Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,158 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:06 PM

Ajayi Crowther University VC Shuts School After Students Poured Him Water - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ajayi Crowther University VC Shuts School After Students Poured Him Water (31952 Views)

Pupils Drag Their Classmate To School After He Refused To Attend Classes(photos) / Ajayi Crowther University VC Blast Parents And Students In Open Letter / Bauchi Secondary School Closed After Students Held Wedding Among Themselves (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ajayi Crowther University VC Shuts School After Students Poured Him Water by TheVictorious(m): 12:17pm On Apr 12, 2017
oluseyiforjesus:
What if it was Acid?

It would have been worse but right now they need to tighten their checks because such a student that will perform such regrettable act wouldn't have hesitated to spill acid if he had access to it. What is perhaps he and other of his likes had access to gun, something has to be done immediately to put checks in place, so they don't have to wait next time till a student err to that level to mete out punishment!
Re: Ajayi Crowther University VC Shuts School After Students Poured Him Water by TheVictorious(m): 12:24pm On Apr 12, 2017
Tazdroid:

A group of wretched punks soaked the VC like eba in okro, not just some junior lecturer. I think that was the best reaction because like the news says, "some yet to be identified persons" are responsible. What would you have done if you were in that position?

Isn't it true that students are returning home. Wasn't the school just shut down to punish the students concerned. Was it just a pause in academic activities or holding a general university assembly to conduct search, investigation on concerned students. Pls help me.

1 Like

Re: Ajayi Crowther University VC Shuts School After Students Poured Him Water by TheVictorious(m): 12:25pm On Apr 12, 2017
femi4:
Which kain English be dis lala

Poured him water or Poured water on him

No vex bro. we dey manage space and words too!
Re: Ajayi Crowther University VC Shuts School After Students Poured Him Water by TheVictorious(m): 12:27pm On Apr 12, 2017
Bollinger:

Are you sure you are Nigerian? Comments and this kind of logic don't usually come from the average Nigerian. Seriously, are you one? If so, you need to get out of that country. They will dull you brain/mind over time.

I'm a Nigerian. "You don't have to be white to be right" - Dr. David Oyedepo.
Re: Ajayi Crowther University VC Shuts School After Students Poured Him Water by TheVictorious(m): 12:29pm On Apr 12, 2017
Joavid:
Is it a public university
No, Private!
Re: Ajayi Crowther University VC Shuts School After Students Poured Him Water by TheVictorious(m): 12:31pm On Apr 12, 2017
profhezekiah:
what are U saying can this happem in a govt school,where mere provost of a college of edu carry gun and shot it into the air when he got to sch

I don't understand you sir.
Re: Ajayi Crowther University VC Shuts School After Students Poured Him Water by TheVictorious(m): 12:32pm On Apr 12, 2017
repogirl:
Expulsion straight, no need for any disciplinary committee, expel the whole hostel sef if possible..... Thats how they tamed us back then in my Uni. Who born you well to pour water on Aunty philo?

Yes I'm also of the opinion that perpetrators of such act should be expelled immediately!
Re: Ajayi Crowther University VC Shuts School After Students Poured Him Water by TheVictorious(m): 12:41pm On Apr 12, 2017
Philinho:

so they should start killing first abi

No sir, why not try to understand my point of view without reading a bias into it. I am not in anyway trying to throw shades or cast aspersions, let us learn to tell simple truths.So you mean there's no way this issue can be handled without shutting down the school? I don't think it's a good idea. Let us watch and see whether the students will return from the indefinite break better of. For your information, I am a private school graduates and a big fan of private schools because I believe in the potential they hold in correcting the continuously aggravating state of education and public morals in Nigeria. The strength of leadership and depth of management is in occurences that hamper law and order.
Re: Ajayi Crowther University VC Shuts School After Students Poured Him Water by TheVictorious(m): 12:43pm On Apr 12, 2017
tjskii:
What kind of English is "poured him water" #sigh#

space conservation english. No vex!
Re: Ajayi Crowther University VC Shuts School After Students Poured Him Water by onyxo76(m): 1:01pm On Apr 12, 2017
And yet someone will still support this act of those students, maybe they are used to pouring water on their parents at home too, awon omo jati jati.
Re: Ajayi Crowther University VC Shuts School After Students Poured Him Water by Blonchilli(m): 1:05pm On Apr 12, 2017
Bollinger:

Are you sure you are Nigerian? Comments and this kind of logic don't usually come from the average Nigerian. Seriously, are you one? If so, you need to get out of that country. They will dull you brain/mind over time.

