Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,368 members, 7,864,703 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 02:29 AM

Depressed Nigerian Girl Saved From Suicide Attempt After Slitting Her Wrist - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Depressed Nigerian Girl Saved From Suicide Attempt After Slitting Her Wrist (38189 Views)

Assailant Kills A Baby In Jalingo By Slitting The Throat (Disturbing Photos) / Student Sentenced To 12 Years In Jail, For Slitting His Girlfriend's Throat-pix / Sales Girl Attacked In Sokoto By Men, Tried To Kill Her By Slitting Her Throat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Depressed Nigerian Girl Saved From Suicide Attempt After Slitting Her Wrist by sprado(m): 8:44pm On Apr 09, 2017
oya
Re: Depressed Nigerian Girl Saved From Suicide Attempt After Slitting Her Wrist by sammyj: 8:46pm On Apr 09, 2017
Hell fire await any body that commits succide and my advise to the government is to pass a bill to the Sinate sharply to jail persons that attempt his act !!!
Re: Depressed Nigerian Girl Saved From Suicide Attempt After Slitting Her Wrist by menxer: 8:47pm On Apr 09, 2017
Anybody that comes on social media to even hint at committing suicide most likely don't want to do it but needs help.

Though Suicide seems to be in vogue, that's why many people all of a sudden wants to try it out.

Isn't it fashionable to attempt/commit suicide?
grin
Re: Depressed Nigerian Girl Saved From Suicide Attempt After Slitting Her Wrist by chiedu7: 8:48pm On Apr 09, 2017
Buhari has a bad effect on Nigeria
Re: Depressed Nigerian Girl Saved From Suicide Attempt After Slitting Her Wrist by vicardino(m): 8:50pm On Apr 09, 2017
Stuffs I used to boast can never happen to a Nigerian are now on per minute occurrence in Nigeria. What's wrong with us? We were wired better than considering suicide as a way out. How I wish there would only be sport channels, Christian channels on our cable TVs. Lots of demonic influence from most of the channels that we are getting exposed to these days. May God heal our Land and occupy our heart.
Re: Depressed Nigerian Girl Saved From Suicide Attempt After Slitting Her Wrist by AyamConfidence(m): 8:51pm On Apr 09, 2017
Daboomb:

If you are depressed, talk to someone, read your Bible, pray to God, do a good deed to make you happy........... but if you decide to Kill yourself, you are stewpid, selfish and deserve to die.

I have no pity for anyone who decides to commit suicide.
bro I'm not depressed... I'm one of the happiest people you can find

You should know that most depressed people feel they will never be understood hence the need for caution when dealing with them
Re: Depressed Nigerian Girl Saved From Suicide Attempt After Slitting Her Wrist by Nobody: 8:51pm On Apr 09, 2017
Until a fellow attempts suicide before you start seeing fake concerns and false love from people. And to those mocking the lady, hope you replicate the same towards the females in your lives should they become victims. Smh.

1 Like

Re: Depressed Nigerian Girl Saved From Suicide Attempt After Slitting Her Wrist by KendrickAyomide: 8:52pm On Apr 09, 2017
AyamConfidence:
na people like you dey make depressed people try again with hurtful speech like this...learn to speak in a consoling manner to depressed souls...you might just save a life

Besides this thread shouldn't be in Crime section... Health woulda been better
no mind Am.. Yeye dey smell

1 Like

Re: Depressed Nigerian Girl Saved From Suicide Attempt After Slitting Her Wrist by 0b10010011: 8:52pm On Apr 09, 2017

I blame the boyfriend!

If the girls was been fu*ked well, she wouldn't have contemplated suicide,

Sex is enough reason to want to be alive against all odds

1 Like

Re: Depressed Nigerian Girl Saved From Suicide Attempt After Slitting Her Wrist by meeketta: 8:53pm On Apr 09, 2017
Na suicide for 9ja na pride.

Attempted suicide 50k compensation.
Re: Depressed Nigerian Girl Saved From Suicide Attempt After Slitting Her Wrist by Deilluminator(m): 8:54pm On Apr 09, 2017
Why are people killing themselves during this regime? Suicide was common with the whites but I am surprised that my brothers in this part of the world have embraced the idea as if it's a new fashion of life. I haven't seen a reason why someone should take his own life. If one has a reason for killing himself, Let that reason kill the person instead.
Re: Depressed Nigerian Girl Saved From Suicide Attempt After Slitting Her Wrist by Nobody: 8:54pm On Apr 09, 2017
yeye dey smell,na lagoon 4 sure pass nogrin
Re: Depressed Nigerian Girl Saved From Suicide Attempt After Slitting Her Wrist by AyamConfidence(m): 8:55pm On Apr 09, 2017
colik:

Baba thank you jare. kiss

I've come to realise that most Nigerians don't take depression as a serious illness. They just write it off because they have this mindset that people who claim to suffer from depression are just attention seekers.
I've been there so I know how hard it is to prove that you really need help.

