Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,581 members, 7,820,092 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:35 AM

I Believe The Ghanaian Actors Can Act Better Then The Nigerian Actors - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / I Believe The Ghanaian Actors Can Act Better Then The Nigerian Actors (2639 Views)

Poll: who act better?

Nigerian Actors: 85% (12 votes)
Ghanaian Actors: 14% (2 votes)
This poll has ended

Who Is The Funniest Of These 4 Nigerian Actors? / Nigerian Actors Who Combine Acting With Lecturing Jobs (Photos) / Do Actors Get Turned On Filming Romance Scenes? Nigerian Actors Respond (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Believe The Ghanaian Actors Can Act Better Then The Nigerian Actors by sweetpie23: 6:16pm On Dec 30, 2009
yes I said so now you guys can start ranting tongue
Re: I Believe The Ghanaian Actors Can Act Better Then The Nigerian Actors by londoner: 6:50pm On Dec 30, 2009
Lol, what you mean all three of them?, lol
Re: I Believe The Ghanaian Actors Can Act Better Then The Nigerian Actors by semid4lyfe(m): 7:00pm On Dec 30, 2009
sweetpie23:

yes I said so now you guys can start ranting tongue
Who be this Ode, sef grin
Re: I Believe The Ghanaian Actors Can Act Better Then The Nigerian Actors by sweetpie23: 7:01pm On Dec 30, 2009
semid4lyfe:

Who be this Ode, sef grin
you can do better then that tongue

1 Like

Re: I Believe The Ghanaian Actors Can Act Better Then The Nigerian Actors by mamagee3(f): 7:38pm On Dec 30, 2009
Keep on dreaming. . . .
Re: I Believe The Ghanaian Actors Can Act Better Then The Nigerian Actors by londoner: 7:56pm On Dec 30, 2009
Its definately a dream, their supposed" best" actors are actually rather mediocre IMO.

I like the way they dont overdo things though, but as for acting talent they generally leave much to be desired. The few than can act are pushed to the wayside

If its South African actors, then you are talking, but Ghanaian? , Nope.
Re: I Believe The Ghanaian Actors Can Act Better Then The Nigerian Actors by adagz01(m): 9:24pm On Dec 30, 2009
who be thi ode sef ×10
Re: I Believe The Ghanaian Actors Can Act Better Then The Nigerian Actors by meggieblac: 10:02pm On Dec 30, 2009
@ poster: i really hope this is a joke.
Re: I Believe The Ghanaian Actors Can Act Better Then The Nigerian Actors by THEAMAKA1: 6:04pm On Jan 02, 2010
this is bull!! 100% bull!!
ive said this time without number, gollywood is a biased industry that lacks a variety in actors and actresses.
let me name the only reappearing or actors/actresses names that i know and im pretty sure the only ones others know. and let me show their status of acting
majid michel-WONDERFUL, SEXY, TALENTED!
van vicker-good looks, cant act, cries too much
nadia buari-cute i guess, can't act to save her life
jackie appiah-beautiful, talented
yvonne nelson, pretty, okay actress
nana ama mcbrown-okay, okay in acting
juliet ibrahim- blah,terrible actress
light skinned lady that always plays the mom - boring! brings no life to the character
dark skinned guy that always plays the dad- annoying, but his acting is okay.

i could only name 10 people from the whole of gollywood. what kind of industry is that? LOLOL!! 8 of which can't act or are just so/so.
they have a long way to go if they wanna compete with nollywood.
abeg, stop all these insults.
angry
Re: I Believe The Ghanaian Actors Can Act Better Then The Nigerian Actors by eldee(m): 6:07pm On Jan 02, 2010
londoner:

