Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,614 members, 7,813,012 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:08 AM

Lagos State Launches Helplines For Suicide Attempts - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos State Launches Helplines For Suicide Attempts (6832 Views)

15-Year-Old Boy: 'I Made 500 Bombs Used For Suicide Missions By Boko Haram' / List Of Helplines You Can Call If You’re In An Emergency / Buhari, APC Responsible For Rampant Suicide Attempts – PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos State Launches Helplines For Suicide Attempts by Braveryy(m): 7:47pm On Apr 10, 2017
I wonder how they want to cross all the hold up if I call them.
Re: Lagos State Launches Helplines For Suicide Attempts by eyinjuege: 8:00pm On Apr 10, 2017
Suicide is more than economic hardships faced, its a host of factors.

The young Dr that committed suicide, obviously from a good home, earns relatively well, unmarried with no financial obligations yet could not bear living in this world.
Suicidal thoughts is a major sign of depression. Atimes the trigger may just be something very minuscle.
A little pill goes a long way for some.
The helpline is a step in the right direction.
Some people just need some talking therapy and subsequent follow up.
Re: Lagos State Launches Helplines For Suicide Attempts by ephi123(f): 8:03pm On Apr 10, 2017
onetrack:
Suicide is actually a sign of a country's development. Many of the most developed countries have high suicide rates, at least they did until drugs were created to keep people from killing themselves.

That's very true. We're so developed, we've got great healthcare, security, employment. Very true.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Launches Helplines For Suicide Attempts by lukui: 8:28pm On Apr 10, 2017
Hmnn nairaland!!! Nigeria's archive of knowledge.
no matter what. its bad to commit suicide. I pray the Almighty will bear and provide for us all!!!
#GodblessNigeria and before I go ITS NOT ONLY GOVERNMENT'S WORK ( OKAY LETS ASSUME THAT GOVT HAS NOTHING TO OFFER) . WHO HAVE YOU HELPED TODAY? ASK YOURSELF. I AM NOT TALKING about MONEY. EVEN ADVICE SOMETIMES CAN PREVENT ANOTHER PERSON FROM SUICIDE! (I PRAY WE AS NIGERIANS WILL ONE DAY LEARN TO LOVE AND CARE FOR EACH OTHER) take Saudi and Dubai for example, their land is desert but every body from the whole world wants to go there. they like themselves. but Nigeria we have everything but want to bomb each other. (SOME PEOPLE WILL EVEN BE HAPPY IF THEY SEE SOMEONE THAT COMMITS SUICIDE)
#GODISWATCHING
Re: Lagos State Launches Helplines For Suicide Attempts by biafranbaby(m): 8:30pm On Apr 10, 2017
Too late. Awolowo is long gone.
Re: Lagos State Launches Helplines For Suicide Attempts by gracevile: 10:13pm On Apr 10, 2017
Keneking:
Provide jobs and reduce hardship see suicide missions disappear...

Useless government
if you give the world to people those who wan kill themselves go do. Meanwhile these is a good step in the right direction thumps
Re: Lagos State Launches Helplines For Suicide Attempts by Horus(m): 11:19pm On Apr 10, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLWc5IhOxhc

Is The Lagoon Responsible For Suicide Attempts in Lagos?

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Launches Helplines For Suicide Attempts by Wuzyurdaddy(m): 4:55am On Apr 11, 2017
I'm sorry but this initiative will only cause more harm than good, because most of the suicide attempts are monetary-motivated. . .
Re: Lagos State Launches Helplines For Suicide Attempts by okoliexpress: 8:29am On Apr 11, 2017
Really?
onetrack:
Suicide is actually a sign of a country's development. Many of the most developed countries have high suicide rates, at least they did until drugs were created to keep people from killing themselves.
Re: Lagos State Launches Helplines For Suicide Attempts by dami2boi(m): 10:38am On Apr 11, 2017
Good day all, i would also advice the Government to take a serious look at suicide bombing and how to curtail it too, because the way am seeing this pocket of suicide bombing in the North hmmm.., it is a matter of seconds, because i suspect they are here in our mix.

So at the above, I advice everyone to be careful and watchful, also prayerful.
cry

(1) (2) (Reply)

See the women leading the IPOB to behead Wike PHOTOS / Transforming Forest Into Homes, More Billions To Be Made: Obi Cubana / Insurgency: FG Commences Rebuilding Of Schools In Yobe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.