Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,700 members, 7,809,650 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:30 PM

Nigeria Ranks 7th On Pos Transactions In Africa - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria Ranks 7th On Pos Transactions In Africa (11781 Views)

Nigerians Shun Pos Transactions Over Charges / Nigeria Ranks 3rd Richest Country In Africa By AfrAsia Bank (Full List) / 276,852 Pos Transactions Failed On Christmas Eve —NIBSS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Ranks 7th On Pos Transactions In Africa by directonpc(m): 7:36am On Apr 12, 2017
And cbn blocked our cards from payments in dollar
Re: Nigeria Ranks 7th On Pos Transactions In Africa by Nobody: 7:38am On Apr 12, 2017
ReneeNuttall:

Pour cold water for him body.
Am not saying he is sleeping....
He is fully awake....
I just no wan talk the real reason ooooo....
Re: Nigeria Ranks 7th On Pos Transactions In Africa by slex(m): 7:42am On Apr 12, 2017
Movingcoil:

Person wey dey carry matches 24/7 dey fear fire...

Chai.

Ok shout boko haram boko haram. If that your visitor run then he or she is a terror suspect

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Ranks 7th On Pos Transactions In Africa by egoldman(m): 7:44am On Apr 12, 2017
Very poor ,blame cbn and the banks .
Re: Nigeria Ranks 7th On Pos Transactions In Africa by Nobody: 7:45am On Apr 12, 2017
slex:

Chai.

Ok shout boko haram boko haram. If that your visitor run then he or she is a terror suspect
He is pretending to be snoring ooooo very load that I can hear it.
Re: Nigeria Ranks 7th On Pos Transactions In Africa by Philinho(m): 7:49am On Apr 12, 2017
And yet,PoS fraud in Nigeria should b number one in Africa
Re: Nigeria Ranks 7th On Pos Transactions In Africa by johnchins: 7:50am On Apr 12, 2017
oluwadanie1:
After three solid years since POS was introduced into this country, it is sad to know that according to a report, Nigeria stills ranks on a far 7th on POS transactions in Africa with country like Ghana and South Africa far above. According to a report by Indexmundi only 21 percent of total transactions in the country are done through the PoS device.

According to Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), the PoS density per 100,000 people in Nigeria is 13, while India’s is 67; Uganda, 453; Namibia, 338. It might also feel good to know that Nigeria has a target, and that is to meet Brazil’s PoS deployment rate of 2,247 per 100,000 people by 2020. The only headache here is that proper moves are not being made to meet the stipulated target.

On what may be the reason behind this number, Kevin Chung of Avante International Technology, at the just concluded CashlessAfrica Expo, said that while the communication network and bandwidth are adequate, the data centres in the financial communities in Nigeria needs to upgrade from Tier 1-2 to Tier 3-4 to enable the cash-less economy.

But if you ask me for a reason, I’d tell you that it is the fear of Nigerians to trust a new payment system. We are already fully engrossed in the cash payment system that it took some time to even accept the online payment fully. And may I note that it has not been fully accepted in the country YET.

“There is high percentage of unbanked in the country and uneven access to money, these hobbles cashless initiative in the country.” These were the words of Tunde Ogungbade, managing director, Global Accelerex Limited, who said that cash places a huge toll on GDP and that in Nigeria cost of cash management is projected by CBN to be N250billion by 2020.

He also added that a cashless future must serve society at large, and that it cannot be about corporate interest, governmental control or surveillance and monitoring. “It must be about providing endless consumer choice for payment”.

Well, to me, I think a lot of awareness should be done on how safe payment with a PoS could be, because as an average Nigerian, I fear to part with my money without getting any value in return.

http://www.techproducts.com.ng/nigeria-ranks-7th-on-pos-transactions-in-africa/

testing how to quote
Re: Nigeria Ranks 7th On Pos Transactions In Africa by gosmoney(m): 8:00am On Apr 12, 2017
i don't believe this ranking jo
oluwadanie1:
After three solid years since POS was introduced into this country, it is sad to know that according to a report, Nigeria stills ranks on a far 7th on POS transactions in Africa with country like Ghana and South Africa far above. According to a report by Indexmundi only 21 percent of total transactions in the country are done through the PoS device.

According to Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), the PoS density per 100,000 people in Nigeria is 13, while India’s is 67; Uganda, 453; Namibia, 338. It might also feel good to know that Nigeria has a target, and that is to meet Brazil’s PoS deployment rate of 2,247 per 100,000 people by 2020. The only headache here is that proper moves are not being made to meet the stipulated target.

On what may be the reason behind this number, Kevin Chung of Avante International Technology, at the just concluded CashlessAfrica Expo, said that while the communication network and bandwidth are adequate, the data centres in the financial communities in Nigeria needs to upgrade from Tier 1-2 to Tier 3-4 to enable the cash-less economy.

But if you ask me for a reason, I’d tell you that it is the fear of Nigerians to trust a new payment system. We are already fully engrossed in the cash payment system that it took some time to even accept the online payment fully. And may I note that it has not been fully accepted in the country YET.

“There is high percentage of unbanked in the country and uneven access to money, these hobbles cashless initiative in the country.” These were the words of Tunde Ogungbade, managing director, Global Accelerex Limited, who said that cash places a huge toll on GDP and that in Nigeria cost of cash management is projected by CBN to be N250billion by 2020.

He also added that a cashless future must serve society at large, and that it cannot be about corporate interest, governmental control or surveillance and monitoring. “It must be about providing endless consumer choice for payment”.