Lol, what you mean all three of them?, lol
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: I Believe The Ghanaian Actors Can Act Better Then The Nigerian Actors by mamagee3(f): 8:15pm On Jan 02, 2010
Ghanians can't act for anything. tongue
Re: I Believe The Ghanaian Actors Can Act Better Then The Nigerian Actors by sweetpie23: 3:25am On Jan 06, 2010
what a biased vote angry
Re: I Believe The Ghanaian Actors Can Act Better Then The Nigerian Actors by THEAMAKA1: 3:35am On Jan 06, 2010
sweetpie23:

what a biased vote angry
what do you mean biased vote? let me break it down for you. . .
i've watched a good number of ghanaian movies and i've never been impressed(maybe once or twice). this is not biased, this is just comparing which is one is better. thats part of the reason why i stopped watching ghanaian movies cause they are always remakes of nollywood movies (too often) and the actors and actresses cant act. the only leg up ill give gollywood is that they actually have better quality in movies (HD) and they look like they put a little more into their budget than nollywod but that has nothing to do with acting or the actors and actresses. they need to step their game up. and you wonder why you see van, majid, and jackie always in nollywood movies. what are ghanaian movies doing for them? obviously nothing.
Re: I Believe The Ghanaian Actors Can Act Better Then The Nigerian Actors by sweetpie23: 3:54am On Jan 06, 2010
THE.AMAKA:

what do you mean biased vote? let me break it down for you. . .
i've watched a good number of ghanaian movies and i've never been impressed(maybe once or twice). this is not biased, this is just comparing which is one is better. thats part of the reason why i stopped watching ghanaian movies cause they are always remakes of nollywood movies (too often) and the actors and actresses cant act. the only leg up ill give gollywood is that they actually have better quality in movies (HD) and they look like they put a little more into their budget than nollywod but that has nothing to do with acting or the actors and actresses. they need to step their game up. and you wonder why you see van, majid, and jackie always in nollywood movies. what are ghanaian movies doing for them? obviously nothing.

I guess you only know of Jakie van Majid, and Nadia, you are obviously not watching enough Ghanaian movies. I have been
watching Nigerian movies since I was 10 never been impressed with them, I just started watching Ghanaian movie 2 years ago, even though
they do not have enough actors like nollywood, still do there best, their movie is right on point, story lines are always great, Nigeria movies are full of too much nonsense and juju stuff. Ghanaian movies may appeal to the internation audience then Nigerian movies. true be told if the Ghanaian industry was as vase as the Nigerian industry then some of there actors would have been places by now.
Re: I Believe The Ghanaian Actors Can Act Better Then The Nigerian Actors by THEAMAKA1: 4:03am On Jan 06, 2010
sweetpie23:

I guess you only know of Jakie van Majid, and Nadia, you are obviously not watching enough Ghanaian movies. I have been
watching Nigerian movies since I was 10 never been impressed with them, I just started watching Ghanaian movie 2 years ago, even though
they do not have enough actors like nollywood
, still do there best, their movie is right on point, story lines are always great, Nigeria movies are full of too much nonsense and juju stuff. Ghanaian movies may appeal to the internation audience then Nigerian movies. true be told if the Ghanaian industry was as vase as the Nigerian industry then some of there actors would have been places by now.
again, that's your opinion. i know there are more actors than van, majid, and jackie, i was only naming the ones i see most commonly in nollywood movies:
THE.AMAKA:

this is bull!! 100% bull!!
ive said this time without number, gollywood is a biased industry that lacks a variety in actors and actresses.
let me name the only reappearing or actors/actresses names that i know and im pretty sure the only ones others know. and let me show their status of acting
majid michel-WONDERFUL, SEXY, TALENTED!
van vicker-good looks, cant act, cries too much
nadia buari-cute i guess, can't act to save her life
jackie appiah-beautiful, talented
yvonne nelson, pretty, okay actress
nana ama mcbrown-okay, okay in acting
juliet ibrahim- blah,terrible actress
light skinned lady that always plays the mom - boring! brings no life to the character
dark skinned guy that always plays the dad- annoying, but his acting is okay.

