Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,495 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:12 PM

4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter (28149 Views)

4 Reasons Why You Should Not Travel At Night This Yuletide / Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter / 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter by Eastwalk(m): 8:10pm On Apr 10, 2017
obaino860:

it is now I know the reason why yoruba boys want to marry Igbo girls by all means
Excuse me am not a Yoruba boy, I only live in Ibadan
obaino860:

this same Lagos Ibadan express way..... sorry...
What can of fun do you catch there....
fun with those ugly looking smelling girl, covering head, leg and hand...no single club....God forbid, I can never step my leg back...
No single club like you can be so unserious angry for your information Ibadan has the second highest number of night club in Nigerian only second to Lagos

1&2 Mauve lounge, Ibadan (night club)

3&4 koko dome night club Ibadan

Re: 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter by Eastwalk(m): 8:12pm On Apr 10, 2017
obaino860:

it is now I know the reason why yoruba boys want to marry Igbo girls by all means
Igbo guys do marry Yoruba people too

Re: 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter by Krucifax(m): 8:15pm On Apr 10, 2017
metrosexual:
The only thing Owerri is known for its the rise of prostitution and cultism.

Especially prostitution, young and old are into it, you would be surprised to see a woman as old as your mum touching you and saying she wants to spend a night with you, I was shocked when I experienced this!

Then the young ladies are so into it too. The University students take it as a prerequisite course or something grin

The boom business in Owerri is building and owing hotels/motels and you should know why this is so.

For me, the place to be in Igboland is Enugu!

Perfect city! Affordable, clean place, nice road network, efficient inter-city transportation, well-planned city.

The first time I visited Enugu I was wowed! A 5k hotel in Enugu is up the standard of a 15K hotel in Abuja/Port Harcourt/Lagos.

And if your eyes love to see those fair and lovely skinned beautiful Igbo girls with natural beauty, you would see a lot of them in Enugu as well grin

Enugu still has lots of fun place to go to, I never knew they even had GAME stores in Enugu.

Enugu rocks! I would go there every weekend if I can!

You are a shameful example of why some disrespectful people insult the Great Igbo Tribe. You could have given us a nice narrative about Enugu WITHOUT first taking a swipe at Owerri. Prostitution is found everywhere from London to New York to Lagos to Owerri, Imo to Enugu. There are a great many other wonderful things about both Owerri and Enugu. Have some sense when you speak it'll stand you in good stead.

1 Like

Re: 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter by Charly68: 9:26pm On Apr 10, 2017
metrosexual:

Especially prostitution, young and old are into it, you would be surprised to see a woman as old as your mum touching you and saying she wants to spend a night with you, I was shocked when I experienced this!

Then the young ladies are so into it too. The University students take it as a prerequisite course or something grin

The boom business in Owerri is building and owing hotels/motels and you should know why this is so.

Perfect city! Affordable, clean place, nice road network, efficient inter-city transportation, well-planned city.

The first time I visited Enugu I was wowed! A 5k hotel in Enugu is up the standard of a 15K hotel in Abuja/Port Harcourt/Lagos.

And if your eyes love to see those fair and lovely skinned beautiful Igbo girls with natural beauty, you would see a lot of them in Enugu as well grin

Enugu still has lots of fun place to go to, I never knew they even had GAME stores in Enugu.

. Enugu was the former Eastern Capital,hence it was developed before any other cities in the zone
Re: 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter by fabre4: 9:51pm On Apr 10, 2017
metrosexual:

Shut up already or tell me of a state where students do not engage in prostitution
Re: 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter by UncutSk(m): 10:16pm On Apr 10, 2017
Eastwalk:
I really don't understand their definition of gigantic, Enugu landmass is 113 km2 while Owerri is 40.15mi2 which is approximately 100km2 when converted to km2 what's the bleeping difference between it
I was against his post
Re: 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter by goddasonik: 10:36pm On Apr 10, 2017
Krucifax:

You are a shameful example of why some disrespectful people insult the Great Igbo Tribe. You could have given us a nice narrative about Enugu WITHOUT first taking a swipe at Owerri. Prostitution is found everywhere from London to New York to Lagos to Owerri, Imo to Enugu. There are a great many other wonderful things about both Owerri and Enugu. Have some sense when you speak it'll stand you in good stead.
just imagine d efulefu
Re: 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter by Nobody: 10:36pm On Apr 10, 2017
byrron:

PH and Enugu are gigantic cities compared to one small hut called owerri with just wetheral Rd, Douglas, okigwe Rd, MCC Rd and world Bank as it's major components.

