Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,667 members, 7,816,738 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:04 PM

Work On Lagos-ibadan Rail Begins April 14 – NRC - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Work On Lagos-ibadan Rail Begins April 14 – NRC (14321 Views)

Update On Lagos-ibadan Rail Line Project. / Vandals Stealing Clips, Bolts On Lagos-Ibadan Rail Track / 30 Years After, Itakpe-warri Rail Begins Commercial Service (video, Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Work On Lagos-ibadan Rail Begins April 14 – NRC by eyesoflagos: 2:14pm On Apr 12, 2017
Work on Lagos-Ibadan rail begins April 14 – NRC
source: http://www.eyesoflagos.com/2017/04/work-on-lagos-ibadan-rail-begins-april.html

The Nigeria Railway Corporation (NRC) says that the construction of the Lagos-Ibadan standard gauge rail would begin on April 14.

The Managing Director of NRC, Mr Fidet Okhiria, disclosed this on Wednesday in Lagos.

Okhiria advised those who had encroached on the NRC land to start packing their belongings, to avoid their property being destroyed by bulldozers.

“Those that are due for compensation will be compensated because it is part of the contract.

“But those who encroached on the land have to leave the premises as soon as possible because the constructions will begin on Friday.

“We intentionally did not give permits to so many people because we know that one day, the land will be required.

“So we have already mapped out those places we need to remove and they are aware. We have told them to remove their valuables before the bulldozers start work,’’ he said.

The MD said the projects would bring lots of socio-economic development to communities and major town along the axis.

According to him, the NRC will deliver consistent services that will attract lots of commercial and social activities that will serve as employment to the teeming youths of the various communities.

The standard gauge is going to have two stations along the axis; we will have stations in Omin Adio and Moniya in Ibadan.

“The project will bring a lot of developments to the communities and improve the standard of living of people in the area,’’ Okhiria said.

The NRC boss also appealed to indigenes of the various communities to cooperate with the construction workers in the course of their duties.

He advised the people to give adequate support to workers, whenever the work gets to their villages.

Okhiria advised the people to have positive minds towards the projects, adding that government was determined to improve rail services in the country to international standard.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Work On Lagos-ibadan Rail Begins April 14 – NRC by Nobody: 3:08pm On Apr 12, 2017
I'm so excited about this project. Regional Integration looks set. Lagos, Ogun and Oyo will benefit the most from this and to a lesser extent Ekiti, Osun, and Ondo

The next thing we need now is a seaport in Ondo. I'm looking forward to what Aketi has to offer

We don't need to make noise, carry placards, play victim, or emotionally blackmail the govt to get what we want. The benefits from this project alone are immeasurable. 

For those who have land between that Lagos-Ibadan route, congrats!!! 

As for those from the land of the rising mark nsukabags, congrats too ooo . I heard Jona built hyperloop routes in your region cheesy

Just last week, a friend was telling me the trains between Nkpor and Onitsha are the fastest in the world

I take God beg una, we don't want y'all to develop Ibadan for us oo. We'll do that ourselves

Before anyone catches hiccups cos of my post, remember I dinor kuku call anybody's name

62 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Work On Lagos-ibadan Rail Begins April 14 – NRC by Nobody: 3:08pm On Apr 12, 2017
Ok, all the best...Can they work day and night?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Work On Lagos-ibadan Rail Begins April 14 – NRC by thesicilian: 3:09pm On Apr 12, 2017
eyesoflagos:

Okhiria advised those who had encroached on the NRC land to start packing their belongings, to avoid their property being destroyed by bulldozers.

“Those that are due for compensation will be compensated because it is part of the contract.

Compensation is supposed to come before the demolitions begin. Otherwise where do they expect the indigenes to move to?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Work On Lagos-ibadan Rail Begins April 14 – NRC by omofunaab(m): 3:09pm On Apr 12, 2017
This is nice.. I hope it will be completed by 2019

4 Likes

Re: Work On Lagos-ibadan Rail Begins April 14 – NRC by alizma: 3:11pm On Apr 12, 2017
let the wailers celebrate this Easter in peace na

8 Likes

Re: Work On Lagos-ibadan Rail Begins April 14 – NRC by DAVEZONIGLTD: 3:14pm On Apr 12, 2017
Good news.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Work On Lagos-ibadan Rail Begins April 14 – NRC by Nobody: 3:18pm On Apr 12, 2017
eyesoflagos:
Work on Lagos-Ibadan rail begins April 14 – NRC
source: http://www.eyesoflagos.com/2017/04/work-on-lagos-ibadan-rail-begins-april.html

The Nigeria Railway Corporation (NRC) says that the construction of the Lagos-Ibadan standard gauge rail would begin on April 14.

Contrast this with Malabu oil deal. Some people hero will not die well.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Work On Lagos-ibadan Rail Begins April 14 – NRC by AshiwajuFoward: 3:18pm On Apr 12, 2017
Great news. Hope they complete it right on schedule.

3 Likes

Re: Work On Lagos-ibadan Rail Begins April 14 – NRC by muyibaba222(m): 3:19pm On Apr 12, 2017
good one from PMB. Hope it will not become abandoned project? Will be glad to see it completed by 2019

2 Likes

Re: Work On Lagos-ibadan Rail Begins April 14 – NRC by wristbangle: 3:27pm On Apr 12, 2017
omofunaab:
This is nice.. I hope it will be completed by 2019

Same here bro

1 Like

Re: Work On Lagos-ibadan Rail Begins April 14 – NRC by slimfit1(m): 3:49pm On Apr 12, 2017
I hope we have engineering students from universities doing work experience with the company. It is a very simple job if you have the right tools to work with.
!!