Well, to me, I think a lot of awareness should be done on how safe payment with a PoS could be, because as an average Nigerian, I fear to part with my money without getting any value in return.

http://www.techproducts.com.ng/nigeria-ranks-7th-on-pos-transactions-in-africa/
Re: Nigeria Ranks 7th On Pos Transactions In Africa by oluwadanie1(m): 8:12am On Apr 12, 2017
alignacademy:
@oluwadanie1

Thanks for sharing.

It's not a contest, though.

Do all the countries have the same level of awareness?

Are error issues promptly resolved in all the countries?

Or are you told to "Oga, send a mail to our complaint desk and wait for ONLY 23 working days"?

Or "call our 24-7 customer support where you'll spend 35 minutes listening to ALL our products"?

Shey you understand?

Yes sir, i do.
Re: Nigeria Ranks 7th On Pos Transactions In Africa by horllyma(m): 8:19am On Apr 12, 2017
POS availability is fucking issue that need to be addressed.

You will get to bank self no single Pos.
Re: Nigeria Ranks 7th On Pos Transactions In Africa by slex(m): 8:30am On Apr 12, 2017
Movingcoil:

He is pretending to be snoring ooooo very load that I can hear it.

I hate to break it to you bud, seems that guy has decided to become your UNOFFICIAl room mate
Re: Nigeria Ranks 7th On Pos Transactions In Africa by buchhogonzalez(m): 8:33am On Apr 12, 2017
Movingcoil:
I don bath, wear shoe dey pretend say i wan commot but this my friend that slept over doesn't want to stand up from bed and go home.

Bros, tell am say your grand mama, ur uncle, cousin and girlfriend dey come by 9:00am...if he still kack, bros OYO ooo
Re: Nigeria Ranks 7th On Pos Transactions In Africa by ReneeNuttall(f): 9:04am On Apr 12, 2017
Movingcoil:
Am not saying he is sleeping.... He is fully awake.... I just no wan talk the real reason ooooo....

u better talk o
Re: Nigeria Ranks 7th On Pos Transactions In Africa by ReneeNuttall(f): 9:04am On Apr 12, 2017
Movingcoil:
Am not saying he is sleeping.... He is fully awake.... I just no wan talk the real reason ooooo....

u better talk o
Re: Nigeria Ranks 7th On Pos Transactions In Africa by vanjos: 9:06am On Apr 12, 2017
The OP supposed to have written the full meaning of POS under normal circumstance.
Any way Nigeria is progressing..........
Re: Nigeria Ranks 7th On Pos Transactions In Africa by Ugosample(m): 9:31am On Apr 12, 2017
It's the peculiarity of Nigerians that is to blame for this
aka the Naija factor
Re: Nigeria Ranks 7th On Pos Transactions In Africa by HST(m): 9:41am On Apr 12, 2017
Bro I agree with you. I have done several unsuccessful POS transactions with my GTB mastercard which i wI'll be debited. I still have my money hanging somewhere in the air which have not been reversed for the past 2weeks. They say it will take up to 8-10 working days.It's very annoying.
opeano:
Did anyone say it is safe. I am even contemplating on campaigning against its use by some banks.

Imagine having an uncompleted transaction on a POS and not getting an automatic reversal within 48hrs, even while I had to visit d bank to make a formal complai. I was told to exercise patience for 7 working days, after the days elapsed. the customer care lady said again "Uncle, let me be frank with you, someone whose complaint I worked on since march 16th just got his refund last week (April4th), so, it may take up to 15 working days".

I left there immediately knowing nothing I could do will bring back the money untill they finish their manual sorting out.

Who else POS transaction don delay pls, how long b4 u got it sorted.

1st bank is just far behind, dnt know abt oda banks.

share ur experiences pls
Re: Nigeria Ranks 7th On Pos Transactions In Africa by jeff1607(m): 10:50am On Apr 12, 2017
opeano:
Did anyone say it is safe. I am even contemplating on campaigning against its use by some banks.

Imagine having an uncompleted transaction on a POS and not getting an automatic reversal within 48hrs, even while I had to visit d bank to make a formal complai. I was told to exercise patience for 7 working days, after the days elapsed. the customer care lady said again "Uncle, let me be frank with you, someone whose complaint I worked on since march 16th just got his refund last week (April4th), so, it may take up to 15 working days".

I left there immediately knowing nothing I could do will bring back the money untill they finish their manual sorting out.

Who else POS transaction don delay pls, how long b4 u got it sorted.

1st bank is just far behind, dnt know abt oda banks.

share ur experiences pls

Mine took 8months before reversal
Re: Nigeria Ranks 7th On Pos Transactions In Africa by olowobaba10: 11:40am On Apr 12, 2017
WHAT IS POS ?
Re: Nigeria Ranks 7th On Pos Transactions In Africa by vickydevoka(m): 11:53am On Apr 12, 2017
I knw say ghana pass us. datz y yahoo boys lyk de environment
Re: Nigeria Ranks 7th On Pos Transactions In Africa by Nobody: 1:54pm On Apr 12, 2017
In the country I reside POS meant one thing only, and its not cash register.
Re: Nigeria Ranks 7th On Pos Transactions In Africa by NairalandSARS: 5:46pm On Aug 23, 2017
How safe is this POS? some operators demand for my 15-digit ATM card number by transaction.
Am I safe?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Innoson Car Manufacturing Co. Begins Operation In Nnewi, Anambra State / Exposed: Buy @ #385 Using Debit/credit Card And Sell @ #450 / Import Ban On 41 Items Remains In Force – CBN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.