Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,210 members, 7,822,080 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:54 AM

Big Puff Adder Killed Where I Was Clearing Land For Cultivation (Photos) - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Big Puff Adder Killed Where I Was Clearing Land For Cultivation (Photos) (49475 Views)

Farmland Available For Cultivation Of Your Desired Cashcrops# / After 7 Months Of Cultivation, Nigerian Soldier Harvests Her Rice (photos) / Yam Cultivation From Seedlings To Planting And Harvesting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Big Puff Adder Killed Where I Was Clearing Land For Cultivation (Photos) by stagger: 5:33pm On Apr 11, 2017
OlajumokeBread:

Who's this guy ??

This is a python not Puff adder

Puff adder can get this big

The igbo name for puff adder is Echi eteka (tomorrow is too late) because of how venomous the bite is

This is a python

WRONG!
That is a gaboon viper. They are typically large and move very slowly.

The snake called echi eteka is a very short, black snake. I have seen dead ones several times.

3 Likes

Re: Big Puff Adder Killed Where I Was Clearing Land For Cultivation (Photos) by lonelydora: 5:34pm On Apr 11, 2017
This is called "Echi eteka" in Igbo.
Re: Big Puff Adder Killed Where I Was Clearing Land For Cultivation (Photos) by Nobody: 5:42pm On Apr 11, 2017
Dear dear that thing is a fat a*se snake shocked
Re: Big Puff Adder Killed Where I Was Clearing Land For Cultivation (Photos) by logica(m): 5:42pm On Apr 11, 2017
SalamRushdie:
Na Gaboon viper you wan go chop so? Be careful that snake is filled with so much venom , you are really luck it didnt bite you if not na die for get you straight..its a very wicked Viper and they dislike capitivity more than any other snake on earth
The venom of a snake is all in the head (gland) and no where else. A venomous snake can therefore be eaten no matter the strength of the venom. There is a difference between poisonous creatures (some toads, pufferfish etc) and venomous ones.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Big Puff Adder Killed Where I Was Clearing Land For Cultivation (Photos) by fm7070: 5:45pm On Apr 11, 2017
This snake doesn't see in the afternoon. Am I correct?
Re: Big Puff Adder Killed Where I Was Clearing Land For Cultivation (Photos) by Heavance(m): 6:02pm On Apr 11, 2017
OlajumokeBread:

Who's this guy ??

The igbo name for puff adder is Echi eteka (tomorrow is too late) because of how venomous the bite is

This is a python
It's not a python, look closely again.

1 Like

Re: Big Puff Adder Killed Where I Was Clearing Land For Cultivation (Photos) by Nobody: 6:27pm On Apr 11, 2017
Its not a python.The poisonous ones like this one have a thick, short body and pointed tail and head.

Watch out for its kids shocked

# I saw one such labeled Gabon Viper at a snake park the other day smiley
Re: Big Puff Adder Killed Where I Was Clearing Land For Cultivation (Photos) by Milestonez: 6:28pm On Apr 11, 2017
Baroba:

Based on Logi, i think its a Gaboon viper..

U are very correct.....be like say u dey watch nat geo wild.....
Re: Big Puff Adder Killed Where I Was Clearing Land For Cultivation (Photos) by praisekeyzz(m): 6:49pm On Apr 11, 2017
Ncsamuel:
Sorry oh. Am new here o. Whenever there is a snake thread ppl will be asking for one lala... Pls who is LALASTICLALA.?can someone explain his case with snakes?
ur wecm o. It's nothing serious tho, lala is just d king of snakes! @d mention of lala, snakes bow. A lot my dear! Jus keep calm u'll soon notice Wat m tokin bout
Re: Big Puff Adder Killed Where I Was Clearing Land For Cultivation (Photos) by Sleekydee(m): 7:11pm On Apr 11, 2017
OlajumokeBread:

Who's this guy ??

This is a python

Py what? chai...chimoooo!!! see as u just embarrassed urself...the apostle must hear this...common delete this bfor i com bk

3 Likes

Re: Big Puff Adder Killed Where I Was Clearing Land For Cultivation (Photos) by Sleekydee(m): 7:23pm On Apr 11, 2017
Ncsamuel:
Sorry oh. Am new here o. Whenever there is a snake thread ppl will be asking for one lala... Pls who is LALASTICLALA.?can someone explain his case with snakes?

smartkester:
samething i have been wondering too o... Who is this lalasticlala they are always shouting about whenever they post snakes

Lala is like what pple will call transportation, or commonly known as Logistics at the moment, his specialty or favorable mode of transporting is Teleportation. now u will wonder, whr does he go, right? FP( Front Page).

this is whr is gets interesting....to embark on dis celestial teleportation based on logistics journey with him, u need no more or kind payment, all u need is a REPTILE(preferably Snake and dead), Monitor lizard and rodents(big ones also work)

