Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,858 members, 7,810,287 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:37 AM

Senate Plans Law To Harvest 3 Trillion From Dormant Bank Accounts. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Plans Law To Harvest 3 Trillion From Dormant Bank Accounts. (25811 Views)

Osinbajo To Monitor Implementation Of ₦2.3 Trillion Stimulus Package / Senate Plans To Reschedule Presidential, NASS, Guber Elections / Magu: Senate Plans Fresh Showdown With Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Plans Law To Harvest 3 Trillion From Dormant Bank Accounts. by bobbybrown007: 8:23pm On Apr 12, 2017
ha, my domant account @ fidelity bank nko? Instead of me gaining from the govt the govt is taking from me abah
Re: Senate Plans Law To Harvest 3 Trillion From Dormant Bank Accounts. by delpee(f): 8:24pm On Apr 12, 2017
Echelle:
so this is why heritage bank refused to give me my late dad's money?

You need a Will or Letters of Administration to claim your late dad's money. Contact a lawyer. If you need help, visit the Office of the Public Defender ( only Lagos residents) or the equivalent in your state.
Re: Senate Plans Law To Harvest 3 Trillion From Dormant Bank Accounts. by Kingphenome(m): 8:33pm On Apr 12, 2017
They should continue,its just for a very short time,they should continue impoverishing the society,nation,people are dying,government workers are nt been paid deprived of their entitlement,entire populace Wallowing in preposterous poverty,suicide cases here nd there out of frustration,graduates battling with unemployment,inflation of naira,prices of goods and services,bad state of the economy,bad supply of electricity,anomalous corruption.And all their concrned abt z stealing our money.The only assurance i cngive them z dat it z my own generation they will be wiped off.i
I reserve d rest

1 Like

Re: Senate Plans Law To Harvest 3 Trillion From Dormant Bank Accounts. by tomsy2: 8:40pm On Apr 12, 2017
delpee:

You need a Will or Letters of Administration to claim your late dad's money. Contact a lawyer. If you need help, visit the Office of the Public Defender ( only Lagos residents) or the equivalent in your state.
@ Echelle:
(so this is why heritage bank refused to give me my late dad's money?)

There's a recent law in Oyo State dealing with small estates. If the amount in the account in not more than N500,000 you simply apply to the court for an order compelling the bank to release the funds to you (with proper identification of course). The court also orders that 5% be deducted and issued to the Admin General as Tax. Ask a lawyer if that is applicable in your state or can be manipulated to apply. I just found out too.

1 Like

Re: Senate Plans Law To Harvest 3 Trillion From Dormant Bank Accounts. by 6toolz: 8:41pm On Apr 12, 2017
wedeonline:
Hmmmm. I personally use two of my dormant accounts as my savings. Infact i have more funds there, so what happens if senate just take my money without my consent? Wrong move if you ask me because a lot of people saving for projects leave some account dormant and just make deposits only.
check the meaning of DORMANT in your dictionary please undecided
Re: Senate Plans Law To Harvest 3 Trillion From Dormant Bank Accounts. by destinychildolu(m): 8:52pm On Apr 12, 2017
wedeonline:
Hmmmm. I personally use two of my dormant accounts as my savings. Infact i have more funds there, so what happens if senate just take my money without my consent? Wrong move if you ask me because a lot of people saving for projects leave some account dormant and just make deposits only.
then that's not a dormant account
Re: Senate Plans Law To Harvest 3 Trillion From Dormant Bank Accounts. by Bennycollins: 9:02pm On Apr 12, 2017
What happens to an account with large amount left untouched by the owner who is still very much alive??
Re: Senate Plans Law To Harvest 3 Trillion From Dormant Bank Accounts. by delishpot: 9:09pm On Apr 12, 2017
Ewooooo! My €100 dey among o. Chai! My money e haf gone. It's well o.
Re: Senate Plans Law To Harvest 3 Trillion From Dormant Bank Accounts. by Nobody: 9:25pm On Apr 12, 2017
Somebody tell Buhari that i swear with blood that if anything happens to my money, whether in dormant accounts or as unclaimed dividends, i will wipe out his family and spend the rest of my life taking out his thieving senators.
Idiots. Oil money isn't enough for you to build infrastructure but you lots can steal millions of it for feeding in aso rock and junketting the world and leave the oil communities in dreadful tatters while arab nations use theirs to build and ease the life difficulties of their citizens.
Re: Senate Plans Law To Harvest 3 Trillion From Dormant Bank Accounts. by nefertitiram: 9:26pm On Apr 12, 2017
DickDastardly:
grin grin Now they'd be robbing the dead too grin cheesy

