Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,737 members, 7,865,900 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 08:14 AM

Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) - TV/Movies (675) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) (717908 Views)

Group For Anime / Manga Lovers βœ”οΈβœ”οΈ / Anime Lovers! I Need List Of Interesting Anime Series.. / A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (672) (673) (674) (675) (676) (677) (678) ... (762) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by nani667: 6:41pm On Mar 01, 2023
Episode 7

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by nani667: 6:42pm On Mar 01, 2023
Episode 8

1 Like

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Baddestguyp(m): 6:44pm On Mar 01, 2023
Blueelf:

But really, tell me.

We're those two villains?

Just give me a taste abeg...
no
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by nani667: 6:44pm On Mar 01, 2023
Season 2 Episode 1

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by nani667: 6:45pm On Mar 01, 2023
Episode 8 🧨

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Blueelf: 8:05pm On Mar 01, 2023
Baddestguyp:
no

overrated seris as always then

1 Like

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Baddestguyp(m): 8:11pm On Mar 01, 2023
Blueelf:

overrated seris as always then
cry more

2 Likes

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Blueelf: 8:32pm On Mar 01, 2023
Baddestguyp:
cry more

even the main character is cryig at how shitty the series is

vinland saga all the way

2 Likes

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Baddestguyp(m): 8:34pm On Mar 01, 2023
Blueelf:

even the main character is cryig at how shitty the series is

vinland saga all the way
grin
More tears for you

2 Likes

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Blueelf: 10:02pm On Mar 01, 2023
Baddestguyp:
grin
More tears for you

must be really ainful for you

grin grin
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Brokeloser: 12:12am On Mar 02, 2023
Was this foreshadowing for zofia's death seeing as she was the first to die among her peers.

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Baddestguyp(m): 12:48am On Mar 02, 2023
Brokeloser:
Was this foreshadowing for zofia's death seeing as she was the first to die among her peers.
definitely so...
But not just Sofia....
I think it's bad luck to the warriors since Black Cats represent misfortune and it crossed all of them...

Meaning misfortune would happen to them

I'm amazed you saw this...since I've seen the show many times but never noticed this
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Baddestguyp(m): 1:38am On Mar 02, 2023
Why am I not surprised?

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Baddestguyp(m): 9:20am On Mar 02, 2023
1 day to go

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Baddestguyp(m): 10:11am On Mar 02, 2023
Mummy Mikasa

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Brokeloser: 10:15am On Mar 02, 2023
Baddestguyp:
definitely so...
But not just Sofia....
I think it's bad luck to the warriors since Black Cats represent misfortune and it crossed all of them...

Meaning misfortune would happen to them

I'm amazed you saw this...since I've seen the show many times but never noticed this
Isayama is a freaking genius,the amount of foreshadowing in this episode alone was insane.I don't know what he was on when wrote AOT but I'll definitely like to try it.
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Baddestguyp(m): 10:18am On Mar 02, 2023
Brokeloser:

Isayama is a freaking genius,the amount of foreshadowing in this episode alone was insane.I don't know what he was on when wrote AOT but I'll definitely like to try it.
funny how AOT was his first manga and he started when he was 18 years old

But I heard his editor liked his idea and told him to plan the entire story from start to end before they'll release any chapter...

So he spent over 2 years working on the story before even the first chapter was released...
That's why the story has such good foreshadowing

1 Like

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by IMAliyu(m): 10:41am On Mar 02, 2023
New chapters

1 Like

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Brokeloser: 11:08am On Mar 02, 2023
Baddestguyp:
funny how AOT was his first manga and he started when he was 18 years old

But I heard his editor liked his idea and told him to plan the entire story from start to end before they'll release any chapter...

So he spent over 2 years working on the story before even the first chapter was released...
That's why the story has such good foreshadowing
Just imagine he had he the misfortune to be born in Nigeria.Sapa and family and friends pressure for no let am discover him talent.Even if he discover am by mistake which Nigerian boss will give you time or be considerate to wait 2 years.

