Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,415 members, 7,815,936 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:24 PM

Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) - TV/Movies (415) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) (695399 Views)

Group For Anime / Manga Lovers ✔️✔️ / Anime Lovers! I Need List Of Interesting Anime Series.. / A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (412) (413) (414) (415) (416) (417) (418) ... (754) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by NoonMasamune: 11:01am On Jan 23, 2021
Isn't it funny that once a show becomes insanely popular people are quick to jump on the "ovverated" train? Correlation does not equal causation. I fell that people should add "in my opinion," before they use the ovverated tag

4 Likes

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by marsman: 11:06am On Jan 23, 2021
Kaycee7:
You can't say people are giving it undue credit with this. You can't claim a show is overrated just because you're not feeling it. This is why I said the word "overrated" has been bastardized.
People gave the Anime it votes based on how they felt about it, some gave their votes based on peer pressure. I gave it based on how i felt about, and how i enjoyed it. Look as a viewer, i am.not looking for technicalities or this and that. What i am Looking for is entertainment and if it does not suite my taste, i give my low review. I said it is overrated because, i see an anime that was 6/10 for me topping the Anime chart. That is my Opinion about it, and i used the word correctly.
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by marsman: 11:09am On Jan 23, 2021
NoonMasamune:
Isn't it funny that once a show becomes insanely popular people are quick to jump on the "ovverated" train? Correlation does not equal causation. I fell that people should add "in my opinion," before they use the ovverated tag
I am not forcing it on you bro, you think it is "great" fine, i think it is overrated.
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Kaycee7(m): 11:22am On Jan 23, 2021
marsman:

People gave the Anime it votes based on how they felt about it, some gave their votes based on peer pressure. I gave it based on how i felt about, and how i enjoyed it. Look as a viewer, i am.not looking for technicalities or this and that. What i am Looking for is entertainment and if it does not suite my taste, i give my low review. I said it is overrated because, i see an anime that was 6/10 for me topping the Anime chart. That is my Opinion about it, and i used the word correctly.
Read the definition you posted again. It says Not necessarily related to popularity. But your whole issue with the show is the popularity it has garnered.
You're using the word wrongly, even going by your own definition.
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by marsman: 11:27am On Jan 23, 2021
Kaycee7:
Read the definition you posted again. It says Not necessarily related to popularity. But your whole issue with the show is the popularity it has garnered.
You're using the word wrongly, even going by your own definition.
Firstly . Not necessarily does not mean it is exclusively not related to popularity. My point is that, people are giving it credits that it does not deserve. It is a medium anime, what the hell is it doing at the top of the chart.
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Kaycee7(m): 11:30am On Jan 23, 2021
marsman:

Firstly . Not necessarily does not mean it is exclusively not. My point is that, people are giving it credits that it does not deserve. It is a medium anime, what the hell is it doing at the top of the chart
Obviously, being at the top of the chart disproves your opinion that it's a medium anime.
And if you're going to claim it's "getting credit it does not deserve", you're going to have to provide objective points on why.

NB: "I am not feeling it" is not an objective point.
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by acekhalifa(m): 11:32am On Jan 23, 2021
wisemrtortoise:

alright I'll contact you end of this month so we can arrange how you can send it to ABJ
Let's hope I'll be around by then.
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by randomShek: 11:38am On Jan 23, 2021
iamNegro:
Do you think Eren can kill Levi?
Levi in his prime will decimate Eren but as it is, Eren is becoming OP and for Levi... not so much so it’s hard to say.

Depends on the situation I guess.
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by iamNegro(m): 11:42am On Jan 23, 2021
randomShek:
Levi in his prime will decimate Eren but as it is, Eren is becoming OP and for Levi... not so much so it’s hard to say.

Depends on the situation I guess.

"Eren as he is.." I have not seen the latest season. I am still waiting for the release to be complete, likewise Promise Neverland, Slime, Demon Slayer, etc.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by randomShek: 11:44am On Jan 23, 2021
iamNegro:

"Eren as he is.." I have not seen the latest season. I am still waiting for the release to be complete, likewise Promise Neverland, Slime, Demon Slayer, etc.
Levi wins in 15 seconds flat.

Oh, you’re also a binge watcher... niceee. Watching the animes of this season in bits is torture
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by marsman: 11:48am On Jan 23, 2021
Kaycee7:
Obviously, being at the top of the chart disproves your opinion that it's a medium anime.
And if you're going to claim it's "getting credit it does not deserve", you're going to have to provide objective points on why.

NB: "I am not feeling it" is not an objective point.
I don't care if it is no 1 on the world Chart. It will still be an average anime to me, when compared to the likes demon slayer and AOT.
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Kaycee7(m): 11:51am On Jan 23, 2021
marsman:

I don't care if it is no 1 on the world Chart. It will still be an average anime to me, when compared to the likes demon slayer and AOT.
Finally! "To you".
Well, to everyone else, it's right up there as one of the best shounen titles of this generation.
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by marsman: 11:53am On Jan 23, 2021
Kaycee7:
Finally! "To you".
Well, to everyone else, it's right up there as one of the best shounen titles of this generation.
Not only to me, go through the thread, people have agreed to its average title. I think it has something to do with the story line. It is not wack, but definitely not that good either.
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Kaycee7(m): 11:55am On Jan 23, 2021
marsman:

Not only to me, go through the thread, people have agreed to its average title. I think it has something to do with the story line.
Noted. "To you and them".
To everyone else, top tier shounen right there.
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by marsman: 11:57am On Jan 23, 2021
Kaycee7:
Noted. "To you and them".
To everyone else, top tier shounen right there.
To you and them who thinks an average anime is the best of all, top tier shounen right there.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Kaycee7(m): 12:01pm On Jan 23, 2021
marsman:

To you and them who thinks an average anime is the best of all, top tier shounen right there.
It's funny how this statement could very well be thrown at the Demon Slayer fanbase, too. grin grin

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by marsman: 12:03pm On Jan 23, 2021
Kaycee7:
It's funny how this statement could very well be thrown at the Demon Slayer fanbase, too. grin grin
You dare not dude, even you know that will be one of the biggest lies you have ever told your self.
Na overhyping dey use kill jujutsu, 6/10 anime, not bad, not that good either

1 Like

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Kaycee7(m): 12:10pm On Jan 23, 2021
marsman:

You dare not dude, even you know that will be one of the biggest lies you have ever told your self.
Na overhyping dey use kill jujutsu, 6/10 anime, not bad, not that good either
See your reaction just because someone implied your favorite anime is overrated. But you've been trashing on Jujutsu Kaisen and its fanbase all morning. Don't take what you can't dish.
Anyone can come online and also start shouting "Na overhyping they use kill Demon Slayer, 6/10 anime, not bad, not that good either"

Simply understand the fact that you don't like or are not feeling an anime does not automatically make it overrated.
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by marsman: 12:16pm On Jan 23, 2021
Kaycee7:
See your reaction just because someone implied your favorite anime is overrated. But you've been trashing on Jujutsu Kaisen and its fanbase all morning. Don't take what you can't dish.
Anyone can come online and also start shouting "Na overhyping they use kill Demon Slayer, 6/10 anime, not bad, not that good either"

Simply understand the fact that you don't like or are not feeling an anime does not automatically make it overrated.
Lol...No offence to the Jujutsu Family, I am just saying what i noticed about the overrated anime, which many have agreed with me on and outside this forum.
I don't belong to any fan base bro, i just enjoy good anime.
I can have my personal Opinion that something is Overrated, if it does not meet up to my standard of a good anime, but people feel Like it is the best. It is left for people to agree and disagree with me.

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by NoonMasamune: 1:22pm On Jan 23, 2021
marsman:

I am not forcing it on you bro, you think it is "great" fine, i think it is overrated.
marsman:
Jujutsu Kaizen is One over rated medium anime.

Then you should word it as such, not state it as a general fact
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by SniperAssassin: 1:52pm On Jan 23, 2021
Does anyone still get crap from non-anime watchers, with superiority complexes, that think anime is 'For Kids', and feel like Live-Action series are superior?

Cause to this day I still do.
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Nova15: 3:26pm On Jan 23, 2021
After 15 episodes, I can strongly say that Jujutsu Kaisen is overrated.

2 Likes

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by marsman: 3:48pm On Jan 23, 2021
NoonMasamune:

Then you should word it as such, not state it as a general fact
And the thing is that, you have no right to tell me how i voice out my opinion. I am not forcing you to agree.
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by marsman: 3:50pm On Jan 23, 2021
Nova15:
After 15 episodes, I can strongly say that Jujutsu Kaisen is overrated.
Agreed.

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by NoonMasamune: 4:23pm On Jan 23, 2021
marsman:

And the thing is that, you have no right to tell me how i voice out my opinion. I am not forcing you to agree.

You don't voice your opinion as fact dude you notify people that it is your opinion, based on your biases. you literally stated that an anime is ovverated like its a generaal fact. you should add thaits an opinion next time
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by marsman: 4:30pm On Jan 23, 2021
NoonMasamune:

You don't voice your opinion as fact dude you notify people that it is your opinion, based on your biases. you literally stated that an anime is ovverated like its a generaal fact. you should add thaits an opinion next time
Look, it is how i feel about the anime after watching it, i have seen people calling anime, trash here after watching it. Jujutsu kaizen is an overrated anime. I said it, so its my ranking, it can be the best on your list. You can either agree or Disagree, don't be telling me to watch how i criticize animes, i don't need your help ffs.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Kaycee7(m): 4:36pm On Jan 23, 2021
Came across these beautiful Sailor Moon art on Tumblr.

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by marsman: 4:48pm On Jan 23, 2021
Kaycee7:
Came across these beautiful Sailor Moon art on Tumblr.
Ugly kiss

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by iamNegro(m): 4:50pm On Jan 23, 2021
randomShek:

Oh, you’re also a binge watcher... niceee. Watching the animes of this season in bits is torture

That is the way forward oo. I prefer binge watching, than watching in bits. I really don't know why they made Levi (Human) powerful. Logic dictates that a Titan should be, especially the ones with consciousness.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Kaycee7(m): 5:01pm On Jan 23, 2021
randomShek:

Cliffhanger don hook us for The Promised Neverland cry

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by SniperAssassin: 5:34pm On Jan 23, 2021
Kaycee7:
Cliffhanger don hook us for The Promised Neverland cry
So you too trusted Sonju and Mujika. I always felt that they were too good to be true.
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Kaycee7(m): 5:45pm On Jan 23, 2021
SniperAssassin:

So you too trusted Sonju and Mujika. I always felt that they were too good to be true.
That's not a cliffhanger. That's a reveal. The cliffhanger is how the episode ended. Can't wait for the next episode.

(1) (2) (3) ... (412) (413) (414) (415) (416) (417) (418) ... (754) (Reply)

Big Brother Titans (BBTitans) 2023: Live Updates Thread / Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.