Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,557 members, 7,823,448 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:20 AM

Call Me Seun! Correct Or Wrong English - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Call Me Seun! Correct Or Wrong English (786 Views)

Stop Asking People 'How Was Your Night', It Is Wrong English / 12 Wrong English Sentences And Phrases You Have Been Making In Ignorance / Best Possible Or Possible Best, Which Is Correct Or Most Correct (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Call Me Seun! Correct Or Wrong English by GoodMuyis(m): 9:22am On Apr 12, 2017
I was in in the sitting room reading, with me in the room was my 4years old niece, playing around, the girls is too playful, one funny thing about her is how she keeps repeating what you says just to catch fun.

That afternoon, "Gari and grandnut dey hungry me", but this girl is too small for errand, hence I decide to send the elder brother, who was playing outside. I Said to her "Janet Call me Seun", she look at me for some seconds and repeat the same word I said to her, then she burst into laugh, I thought she was mocking me, until she voice out

Aunty you are not S.eun, S.eun is outside playing

I look like an Idiot, the girl must have being smarter than me, so I said to her Go and call seun for me (typical Nigeria accent)

Story Credit: A friend

Question: Nairalander What should be the Correct English

(1) (Reply)

Tough Times Don’t Last! Harvard Graduate Shares His Inspiring Story / 2017/2018 Admissions: What All 2017 Jambites Should Know / 11 Words You Perhaps Didn’t Know Were Portmanteaus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.