4 Likes

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by IMAliyu(m): 12:22pm On Mar 02, 2023
"The captain America who laughs" by tatsuki fujimoto

A reference to "the batman who laughs"

1 Like

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Baddestguyp(m): 12:30pm On Mar 02, 2023
Brokeloser:

Just imagine he had he the misfortune to be born in Nigeria.Sapa and family and friends pressure for no let am discover him talent.Even if he discover am by mistake which Nigerian boss will give you time or be considerate to wait 2 years.
comics don't sell in Nigeria...
Only one that did was Supa Strikas
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Brokeloser: 1:27pm On Mar 02, 2023
Baddestguyp:
Exactly my point! Who would have believed and invested in his idea.Everybody would have been on his neck telling him "go find work oo". He'd probably be writing half baked scripts for nollywood.
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by CoolUsername: 2:09pm On Mar 02, 2023
Brokeloser:

Exactly my point! Who would have believed and invested in his idea.Everybody would have been on his neck telling him "go find work oo". He'd probably be writing half baked scripts for nollywood.

Real. I remember reading the biography of Satoshi Tajiri, the creator of Pokemon. He worked on the game for 6 years with his friend, Ken Sugimori and some staff. The company almost went bankrupt, a lot of staff left and he had to move back in with his parents and live of their income because he couldn't take a salary.

Today, Pokemon is a multibillion dollar empire and Satoshi Tajiri is a billionaire. Imagine an autistic grown man living still with his parents while working on his dream project for 6 years in Nigeria. He'd probably be in some dead-end job or worse by now.

2 Likes

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by CoolUsername: 2:14pm On Mar 02, 2023
Baddestguyp:

Exactly, people don't read in Nigeria, especially guys. I think there may be an untapped market in the female audience, though. Teenage girls love their Wattpad and YA novels so I'm sure you could sell Webtoon-style comics to them with the right marketing.

2 Likes

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by CoolUsername: 2:16pm On Mar 02, 2023
When the fantasy manga hits to close to homeπŸ’€

1 Like

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Brokeloser: 2:29pm On Mar 02, 2023
CoolUsername:

Real. I remember reading the biography of Satoshi Tajiri, the creator of Pokemon. He worked on the game for 6 years with his friend, Ken Sugimori and some staff. The company almost went bankrupt, a lot of staff left and he had to move back in with his parents and live of their income because he couldn't take a salary.

Today, Pokemon is a multibillion dollar empire and Satoshi Tajiri is a billionaire. Imagine an autistic grown man living still with his parents while working on his dream project for 6 years in Nigeria. He'd probably be in some dead-end job or worse by now.
Them go use mouth finish you.Nobody go tell you to abandon your dream,go carry headpan for site.

Lord knows when I enter heaven I will make that bastard angel that sent me to Nigeria to suffer 600 lifetimes in this shithole.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Discountsempai: 4:06pm On Mar 02, 2023
Brokeloser:

Good point, but for every successful mangaka in Japan, there are several who never actually make it.

2 Likes

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Discountsempai: 4:08pm On Mar 02, 2023
Brokeloser:

In Japan too, he probably would have been told to 'work hard, pass exams, and after you graduate, work as a salaryman till you retire'. That's what a good Japanese boi does...the girls work for 2 -3 years, find a nice husbando, and then marry, resign and are told to go and bear kids. (although they be rebelling..lol).

Japan is a nice country, and some people make it there, but , like in many countries, it can be as conformist as Nigeria. Very conformist. And it is not easy to make it writing manga, light novels and so on. Like I said, there are probably many manga creators who don't make it in Japan. The ones that make it globally are even fewer (and some do it by luck...one manga series got a global audience simply because one American distributor picked an interest and published an English translation).

The manga and anime industry is filled with lots of underpaid and under resourced workers. Yes, many of the folks who draw your manga and anime are paid very low salaries. Animes don't get a decent budget (which is why it can take a very long time to see a second cour of an anime sometimes...if the money ain't there...). With that in mind...working as a salaryman from 6am to 12 midnight, with overtime till 2am looks attractive. You get paid every month.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Discountsempai: 4:10pm On Mar 02, 2023
Baddestguyp:

Comics CAN sell well in Nigeria (Wole Adenuga of Super story fame published and sold comics a lot in the 1970's 80's and 1990's....Ikebe Super and Super Story for adults, and from 1991/2 Binta for children ....and yes, some of the characters and storylines for his 'Super story' and Papa Ajasco tv programmes came from the comics...eg Ajasco junior had a comic strip in Binta for example)....but as you say, those days are long long gone.(And no it was not because of the economy...1980's Nigeria was very tough after 1982. Adiche's Americanah captures those days very well in the early chapters).

