Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,052 members, 7,859,787 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 06:50 PM

Depressed Nigerian Girl Saved From Suicide Attempt After Slitting Her Wrist - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Depressed Nigerian Girl Saved From Suicide Attempt After Slitting Her Wrist (38184 Views)

Assailant Kills A Baby In Jalingo By Slitting The Throat (Disturbing Photos) / Student Sentenced To 12 Years In Jail, For Slitting His Girlfriend's Throat-pix / Sales Girl Attacked In Sokoto By Men, Tried To Kill Her By Slitting Her Throat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Depressed Nigerian Girl Saved From Suicide Attempt After Slitting Her Wrist by epadomo(m): 11:08pm On Apr 09, 2017
What is this world turning too self, anyway

I will rather kill myself than committing SUICIDE. Jesusssssssss did i just...................... Ran out of tread
Re: Depressed Nigerian Girl Saved From Suicide Attempt After Slitting Her Wrist by olaolaking: 11:19pm On Apr 09, 2017
AntiWailer:

In Nigeria, suicide usually revolve around Love, Hardship or Rejection.

What I wrote covers Love and Hardship.

I love Thesis and Theory but can you analyze the information below ?

1. Link below shows 67 cases of suicide linked to Economic Hardship and Love. Some of them owe people and can not meet up. A lady because she was abandoned by a guy and also I remember a case of a guy who drank sniper cos of a girl.
https://www.nigerianbulletin.com/threads/economic-hardship-results-in-67-suicide-cases-in-7-states-list-and-statistics.222216/

2. One woman that was rescued at the Lagoon claimed she was duped of several millions of Naira.

3. Femi in the link below ended it because of hardship. He was evicted from the house he lived. He said every women rejected his marriage proposal because he is poor and he started keeping to him self.

http://answersafrica.com/suicide-over-nigerian-hardship.html
Thou I didn't check the links. But the answer is this: All those you mentioned have the sickness in their brains. They did not know until condition triggers it. In your first write up., you were struggling , you felt depressed which is normal. Every one is unhappy when things are not going well. But if you have had that sickness in your brain, that your condition would trigger it.
There have been so many people feeling comfortable but they committed suicide. Anything can just trigger it. Good thing is that it is curable
Re: Depressed Nigerian Girl Saved From Suicide Attempt After Slitting Her Wrist by KnightB(m): 11:20pm On Apr 09, 2017
I wonder why people decide to die when they feel they can't hold on anymore. I believe the courage to commit suicide and an immense one, and I know no any impossibilities it cannot defile. Maybe I'm wrong, but what I want you to know is this; "Suicide should not be the answer" Remember, when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly. You all know how beautiful butterflies are, right?
The courage to leave, why not use it to live?
#holdonstill
Re: Depressed Nigerian Girl Saved From Suicide Attempt After Slitting Her Wrist by AntiWailer: 11:25pm On Apr 09, 2017
olaolaking:
Thou I didn't check the links. But the answer is this: All those you mentioned have the sickness in their brains. They did not know until condition triggers it. In your first write up., you were struggling , you felt depressed which is normal. Every one is unhappy when things are not going well. But if you have had that sickness in your brain, that your condition would trigger it.
There have been so many people feeling comfortable but they committed suicide. Anything can just trigger it. Good thing is that it is curable

I gave you the info so you can see that hardship and love issues can trigger whatever the sickness is easily.

Especially using Nigeria as a case study. As an expert, you can do your research on Suicide cases in NIGERIA. Do an extensive research on the main trigger and the statistics will simply shock you. Most of them are Hardship / Rejection.

Na oyinbo man go dey depressed because he is too fat or they shamed him for having big tummy and commit suicide.

I can continue to cite cases on and on.

The major cases are MONEY (Hardship) or Love (Rejection)

1. You remember the FCMB Man who shot himself in the presence of his priest sometimes last year ?

http://punchng.com/bank-manager-committed-suicide-fcmb/

It was linked to 350M bad loan (MONEY).

2. Naval officer that shot his girl friend and him self (LOVE)
https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2017/03/13/tragedy-at-air-force-base-as-officer-kills-himself-and-lover/
Re: Depressed Nigerian Girl Saved From Suicide Attempt After Slitting Her Wrist by Nobody: 11:42pm On Apr 09, 2017
Some people might say suicide is never the answer but some people actually go through depression, I just got out of one too, I felt like doing it, only one friend came to my aid,and she reminded me of how others would feel like if I do this, she told me to channel my thoughts into positive thoughts, she's one person I'll never forget in a hurry, God bless you Brittany, some people don't understand, some people don't know how to tell others their problems, some people actually see them as a joke when you tell them about it, so wtf, just do it and forget everything, that's usually the thought that comes to mind... I really hope we learn how to take people serious. ... I wish everyone well, we should learn to help people out so the thoughts of suicide won't even come to mind
Re: Depressed Nigerian Girl Saved From Suicide Attempt After Slitting Her Wrist by goldedprince: 11:48pm On Apr 09, 2017
op do you have direct contact to this girl or do you know her?
cant find her on instagram.
if the reason for what she did is financial, i can assist.
Re: Depressed Nigerian Girl Saved From Suicide Attempt After Slitting Her Wrist by Fucktensei: 1:32am On Apr 10, 2017
too bad, depression is a killer! The only people who should be committing suicide are our leaders ! those people have failed us too much! grin angry

Re: Depressed Nigerian Girl Saved From Suicide Attempt After Slitting Her Wrist by sunnyeinstein(m): 2:39am On Apr 10, 2017
RALPHOW:
What is happening in Nigeria? Don't tell it is hardship, the Dr that jumped into Lagoo was comfortable.
Christians please wake up and pray for the land.

