Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,424 members, 7,819,523 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:33 PM

Lovingdomains.com Is Shutting Down - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Lovingdomains.com Is Shutting Down (1962 Views)

Emergency Popular Document Sharing Site Is Shutting Down / Mocality Is Shutting Down Services On The 28th Of February / Anonymous Takes Down Fbi/whitehouse In Response To Fbi Shutting Down Megaupload (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lovingdomains.com Is Shutting Down by DualCore1: 7:39pm On Dec 29, 2009
Yea, wont you just hate what I am about to say if you have any domains registered with Lovingdomains.com?

Well erm. . . due to violation of the TOS and AUP of their parent registrar, they have been slated for shut down. Lovingdomains.com has mailed all its customers and has given them 3 options. All say the same thing, transfer your domains away from us "immediately".

And the mail ends with

"We suggest you do this immediately. Apologize for any inconveniences but please understand, this is out of our control.

Regards,
LovingDomains"

This affects me a bit cuz I have 2 domains i registered there a while ago before I got my enom account.

What's annoying is the reason for shutting down. The people they are reselling are resellers of orderbox! I have always hated the concept of Orderbox. The concept is, they take care of everything, hosting, registration and they give you a white labelled site (called a supersite) and you dont have to worry about jack, all you need to do is face the marketting aspect of webhosting.

Tridomainhost.com is one example of an orderbox site. Sorry I am having to name names cuz I got no sentiments at the mo.
I saw "Online Chat" on Tridomainhost.com one time and I am wondering what support they want to give a customer. About 2 years ago a friend had a problem with her site on tridomainhost and asked me to fix it. I explained everything to them on phone and was expecting a quick fix, one i could do if i had root access. They did something that just shifted the entire content in the public_html folder to the parent folder . . .and still didn't fix the problem.

I must say though, they are good. If you know how to fix problems yourself without needing them.

Well well well, that aside. The main issue now is that lovingdomains.com who promised that in the event of a collapse, they will transfer all domains they have to another registrar, has gone bananaz.

I have always had this in mind: Never put all your domains in one basket (registrar).

If anyone out there has a domain with this pipz, please transfer it "immediately" (na so dem talk). Please remove any form of WHOIS protection before transferring any domain or else the confirmation email for the domain transfer will not be sent to the owner and you wont be able to provide an activation key.
Re: Lovingdomains.com Is Shutting Down by Afam4eva(m): 1:38pm On Jan 01, 2010
Jeez, i just saw the message they sent me. This is really bad as i host all my domains with them. Infact i just paid for one of my domains in december.
Re: Lovingdomains.com Is Shutting Down by DualCore1: 4:25pm On Jan 01, 2010
Ouch, sorry bro. Disable WHOIS protection on all your domains before transferring.

Really sorry. I had just 2 with 'em. I have transfered 'em.
Re: Lovingdomains.com Is Shutting Down by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jan 01, 2010
The same thing happen to est domains and all the domains in their care were transfer to resellerclub by ICANN well i have domains with lovingdomains too i guess ICANN will do the same thing they did to estdomains
Re: Lovingdomains.com Is Shutting Down by DualCore1: 8:35pm On Jan 01, 2010
feyisara:

The same thing happen to est domains and all the domains in their care were transfer to resellerclub by ICANN well i have domains with lovingdomains too i guess ICANN will do the same thing they did to estdomains

Happy guessing. smiley

Lovingdomains have said it, your domain will not go off but you will not have any control over its management.

I'm in business I take calculated risks. For me to sit and gamble with my business would be a miscalculation.
Re: Lovingdomains.com Is Shutting Down by rufaai(m): 1:33pm On Jan 03, 2010
That was what happened with ESTDomains too

Estdomains.com also had similar trouble, but with ICAAN which affected registrars like yourwebpoint.com and others. However some available registrars allow smooth migration without hassles or Renewal needs.

AIMTECH LIMITED [Nigeria] - http://aimtechng.com can migrate all your domain names from LovingDomains.Com without hassles and efficiently for free No renewals required. wink Simply request a migration by contacting http://aimtechng.com/contactus

All the best for domain owners and I wish them successful migration process to other registrars.
Re: Lovingdomains.com Is Shutting Down by Afam4eva(m): 1:58pm On Jan 04, 2010
The same thing happened with their domaiin last year when we were told to transfer our domains.
Re: Lovingdomains.com Is Shutting Down by abhosts(m): 3:29pm On Jan 04, 2010
Their case is different from that of ESTdomains. LovingD is just a Member of Resellerclub while ESTdomains was a full fledged domain Registrar.
Re: Lovingdomains.com Is Shutting Down by DualCore1: 4:40pm On Jan 04, 2010
abhosts:

Their case is different from that of ESTdomains. LovingD is just a Member of Resellerclub while ESTdomains was a full fledged domain Registrar.
Exactly.

Bottomline, ICANN will naturally only care about transferring domains among its registered registrars. Lovingdomains isnt on ICANN's list.

Its not ICANN passing them this sin, its resellerclub.
Re: Lovingdomains.com Is Shutting Down by rufaai(m): 9:40pm On Jan 04, 2010
@Dual Core:
I don't think its ResellerClub, they're doing good. I would really love to dig deep into their issue, its obvious actually. Sad indeed too!
Re: Lovingdomains.com Is Shutting Down by DualCore1: 10:10pm On Jan 04, 2010
My bad, its Resell.biz i had in mind.
Lovingdomains went against the TOS/AUP of resell.biz.

(1) (Reply)

Gtbank Website Hacked / Wapka- Request Any Wml/html Code Now / Show Fake Website Views And Captivate Viewers Using Wordpress Plugin.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.