I swear grin observed it too! Bros needs to take this ideology somewhere else where it would be respected and taken seriously! The guy arguing with him sef couldn't construct his sentence properly and I loved the way he replied the guy with constructive replies. It's like 2008 The Dark Knight when Harvey came to gotham with his ideologies and tried to change everything! They turned him into one of them! Baba needs to leave before they turn him to the next two-face

1 Like

Re: Ajayi Crowther University VC Shuts School After Students Poured Him Water by mickeymimi: 1:18pm On Apr 12, 2017
no need to shut the whole university ... punish or expel the student... .. some student are not in university to learn

That student bad behaviour should not disrupt the studies of other students......or let it set a trend for some bad student that would want to shut down universities ......so they could carry out evil plans or start riots.......

You don't shut down a company or bank...just cos an employee slapped the boss.

I bet some students will love that ...opportunity to miss lectures ...or test....and even have a day off campus. grin

1 Like

Re: Ajayi Crowther University VC Shuts School After Students Poured Him Water by Dindondin(m): 1:24pm On Apr 12, 2017
TheVictorious:

Really. Even though I subscribe to thorough discipline and punishment for uncultured and regrettable acts as such but I don't think it is good to shut down the school. You can't shut down a whole school over issues like this. If you do so, you make the whole school to suffer for the action of one individual. Serious schools must try as much as possible not to halt academic activities. Especially when it's a private school like this, what is their selling point? As a new private school for what single reason should a prospective Jambite with good grades choose them over other schools, especially their state and federal counterparts. I really think they should rethink!
how do you deal with Very stubborn Students like those described
Re: Ajayi Crowther University VC Shuts School After Students Poured Him Water by Bollinger(m): 1:34pm On Apr 12, 2017
Blonchilli:

I swear grin observed it too! Bros needs to take this ideology somewhere else where it would be respected and taken seriously! The guy arguing with him sef couldn't construct his sentence properly and I loved the way he replied the guy with constructive replies. It's like 2008 The Dark Knight when Harvey came to gotham with his ideologies and tried to change everything! They turned him into one of them! Baba needs to leave before they turn him to the next two-face

Loooooooooooool.

1 Like

Re: Ajayi Crowther University VC Shuts School After Students Poured Him Water by afroxyz: 2:37pm On Apr 12, 2017
"Poured him water". I request that the OP's school be shut down
Re: Ajayi Crowther University VC Shuts School After Students Poured Him Water by 2shur: 2:38pm On Apr 12, 2017
Afonja at work
Re: Ajayi Crowther University VC Shuts School After Students Poured Him Water by TheVictorious(m): 3:24pm On Apr 12, 2017
mickeymimi:
no need to shut the whole university ... punish or expel the student... .. some student are not in university to learn

That student bad behaviour should not disrupt the studies of other students......or let it set a trend for some bad student that would want to shut down universities ......so they could carry out evil plans or start riots.......

You don't shut down a company or bank...just cos an employee slapped the boss.

