Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,593 members, 7,812,936 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:59 PM

Female Corper Drowns In Swimming Pool In Enugu State - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Female Corper Drowns In Swimming Pool In Enugu State (37980 Views)

Corper Drowns In Gubi River In Bauchi During End Of NYSC Picnic / Bayelsa Corper Drowns While Taking Selfie At A Jetty In Ogbolomaibiri, Nembe / Corper Drowns In Boat Accident A Month To Completion Of His Service, Buried (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Female Corper Drowns In Swimming Pool In Enugu State by Nobody: 12:18pm On Apr 10, 2017
RIP
Re: Female Corper Drowns In Swimming Pool In Enugu State by HRich(m): 12:21pm On Apr 10, 2017
fashrola:

What if the hotel management pasted a notice around the swimming pool warning prospective swimmers about their policy using their swimming pool? Cos ive seen lot of hotels with such policy at their poolside (I don't know if there's any legal backing regards to that)

I think hotels with swimming pools from 5ft and above should employ services of lifeguard

It takes approximately 2 -3 minutes to lose consciousness and 5-10 minutes to die... I wonder why she wasn't saved by fellow swimmers in the pool
You know, things of such might be taken as a joke, i mean the reaction could be seen that she's joking/playing/enjoying the water,

As for the Policy, i have visited many Hotel Pools without any policy pasted, i only do use my brain policy to swim, only in a Swimming Garden that have up to 10fit deep pools do Past Policy beside.
Re: Female Corper Drowns In Swimming Pool In Enugu State by colossus91(m): 12:24pm On Apr 10, 2017
buhari and death scroll down

Re: Female Corper Drowns In Swimming Pool In Enugu State by realestniggah: 12:43pm On Apr 10, 2017
i remember when i went to my village 4 year gao..there this river people go to swim at..i saw everyone swimming ..and i felt gingered to go swim..i had no idea how deep the river was..only god saved me that day..since then i haven't been in a pool or a river..

i saw death that day
Re: Female Corper Drowns In Swimming Pool In Enugu State by iyamchee(m): 12:44pm On Apr 10, 2017
HRich:
Your luck and hers may not be the same.
There's 2fit pool for those who can't swim,
There's 3fit Pool for those who are just learning,
There's 5fit pool for those who thinks they can/know how to swim,
There's then 10fit for the real swimmers.
And Please always go to the Pool with a Friend, (A very Good Friend)
Thanks Man
Re: Female Corper Drowns In Swimming Pool In Enugu State by willibounce1(m): 12:50pm On Apr 10, 2017
People dey even tey with this swimming pool rubbish. There's no way you swim and water won't enter your mouth. Imagine water wey some id.iots go pee inside, spit inside, mess inside, pour sperm inside, cum inside...everything go mix together and some people go swallow am. Chai. Tufiakwa!
Re: Female Corper Drowns In Swimming Pool In Enugu State by andrewoise(m): 1:00pm On Apr 10, 2017
May her soul rest in peace shocked lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Female Corper Drowns In Swimming Pool In Enugu State by Resourceteam(f): 1:29pm On Apr 10, 2017
So Sad, RIP
Re: Female Corper Drowns In Swimming Pool In Enugu State by jimcoservices: 1:29pm On Apr 10, 2017
This is unbelievable not even in a stream or river. How deep is the pool?
Re: Female Corper Drowns In Swimming Pool In Enugu State by proudlyella: 1:43pm On Apr 10, 2017
RIP shun shun
Re: Female Corper Drowns In Swimming Pool In Enugu State by Daddybright1986(m): 2:30pm On Apr 10, 2017
Friends pray for me d death coper went swimming together with my elder brother who is batch A outgoing while he was batch B,my brother may b relist today by God grace....... Ogoja blood is clean,d don't know anything about his death....OP pls d death person is a young Yoruba guy not a gal pls....confirm your news first right now am in police division orji River
Re: Female Corper Drowns In Swimming Pool In Enugu State by DJMicky(m): 2:49pm On Apr 10, 2017
My experience with a swimming pool lo nlo lokan yen

When I told mummy about it, she was like
Laye laye ma tun je kin gbo pe o wo swiming pool.