i could only name 10 people from the whole of gollywood. what kind of industry is that? LOLOL!! 8 of which can't act or are just so/so.
they have a long way to go if they wanna compete with nollywood.
abeg, stop all these insults.
angry
anyway you may not have been impressed with nollywood movies but i guess that's your opinion. i watched at least 20 ghanaian movies (and i still watch SOME from time to time) before i came to my conclusion. they just suck, period.
and like i said, most of their storylines have been ripped off from nolllywood movies. let them not take credit where it's not due. just that it goes unnoticed most of the time for the simple fact that ghanaians use more "attractive/memorable" faces and have better quality, they are also newer. don't be fooled.
juju and stuff? you are watching too many of the wrong kind of movies. since when did nollywood become full of juju? there is much more besides that.
and to that part that ghanaian movies may appeal more to the international audience is a fabricated lie! what difference is there between nollywood and ghanaian movies that would make them better for the "international" audience?
their industry could be "vase" if they stopped running to our movies.  grin it's like they're practically living in Nigeria now. why aren't they improving their own industry? instead they are running to ours. sit down jo!
  grin
Re: I Believe The Ghanaian Actors Can Act Better Then The Nigerian Actors by sweetpie23: 4:10am On Jan 06, 2010
THE.AMAKA:

again, that's your opinion. i know there are more actors than van, majid, and jackie:anyway you may not have been impressed with nollywood movies but i guess that's your opinion. i watched at least 20 ghanaian movies (and i still watch SOME from time to time) before i came to my conclusion. they just suck, period.
and like i said, most of their storylines have been ripped off from nolllywood movies. let them not take credit where it's not due. just that it goes unnoticed most of the time for the simple fact that ghanaians use more "attractive/memorable" faces and have better quality, they are also newer. don't be fooled.
juju and stuff? you are watching too many of the wrong kind of movies. since when did nollywood become full of juju? there is much more besides that.
and to that part that ghanaian movies may appeal more to the international audience is a fabricated lie! what difference is there between nollywood and ghanaian movies that would make them better for the "international" audience?
their industry could be "vase" if they stopped running to our movies. grin it's like they're practically living in Nigeria now. why aren't they improving their own industry? instead they are running to ours. sit down jo!
grin
whatever thats your opinion, and they keep ruining to you guys and you guys keep expecting them for what because they are talented. if they weren't good actors with benefit you people wouldn't be expecting them and even casting them with nollywood top celebrities. and as far as my knowledge goes, directors offer the actors of their choice scripts, the nollywood directors have obviously seen what a great actors Ghana have, the only problem is they are not yet as popular as Nollywood, but they are far more better.
Re: I Believe The Ghanaian Actors Can Act Better Then The Nigerian Actors by THEAMAKA1: 4:13am On Jan 06, 2010
@sweetiepie
not really, its based on looks.
look at my analysis of the characters again and you will see what im talking about. most of them look good, and that's as far as it goes. they know people want to watch attractive people, so what better thing to do than cast all the biracials that fill gollywood to the core. lol and at the end of the day ghanaians ran to be in nollywood movies, and nigerians are making the money. more grease to our elbow. either way it goes, gollywood loses. they are nothing but copycats anyway. so what gives?
Re: I Believe The Ghanaian Actors Can Act Better Then The Nigerian Actors by sweetpie23: 4:16am On Jan 06, 2010
THE.AMAKA:

@sweetiepie
not really, its based on looks.
look at my analysis of the characters again and you will see what im talking about. most of them look good, and that's as far as it goes. they know people want to watch attractive people, so what better thing to do than cast all the biracials that fill gollywood to the core. lol

only Van Vicker fit that category good looks with no talent, all the others have talent, considering they fact that most of them have just started acting is quite amazing.
Re: I Believe The Ghanaian Actors Can Act Better Then The Nigerian Actors by THEAMAKA1: 4:19am On Jan 06, 2010
sweetpie23:

