Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,624 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:07 PM

Tough Times Don’t Last! Harvard Graduate Shares His Inspiring Story - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Tough Times Don’t Last! Harvard Graduate Shares His Inspiring Story (784 Views)

Archibong Bassey, UNICAL 19-Year-Old First Class Graduate Shares Success Story / Nekede Polytechnic Graduate Shares Her Accident Experience & School Experiences / IMSU Goes Tough On Indecent Dressing; See What Was Done To A Defaulting Student. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tough Times Don’t Last! Harvard Graduate Shares His Inspiring Story by cathytemi(f): 5:37pm On May 28, 2017
Harvard Graduate Shannon Satonori Lytle shares his story of determination and perseverance on Facebook yesterday, his story might just inspire someone and spur them not to lose hope. Read below.

In high school, I flipped burgers at McDonald’s so I could afford the privilege of taking the SAT. I fed and cared for my three baby siblings until they went to sleep and stayed up until 4am to do my homework. I walked home through a dangerous part of the city after extracurriculars because I couldn’t afford a car.

I stuck my laptop out of my window at night to steal my neighbor’s wifi and finish my schoolwork. I was scoffed at and told, “from this part of Ohio, only the children of doctors and lawyers get to go to Ivy League Schools.”

In college, I panicked when my laptop broke because I had worked 150 minimum wage hours to buy it. I scrubbed toilets, shelved books, and sold clothing so I could chase my dreams and travel the world. Throughout my life, I have maneuvered and begged for every kind of subsidy and coupon. I’m the son of a warehouse worker and an immigrant; a first generation student. Today, I graduated from Harvard.

[url]http://peoplespostng.com/news/2017/05/tough-times-dont-last-harvard-graduate-shares-his-inspiring-story/
[/url]

1 Like

Re: Tough Times Don’t Last! Harvard Graduate Shares His Inspiring Story by Edopesin: 5:38pm On May 28, 2017
pls has the price of garri reduced

if nt am outta ye

1 Like

Re: Tough Times Don’t Last! Harvard Graduate Shares His Inspiring Story by whitebeard(m): 5:47pm On May 28, 2017
aww..!! congratulations Shannon, that's really really I don't know the word to use but it outstanding..!! wow..!!

a stand up obviation for Shannon pls...!!
Re: Tough Times Don’t Last! Harvard Graduate Shares His Inspiring Story by Davash222(m): 5:52pm On May 28, 2017
Edopesin:
if nt am outta ye
Everything to you is FOOD!! Glutton!!
Re: Tough Times Don’t Last! Harvard Graduate Shares His Inspiring Story by mazimee(m): 6:02pm On May 28, 2017
Edopesin:

if nt am outta ye

This beautiful story was not written to reduce the price of garri and neither was it meant for your consumption. Those it was meant will pass by, and pick their inspiration and continue their hustle.

1 Like

Re: Tough Times Don’t Last! Harvard Graduate Shares His Inspiring Story by oldfoolnigger(m): 8:11pm On May 28, 2017
am not in a mood to read anything tonight, so I will just say

congrats sir!!! even thou I don't know the class he graduated with.
Re: Tough Times Don’t Last! Harvard Graduate Shares His Inspiring Story by TheMainMan: 9:02pm On May 28, 2017
hmm... inspiring... nothing stops a man who decides to achieve..

lalasticlala
Re: Tough Times Don’t Last! Harvard Graduate Shares His Inspiring Story by Edopesin: 7:34pm On May 29, 2017
Davash222:
Everything to you is FOOD!! Glutton!!
check ur picture

SMH

1 Like

Re: Tough Times Don’t Last! Harvard Graduate Shares His Inspiring Story by Icosahedron(m): 9:59pm On May 29, 2017
Nonsense. Harvard is way too expensive, it's either he took a student's loan to complete his studies or this is utter gibberish.
Re: Tough Times Don’t Last! Harvard Graduate Shares His Inspiring Story by Nobody: 12:00am On May 30, 2017
cathytemi:
Harvard Graduate Shannon Satonori Lytle shares his story of determination and perseverance on Facebook yesterday, his story might just inspire someone and spur them not to lose hope. Read below.

In high school, I flipped burgers at McDonald’s so I could afford the privilege of taking the SAT. I fed and cared for my three baby siblings until they went to sleep and stayed up until 4am to do my homework. I walked home through a dangerous part of the city after extracurriculars because I couldn’t afford a car.

I stuck my laptop out of my window at night to steal my neighbor’s wifi and finish my schoolwork. I was scoffed at and told, “from this part of Ohio, only the children of doctors and lawyers get to go to Ivy League Schools.”

In college, I panicked when my laptop broke because I had worked 150 minimum wage hours to buy it. I scrubbed toilets, shelved books, and sold clothing so I could chase my dreams and travel the world. Throughout my life, I have maneuvered and begged for every kind of subsidy and coupon. I’m the son of a warehouse worker and an immigrant; a first generation student. Today, I graduated from Harvard.

[url]http://peoplespostng.com/news/2017/05/tough-times-dont-last-harvard-graduate-shares-his-inspiring-story/
[/url]
Na today! Nothing comes easy so your story isn't new.I have heard worse stories like yours but didn't end well. There was a case of a guy who worked hard but died on the way to success after much struggle.
Re: Tough Times Don’t Last! Harvard Graduate Shares His Inspiring Story by justflow1(m): 5:35am On May 30, 2017
cathytemi:

[/url]

Congrats Shannon, Oyinbo struggle stories would always seem to me like they have never taste suffering or agony before, you still look good and fresh, you need to see how your counterpart of ur status are hmmm, in other words come to Nigeria then you will understand that that wasn't a struggle, it is flexing, bro the hustle is real, yea very real here

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News: Delsu Release 2017 Cutoff Marks / Vulcanizer Classroom Photos Of Oke-odo Junior College Abule Egba, Agbado / Unilag Sundown For Freshers And Staylites

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.