(Dang, I'm elderly! cheesy. Of course, I did not read them comics much...Ikebe super and Super story did have some adult themes, so my very pesky parents won't let us read them,,,and when Binta came out, and I asked them for money to buy a copy....they said NO. Even though Binta was mostly SFW!)
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Kaycee7(m): 5:30pm On Mar 02, 2023
MAPPA x Shinichiro Watanabe (Cowboy Bebop) cooking a short movie. Inject it inna me veins

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by CoolUsername: 6:00pm On Mar 02, 2023
Discountsempai:

In Japan too, he probably would have been told to 'work hard, pass exams, and after you graduate, work as a salaryman till you retire'. That's what a good Japanese boi does...the girls work for 2 -3 years, find a nice husbando, and then marry, resign and are told to go and bear kids. (although they be rebelling..lol).

Japan is a nice country, and some people make it there, but , like in many countries, it can be as conformist as Nigeria. Very conformist. And it is not easy to make it writing manga, light novels and so on. Like I said, there are probably many manga creators who don't make it in Japan. The ones that make it globally are even fewer (and some do it by luck...one manga series got a global audience simply because one American distributor picked an interest and published an English translation).

[b]The manga and anime industry is filled with lots of underpaid and under resourced workers. Yes, many of the folks who draw your manga and anime are paid very low salaries. [/b]Animes don't get a decent budget (which is why it can take a very long time to see a second cour of an anime sometimes...if the money ain't there...). With that in mind...working as a salaryman from 6am to 12 midnight, with overtime till 2am looks attractive. You get paid every month.

Surely not as underpaid as the average Nigerian degree holder.

Realistic speaking, not every manga artist will write for WSJ but there are several other magazines to write for. A manga publisher with a bi-weekly or monthly release schedule would be less soul-destroying work for. Heck, self-publishing is a huge thing in Japan, where do you think all the spicy doujins come from? πŸ˜‰

I agree that Japan's metropolitan work culture is hella toxic. However, compare that with Lagos' working hours and transit time compared with shxtty pay and lack of affordable and safe transport and healthcare and I know which one most of us here would pick.

And that bit about conformity where the guys work and the women raise kids. You're probably thinking that sucks (which it does in some cases) while I'm sitting here shocked that there are still countries where you can raise kids on a single middle class salary.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Discountsempai: 6:20pm On Mar 02, 2023
CoolUsername:

Surely not as underpaid as the average Nigerian degree holder.

It's bad. 200 dollars a month. That's for animators.

Realistic speaking, not every manga artist will write for WSJ but there are several other magazines to write for. A manga publisher with a bi-weekly or monthly release schedule would be less soul-destroying work for. Heck, self-publishing is a huge thing in Japan, where do you think all the spicy doujins come from? πŸ˜‰

Doujinshi don't earn too much cash. Most of them are sold at Comiket. Maybe some doujinsi writers (off the top of my head, the guy behind Scrapped Princess, the guy behind Monster Musume, and CLAMP) may make it big, but most...no.

I agree that Japan's metropolitan work culture is hella toxic. However, compare that with Lagos' working hours and transit time compared with shxtty pay and lack of affordable and safe transport and healthcare and I know which one most of us here would pick.

At least working in Nigeria, one is back at home by 7pm, maybe 8 pm (Lagos is not the whole of Nigeria...and part of the problem is Lagos's bad transport system. Now Tokyo has premium transport...yet people are coming home by 10 pm or later. And going to work by 6 am. Okay)

And that bit about conformity where the guys work and the women raise kids. You're probably thinking that sucks (which it does in some cases) while I'm sitting here shocked that there are still countries where you can raise kids on a single middle class salary.

Actually, child care in Japan is expensive. It's one of many reasons why their population is falling.

Maybe during the bubble economy times (1980's ) it was possible. But not anymore. It is very expensive to raise a child in Japan. And many women do work because ye cannot live on one salary (though traditionalist ideas still persist)

Incomes in Japan have been stagnant since the bubble economy burst in 1991...to the point that you cannot bring up a family on a salary, and while salaryman jobs are still there for life...most jobs are increasingly becoming partime.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (672) (673) (674) (675) (676) (677) (678) ... (762) (Reply)

Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) / Big Brother Titans (BBTitans) 2023: Live Updates Thread / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM)

Viewing this topic: CoolUsername

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.