only Van Vicker fit that category good looks with no talent, all the others have talent, considering they fact that most of them have just started acting is quite amazing.
blah blah blah, okay you have stated your opinion.
BUT NADIA BUARI MUST FALL INTO THIS CATEGORY OR THE EARTH IS FLAT AND ELEPHANTS FLY!! she has shown some of the worst acting by far. worse than van vicker sef.
to me, good acting is not okay so/so half-assed acting. so most of them may look good, but they're just there, nothing spectacular about them that makes them better than any other nigerian actress or actor.
Re: I Believe The Ghanaian Actors Can Act Better Then The Nigerian Actors by sweetpie23: 4:22am On Jan 06, 2010
THE.AMAKA:

blah blah blah, okay you have stated your opinion.
BUT NADIA BUARI MUST FALL INTO THIS CATEGORY OR THE EARTH IS FLAT AND ELEPHANTS FLY!! she has shown some of the worst acting by far. worse than van vicker sef.
to me, good acting is not okay so/so half-assed acting. so most of them may look good, but they're just there, nothing spectacular about them that makes them better than any other nigerian actress or actor.

yawn I hope you have heard of what people called personal opinion or point of view. Nadia is not a bad actress not to me, and if you want to say thats my opnion offcourse it is so find something new to say.
Re: I Believe The Ghanaian Actors Can Act Better Then The Nigerian Actors by THEAMAKA1: 4:25am On Jan 06, 2010
sweetpie23:

yawn I hope you have heard of what people called personal opinion or point of view. Nadia is not a bad actress not to me, and if you want to say thats my opnion offcourse it is so find something new to say.
crap, crap, crap.
yawn. . . that is your opinion! grin
oya, die.
tongue
Re: I Believe The Ghanaian Actors Can Act Better Then The Nigerian Actors by sweetpie23: 4:27am On Jan 06, 2010
THE.AMAKA:

crap, crap, crap.
yawn. . . that is your opinion! grin
oya, die.
tongue
God you are boring, same old line again I feel sleepy sef yawn loudly
Re: I Believe The Ghanaian Actors Can Act Better Then The Nigerian Actors by THEAMAKA1: 4:28am On Jan 06, 2010
sweetpie23:

God you are boring, same old line again I feel sleepy sef yawn loudly
that's the whole point. some people are too slow for their own good. sigh. . .
Re: I Believe The Ghanaian Actors Can Act Better Then The Nigerian Actors by sweetpie23: 4:29am On Jan 06, 2010
THE.AMAKA:

that's the whole point. some people are too slow for their own good. sigh. . .
and now she is going totally off track grin
Re: I Believe The Ghanaian Actors Can Act Better Then The Nigerian Actors by londoner: 12:15pm On Jan 06, 2010
I dont find Ghanaian actors interesting at all. I can watch their film for half an hour without the story moving an inch or even being gripped at all. One of the things I dislike about Ghanaian films is their "westernisation". If I wanted to see Americans I would watch sky movies. I have never seen any of their so called "best stars" depict Ghanaian culture, not even through the food they eat in the movie.

You will never see them sit down to a bowl of fufu or banku and okro. Yet in a Nigerian movie you can have a son who is returning from abroad, the first thing the mother will say is "I've prepared your favourite, Egusi soup" or something like that.

I have been to Ghana and know the vast cultural heritage, but for some reason they dont show it to the world in their mainstream films, instead they form "Americana". At least some Nigerian films show the culture, the dances, music ,food and traditions.

Thats one of the reasons Nollywood is so popular.
Re: I Believe The Ghanaian Actors Can Act Better Then The Nigerian Actors by sweetpie23: 2:55am On Jan 08, 2010
undecided undecided undecided
Re: I Believe The Ghanaian Actors Can Act Better Then The Nigerian Actors by teissys(f): 10:15am On Apr 26, 2012
Nollywood is the best in Africa, period

(1) (Reply)

Pictures Of Ibraheem Chartter Wedding / Mercy Aigbe Just Loves PINK! / Shocking!!!sanusi Lamido's Sextape Leaks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.