5 Likes

Re: Work On Lagos-ibadan Rail Begins April 14 – NRC by Godprotectigbo5(f): 3:56pm On Apr 12, 2017
great

good beginning
Re: Work On Lagos-ibadan Rail Begins April 14 – NRC by SuperS1Panther: 4:06pm On Apr 12, 2017
South West all the way.

God bless SW

God bless the land of Oduduwa

God bless our friends and well wishers

God bless Naija.

As for haters of good things such as South West and land of Oduduwa, Angel Michael is writing down your name in the Big Black Book.

9 Likes

Re: Work On Lagos-ibadan Rail Begins April 14 – NRC by Okundaye4(m): 4:18pm On Apr 12, 2017
Hurray

I can now live in Ibadan

and work in Lagos.

7 Likes

Re: Work On Lagos-ibadan Rail Begins April 14 – NRC by ItalianWine(f): 4:19pm On Apr 12, 2017
Good way to go....FG should build more railways....it would save a lot of transport cost in this county

3 Likes

Re: Work On Lagos-ibadan Rail Begins April 14 – NRC by kaycyor: 4:19pm On Apr 12, 2017
Ambode ti de oo!!!!

1 Like

Re: Work On Lagos-ibadan Rail Begins April 14 – NRC by Nobody: 4:20pm On Apr 12, 2017
promise promise promise..2019 don reach
Re: Work On Lagos-ibadan Rail Begins April 14 – NRC by Kidaakudz: 4:20pm On Apr 12, 2017
cheesy
Re: Work On Lagos-ibadan Rail Begins April 14 – NRC by ephi123(f): 4:20pm On Apr 12, 2017
slimfit1:
I hope we have engineering students from universities doing work experience with the company. It is a very simple job if you have the right tools to work with.
!!

Totally agree. Before they flood the project team with Chinese people.

1 Like

Re: Work On Lagos-ibadan Rail Begins April 14 – NRC by tstx(m): 4:21pm On Apr 12, 2017
I pray it won't be abandoned

1 Like

Re: Work On Lagos-ibadan Rail Begins April 14 – NRC by josephine123: 4:22pm On Apr 12, 2017
Cool
Re: Work On Lagos-ibadan Rail Begins April 14 – NRC by Nobody: 4:22pm On Apr 12, 2017
If Security improves on that axis, then we need to buy up some hectars there.
Re: Work On Lagos-ibadan Rail Begins April 14 – NRC by leksmedia: 4:22pm On Apr 12, 2017
wow, this will bring awesome development to both states. I hope it will be all those super trains though. Nice development. It will ease a lot of traffic off the Lagos Ibdan express, It will create jobs, it will reduce cost of production and transport. And the economic benefits will be amazing. For your website design visit www.leksmediaconcept.com
Re: Work On Lagos-ibadan Rail Begins April 14 – NRC by goonsmi: 4:23pm On Apr 12, 2017
All we are concern is when the project is ready to be commissioned.
Re: Work On Lagos-ibadan Rail Begins April 14 – NRC by obailala(m): 4:25pm On Apr 12, 2017
Hope they finish the project on time. Meanwhile, when shall they start the Calabar to PH section?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Work On Lagos-ibadan Rail Begins April 14 – NRC by ONESON1(m): 4:26pm On Apr 12, 2017
Keneking:
Ok, all the best...Can they work day and night?
@day&night jarki mood abi ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Work On Lagos-ibadan Rail Begins April 14 – NRC by emmasege: 4:26pm On Apr 12, 2017
How best can someone describe this inept government?

A government characterized with much talk with little or no work.

And are we talking of the same road which reconstruction started during GEJ but was abandoned for a long time for lame reasons only tenable to zombies?
Re: Work On Lagos-ibadan Rail Begins April 14 – NRC by VanBommel(m): 4:26pm On Apr 12, 2017
Nice one
Re: Work On Lagos-ibadan Rail Begins April 14 – NRC by danyaril2yahoo: 4:27pm On Apr 12, 2017
Amazing!But when will it be the turn of southeast?
Re: Work On Lagos-ibadan Rail Begins April 14 – NRC by berrystunn(m): 4:27pm On Apr 12, 2017
KungLaoooo:
I'm so excited about this project. Regional Integration looks set. Lagos, Ogun and Oyo will benefit the most from this and to a lesser extent Ekiti, Osun, and Ondo

The next thing we need now is a seaport in Ondo. I'm looking forward to what Aketi has to offer

We don't need to make noise, carry placards, play victim, or emotionally blackmail the govt to get what we want. The benefits from this project alone are immeasurable. 

For those who have land between that Lagos-Ibadan route, congrats!!! 

As for those from the land of the rising mark nsukabags, congrats too ooo . I heard Jona built hyperloop routes in your region cheesy

Just last week, a friend was telling me the train between Nkpor and Onitsha is one of the fastest in the world

I take God beg una, we don't want y'all to develop Ibadan for us oo. We'll do that ourselves

Before anyone catches hiccups cos of my post, remember I dinor call anybody's name grin

sea what. ?
Re: Work On Lagos-ibadan Rail Begins April 14 – NRC by Kabeeru(m): 4:27pm On Apr 12, 2017
Good development! This will ease the movement of trailers on Lagos-Ibadan expressway.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Airports Only 57% Ready For Flights Resumption / Man Whose Uber Driver Was Accused Of Absconding With Rider’s Laptop, Speaks / Lagos-ibadan Road To Get Toll Gates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.