need a long term leader who delivers.

Imagine if Fashola was to Govern Lagos state for the next 20years and develop it at the current rate which he is developing it now,do you think Lagosians will complain? What happens when Fashola leaves office in 6 years, what if Lagos get another visionless leader all in the name of Democracy.

Look at Libya,Gadaffi has been in power for years ,he denounced the USA and made the C.I.A gain his respect by control his oil and providing abundantly for his people.enjoy one of the highest standards of living in the Africa. That is why Chavez is always vsiting libya trying to learn from the best.

You are very right about South Africa; since the ANC took power from the whites in 1994 the country has started going down. There are so much violent crimes in the country and the black politicians are just looting the treasury. The only thing holding South Africa together today is the level of white investments in the country, the world cup as well as the whites in parliament and opposition parties. The people of South Africa have started complaining about the ANC government and if something is not done quickly ,the whites will leave the country and take their investments with them.

When you tell my brothers that we need “white” investments and “white” experts to help us turn around our ministry, they start calling you a traitor or they say that you have inferiority complex. What they fail to admit to themselves is that in our 49 years of existence as nation, we Nigerians with all the education we have acquired we are unable to manage companies or organizations. Look at the 5 banks that failed in Nigeria recently, one of the directors bought 28 properties in Dubai while another had over 300 billion naira in his account as well as 11 million pounds in another account. This is not the first time Nigerian banks have crashed ,you remember in the 90s way before the financial crisis when over 100 banks failed nationwide all because of poor management and greed.

Look at our infrastructure, our bridges are very dirty because no one maintains them, our roads are fill with mud and refuse because there is no proper management. When it rains in lagos, roads become flooded because the drainage system is blocked. The list goes on and on. What my brothers don’t realize is that Nigeria is now damaged to the extent that foreign managers are needed to bring discipline to our citizens and transfer proper management skills to our citizens.

1 Like

Re: Saving Nigeria by Obinoscopy(m): 9:58pm On Jan 07, 2010
EmperorOlu:

Imagine if Fashola was to Govern Lagos state for the next 20years and develop it at the current rate which he is developing it now,do you think Lagosians will complain? What happens when Fashola leaves office in 6 years, what if Lagos get another visionless leader all in the name of Democracy.

Lets look at it this way. . . . Imagine if Abacha was allowed to rule Nigeria for 20 years!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Enugu PDP Ward Congress, Governor Chime Schemed Out / Breaking!opposition Party In Gabon Accused Omar Bongo Of Being An Igbo President / MASSOB Scolds Ohaneze: Stop Demanding Political Privileges From Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.