Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,631 members, 7,809,354 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:14 AM

Ajayi Crowther University VC Shuts School After Students Poured Him Water - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ajayi Crowther University VC Shuts School After Students Poured Him Water (31928 Views)

Pupils Drag Their Classmate To School After He Refused To Attend Classes(photos) / Ajayi Crowther University VC Blast Parents And Students In Open Letter / Bauchi Secondary School Closed After Students Held Wedding Among Themselves (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ajayi Crowther University VC Shuts School After Students Poured Him Water by myners007: 10:23am On Apr 12, 2017
a good one
Re: Ajayi Crowther University VC Shuts School After Students Poured Him Water by ShitHead(m): 10:23am On Apr 12, 2017
Water? Not even Acid.
Re: Ajayi Crowther University VC Shuts School After Students Poured Him Water by Nobody: 10:24am On Apr 12, 2017
lol
Re: Ajayi Crowther University VC Shuts School After Students Poured Him Water by Nobody: 10:24am On Apr 12, 2017
ShitHead:
d
lol too late bro, you in the ladies room
Re: Ajayi Crowther University VC Shuts School After Students Poured Him Water by lawalosky(m): 10:26am On Apr 12, 2017
Good for them, iriot!!!!
Re: Ajayi Crowther University VC Shuts School After Students Poured Him Water by ShitHead(m): 10:26am On Apr 12, 2017
Rayhandrinni:
lol too late bro, you in the ladies room

Hahaha...holy idiot.
Re: Ajayi Crowther University VC Shuts School After Students Poured Him Water by Nobody: 10:27am On Apr 12, 2017
Is it a public university
Re: Ajayi Crowther University VC Shuts School After Students Poured Him Water by ChubbychummyICE(f): 10:29am On Apr 12, 2017
Omg! Dey were only forced to go on holiday, during holiday period, I finished from dat sch nd dat sch is a school wia dias so much discipline, I dunno what has come over d students now, dey are becoming so unruly nw, why would u on earth pour junks nd water on a mog and d no. 1 of d school, it's not tolerated o. I just hope things get back under control in dis sch...

2 Likes

Re: Ajayi Crowther University VC Shuts School After Students Poured Him Water by ChubbychummyICE(f): 10:30am On Apr 12, 2017
Joavid:
Is it a public university
No private
Re: Ajayi Crowther University VC Shuts School After Students Poured Him Water by Didov(f): 10:38am On Apr 12, 2017
lol...jst pure water!....if it nw something more serious like stone nw,what wil he do...lol
Re: Ajayi Crowther University VC Shuts School After Students Poured Him Water by BABANGBALI: 10:40am On Apr 12, 2017
I'm so happy he shut down the school,now I can go back to my yahoo yahoo business
Re: Ajayi Crowther University VC Shuts School After Students Poured Him Water by BABANGBALI: 10:41am On Apr 12, 2017
Didov:
lol...jst pure water!....if it nw something more serious like stone nw,what wil he do...lol
na to kill us nau
Re: Ajayi Crowther University VC Shuts School After Students Poured Him Water by Smooyis(m): 10:43am On Apr 12, 2017
Gross act of indiscipline. They should be well punished to serve as a deterrent to others.
Re: Ajayi Crowther University VC Shuts School After Students Poured Him Water by Akinaukwa: 10:45am On Apr 12, 2017
But how beautiful is the female student that they were fighting over? Is she Dangote's daughter or made of gold? A student sits for JAMB and denied admission we complain, he is eventually offered admission with parents paying through their nose to see him thru his academics only for him to get involved in useless fight over a lady. Bunch of unserious students.

3 Likes

Re: Ajayi Crowther University VC Shuts School After Students Poured Him Water by profhezekiah: 10:49am On Apr 12, 2017
TheVictorious:

Exactly what I'm saying about putting discipline in place, but I still however continue to maintain maintain that that can be done without bringing academic activities to a halt. A working system is supposed to be higher than every individual, including the VC.
what are U saying can this happem in a govt school,where mere provost of a college of edu carry gun and shot it into the air when he got to sch
Re: Ajayi Crowther University VC Shuts School After Students Poured Him Water by repogirl(f): 11:08am On Apr 12, 2017
Expulsion straight, no need for any disciplinary committee, expel the whole hostel sef if possible..... Thats how they tamed us back then in my Uni. Who born you well to pour water on Aunty philo?

2 Likes

Re: Ajayi Crowther University VC Shuts School After Students Poured Him Water by donasere(m): 11:15am On Apr 12, 2017
ChubbychummyICE:
Omg! Dey were only forced to go on holiday, during holiday period, I finished from dat sch nd dat sch is a school wia dias so much discipline, I dunno what has come over d students now, dey are becoming so unruly nw, why would u on earth pour junks nd water on a mog and d no. 1 of d school, it's not tolerated o. I just hope things get back under control in dis sch...

Fellow alumnus when did you finish.....

Things have actually changed a lot in that school......

But what I'll always stand by is... previous VC treated students as adults as against this current dude...

We all know the story of the former registrar who was stoned with pure water.

When extreme and unreasonable rules are meted out to students of a university there is always a possibility of rebellion.