PH and Enugu are gigantic places when compared to owerri and this is fact based not illusions​.

Your took the words out of my mouth. Everything around Owerri revolves around Douglas and control. It's just a small pretty town with beautiful hotels. nothing more

1 Like

Re: 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter by obaino860: 10:49pm On Apr 10, 2017
Eastwalk:
Igbo guys do marry Yoruba people too

tell me another person, if not the two confused musicians....now tell me how they are living as brothers now...quarrelling among themselves, since those two yoruba women came into the house....perhaps...those ladies are same Old and ugly..covering their face with Indian pancake
Re: 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter by obaino860: 10:54pm On Apr 10, 2017
Eastwalk:
Excuse me am not a Yoruba boy, I only live in Ibadan No single club like you can be so unserious angry for your information Ibadan has the second highest number of night club in Nigerian only second to Lagos

1&2 Mauve lounge, Ibadan (night club)

3&4 koko dome night club Ibadan

So gifty is now living in ibadan
secondly.....were are those girls from...because I never meet their type at Ibadan...the only guys and lady that liter the whole of Ibadan are ugly Islamic looking girls
Re: 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter by Nobody: 10:58pm On Apr 10, 2017
Fifthcolumnist:

Your took the words out of my mouth. Everything around Owerri revolves around Douglas and control. It's just a small pretty town with beautiful hotels. nothing more
says who? Maybe for JJCs like you. It's only someone that doesn't know anywhere in owerri that will say this rubbish.

1 Like

Re: 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter by Nobody: 11:07pm On Apr 10, 2017
Fifthcolumnist:

I know all the nooks and crannies of each of those places so my comment was made from a position of knowledge.

1 Like

Re: 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter by moorme(m): 11:48pm On Apr 10, 2017
Goahead:
Ofe Owerri is an illusive idiom, used to express how foods are expensive in Owerri. There's nothing like ofe Owerri, Imolites can attest to my humble submission.

Sherrap dia. The least price you can get OFE OWERRI in any eatry wont be less than 1.5k.
So based on logistics, e cheap?

1 Like

Re: 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter by doctor306(m): 11:59pm On Apr 10, 2017
[quote author=metrosexual post=55442908]The only thing Owerri is known for its the rise of prostitution and cultism.

Guy forget that nonsence Ur saying Enugu has the highest number of irresponsible women in the entire igbo race both home and abroad
You can't find up to 50 good girls in enugu
They are the cheapest and easiest to brain wash
They like any body that is not from Enugu no matter how you are

Talk of cultism in enugu 70 % of their guys are cultists while 20 are born criminals

Its only in Enugu that u would see young men drinking from 6 am till 10 pm

1 Like

Re: 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter by Alitair(m): 12:15am On Apr 11, 2017
Goahead:
Ofe Owerri is an illusive idiom, used to express how foods are expensive in Owerri. There's nothing like ofe Owerri, Imolites can attest to my humble submission.
I refuse to agree. ofe owerri is real and can only be afforded if u have a fat pocket. ask and know
Re: 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter by Goahead(m): 12:21am On Apr 11, 2017
Alitair:

I refuse to agree. ofe owerri is real and can only be afforded if u have a fat pocket. ask and know
Could you mind posting pictures of it here undecided
Re: 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter by Pchidexy(m): 12:37am On Apr 11, 2017
Fifthcolumnist:

Just say what you know. Owerri revolves around control Kwa? Nawa for some idiots self.
Re: 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter by Pchidexy(m): 12:45am On Apr 11, 2017
byrron:

I know all the nooks and crannies of each of those places so my comment was made from a position of knowledge.
What's exactly your problem? You ve labeled Owerri girls as prostitutes as if prostitutes are not in Enugu city. Hypocrites re really unreasonable! Tufiakwa! Continue washing your dirty linen in public. Owerri is blessed to be surrounded by all Igbo towns. Nwanne leave matter. Hussle, and make money. Stop attacking fellow Igbos.
Re: 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter by Nobody: 1:17am On Apr 11, 2017
Pchidexy:
What's exactly your problem? You ve labeled Owerri girls as prostitutes as if prostitutes are not in Enugu city. Hypocrites re really unreasonable! Tufiakwa! Continue washing your dirty linen in public. Owerri is blessed to be surrounded by all Igbo towns. Nwanne leave matter. Hussle, and make money. Stop attacking fellow Igbos.

Can you pls quote the exact place where I said all you wrote up there?

See me see wahala ooo, where did you see prostitution and all those things you wrote up there on my comments on this thread?

