Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,748 members, 7,817,065 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:40 AM

Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) - TV/Movies (335) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) (696035 Views)

Group For Anime / Manga Lovers ✔️✔️ / Anime Lovers! I Need List Of Interesting Anime Series.. / A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) ... (754) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by vincentico(m): 12:45pm On Nov 03, 2020
nani667:
Sweet Episode ✔️
Trash episode
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by nani667: 12:56pm On Nov 03, 2020
undecided

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by donwizzy7: 1:30pm On Nov 03, 2020
nani667:
undecided
u're wasting your talent here when japan needs harem mangakas....what a shame!
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by nani667: 3:23pm On Nov 03, 2020
Episode 5 ★

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by CoolUsername: 3:23pm On Nov 03, 2020
DieRich5:
1. Pain nagato
2. Kakashi
3.naruto generation

Not the biggest Naruto fan but that Kakashi wallpaper is dope as hell.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by CoolUsername: 3:25pm On Nov 03, 2020
Kaycee7:
You read Houseki no Kuni? I've got a friend who's in love with that series.

Watched the anime. Started reading it but then lost my place when I switched manga apps. It's very very good.
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by CoolUsername: 3:27pm On Nov 03, 2020
nani667:
Episode 5 ★

Day 3 of No Nut November.

Deliver us from all evil.
And lead us not into temptation.

2 Likes

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by CoolUsername: 3:27pm On Nov 03, 2020
nani667:
undecided

Haha VPN go brrrrr

1 Like

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by donwizzy7: 3:32pm On Nov 03, 2020
CoolUsername:

Watched the anime. Started reading it but then lost my place when I switched manga apps. It's very very good.
the anime has been gathering dust here...is it worth the watch?

1 Like

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by CoolUsername: 3:38pm On Nov 03, 2020
Kaycee7:
I think it's more about the cultural disparity. There's a reason why most anime with decent English dubs are shows set in modern/post-modern worlds with a Western theme. While the worst dubs are from action shonen set in fantastical worlds with an Eastern theme.
The dub actors struggle, usually unsuccessfully, with translating the emotions and references from the Japanese style.
Most dub actors are also the ones working in the English animated series, too.

The Disastrous Life of Saiki K has a good English dub mainly because the voices fit the characters perfectly. However, dubbing companies don't go out of their way to ensure that the voices actually fit the characters. They just use whoever is available.

I can't really blame them though, would they be able to justify breaking the bank popular VAs like Tom Kenny or Tara Strong (seriously check their body of work)? The current system allows them to churn out poor quality dubs for people who don't like subs and still make a sufficient return on investment to pay the bills and keep making more trash.

2 Likes

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by CoolUsername: 3:39pm On Nov 03, 2020
donwizzy7:
the anime has been gathering dust here...is it worth the watch?

It was for me but since you're into more action-packed stuff I don't know about you.
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by donwizzy7: 4:06pm On Nov 03, 2020
CoolUsername:

The Disastrous Life of Saiki K has a good English dub mainly because the voices fit the characters perfectly. However, dubbing companies don't go out of their way to ensure that the voices actually fit the characters. They just use whoever is available.

I can't really blame them though, would they be able to justify breaking the bank popular VAs like Tom Kenny or Tara Strong (seriously check their body of work)? The current system allows them to churn out poor quality dubs for people who don't like subs and still make a sufficient return on investment to pay the bills and keep making more trash.
quite sad though...but you're right!
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Kaycee7(m): 4:09pm On Nov 03, 2020
CoolUsername:

Be nice, bro. See the heavyweights you're name dropping. grin grin
Fun Fact: Tara did dub work for Princess Mononoke and Spirited Away. Probably before she got expensive.

