Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,925 members, 7,817,711 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:43 PM

Gtbank Website Hacked - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Gtbank Website Hacked (1961 Views)

Is This A Pirated Gtbank Website? / GTBank Website Has Been Hijacked? / Gtbank Website Review (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gtbank Website Hacked by Nobody: 9:22pm On Feb 14, 2012
BREAKING: GTBank Website Redirects To Parked Domain

Today, the website of GTBank, one of the leading banks in Nigeria witnessed an unusual domain URL redirect to something like a domain parking page of a website called http://mylife12.tk via the URLĀ http://searchmagnified.com
Re: Gtbank Website Hacked by Nobody: 9:34pm On Feb 14, 2012
@moderator: can u please put on front page
Re: Gtbank Website Hacked by Dabss(m): 9:44pm On Feb 14, 2012
Damn! Yahoo boys at work
Re: Gtbank Website Hacked by Nobody: 10:13pm On Feb 14, 2012
I saw the stuff too. I had to use the cache-ed version to access the online banking app.
Re: Gtbank Website Hacked by yawatide(f): 1:35am On Feb 15, 2012
Hopefully it isn't one of those banks that I hear uses MS Access as its database.
Re: Gtbank Website Hacked by WebSurfer(m): 3:24am On Feb 15, 2012
this is serious
Re: Gtbank Website Hacked by WebSurfer(m): 3:29am On Feb 15, 2012
Now displaying (Database Error: Unable to connect to the database:Could not connect to MySQL)
Re: Gtbank Website Hacked by yawatide(f): 12:11pm On Feb 15, 2012
At least it isn't MS Access tongue

On a more serious note, you would think that they would have had a no more than 24-hour turnaround. I mean, people need their money and shouldn't have to go to a physical location to get it. Worse case, they should have redirected traffic to some generic page that explains things, offers apologies and many some incentives for the inconvenience.

Let this be a lesson to clients that they shouldn't accept websites as-is. Rather, they should conduct their own independent security tests and have the "webmasters" fix holes asap before that all important final payment.
Re: Gtbank Website Hacked by Eeechee(m): 12:31pm On Feb 15, 2012
the site is back now. just try it

(1) (Reply)

New Blog Alert / Download $1 Million Worth Of Courses For FREE / Lovingdomains.com Is Shutting Down

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.