Bros, knowing all the nooks and crannies of Owerri, PH & Enugu has nothing to do with all the prostitution stuff's you wrote up there.

This one na mistaken identity induced by highness from overnight palm wine oo.

Seems you are drunk and seeing double.
Re: 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter by Nobody: 1:43am On Apr 11, 2017
[quote author=doctor306 post=55458598][/quote]
Re: 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter by diva90: 2:55am On Apr 11, 2017
I miss owerri
Re: 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter by 2016v2017: 3:24am On Apr 11, 2017
Opinionated:
Owerri is located in the heart of Igboland in Eastern Nigeria. It is the capital of Owerri and one of the most tourists friendly state in that part of the country. As Easter beckons on us, so many people will be searching for destinations to visit and getaway. Jumia Travel, the leading online travel agency recommend that you include Owerri to your Itinerary. We share reasons why you visit Owerri during Easter.

You can fly to Owerri as they have the Sam Mbakwe Airport which is about 14 miles (23 km) south of the city. That is if you do not want to go by road.

There is so much to do

You must have heard about the statue of Jesus Christ in Imo State. It was modelled like the statue of Jesus Christ in Rio De Janeiro, Brazil. It is located at St. Aloysius Catholic Parish, Abajah and it has a height of 28ft. You can check out the statue. Besides the statue, you have the Oguta lake, Nekede Zoo, Owerri Amusement park, and Mbari Cultural and Arts Centre among others

It is inexpensive

You don’t need to break the bank to travel to Owerri. It is inexpensive to explore the many tourist attractions in the state. It is devoid of all the shenanigans of a typical city like Lagos. In fact, you can book a hotel for as low as 3,000. Wow!

Owerri is always animated during Easter

For Igbos who didn’t travel home in December, Easter is the only opportunity they have to go see his/her people. Hence, Owerri during Easter, Owerri is bubbly and lively and their hospitality and warmth won’t allow you to return to your abode.

Tasty Meals

The gastronomic endowments of Owerri are one of the best in South East Nigeria. You will salivate when they serve you the indigenous Ofe Owerri. This is the most widely eaten soup in Owerri and it is usually eaten alongside Akpu. Just ask a local to take you to the best restaurant in town for you to have a taste of this soup. You will lick your plate. In fact, without tasting this soup; your visit to Owerri is incomplete.

source: http://www.opinions.ng/4-reasons-visit-owerri-easter/

Re: 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter by jimmiedave(m): 6:52am On Apr 11, 2017
wait o, shey na owerri wey I do my NYSC for complete one yr na him dem dey describe like this?
am not understanding
hmmmmmmm, I comment my reserve

abeg wait make I talk this one, Rochas dey own me #120,000, monthly alawee we him tell the whole nija him dey pay kopa.
I still dey wait for alert oo
Re: 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter by Alitair(m): 8:07am On Apr 11, 2017
Goahead:
Could you mind posting pictures of it here undecided
I do mind.
Re: 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter by Pchidexy(m): 8:32am On Apr 11, 2017
byrron:

Can you pls quote the exact place where I said all you wrote up there?

See me see wahala ooo, where did you see prostitution and all those things you wrote up there on my comments on this thread?

Bros, knowing all the nooks and crannies of Owerri, PH & Enugu has nothing to do with all the prostitution stuff's you wrote up there.

This one na mistaken identity induced by highness from overnight palm wine oo.

Seems you are drunk and seeing double.
Sorry dude! Mistaken identity. I wanted to refer to one'metro naija or something like that'
Re: 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter by Nobody: 1:19pm On Apr 11, 2017
Pchidexy:
Sorry dude! Mistaken identity. I wanted to refer to one'metro naija or something like that'

grin
Re: 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter by creamylicious(f): 9:10pm On Apr 11, 2017
who's traveling to d east on Friday ooooo ... my transport money never complete . i wan do attache biko to reduce cost
Re: 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter by madelovskoes(m): 8:13pm On Apr 14, 2017
uncletorino:
For owerri meals cost no be small although the environment is good and pleasing to the sight except from Douglass road..its fun there anyway
Torino...lemme have your mail address here...or take. mine..olamisojimadewa@gmail.com
Re: 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter by Abiababe(f): 10:04pm On Apr 14, 2017
Please i need a place to stay for one month close to Alvan Ikoku College of Education so that I can finish up the course I began, please.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Visit To Laguna Beach In Lagos / A Question For Nigerians Living In Diaspora / JSS3 Student Crushed To Death By Tanker In Enugu (Graphic Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.