Can't deny that setting and theme plays a helpful role, though. Explains why they get lucky with the realistic shows than the fantastical ones.
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by donwizzy7: 4:24pm On Nov 03, 2020
CoolUsername:

It was for me but since you're into more action-packed stuff I don't know about you.
will give it a shot. Well I know its about those girls made out of crystal..and those arrow-shooting things coming from the moon to capture and harvest them.
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Thegamingorca(m): 4:53pm On Nov 03, 2020
DieRich5:
1. Pain nagato
2. Kakashi
3.naruto generation

Pein aka God path of the six paths of pain

A resurrected yahiko

1 Like

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by ladykilllar: 7:08pm On Nov 03, 2020
Just came across Sword of a stranger movie today. I find it difficult to believe that anime was made in 2007. The action scenes are very nice.
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by nani667: 7:53pm On Nov 03, 2020
Epic stuff... Naruto and Bleach vibes from this one...

Five episodes in and MC has already died... At this rate He will probably end up breaking Ichigo's death record undecided

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by donwizzy7: 8:30pm On Nov 03, 2020
Hi guys I know a guy who compiled the OSTs for several animes. Hail me if you need the link (its gdrive link).
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by donwizzy7: 8:36pm On Nov 03, 2020
nani667:

Five episodes in and MC has already died... At this rate He will probably end up breaking Ichigo's death record undecided
it's 24 episodes; dont give up yet.
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by DieRich5: 9:19pm On Nov 03, 2020
nani667:

y u post dis shit na, person Neva watch episode 5 and now I kn watsup.............so mc die nawao
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Nova15: 9:21pm On Nov 03, 2020
DieRich5:
y u post dis shit na, person Neva watch episode 5 and now I kn watsup.............so mc die nawao

No fret. Actor no dey die for film grin
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by DieRich5: 9:27pm On Nov 03, 2020
Nova15:

No fret. Actor no dey die for film grin
lol......actor day die o
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by randomShek: 9:28pm On Nov 03, 2020
donwizzy7:
Hi guys I know a guy who compiled the OSTs for several animes. Hail me if you need the link (its gdrive link).
I need
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by donwizzy7: 9:36pm On Nov 03, 2020
DieRich5:
really? I dwnld updates for my animes the very day they come out!
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by donwizzy7: 9:41pm On Nov 03, 2020
randomShek:
I need
you're going to love it!

Here's the link

https ://tinyurl .com/y4kop54m

(Remove the spaces)

Enjoy!
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by randomShek: 9:48pm On Nov 03, 2020
donwizzy7:
you're going to love it!

Here's the link

https ://tinyurl .com/y4kop54m

(Remove the spaces)

Enjoy!
You good bro. Already have most of them but I found some sweet gems

1 Like

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by donwizzy7: 9:51pm On Nov 03, 2020
DieRich5:
lol......actor day die o
u beta get ready now!

Noblesse...every Wednesday

Jujutsu Kaisen....every Friday

Soul land s02.......every Saturday

Golden Kamuy s03........every Monday
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by DieRich5: 9:54pm On Nov 03, 2020
donwizzy7:
really? I dwnld updates for my animes the very day they come out!
I get am BT I Neva watch am,bro anime full my fone and also normal film series and movies too....meh I weak here
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by donwizzy7: 9:56pm On Nov 03, 2020
DieRich5:
I get am BT I Neva watch am,bro anime full my fone and also normal film series and movies too....meh I weak here
well, it happens like dat sometimes; when you keep updating animes frequently, you forget to watch the previous ones until you're reminded.
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by DieRich5: 9:58pm On Nov 03, 2020
donwizzy7:
u beta get ready now!

Noblesse...every Wednesday

Jujutsu Kaisen....every Friday

Soul land s02.......every Saturday

Golden Kamuy s03........every Monday

I day watch all except soul land.........bro I get noblesse episode 1 to 4 I neva start am, currently watching golden k s2 e20
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by donwizzy7: 9:59pm On Nov 03, 2020
DieRich5:
d trick is to watch it 'fast fast', d way you chop HOT rice!

(1) (2) (3) ... (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) ... (754) (Reply)

Big Brother Titans (BBTitans) 2023: Live Updates Thread / Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.