Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,048 members, 7,859,770 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 06:24 PM

Muslim Youth Kill Over 200 Pigs Belonging To Christian Women In Niger State - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Muslim Youth Kill Over 200 Pigs Belonging To Christian Women In Niger State (842 Views)

Zamfara Residents Flee As Gunmen Kill Over 40 During Attacks. Photos / Yandang Militias Attack Fulanis, Kill Over 30 Cows In Taraba (Photos) / Gunmen Shoot At Villagers In Zamfara, Kill Over 26 People. Graphic Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Muslim Youth Kill Over 200 Pigs Belonging To Christian Women In Niger State by Nobody: 5:03am On Apr 11, 2017
Kafinkoro community in Paikoro local government area of Niger state has been thrown into chaos following the killing of over 200 pigs belonging to women of the community by Muslim youth.

The pigs had over the weekend allegedly gone to a burial ground and dug up the remains of a five year old boy and made a lunch out of it.

The Muslim youth, on learning of the development took the matter to their leader, Alhaji Abubakar Mamman who rather than calling for caution gave the youth the green light to kill every pig at sight.

The Muslim youth thus went from home to home, slaughtering every pig after chasing away their women-owners with their swords and daggers.

They ended up killing over 200 pigs.

The husbands of the women and their sons were reportedly away to their farms as this was going down.

Not waiting for their husbands’ return, the women mobilised and gathered the remains of their slain pigs and with them in their shoulders invaded the home of the Alhaji Mamman who purportedly ordered their slaughter.

Alhaji Mamman thus fled his home.

It took the tear-gas of the state’s anti-riot policemen to disperse the women from the home of the fleeing Alhaji, but the tear-gas failed to douse the tension in the community as husbands and sons of the women continued protest over the slaughter of the farm animal on Sunday.

The state Deputy Governor, Alhaji Ahmed Ketso, while visiting the community called for calmness and asked the people not to take laws into their hands. He also mentioned that measures have been put in place to compensate those that were affected.

A leader of the women, Mrs Hanetu Abdila lamented that security operatives were nowhere to be found as the Muslim youth destroyed their means of livelihood.

“These boys come to house and beat us and nobody came to secure us. We need your assistance. We need security. Our women don’t have any other means of livelihood apart from those pigs.”

She cried.

Alhaji Mamman who purportedly ordered the slaughter has however denied being culpable.

“I’m pleading with those that were affected to take heart. I know that the whole blame will come to me, but we should try to live in peace with one another.”

He said, in a boring attempt at being the honourable peacemaker.

Earlier, the chairman of Paikoro local government, Mr John Makarfi called on the people to be law-abiding. He also disclosed that his office is working on compensating the pig owners.

Niger state Commissioner of Police, Mr Zubairu Muazu on Monday called a peace meeting in Minna to finally put an end to the crisis. The meeting which had Alhaji Mamman in attendance lasted for over three hours. The police however is yet to release an official statement.

The Senator representing Niger East Senatorial Zone where Kafinkoro is located, Mr David Umaru is yet to visit the community because of “serious security situations.”
“I want the people of Kafinkoro to know that I am with them at this trying moment, and that I share their pains though I was unable to access the communities yesterday due to serious security situations.”

He said in a statement.

https://ezeja.com/news/2017/04/11/muslim-youth-kill-200-pigs-belonging-christian-women-niger-state/
Re: Muslim Youth Kill Over 200 Pigs Belonging To Christian Women In Niger State by Yorubasgreat(f): 5:10am On Apr 11, 2017
Northern Muslim youths?

Yoruba Muslim youths can't even kill an ant but, they can down you with mouth shaa...

Re: Muslim Youth Kill Over 200 Pigs Belonging To Christian Women In Niger State by younghartz(m): 5:19am On Apr 11, 2017
Northern
Re: Muslim Youth Kill Over 200 Pigs Belonging To Christian Women In Niger State by Nobody: 5:22am On Apr 11, 2017
Pigs are dirty this that shouldn't associate with human, Pig is Haram
Re: Muslim Youth Kill Over 200 Pigs Belonging To Christian Women In Niger State by AyamConfidence(m): 5:52am On Apr 11, 2017
angry
Re: Muslim Youth Kill Over 200 Pigs Belonging To Christian Women In Niger State by segebase(m): 6:01am On Apr 11, 2017
bb
Re: Muslim Youth Kill Over 200 Pigs Belonging To Christian Women In Niger State by AyamConfidence(m): 6:02am On Apr 11, 2017
Yorubasgreat:
Northern Muslim youths?