But me I was like ...mo ti gbo ma.
Re: Female Corper Drowns In Swimming Pool In Enugu State by ejykzy: 2:53pm On Apr 10, 2017
She no sabi swim instead make she sidon dey look her frnds wey be fish family as dem de swim but she just wan go form for pool....RIP shaaaa
Re: Female Corper Drowns In Swimming Pool In Enugu State by Ifebazz(m): 2:53pm On Apr 10, 2017
exlinkleads:
National Youths Service Corps, NYSC, Enugu State has been thrown into mourning over the weekend following the drowning of a female corps members at a hotel swimming pool. The yet to be identified corps member allegedly drowned on Saturday at a hotel swimming pool at Ugwuoba community in Oji River Local Government Area of Enugu State.

According to Daily Post, the Enugu State Public Relations Officer (PPRO), Mr Ebere Amaraizu, (SP), who confirmed this in a statement on made available on Sunday, disclosed that the Command had arrested two persons in connection with the incident.

According to Amaraizu, “a group of National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) members had gone to a hotel at Ugwuoba in Enugu State identified as Hotel De Oranzi Resort, Agungwu Ugwuoba for swimming. “In the ensuing swimming rendezvous amongst the celebrating corps members, one of them whose name is yet to be established allegedly got drowned.

“She was later rescued and rushed to General Hospital, Amaku in Awka, Anambra State, (since Oji River Local Government Area shares boundary with Awka) for medical attention but was confirmed dead by the doctor on duty.”

Amaraizu said that the body of the deceased corps member had been deposited at the hospital morgue, adding that the police had intensified efforts to establish the full identity of the deceased corps member. “The two persons nabbed in connection with the incident are helping the police operatives in their investigation,’’ he said.

May her soul rest in peace

http://www.exlinklodge.com/2017/04/tragic-female-corps-member-drowns-in.html

So if somebody drowns in a swimming pool, it now is a homicide case?
Re: Female Corper Drowns In Swimming Pool In Enugu State by sirusX(m): 2:58pm On Apr 10, 2017
HRich:
Unblieveble, i think the Hotel management should be arrested if they fail to past beside the pool the deepness thereoff, Hotels shouldn't and don't have above 5fit deep pool, but if this one have more than that, it should be closed down..
Usually, they paste...and one is even expected to know
Although, some do have life guards/trainers stationed at the pool area
Re: Female Corper Drowns In Swimming Pool In Enugu State by muller101(m): 3:11pm On Apr 10, 2017
RIP.
Re: Female Corper Drowns In Swimming Pool In Enugu State by Originalsly: 3:36pm On Apr 10, 2017
Hmmm....she drowned and was later rescued and taken to the hospital. Wow! Was she drunk and wandered out into the pool?...or was she dashed into the pool all in the name of fun? Her colleagues need to be seriously questioned.
Re: Female Corper Drowns In Swimming Pool In Enugu State by Kingbuhari(m): 3:44pm On Apr 10, 2017
from water world she came from, nah from water she Don go back, why arresting suspects when you said she was drown... does it mean someone intentionally drown her or are u looking for scape goat bad reporting
Re: Female Corper Drowns In Swimming Pool In Enugu State by popsyleo1: 5:08pm On Apr 10, 2017
Who is the guy that took her there? Why going to swimming if you can not. Rip shaa I pity your people
Re: Female Corper Drowns In Swimming Pool In Enugu State by elobyobi: 7:32pm On Apr 10, 2017
exlinkleads:
National Youths Service Corps, NYSC, Enugu State has been thrown into mourning over the weekend following the drowning of a female corps members at a hotel swimming pool. The yet to be identified corps member allegedly drowned on Saturday at a hotel swimming pool at Ugwuoba community in Oji River Local Government Area of Enugu State.

According to Daily Post, the Enugu State Public Relations Officer (PPRO), Mr Ebere Amaraizu, (SP), who confirmed this in a statement on made available on Sunday, disclosed that the Command had arrested two persons in connection with the incident.