Why not focus on their usual stealing from the living? angry sad

The fate of the one who tried to rob "Old Roger's Apple Tree" awaits them smiley smiley

I thot it was a mango tree

'Huummnn Haaa, the mangoes grew ripee and ready to drop"... grin
Re: Senate Plans Law To Harvest 3 Trillion From Dormant Bank Accounts. by laudate: 9:34pm On Apr 12, 2017
Mr2kay3:
Just imagine Why don't dey trace the families instead

You want banks to trace families of the dead people who own the dormant accounts on their books? shocked How do you expect banks to declare profit, if they do such things? Many of them just hijack the accounts of those dead people, once they know there is no chance of them coming back to make a withdrawal. undecided

They find ways to restrict even the living, from getting access to their accounts. Is it now the dead, or should I say the relatives of the dead, that they would honour? Try taking a letter of administration or a certified will to a bank, in order to ask for access to the accounts of a deceased person who has named you as his beneficiary. That is when you would see the sly and deceitful nature of those banks coming to the fore. sad

They would stone-wall you, pretend that they do not understand what you are talking about, then turn around to rigmarole or dribble you, after doing all they can to frustrate you. Yeye people. angry
Re: Senate Plans Law To Harvest 3 Trillion From Dormant Bank Accounts. by GreatZaza(m): 10:58pm On Apr 12, 2017
obembet:
Many you will now understand that this set of criminals has nothing to offer .. No beta law that will Favour masses since 1999....

nawa o, nawa o,are you this dumb, or your hatred for senate has beclouded your judgement.
are the senate the once to use this said fund. did you not read where they mentioned ferma and electricity, or did they mention NASS budget, please lets learn to separate right from wrong irrespective of the actor.
thanks . grin
Re: Senate Plans Law To Harvest 3 Trillion From Dormant Bank Accounts. by Nobody: 11:04pm On Apr 12, 2017
GreatZaza:

nawa o, nawa o,are you this dumb, or your hatred for senate has beclouded your judgement.
are the senate the once to use this said fund. did you not read where they mentioned ferma and electricity, or did they mention NASS budget, please lets learn to separate right from wrong irrespective of the actor.
thanks . grin
No you're the dumb one. Did the owners not pay tax on the deposited incomes? Why must it be their savings your perpetually failed ferma and electricity sector must use to get their senses right? How many decades have you drilled petroleum and flared natural gas without anything to show for the sales? What makes you think that this "harvest" shall not be looted?
Thanks
Re: Senate Plans Law To Harvest 3 Trillion From Dormant Bank Accounts. by Adminisher: 12:54am On Apr 13, 2017
Antares:
No you're the dumb one. Did the owners not pay tax on the deposited incomes? Why must it be their savings your perpetually failed ferma and electricity sector must use to get their senses right? How many decades have you drilled petroleum and flared natural gas without anything to show for the sales? What makes you think that this "harvest" shall not be looted?
Thanks

I am sure "harvest" means borrowing the money at interest. There may be a special bond scheme for dormant funds. The Senate will not break the law by stealing Nigerians money
Re: Senate Plans Law To Harvest 3 Trillion From Dormant Bank Accounts. by mikolo80: 1:16am On Apr 13, 2017
DickDastardly:
grin grin Now they'd be robbing the dead too grin cheesy

Why not focus on their usual stealing from the living? angry sad

The fate of the one who tried to rob "Old Roger's Apple Tree" awaits them smiley smiley
nothing go happen. dem go chop clean mouth. no be una maga
Re: Senate Plans Law To Harvest 3 Trillion From Dormant Bank Accounts. by mikolo80: 1:17am On Apr 13, 2017
ramdris:
Am very angry right now
who your anger epp
Re: Senate Plans Law To Harvest 3 Trillion From Dormant Bank Accounts. by mikolo80: 1:19am On Apr 13, 2017
Ichemiya:
this pple are daft
yet they are chopping your money and you're looking. what does that make you, dafter?
Re: Senate Plans Law To Harvest 3 Trillion From Dormant Bank Accounts. by mikolo80: 1:20am On Apr 13, 2017
nairaman66:
Senate=house of commotion and fraud!!
house of hammer
Re: Senate Plans Law To Harvest 3 Trillion From Dormant Bank Accounts. by mikolo80: 1:21am On Apr 13, 2017
obembet:
Many you will now understand that this set of criminals has nothing to offer .. No beta law that will Favour masses since 1999....