I learnt that most depressed people never ask for help...they just hope someone notices them and offer help but Naija people always disappoint

I know what depression can do and I'm trying to get everyone I suspect is depressed to talk to me...I might just unknowingly save a life grin

3 Likes

Re: Depressed Nigerian Girl Saved From Suicide Attempt After Slitting Her Wrist by Jabioro: 8:57pm On Apr 09, 2017
She no tried at all... her sense is now reset, she now come on line to apologized. why not come to nairaland where there's a lot fun.. abusive, sensibility, wisdom and a lot. depression no dull moment for me, if you no abuse me for here I go find something funny many go mention me like say I know no wetin I dey comment about.. ..
Re: Depressed Nigerian Girl Saved From Suicide Attempt After Slitting Her Wrist by johnson232: 8:59pm On Apr 09, 2017
adorablepepple:
Thank God you know you were selfish. Radarada
Your comments are always inconsiderate....u don't sound like a female....
Re: Depressed Nigerian Girl Saved From Suicide Attempt After Slitting Her Wrist by Nobody: 8:59pm On Apr 09, 2017
AyamConfidence:
I learnt that most depressed people never ask for help...they just hope someone notices them and offer help but Naija people always disappoint

I know what depression can do and I'm trying to get everyone I suspect is depressed to talk to me...I might just unknowingly save a life grin
You just might...Kudos bro. smiley
Re: Depressed Nigerian Girl Saved From Suicide Attempt After Slitting Her Wrist by ReachHard: 9:00pm On Apr 09, 2017
...I wee just leave this here
ok bye

Re: Depressed Nigerian Girl Saved From Suicide Attempt After Slitting Her Wrist by destinysaid(m): 9:00pm On Apr 09, 2017
divineshare:
What is all the depression/ suicide news all about, what is really happening to everybody?

the rate of suicide probably didn't climb up, it was probably underreported before. The media is a powerful tool, things that happen everyday can be blown out of proportion. Did u forget some weeks back it looked like every husband had turned to a wife beater?
Whatever the media promotes becomes the main point of attraction, and its likely to be reported more, leading ppl to believe there is a rise in d case of such.

I'm nt endorsing suicide or battery and its good that its being reported but it should nt be taken as if it started today.

2 Likes

Re: Depressed Nigerian Girl Saved From Suicide Attempt After Slitting Her Wrist by Nobody: 9:00pm On Apr 09, 2017
AntiWailer:

I don't give 1 pinch about your opinion.

Since when you have been reading my posts on Nairaland. Do I look like i care about your opinion ?

Compassion and Empathy!!!!
Re: Depressed Nigerian Girl Saved From Suicide Attempt After Slitting Her Wrist by AntiWailer: 9:02pm On Apr 09, 2017
ayoolanr:

Compassion and Empathy!!!!

You don't have compassion and Empathy on people who have already committed suicide, you can only talk harsh sense into people contemplating it.
Re: Depressed Nigerian Girl Saved From Suicide Attempt After Slitting Her Wrist by GreatZaza(m): 9:02pm On Apr 09, 2017
AyamConfidence:
na people like you dey make depressed people try again with hurtful speech like this...learn to speak in a consoling manner to depressed souls...you might just save a life

Besides this thread shouldn't be in Crime section... Health woulda been better
leave that girl na big scam, why would you beg someone not to take his/her life if it pleases him/her. she is looking for one NGO to jump in and change her story. Bros if suicide is the way many of my family members would have died and die again if eventually revived.

1 Like

Re: Depressed Nigerian Girl Saved From Suicide Attempt After Slitting Her Wrist by IBreakRules: 9:03pm On Apr 09, 2017
AntiWailer:
Suicide should never be an option. Only a loser should consider suicide.

It can never get worse. You have to keep pushing

You are not the best, you are not the worst.

I have always told people. You don't need to go far to look for hope. I am a living testimony.

I have hawked before and the total amount of good I hawked was 12 Naira and guess what, I don't usually finish selling it after spending all day in the sun.

I have done several menial jobs before.

Trekked a distance several times. The day I told my driver I have trekked this path several times, he smiled and told me it was not possible.

I remember how many people contributed for my Jamb Form. Total amount was less than 1000.

I remembered how it was not easy to pay school fees that is not up to 3K per session back then. The blood pressure and fear of not writing exams on Examination Day.

Parents were once rich but everything went crazy along the line, if they had killed themselves they will not be alive to live in the House I built for them in just 6 months.

I am not rich but I am living my dream live without ever CHEATING ANYBODY, 1 DIME FROM ANY POLITICIAN. Pure Hardwork and Dedication.

If it is a girl, Plenty will come begging for you when you achieve your dream.

If it a guy, plenty will come begging when you finish working on yourself.

I am just typing this to let you know that whatever you are going through. It will soon be history.

Just keep your heads up and believe in yourself.

Have a dream you are chasing and NEVER GIVE UP. NOTHING , I repeat NOTHING is worth 'DIEING' for.

Move close to whatever you believe in and always be hopeful.

Nice one. I'm sure this would restore hope in some people reading this.... including me.

1 Like

Re: Depressed Nigerian Girl Saved From Suicide Attempt After Slitting Her Wrist by adorablepepple(f): 9:04pm On Apr 09, 2017
johnson232:

Your comments are always inconsiderate....u don't sound like a female....
grin
Re: Depressed Nigerian Girl Saved From Suicide Attempt After Slitting Her Wrist by AntiWailer: 9:06pm On Apr 09, 2017
IBreakRules:

Nice one. I'm sure this would restore hope in some people reading this.... including me.

I am fulfilled if it restores hope for you alone.

Just one person is enough.

Keep your heads high up Bro. You will get there.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Depressed Nigerian Girl Saved From Suicide Attempt After Slitting Her Wrist by doyinbaby(f): 9:08pm On Apr 09, 2017
Life is not a bed of roses for many,,,..,,many are enduring....don't kill yourself....
Re: Depressed Nigerian Girl Saved From Suicide Attempt After Slitting Her Wrist by doyinbaby(f): 9:08pm On Apr 09, 2017
Life is not a bed of roses for many,,,..,,many are enduring....don't kill yourself....no problem weh God no fit solve

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tunrepin Myles Adedeji: Olamide Son. Singer Shares First Photo With His Newborn / Housewife Kills Husband To Remarry Ex-husband In Kebbi / Greg Indyor: Man And His Entire Family Found Dead In Benue State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.