Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,341 members, 7,822,616 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:52 PM

5 Surprising Signs Of Intelligence - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 5 Surprising Signs Of Intelligence (4733 Views)

Nine Types Of Intelligence / According To Psychologist, There Are Three Types Of Intelligence. / Is Fluency In English Not Really A Measure Of Intelligence? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Surprising Signs Of Intelligence by Opinionated: 3:59pm On Apr 12, 2017
Unfortunately, we very often belittle ourselves and fail to recognize how intelligent we are. Jumia Travel, the leading online travel agency, shares 5 surprising signs that confirm intelligence.

You Don’t See Yourself as Smart

This phenomenon is called the Dunning-Kruger effect. It’s a cognitive bias in which people who are actually smart and intelligent, or in other words high ability individuals, tend to underestimate their intellect, ‘under-sell’ themselves and erroneously assume tasks which are easy for them are easy for others (until they of course find out it isn’t so).

You Have a Good Sense of Humour

You might not be able to pull off stand-up comedy, but you do have a good sense of humour and people tend to find your comments, statements or actions humourous. This is considered a sign of intelligence. Intelligence and a good sense of humour are strongly correlated because humour requires a high level of verbal skills, critical thinking and creativity. It also reveals a good ability to relate with others.

You Had a Reading Habit as a Child

People who had the habit of reading as a child are considered intelligent. This is because children with good average reading skills tend to have higher than average verbal reasoning as they age. They also tend to do well in non-verbal tests and perform well in abstract thinking, general cognition and pattern finding.

You’re Musically Inclined

Research has shown that musicians have structurally and functionally different brains from non-musicians. The areas of the brain used to process music in musicians (be it for a singer, instrumentalist etc.) are more active. The effect of music on cognition and intelligence is so profound that even just learning to play a musical instrument can change the neurophysiology of the brain which can help your mood, memory and ability to learn languages.

You’re Internet Savvy

Knowing your way around the internet to source for needed information and answers to questions is another sign of intelligence. Most experts believe that the internet benefits intelligence and tends to make people smarter, as long as it is used productively.

Source: http://www.opinions.ng/5-surprising-signs-intelligence/

cc: Lalasticlala, Mynd44

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 5 Surprising Signs Of Intelligence by GloriaNinja(f): 4:06pm On Apr 12, 2017
HIAN!
Re: 5 Surprising Signs Of Intelligence by Nobody: 6:11pm On Apr 12, 2017
Wow.. This is me
Re: 5 Surprising Signs Of Intelligence by Bahddo(m): 7:08pm On Apr 12, 2017
Ouch! So no hope for us wey no dey musically inclined or wey no read huge books at age 5. sad

1 Like

Re: 5 Surprising Signs Of Intelligence by Nobody: 7:20pm On Apr 12, 2017
HenryDion:
Wow.. This is me

No it isn't you, you failed criterion one.

21 Likes

Re: 5 Surprising Signs Of Intelligence by Nobody: 9:35pm On Apr 12, 2017
6) You know Lalasticlala always approves of his special "pets" being shown here on NL. grin

7) You know Mynd44 has been insulted so many times, if it were converted to money, you fit buy Nairaland from Seun grin grin grin

cool You know a crime post will always have NCAN in it grin

But let's be serious here. Different people might have different frames and strengths of intelligence but no one is a dullard. Well, except for Buha- lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

"If you measure a fish's intelligence by its ability to climb trees, it'll spent it's whole life believing it's stupid"

1 Like

Re: 5 Surprising Signs Of Intelligence by falcon01: 9:37pm On Apr 12, 2017
You Don’t See Yourself as Smart
actually i see myself as smart

You Had a Reading Habit as a Child
what category of reading?? school stuff or just any book if its the later then yes i do.
Re: 5 Surprising Signs Of Intelligence by Nobody: 9:48pm On Apr 12, 2017
Vorpal:

No it isn't you, you failed criteria one.
Lol, true
Re: 5 Surprising Signs Of Intelligence by SafeDavid(m): 9:50pm On Apr 12, 2017
Yes I'm all of that and more. grin
Re: 5 Surprising Signs Of Intelligence by pressplay411(m): 10:21pm On Apr 12, 2017
Vorpal:

criterion. sry couldn't resist. grin

1 Like

Re: 5 Surprising Signs Of Intelligence by pressplay411(m): 10:25pm On Apr 12, 2017
SirWere:
6) You know Lalasticlala always approves of his special "pets" being shown here on NL. grin

7) You know Mynd44 has been insulted so many times, if it were converted to money, you fit buy Nairaland from Seun grin grin grin

cool You know a crime post will always have NCAN in it grin

But let's be serious here. Different people might have different frames and strengths of intelligence but no one is a dullard. Well, except for Buha- lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

"If you measure a fish's intelligence by its ability to climb trees, it'll spent it's whole life believing it's stupid"

Intelligence is adequate application of knowledge.