According to Amaraizu, “a group of National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) members had gone to a hotel at Ugwuoba in Enugu State identified as Hotel De Oranzi Resort, Agungwu Ugwuoba for swimming. “In the ensuing swimming rendezvous amongst the celebrating corps members, one of them whose name is yet to be established allegedly got drowned.

“She was later rescued and rushed to General Hospital, Amaku in Awka, Anambra State, (since Oji River Local Government Area shares boundary with Awka) for medical attention but was confirmed dead by the doctor on duty.”

Amaraizu said that the body of the deceased corps member had been deposited at the hospital morgue, adding that the police had intensified efforts to establish the full identity of the deceased corps member. “The two persons nabbed in connection with the incident are helping the police operatives in their investigation,’’ he said.

May her soul rest in peace

http://www.exlinklodge.com/2017/04/tragic-female-corps-member-drowns-in.html

That hospital has changed names twice in the last 10 years, first to Anambra State University Teaching Hospital and then to Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University Teaching Hospital. #justsaying
RIP to her sha
Re: Female Corper Drowns In Swimming Pool In Enugu State by cutelover19(m): 7:49pm On Apr 10, 2017
HRich:
Unblieveble, i think the Hotel management should be arrested if they fail to past beside the pool the deepness thereoff, Hotels shouldn't and don't have above 5fit deep pool, but if this one have more than that, it should be closed down..

Hello Mr,
If you had said the hotel management should be charged to court because they didn't provide a life guard at the pool, I'd have agreed with you.

But saying a pool shouldn't be deeper than 5 feet doesn't only display your ignorance, it also exposes your intellectual laziness. Next time, kindly take a moment to at least think or research before you type. I've been to so many pools, even abroad. Some pools are as deep as 13 feet. Have a good evening.
Re: Female Corper Drowns In Swimming Pool In Enugu State by onadana: 8:09pm On Apr 10, 2017
HRich:

Imagine? Close down the pool because it is deep. The person no get eye.If you can't swim remain in 4feet and bath.
Re: Female Corper Drowns In Swimming Pool In Enugu State by naturefellow(m): 8:17pm On Apr 10, 2017
Swimming pool. PPA? R.I.P
Re: Female Corper Drowns In Swimming Pool In Enugu State by HRich(m): 8:20pm On Apr 10, 2017
cutelover19:

Hello Mr,
If you had said the hotel management should be charged to court because they didn't provide a life guard at the pool, I'd have agreed with you.

But saying a pool shouldn't be deeper than 5 feet doesn't only display your ignorance, it also exposes your intellectual laziness. Next time, kindly take a moment to at least think or research before you type. I've been to so many pools, even abroad. Some pools are as deep as 13 feet. Have a good evening.

You talk as if you're talking to a kid, sorry I replied you
Re: Female Corper Drowns In Swimming Pool In Enugu State by cutelover19(m): 8:48pm On Apr 10, 2017
HRich:

You talk as if you're talking to a kid, sorry I replied you
Sorry about that, I was just trying to make a point. Cheers!
Re: Female Corper Drowns In Swimming Pool In Enugu State by collinometricx: 9:10pm On Apr 10, 2017
YelloweWest:
Corpers are just dying like rate these days
you say

1 Like

Re: Female Corper Drowns In Swimming Pool In Enugu State by Lancelott(m): 11:29pm On Apr 10, 2017
cutelover19:

Hello Mr,

You are misunderstanding him. He's right you know... an average hotel is only allowed five feet in Nigeria. but hotels have class.. as from 3 stars rating and above, you may go deeper but it has to be with a warning and life guard.
P S. the rules don't apply to club house pools, conference centre pools and tertiary institution's pools for sports
Re: Female Corper Drowns In Swimming Pool In Enugu State by naijafold(m): 11:57pm On Apr 10, 2017

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NYSC-UPDATE:for Those Who Miss The Nationwide Headcount(photo) / Corps Member Collapses During Swearing-in Ceremony In Jos (photo) / What Business Can I Do with N500k, Advice Pls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.