who cares what you understand. Whatchu go'n do bout it
Re: Senate Plans Law To Harvest 3 Trillion From Dormant Bank Accounts. by mikolo80: 1:22am On Apr 13, 2017
Miles300:
Very useless leaders , has leadership come to this point ..?
yes. shebi you're happy with rice sharers and ponmo cutters
Re: Senate Plans Law To Harvest 3 Trillion From Dormant Bank Accounts. by mikolo80: 1:22am On Apr 13, 2017
superior1:
To throw the country into further reccession?, poor economic decision

poor for you. plenty for them
Re: Senate Plans Law To Harvest 3 Trillion From Dormant Bank Accounts. by mikolo80: 1:23am On Apr 13, 2017
GreenMavro:
shocked

This people did not give the masses anything yet they want to steal our monies from the bank angry angry
rice and entertainment,tribalism and religion nko. shebi that's what you voted for
Re: Senate Plans Law To Harvest 3 Trillion From Dormant Bank Accounts. by buskopam(m): 4:17am On Apr 13, 2017
Thieves! my accoun in Gtbank is dormant and I wouldn't want to reactivate it now to avoid unnecessary spending. that's the money am hoping to start up sth immediately after my service year.
Re: Senate Plans Law To Harvest 3 Trillion From Dormant Bank Accounts. by Nobody: 6:43am On Apr 13, 2017
Adminisher:

I am sure "harvest" means borrowing the money at interest. There may be a special bond scheme for dormant funds. The Senate will not break the law by stealing Nigerians money
Trust Nigerian politicians to your own peril. They have been outstandingly consistent from time immemorial. The other coffers they have been looting also belong to the people.
Re: Senate Plans Law To Harvest 3 Trillion From Dormant Bank Accounts. by Sarah20A(f): 7:23am On Apr 13, 2017
This is people sweet,why not use those billions of dollars recovered by efcc from those looters sad
Re: Senate Plans Law To Harvest 3 Trillion From Dormant Bank Accounts. by Meritocracy: 11:48am On Apr 13, 2017
wedeonline:
In this case your account is not domant since youre operating it. Your account becomes dormant after six month of neither withdraw nor deposit. You can still reactivate it before 10yrs since the proposed law says 10years. It is a good idea because some children are passing through hell to get their parents money due to bank stiff requests but with this bank will easily returns the money to next of kin cos they can no more claim it.
Re: Senate Plans Law To Harvest 3 Trillion From Dormant Bank Accounts. by wedeonline(m): 11:50am On Apr 13, 2017
6toolz:
check the meaning of DORMANT in your dictionary please undecided

destinychildolu:
then that's not a dormant account
Meritocracy:
In this case your account is not domant since youre operating it. Your account becomes dormant after six month of neither withdraw nor deposit. You can still reactivate it before 10yrs since the proposed law says 10years. It is a good idea because some children are passing through hell to get their parents money due to bank stiff requests but with this bank will easily returns the money to next of kin cos they can no more claim it.

Once your account lacks both withdrawal and deposit activities for 6 months it automatically is placed dormant. After it has been made dormant you can make deposits but withdrawal. Making deposits doesnt automatically make the account active, it still retains its dormant status. Till you fill an account reactivation form . So it goes beyond the dictionary definition, this is how Nigerian banks operate.

1 Like

Re: Senate Plans Law To Harvest 3 Trillion From Dormant Bank Accounts. by wedeonline(m): 11:57am On Apr 13, 2017
wedeonline:

Once your account lacks both withdrawal and deposit activities for 6 months it automatically is placed dormant. After it has been made dormant you can make deposits but withdrawal. Making deposits doesnt automatically make the account active, it still retains its dormant status. Till you fill an account reactivation form . So it goes beyond the dictionary definition, this is how Nigerian banks operate.
crackhouse:
if u make deposits then it's not dormant. Dormant means the acct is not operational for years. U don't deposit u don't withdraw.
Re: Senate Plans Law To Harvest 3 Trillion From Dormant Bank Accounts. by laudate: 2:22pm On Apr 13, 2017
wedeonline:

Any bank who tries this rubbish with me will be sued to an inch of its' life. sad So they can receive my money into their bank via my deposits for 6 months, but I cannot withdraw from the same account even though I have been making deposits into it? May thunder fire their backsides one by one! angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Unizik Students Cry To Government As Ifite Road Becomes A Death Trap - Pictures / Buhari Has Created 12 Million Jobs In Agric Sector Alone - Lai Mohammed / President Buhari Commissions Awala Roundabout Bauchi - Kano Road (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.