I bet some students will love that ...opportunity to miss lectures ...or test....and even have a day off campus. grin

Exactly!
Re: Ajayi Crowther University VC Shuts School After Students Poured Him Water by TheVictorious(m): 3:27pm On Apr 12, 2017
Dindondin:

how do you deal with Very stubborn Students like those described

The school should have handbook containing code of conduct and how punishment is to be meted out on such individuals. In this case, the student is guilty of assault and should be dismissed and perhaps arrested immediately.
Re: Ajayi Crowther University VC Shuts School After Students Poured Him Water by TheVictorious(m): 3:29pm On Apr 12, 2017
afroxyz:
"Poured him water". I request that the OP's school be shut down

It's not my school sir. And I opine that shutting down the school is not the best option, I don't know if you have any valid reason for saying so?
Re: Ajayi Crowther University VC Shuts School After Students Poured Him Water by josite: 4:32pm On Apr 12, 2017
the vc is naive,he ought not to have gone there personally.then the wordings of the mesaage sent to all students display the high handedness of the university"s management,why sentence?.are they before a court of law charged with a criminal offence?.I have said it before a too violent protest is coming in all these so called universities that relates to undergraduates as kids.just learnt babcok gave point for worship .

1 Like

Re: Ajayi Crowther University VC Shuts School After Students Poured Him Water by Dindondin(m): 6:01pm On Apr 12, 2017
TheVictorious:

The school should have handbook containing code of conduct and how punishment is to be meted out on such individuals. In this case, the student is guilty of assault and should be dismissed and perhaps arrested immediately.
most of these Schools v those code of conduct and punishment books.
Some Students are just plain stupi d & stubborn.
Hard reset fits dem
Re: Ajayi Crowther University VC Shuts School After Students Poured Him Water by Daddy20s: 9:02pm On Apr 13, 2017
[color=#990000][/color]
People talking about students behavior.....
Do you guys even have any idea what students are passing through in that institution?.... (TO WHOM HEAD WAS GIVEN, SENSE WAS ALSO GIVEN)
But I'm not surprised, if some of the students of this same institution can be talking like .................(not my word).....
Seriously, I'm kind of getting tired of how gullible and narrow minded some people are on serious issues like this, this is 2017 of 21st century where sh*t is barely tolerated, why is it that all you see is an elderly man/VC who was drenched by students but failed to see an elderly man/VC / institution who provoked students to show their dark side!...
And instead of him to look into why students react in this manner when they ought to be calm and respectful when they see him, he bragged and utter unpleasant things, now send everybody home because of this!
Please tell me what Muhammondu Buhari should do to Nigerians that pronounce him dead when he is still alive? Or those that make funny images, animation, videos and so on of him?...
This man and most elderly people of these day act and behave as if they were born adult....

When you are complaining about something that is giving you serious headache on a peaceful level, you hear something like "this is church private university" HOLLY land they says... *smiles*..... (people don't love dictatos)
To add to their saying "this is private university and all private universities are like this, and you are the one who choose this institution instead of any other one" or, you hear, when you're in Rome, you suppose to act and behave like a Roman, but this institution is not located in Rome but in Nigeria,
And when you are in Nigeria what are you suppose to do?
Private Universities in Nigeria operates as if Nigeria constitution doesn't exist or doesn't apply to them....
Setting up a private university is not an opportunity to deny students of their rights...

And religion universities in Nigeria are using religion and academic as a cover up to a bad conduct....
Like it or not, revolution is coming soon, not only to Nigeria universities (private and government) but also to a bad governance....

Because if we have good government universities, who will go and patronize AJAYI CROWTHER UNIVERSITY?
RUBISH...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ajayi Crowther University VC Shuts School After Students Poured Him Water by ChubbychummyICE(f): 10:47pm On Apr 19, 2017
donasere:

Fellow alumnus when did you finish.....

Things have actually changed a lot in that school......

But what I'll always stand by is... previous VC treated students as adults as against this current dude...

We all know the story of the former registrar who was stoned with pure water.

When extreme and unreasonable rules are meted out to students of a university there is always a possibility of rebellion.

Am actually surprised it dint happen since...
Finished 2012

Re: Ajayi Crowther University VC Shuts School After Students Poured Him Water by mrwonlasewonie: 7:12am On Jul 21, 2017
Tazdroid:
Some students and their unrefined attitude should not be taken lightly. What if the VC who's the highest authority in the cadre of school administration was drenched in some harmful chemical agent. Would some people be contesting the decision to temporarily shut down the school or pray that the culprits are brought to book and the VC recovers rapidly? This is gross indiscipline and should be treated very seriously.
as much as I don't support the students misbehavior I think the vc deserves it.why will you a whole vc leave your office and come and be interfering in domestic fight among students. Why is there security in the school and what's their job there for?

