Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,466 members, 7,954,824 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:17 AM

Lagos Uber Driver Killed After Being Strangled By Passengers - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lagos Uber Driver Killed After Being Strangled By Passengers (1063 Views)

Taxify Driver Killed And His Car Stolen In Lagos (graphic Photo) / Passengers Pretend To Pay Lagos Uber Driver, Snatch Car At Gunpoint (Photos) / First Time Visitor Left Stranded After This Lagos Uber Driver Robbed Her (photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Uber Driver Killed After Being Strangled By Passengers by Nobody: 3:13pm On Apr 12, 2017
A Lagos Uber driver identified as Ehobosa Alex, was killed over the weekend after been strangled to death in his KIA RIO salon car by two lagos men, Osaro Egbomrewe and Michael Eyeoekpe.

When asked to give a detailed account of what happened over the weekend, Osaro Egbomrewe, told press,

“I and Michael met at Ogba where I went to drink and we became friends. I told him how difficult things were for me that I needed to relocate to Benin to start all over again. It was at this point that Michael told me about a deal that could fetch me some money that we could get a car and then sell it to his boss. Michael then told me about one Alex (Emmanuel) who had a vehicle and we agreed to meet the following day. Since then we had been meeting and discussing how to buy the vehicle. “On the fateful day the Uber driver came, I was with Michael in his office and his friend Destiny was with him but I don’t know if he discussed the vehicle deal with Destiny.
Around 9:30p.m, we called the Uber driver to come and pick us at Tantalizer eatery at Ogba. I and Destiny were inside the vehicle with the driver, but Michael was outside while I was holding the belt. “Immediately I put the belt across the driver’s neck, Destiny dragged the belt and we strangled him. When we were satisfied that he was dead, we took his corpse to Oremeji Street and dumped him in front of a church around 10:30 p.m., without anybody noticing us. After killing the driver, we took the vehicle to Michael’s boss to sell it. The buyer then inquired from us where we got the vehicle from and Michael told him that we killed the owner. The buyer then said we should take the car away and Michael said we should take it to his house and park it outside, before taking it to another buyer in Benin. Later we were tracked to Benin, arrested and brought back to Lagos.”
While the Lagos State police commissioner, Fatai Owoseni, added,

“The suspects posed as passengers strangled the Uber driver and dumped his remains at Ogba and the vehicle was taken to Delta State, where it was recovered and the suspects arrested.”

The third suspect, Innevosa Emmanuel, is said to be at large.

http://www.techgirlng.com/

Re: Lagos Uber Driver Killed After Being Strangled By Passengers by spyroxy1(m): 3:19pm On Apr 12, 2017
These ones are mad criminals ooo
Re: Lagos Uber Driver Killed After Being Strangled By Passengers by Ncsamuel(m): 3:30pm On Apr 12, 2017
Can anything good come out of benin?
Re: Lagos Uber Driver Killed After Being Strangled By Passengers by greatnaija01: 3:48pm On Apr 12, 2017
GRADUALLY WITH OUR OWN HANDS WE ARE KILLING TECHNOLOGY and PROGRESSIVENESS in this economy.
so now HOME DELIVERY and HOME SERVICE is now a rip opportunity for ritual killing, kidnap and murder.
NAIJA WHYYYYYY

its so sad. Any good innovation that comes into Nigeria must just be strangled like this uber driver.... PEOPLE SHOULD NOT BLAME THE GOVERNMENT.... we all are responsible one way or the other

1 Like

Re: Lagos Uber Driver Killed After Being Strangled By Passengers by Nobody: 5:32pm On Apr 12, 2017
greatnaija01:
GRADUALLY WITH OUR OWN HANDS WE ARE KILLING TECHNOLOGY and PROGRESSIVENESS in this economy.
so now HOME DELIVERY and HOME SERVICE is now a rip opportunity for ritual killing, kidnap and murder.
NAIJA WHYYYYYY

its so sad. Any good innovation that comes into Nigeria must just be strangled like this uber driver.... PEOPLE SHOULD NOT BLAME THE GOVERNMENT.... we all are responsible one way or the other

It's unfortunate embarassed the poor man was just trying to earn and honest living till this happened. There needs to be more security measures put in place so things like this won't happen again.
Re: Lagos Uber Driver Killed After Being Strangled By Passengers by Nobody: 5:36pm On Apr 12, 2017
Ncsamuel:
Can anything good come out of benin?

yes, truth be told it can happen anywhere. its just unfortunate.
Re: Lagos Uber Driver Killed After Being Strangled By Passengers by Ncsamuel(m): 11:59am On Apr 13, 2017
techgirlng:

yes, truth be told it can happen anywhere. its just unfortunate.
so u be benin girl abi?
Re: Lagos Uber Driver Killed After Being Strangled By Passengers by Nobody: 2:15am On Apr 14, 2017
Ncsamuel:
so u be benin girl abi?

No sir grin
Re: Lagos Uber Driver Killed After Being Strangled By Passengers by nursennenny(f): 3:07pm On Apr 14, 2017
What a pity
But please note "he died after being strangled " not killed after being strangled

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Lesbian Caught Trying To Rape Pregnant Woman In Lagos / Lady's Corpse Dumped Overnight, Hair Shaved In Sapele, Delta State (photo) / 10 Things Some SARS Officers Don’t Want You To Know -

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.