SUMMARY:
Topic: Who is LALA
ANSWER: LOGISTICS GUY
DESTINATION: FP
PASSWORD: SNAKE

3 Likes

Re: Big Puff Adder Killed Where I Was Clearing Land For Cultivation (Photos) by brojoshua: 7:31pm On Apr 11, 2017
The snake is viper I believe
Re: Big Puff Adder Killed Where I Was Clearing Land For Cultivation (Photos) by smartkester(m): 8:02pm On Apr 11, 2017
Sleekydee:

Lala is like what pple will call transportation, or commonly known as Logistics at the moment, his specialty or favorable mode of transporting is Teleportation. now u will wonder, whr does he go, right? FP( Front Page).

this is whr is gets interesting....to embark on dis celestial teleportation based on logistics journey with him, u need no more or kind payment, all u need is a REPTILE(preferably Snake and dead), Monitor lizard and rodents(big ones also work)

SUMMARY:
Topic: Who is LALA
ANSWER: LOGISTICS GUY
DESTINATION: FP
PASSWORD: SNAKE
ogbeni i don't get you.. Am new on nairaland.. So i don't know any lala and no idea of what you saying
Re: Big Puff Adder Killed Where I Was Clearing Land For Cultivation (Photos) by TheNathan(m): 8:11pm On Apr 11, 2017
grin lala be like

Re: Big Puff Adder Killed Where I Was Clearing Land For Cultivation (Photos) by Baroba(m): 9:00pm On Apr 11, 2017
OP, you will be well advised to buy Wellington work boots .. If you get hit by one of these; God forbid, pray there is an anti venom around you..This been Naija I won't hold my breath...

1 Like

Re: Big Puff Adder Killed Where I Was Clearing Land For Cultivation (Photos) by bengg: 9:38pm On Apr 11, 2017
lalaaaaaa we fill like eenhheee. gbefun. my food is ready

Re: Big Puff Adder Killed Where I Was Clearing Land For Cultivation (Photos) by nams77: 9:59pm On Apr 11, 2017
OlajumokeBread:

Who's this guy ??

This is a python
My friend, this is not Python. Google pix of Python. That snake right there is a viper.

1 Like

Re: Big Puff Adder Killed Where I Was Clearing Land For Cultivation (Photos) by drdanny(m): 7:02am On Apr 12, 2017
That's one fat a55 Gaboon viper.. Docile but deadly! This dude is just lucky it didn't bite him. When it bites, it clamps down and injects enough venom.

This is very large men!!!
Re: Big Puff Adder Killed Where I Was Clearing Land For Cultivation (Photos) by davidque007(m): 7:07am On Apr 12, 2017
Something is wrong with this picture. Puff adders are never this big, Photoshop tins . That guy wouldn't be able to kill a puff adder that size
Re: Big Puff Adder Killed Where I Was Clearing Land For Cultivation (Photos) by Emerituz(m): 7:56am On Apr 12, 2017
Hmnn... I no too like snake i dey only chop the flesh but no dey chop its intestines
Re: Big Puff Adder Killed Where I Was Clearing Land For Cultivation (Photos) by jaymejate: 8:09am On Apr 12, 2017
Stop killing some of this endangered species please.

Lalasticlala, seun limit these type of posts on FP and lets people also see that it's not all animals that you kill.
Please not all animals are to be killed
Some are even killing and displaying it just to make FP. It's unfair!

Preserve Them and safe the Ecosystem
Re: Big Puff Adder Killed Where I Was Clearing Land For Cultivation (Photos) by UjSizzle(f): 10:38am On Apr 12, 2017
Mynd44:
I am sure ujsizzle sees a lovely shoe and bag right there grin grin grin
See your head like white star apple grin
Re: Big Puff Adder Killed Where I Was Clearing Land For Cultivation (Photos) by ChristyB(f): 10:49am On Apr 12, 2017
WHY DID YOU KILL IT??
Re: Big Puff Adder Killed Where I Was Clearing Land For Cultivation (Photos) by jaybee3(m): 10:55am On Apr 12, 2017
UjSizzle:

See your head like white star apple grin

abeg wetin be the dimension or na freeway head he been get?
Re: Big Puff Adder Killed Where I Was Clearing Land For Cultivation (Photos) by Nobody: 4:58pm On Apr 12, 2017
smartkester:
samething i have been wondering too o... Who is this lalasticlala they are always shouting about whenever they post snakes

You mean you don't know Lalasticlala
Wait for the next snake thread.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Indian Garri Being Sold In Nigerian Supermarkets (Photos) / This Is Bush Rat, Alligator, Grasscutter, Rabbit And Reptile TRAP / 17 Health Benefits Of Ewe Akintola, CHROMOLAENA ODORATA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.