The highest he should do is to call the security and tell them to go to xyz hostel and ensure they maintain order and decorum and any student that doesn't comply should be taken forcefully to the security post for disciplinary action.why wikk a whole vc stoop so low?

Smh
Re: Ajayi Crowther University VC Shuts School After Students Poured Him Water by mrwonlasewonie: 7:23am On Jul 21, 2017
TheVictorious:

It would have been worse but right now they need to tighten their checks because such a student that will perform such regrettable act wouldn't have hesitated to spill acid if he had access to it. What is perhaps he and other of his likes had access to gun, something has to be done immediately to put checks in place, so they don't have to wait next time till a student err to that level to mete out punishment!
why is the vc in the hostel? Why will he leave his office and be doing what the security ought to do

He is a professor for crying out loud meaning he has experience with students and so his old gumshion should have told him you don't interfere in students fracas especially when they're obviously livid and violent. You call the appropriate internal security officials of the school to do that

When students are angry they don't care who is standing in front of them whether vc or governor

How can you get confrontational with students to the extent of trading words with them e.g cursing. You deal with them like a civilized and educated man that you claim to be and use school legality or legal force to bring the students to their knees

All this professors that have read all the books in this world and now think they know everything while they're totally clueless when it comes to handling real life situations like this

1 Like

Re: Ajayi Crowther University VC Shuts School After Students Poured Him Water by mrwonlasewonie: 7:30am On Jul 21, 2017
Daddy20s:
[color=#990000][/color]
People talking about students behavior.....
Do you guys even have any idea what students are passing through in that institution?.... (TO WHOM HEAD WAS GIVEN, SENSE WAS ALSO GIVEN)
But I'm not surprised, if some of the students of this same institution can be talking like .................(not my word).....
Seriously, I'm kind of getting tired of how gullible and narrow minded some people are on serious issues like this, this is 2017 of 21st century where sh*t is barely tolerated, why is it that all you see is an elderly man/VC who was drenched by students but failed to see an elderly man/VC / institution who provoked students to show their dark side!...
And instead of him to look into why students react in this manner when they ought to be calm and respectful when they see him, he bragged and utter unpleasant things, now send everybody home because of this!
Please tell me what Muhammondu Buhari should do to Nigerians that pronounce him dead when he is still alive? Or those that make funny images, animation, videos and so on of him?...
This man and most elderly people of these day act and behave as if they were born adult....

When you are complaining about something that is giving you serious headache on a peaceful level, you hear something like "this is church private university" HOLLY land they says... *smiles*..... (people don't love dictatos)
To add to their saying "this is private university and all private universities are like this, and you are the one who choose this institution instead of any other one" or, you hear, when you're in Rome, you suppose to act and behave like a Roman, but this institution is not located in Rome but in Nigeria,
And when you are in Nigeria what are you suppose to do?
Private Universities in Nigeria operates as if Nigeria constitution doesn't exist or doesn't apply to them....
Setting up a private university is not an opportunity to deny students of their rights...

And religion universities in Nigeria are using religion and academic as a cover up to a bad conduct....
Like it or not, revolution is coming soon, not only to Nigeria universities (private and government) but also to a bad governance....

Because if we have good government universities, who will go and patronize AJAYI CROWTHER UNIVERSITY?
RUBISH...

exactly my point. Exactly

Nigerians be using religion to cover up their domineering and controlling behavior under the pretext of this is a Christian school

You'll almost think the people making this unreasonable laws don't fok,sheet or eat.like they're morally perfect

I don't blame them much.it's because Nigeria is a failed state already and public universities are deteriorating with cultism and endless strikes so the religious private universities capitalize on this to raise bimbos and male dummies who follow dogmas blindly

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Change Your Jamb Details- Phone Number/ Email 2018/2019 Academic Session / Types Of People At A Secondary School Reunion / UNIOSUN Final Year Students Signed Out In Styles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.