No sir, he wasnt comfortable. If he was he wouldnt do it let alone think of doing it.
Psychology is a very crazy thing, only the strong-minded can resist the craziness that occupies a man's mind
Re: Depressed Nigerian Girl Saved From Suicide Attempt After Slitting Her Wrist by Hades2016(m): 7:38am On Apr 10, 2017
AyamConfidence:
na people like you dey make depressed people try again with hurtful speech like this...learn to speak in a consoling manner to depressed souls...you might just save a life

Besides this thread shouldn't be in Crime section... Health woulda been better
oga leave matter .. must she kill herself ? .. see 65% of Nigerians are depressed right now and that doesn't mean we should start killing ourselves cuz we are depressed ... We have to think about our love one's before we do anything stupid to ourself ok .... suicide is not the answer my brother ....
Re: Depressed Nigerian Girl Saved From Suicide Attempt After Slitting Her Wrist by Nobody: 7:39am On Apr 10, 2017
Depression is something that if. U have not been through u will never know what actually it is....
Re: Depressed Nigerian Girl Saved From Suicide Attempt After Slitting Her Wrist by Nobody: 8:12am On Apr 10, 2017
colik:
Suicide is never the answer...

True True, there is always another way.
Re: Depressed Nigerian Girl Saved From Suicide Attempt After Slitting Her Wrist by Awoo88: 8:41am On Apr 10, 2017
AyamConfidence:
na people like you dey make depressed people try again with hurtful speech like this...learn to speak in a consoling manner to depressed souls...you might just save a life

Besides this thread shouldn't be in Crime section... Health woulda been better
There is no local word for depression in Yoruba or ibo (don't know about Hausa). Do you know why that sickness is strange and will do not have it. In fact it's an abomination to take your life. People like are buried in the evil forest. If anybody things suicide as a solution that someone is selfish.

1 Like

Re: Depressed Nigerian Girl Saved From Suicide Attempt After Slitting Her Wrist by GreatZaza(m): 8:50am On Apr 10, 2017
AyamConfidence:
bro please you need to change your mindset... Humans vary
I might not totally be correct.

1 Like

Re: Depressed Nigerian Girl Saved From Suicide Attempt After Slitting Her Wrist by Nobody: 10:15am On Apr 10, 2017
Eeyah cry

I always tell people , lean onto God and all these depressive feelings , not achieving anything will fade away like the wind .
When I was in the world , I was suicidal too..not once but thrice ..At the end God saved me through a good lovely friend of mine . God will always bless her path , amen.

Simply lean onto God , give Him the driver's seat and all will be well. Nobody can handle life's challenges on their own. You simply cannot do it on your own! So why push yourself to the deep ends.
What a pity.
Re: Depressed Nigerian Girl Saved From Suicide Attempt After Slitting Her Wrist by lexy2014: 1:11pm On Apr 10, 2017
AyamConfidence:
I understand you bro

But people and situations differ hence the need to approach each case with caution
my oga u are absolutely correct that's y I said on my post d approach I used then might not apply in all cases. like u said it has 2b managed with caution
Big ups

1 Like

Re: Depressed Nigerian Girl Saved From Suicide Attempt After Slitting Her Wrist by GoldEnyong(m): 1:18pm On Apr 10, 2017
Wetin happened to her neck? Is it made of iron?... na from wrist person dey take die?
Re: Depressed Nigerian Girl Saved From Suicide Attempt After Slitting Her Wrist by phililp(m): 1:22pm On Apr 10, 2017
AntiWailer:

I am fulfilled if it restores hope for you alone.

Just one person is enough.

Keep your heads high up Bro. You will get there.

thats the spirit. no giving up. no matter how hard it become..

as the rivers keep flowing; we'll keep moving on.

thumbs up for u bro.
Re: Depressed Nigerian Girl Saved From Suicide Attempt After Slitting Her Wrist by FRANKOSKI(m): 2:40pm On Apr 10, 2017
GOD INTERVENED ON YOUR BEHALF COS HR DONT WANT YOU TO ROT IN HELL.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Raped His 14-Year-Old Daughter, Made Her Commit Abortion 3 Times (Photo) / Nigerian Jailed For Raping Five Teenage Girls In The UK (Photo) / Greg Indyor: Man And His Entire Family Found Dead In Benue State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.