So by that premise, a fish climbing trees? biko by that analogy your low/non intelligence is beginning to show.
Re: 5 Surprising Signs Of Intelligence by Nobody: 10:28pm On Apr 12, 2017
pressplay411:

criterion.
sry couldn't resist. grin
Okay
Re: 5 Surprising Signs Of Intelligence by Idydarling(f): 10:29pm On Apr 12, 2017
did all that. nothing special
Re: 5 Surprising Signs Of Intelligence by Nobody: 10:34pm On Apr 12, 2017
Vorpal:

Work on your grammar first. You sucks!
Re: 5 Surprising Signs Of Intelligence by Bahddo(m): 10:52pm On Apr 12, 2017
HenryDion:

Work on your grammar first. You sucks!
em... bro, it's 'suck' that goes with 'you', not 'sucks'.

Relax and join us under the canopy for the 'less-than-intelligent' grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Surprising Signs Of Intelligence by Skinnienigga(m): 11:19pm On Apr 12, 2017
Just see how in a lame attempt to take a swing at someone you have shot yourself in the leg. Olodo oshi. Simple English you cannot understanding.

pressplay411:

So by that premise, a fish climbing trees? biko by that analogy your low/non intelligence is beginning to show.
Re: 5 Surprising Signs Of Intelligence by pressplay411(m): 11:25pm On Apr 12, 2017
Skinnienigga:
Just see how in a lame attempt to take a swing at someone you have shot yourself in the leg. Olodo oshi. Simple English you cannot understanding.

Leave fight for those in the ring na?
You want to take a swing, wait your turn.

He might have made a valid point trying to stress that everyone has their different Strengths (not Intelligence) but biko that analogy was just so flawed and you both should be flogged.
Re: 5 Surprising Signs Of Intelligence by Chubhie: 11:26pm On Apr 12, 2017
As long as any human can read and write,I consider him or her intelligent.
Re: 5 Surprising Signs Of Intelligence by Nobody: 1:02am On Apr 13, 2017
Bahddo:
em... bro, it's 'suck' that goes with 'you', not 'sucks'.

Relax and join us under the canopy for the 'less-than-intelligent' grin

I can't comprehend your write up Mr. Just lie low...be dead! tongue
Re: 5 Surprising Signs Of Intelligence by KoyeTolu: 1:12am On Apr 13, 2017
Is this true?
Re: 5 Surprising Signs Of Intelligence by Nobody: 1:32am On Apr 13, 2017
e mean say I dull gan cry
Re: 5 Surprising Signs Of Intelligence by blaquebelle: 2:50am On Apr 13, 2017
me! cheesy
Re: 5 Surprising Signs Of Intelligence by peacettw: 7:03am On Apr 13, 2017
Vorpal:

No it isn't you, you failed criterion one.

Lol.

The first thing I thought of when I read the article was "Well, this must mean that most peeople are intelligent then since most will meet the criteria"

Still think it is a simple list with an ulterior motive to stroke most people's ego into thinking they are intelligent thus making the article go viral. Simply put, it's just a gimmick and can't be signs of true intelligence.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Surprising Signs Of Intelligence by Nobody: 7:31am On Apr 13, 2017
peacettw:

Lol.

The first thing I thought of when I read the article was "Well, this must mean that most peeople are intelligent then since most will meet the criteria"

Still think it is a simple list with an ulterior motive to stroke most people's ego into thinking they are intelligent thus making the article go viral. Simply put, it's just a gimmick and can't be signs of true intelligence.

wink
Re: 5 Surprising Signs Of Intelligence by princefunmmy(m): 7:57am On Apr 13, 2017
Re: 5 Surprising Signs Of Intelligence by Bahddo(m): 8:54am On Apr 13, 2017
HenryDion:

I can't comprehend your write up Mr. Just lie low...be dead! tongue
lol. You can't comprehend something so basic? Here I was thinking there were just two groups - the intelligent and those who are not.

Clearly you are in a third group all by yourself - the absolutely clueless. Ok, you and Buha a certain other person

Please go erect your own canopy tongue

1 Like

Re: 5 Surprising Signs Of Intelligence by Nobody: 11:38am On Apr 13, 2017
All I care about is Money I care less about intelligent but for the record my IQ is 999
Re: 5 Surprising Signs Of Intelligence by Nobody: 3:36pm On Apr 13, 2017
pressplay411:

You inability to comprehend what I was saying is a glaring sign of your "intelligence".
Re: 5 Surprising Signs Of Intelligence by Nobody: 3:37pm On Apr 13, 2017
peacettw:

Lol.

I'm curious, what makes you think so?
Re: 5 Surprising Signs Of Intelligence by pressplay411(m): 7:19pm On Apr 13, 2017
SirWere:
You inability to comprehend what I was saying is a glaring sign of your "intelligence".

My bad bruh. Was on a vexing ting.

Blame in on stress.
Cheers to d holidays grin
Re: 5 Surprising Signs Of Intelligence by LePrezident(m): 7:31pm On Apr 13, 2017
pressplay411:

My bad bruh. Was on a vexing ting.

Blame in on stress.
Cheers to d holidays grin

Stress? Wetin cause stress na? Dem break your heart?
Re: 5 Surprising Signs Of Intelligence by LePrezident(m): 7:35pm On Apr 13, 2017
OP, I vigorously disagree with the first criterion. The rest are good to go cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

This Is Unbelievable! This Traditional Ruler Should Break The Guinness Book! / West Africa Examination Council G.C.E 2008 In Progress. / Experience Of Gce Food And Nutrition Pratical

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.