Yoruba Muslim youths can't even kill an ant but, they can down you with mouth shaa...
I like Yoruba people especially when time to fight reach...they will first pull shirt (make e for nor tear) then they'll push your chest (fear no dey allow them slap so you no go change am for them) but if opponent vex slap first you go hear shout "yeeeee ahhhh o gba mi l'eti...ko in da fun iyalaya e" then if opponent slap again you'll see them running about to look for weapons... Even if they see gan, them no fit take am do anything

Na only to curse person mama them sabi

Yoruba boys...I hail ooo

Re: Muslim Youth Kill Over 200 Pigs Belonging To Christian Women In Niger State by kolaitan(m): 6:14am On Apr 11, 2017
Jeremiah 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

They kill both human and animal. What a loss to the owner, especially in a time like this.
Re: Muslim Youth Kill Over 200 Pigs Belonging To Christian Women In Niger State by SIRmanjar(m): 6:17am On Apr 11, 2017
I support the Muslim youths on dis one joor,,why shuld the pigs dem dig up a dead body ad eat it up?if na de farmers relation how dem go feel ad again Islam no like anytin pig.
Re: Muslim Youth Kill Over 200 Pigs Belonging To Christian Women In Niger State by Nbote(m): 7:32am On Apr 11, 2017
YorubaMuslims:

Pig is haram to U so must it b haram for everyone else? Abi name everybody b Muslim? In a multicultural and religious society like ours? Why did d moronic youth leader flee wen d women came for him.. Some of these northern youths are jus bunch of illiterates who jus want to b perpetual slaves to their so called leaders. Pig is haram but yet dey've succeeded in abusing every cough syrup in d market and even com up with new formulas to get high.. All dey want to do is get high, chant the names of their leaders and scream blue murder while going on violent rampage at d mention of anything religion..

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Youth Kill Over 200 Pigs Belonging To Christian Women In Niger State by blessedvisky(m): 9:28am On Apr 11, 2017
So 200 pigs ate 1 body??

Muslims are always looking for any slight excuse to cause rampage and wreck havoc.

Where were the security operatives when the youths were killing the pigs?
This narrative is too familiar. Fulani herdsmen will kill villagers, Burn houses, yet nothing will be heard from security operatives. Let there be the slightest retaliation from the victims, na so Soldiers and Police go rush down enmasse

This country is fvcked up big time
SIRmanjar:
I support the Muslim youths on dis one joor,,why shuld the pigs dem dig up a dead body ad eat it up?if na de farmers relation how dem go feel ad again Islam no like anytin pig.
Re: Muslim Youth Kill Over 200 Pigs Belonging To Christian Women In Niger State by fergie001: 9:37am On Apr 11, 2017
And u want to shove it down our throat to collect our land and dash dem for grazing abi?
We dont just cant tolerate one another.
F.uck U

Re: Muslim Youth Kill Over 200 Pigs Belonging To Christian Women In Niger State by pokipoki: 10:27am On Apr 11, 2017
YorubaMuslims:
That is to you. So keep it to yourself!!!!
Re: Muslim Youth Kill Over 200 Pigs Belonging To Christian Women In Niger State by pokipoki: 10:29am On Apr 11, 2017
blessedvisky:
So 200 pigs ate 1 body??

Muslims are always looking for any slight excuse to cause rampage and wreck havoc.

This narrative is too familiar. Fulani herdsmen will kill villagers, Burn houses, yet nothing will be heard from security operatives. Let there be the slightest retaliation from the victims, na so Soldiers and Police go rush down enmasse

Re: Muslim Youth Kill Over 200 Pigs Belonging To Christian Women In Niger State by pokipoki: 10:30am On Apr 11, 2017
blessedvisky:
So 200 pigs ate 1 body??

Re: Muslim Youth Kill Over 200 Pigs Belonging To Christian Women In Niger State by pokipoki: 10:31am On Apr 11, 2017
SIRmanjar:

The question is was it the 200 pigs that eat the little girl buried? If the corpse was properly buried - 6ft deep, would have the pigs exhumed and eaten the corpse?
Please think it well!!!
Re: Muslim Youth Kill Over 200 Pigs Belonging To Christian Women In Niger State by SIRmanjar(m): 10:49am On Apr 11, 2017
pokipoki:

The question is was it the 200 pigs that eat the little girl buried? If the corpse was properly buried - 6ft deep, would have the pigs exhumed and eaten the corpse?
Please think it well!!!
No be lie sha..Its just dat It's an eye sore to me seeing pigs roam around like goats,pigs shuld be trained indoors.
Re: Muslim Youth Kill Over 200 Pigs Belonging To Christian Women In Niger State by pokipoki: 12:30pm On Apr 11, 2017
SIRmanjar:

No be lie sha..Its just dat It's an eye sore to me seeing pigs roam around like goats,pigs shuld be trained indoors.
Hmmmm.

(1) (Reply)

Woman Buys Fish-pie In Port-harcourt And Sees This In It / Corpses Of 18 Soldiers, 30 Others Slain By Boko Haram Arrive Maiduguri / Ozubulu Killings - My Take

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.