Am actually surprised it dint happen since...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ajayi Crowther University VC Shuts School After Students Poured Him Water by Philinho(m): 11:19am On Apr 12, 2017
TheVictorious:

Really. Even though I subscribe to thorough discipline and punishment for uncultured and regrettable acts as such but I don't think it is good to shut down the school. You can't shut down a whole school over issues like this. If you do so, you make the whole school to suffer for the action of one individual. Serious schools must try as much as possible not to halt academic activities. Especially when it's a private school like this, what is their selling point? As a new private school for what single reason should a prospective Jambite with good grades choose them over other schools, especially their state and federal counterparts. I really think they should rethink!
so they should start killing first abi
Re: Ajayi Crowther University VC Shuts School After Students Poured Him Water by donasere(m): 11:20am On Apr 12, 2017
repogirl:
Expulsion straight, no need for any disciplinary committee, expel the whole hostel sef if possible..... Thats how they tamed us back then in my Uni. Who born you well to pour water on Aunty philo?

Hhahaha.... if the expel the two hostels the school should kuku close na....

Who go remain for the school?...

Abeg... dem go expel like 20people.... and suspend 10.... of the twenty 7go get leg.... so they will revert the expulsion to suspension...

Only acu peeps will know this!
Re: Ajayi Crowther University VC Shuts School After Students Poured Him Water by ohluwanome(m): 11:24am On Apr 12, 2017
donasere:

Hhahaha.... if the expel the two hostels the school should kuku close na....

Who go remain for the school?...

Abeg... dem go expel like 20people.... and suspend 10.... of the twenty 7go get leg.... so they will revert the expulsion to suspension...

Only acu peeps will know this!
True talk

1 Like

Re: Ajayi Crowther University VC Shuts School After Students Poured Him Water by lebete3000: 11:26am On Apr 12, 2017
Bollinger:

Are you sure you are Nigerian? Comments and this kind of logic don't usually come from the average Nigerian. Seriously, are you one? If so, you need to get out of that country. They will dull you brain/mind over time.

Lmao! I swear down Bro. Serious dulling.

1 Like

Re: Ajayi Crowther University VC Shuts School After Students Poured Him Water by tjskii(f): 11:31am On Apr 12, 2017
What kind of English is "poured him water" #sigh#
Re: Ajayi Crowther University VC Shuts School After Students Poured Him Water by NoToPile: 11:40am On Apr 12, 2017
Is it the same Prof Dapo Asaju that was once chaplain at LASU?

If the same person, he's actually quite a disciplined and easy going fellow.
Re: Ajayi Crowther University VC Shuts School After Students Poured Him Water by aribisala0(m): 11:43am On Apr 12, 2017
femi4:
Which kain English be dis lala

Poured him water or Poured water on him
It's the English of those jangolova saying kids who are fed on karosin cooked food
Re: Ajayi Crowther University VC Shuts School After Students Poured Him Water by Nobody: 11:49am On Apr 12, 2017
NoToPile:
Is it the same Prof Dapo Asaju that was once chaplain at LASU?

If the same person, he's actually quite a disciplined and easy going fellow.

That right there is the perfect description of Asaju. Oneof the rare ones that will mingle and try to help students. I know him from LASU too.
Re: Ajayi Crowther University VC Shuts School After Students Poured Him Water by dayleke: 11:51am On Apr 12, 2017
Students "poured him water"?

LoL
Re: Ajayi Crowther University VC Shuts School After Students Poured Him Water by TheVictorious(m): 12:00pm On Apr 12, 2017
Keneking:
Nigerian universities sef cry

"Prof Asaju was so angry that he cursed them and vowed to take action"..Prof Ajayi Crowther sef

This and many other related issues are why they call private universities glorified secondary schools. I don't think it's a good one.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ajayi Crowther University VC Shuts School After Students Poured Him Water by TheVictorious(m): 12:05pm On Apr 12, 2017
YelloweWest:
I almost though my daughter was lying when she said I'm coming back home because vc shut down the school.

Why must he punish all students just because of a few bad ones??

I am still finding it hard to believe it myself. We must outgrow this kind of setting in Nigeria, which has also been the bane of national development in political/ national governance; where so much power is vested on an "infallible "individual as against protecting the infallibility of an established system, such that he/she can just do and undo at the slightest provocation; not minding what will result for the system.

1 Like

Re: Ajayi Crowther University VC Shuts School After Students Poured Him Water by TheVictorious(m): 12:12pm On Apr 12, 2017
Tazdroid:
Some students and their unrefined attitude should not be taken lightly. What if the VC who's the highest authority in the cadre of school administration was drenched in some harmful chemical agent. Would some people be contesting the decision to temporarily shut down the school or pray that the culprits are brought to book and the VC recovers rapidly? This is gross indiscipline and should be treated very seriously.

True words bro. True words, I'm not against bringing such students to book, what I don't understand is halting academic activities. If they have to go this far to bring them to book, it means the authority can't handle them. The system put in place can't manage such amount of students. Perhaps, something should be done about that, by either over-haulage of their admission process, unacademic training sessions/classes, conducting character assessment tests, raising the academic expentancy level and getting rid of bad eggs without wasting time.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Types Of People At A Secondary School Reunion / Man Dresses Like Female Student To Win SUG Election At Anambra State University / UNIBEN - 2016/2017 Postgraduate Application Form Is Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.