Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,609 members, 7,955,243 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:27 PM

Nigerian Universities With The Highest Number Of Professors - NUC - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Universities With The Highest Number Of Professors - NUC (74181 Views)

List Of Nigerian Universities With The Highest Number Of Professors (FULL LIST) / Okun Land Full Of Professors But No Single University In The Land. / The top 10 Nigerian universities with the highest number of professors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Universities With The Highest Number Of Professors - NUC by TheVictorious(m): 7:41pm On Apr 13, 2017
cashkid:
Ahmadu bello universityI remember Dino grin grin grin :DD....greatest Ahmaduiteeesss.......great....I hope say dem dey answer me ?

Dino's case may not have much the do with the professorship strength should there have been appropriate checks put in place.
Re: Nigerian Universities With The Highest Number Of Professors - NUC by monaPhilz: 7:43pm On Apr 13, 2017
idu1:
Thank God Kogi didn't take last....
we still dey house oh
Re: Nigerian Universities With The Highest Number Of Professors - NUC by WaleOsu(m): 7:48pm On Apr 13, 2017
kenonze:
I stopped reading the moment I saw uniport without any figure
Thank you! when I graduated from FUTA last year,there were 4 professors and 3 associate professors in my department alone...I was amazed when I saw 0
Re: Nigerian Universities With The Highest Number Of Professors - NUC by Cerebrae(m): 7:51pm On Apr 13, 2017
What year was this list compiled?
Definitely not this century.
There is noo such school as University of Ado Ekiti. Its now Ekiti State University, with professors.
You cannot also tell me there is no professor at the Federal university of technology Akure.

Defective Plagiarism.
Re: Nigerian Universities With The Highest Number Of Professors - NUC by murphyibiam15(m): 7:53pm On Apr 13, 2017
modelsms:
And UNN no dey there?
Lions and Lionesses .....
Census: Click like if you are a lion.
I am hosting lions in Enugu Campus of the den Easter sunday.
Btw check my signature.
venue please.. I am already in Enugu
Re: Nigerian Universities With The Highest Number Of Professors - NUC by gbenga4231: 7:54pm On Apr 13, 2017
So Federal University of Technology, akure... no prof... wrong information.
Re: Nigerian Universities With The Highest Number Of Professors - NUC by CurrentSamuel(m): 8:00pm On Apr 13, 2017
See where dem put UNIBEN ...very much embarrassing....the counter didn't count it well...my small faculty alone has 11 Prefessors
Re: Nigerian Universities With The Highest Number Of Professors - NUC by vatiqan(m): 8:05pm On Apr 13, 2017
Nigerians? We can copy anything; @Op, whedone o!
Re: Nigerian Universities With The Highest Number Of Professors - NUC by geekybabe(f): 8:07pm On Apr 13, 2017
This is a very useless list. I know over 30 profs in ekiti state university alone.
Re: Nigerian Universities With The Highest Number Of Professors - NUC by Emerituz(m): 8:09pm On Apr 13, 2017
TheVictorious:
Good one, UI and OAU leads in this. I will really like if we can also have the professor-student ratio!
I be great Ifeite tho
but no UNI is better in Prof/Student ratio than U.I
Re: Nigerian Universities With The Highest Number Of Professors - NUC by Nobody: 8:10pm On Apr 13, 2017
Statsocial:
Released by Peter Okebukola at the Association of Vice Chancellor's conference.

For Public universities only

The first screenshot is the top 10 rank while the other screenshots is the comprehensive list.

The professor list is indicative of researchers who are currently on Post doctoral supervision.

I don't understand the ranking. Is there different between a reader and a prof or they're both the same? How come Absu doesn't have any a prof but Fupre has shey fupre senior absu? How come in the ranking AAU Ekpoma.Imsu,BSU comes before Delsu because I see Delsu with more prof than the latter?
Re: Nigerian Universities With The Highest Number Of Professors - NUC by Emerituz(m): 8:11pm On Apr 13, 2017
modelsms:
And UNN no dey there?
Lions and Lionesses .....
Census: Click like if you are a lion.
I am hosting lions in Enugu Campus of the den Easter sunday.
Btw check my signature.
Check again
Re: Nigerian Universities With The Highest Number Of Professors - NUC by Amalision: 8:12pm On Apr 13, 2017
@OP The list is completely fake. Telling me that Enugu State University of Science and Technology (ESUT) has no professor is a confirm lie. There is Professor Mike Anyawaokoro in the department of Banking and Finance.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Universities With The Highest Number Of Professors - NUC by Nobody: 8:13pm On Apr 13, 2017
ChukwuJuwon:
IF Lagos state university doesn't make that list I will commit suicide
Lagoon loading [right][/right]
Re: Nigerian Universities With The Highest Number Of Professors - NUC by Nobody: 8:14pm On Apr 13, 2017
RoyalBoutique:

Futy? Tufiakwa!

Aboki professor no follow.

We are talking about renowned professors and not backyard professors.
A prof is a prof period
Re: Nigerian Universities With The Highest Number Of Professors - NUC by MizSparks(f): 8:15pm On Apr 13, 2017
Anybody who believes this list is as dumb as the Op. How can a university not have a single professor? Yet they've been graduating students from the institution.
Op go do your research before I vex tear you slap.
ESUT, no professor indeed. I hear you!.
I no fit count how many dey my faculty alone sef..
Re: Nigerian Universities With The Highest Number Of Professors - NUC by asakeaina: 8:17pm On Apr 13, 2017
#team unimaid#
Anyday, anytime

you got it all right bea

IF U WANT TO BE MADE COME TO UNIMAID
[/quote]
Re: Nigerian Universities With The Highest Number Of Professors - NUC by Nobody: 8:23pm On Apr 13, 2017
kenonze:
I stopped reading the moment I saw uniport without any figure

Proud Uniport graduate here. I also decided to ignore the list when I saw that part.

My Department alone could boast of a number of Professors doing research work for WorldBank, UNEP, International Oil Companies, etc. with research students under their supervision. Though years ago, I don't want to believe they all died and were never replaced.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Universities With The Highest Number Of Professors - NUC by TheVictorious(m): 8:24pm On Apr 13, 2017
wman:

OAU has 25,000 students at any given time (i'm 100% sure)

313/25,000=1/79.87

Why are you stating imaginary statistic just to underscore your sentiment. Kindly post a single link to verify your claim.

By the way are you a student of OAU If yes, why pretend not to be aware of your large student population, even an informed hazard guess will not give that figure you stated.

Now see what the following links have to say (pictures attached)!

OAU Website: over 26,000 follow link: http://www.oauife.edu.ng/research/ (see pic!)
Wikipedia: about 35,000 follow link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obafemi_Awolowo_University (see pic!)
4ICU profile (periodically updated by the school): about 29,999 follow link: http://www.4icu.org/reviews/3456.htm

Don't mislead people!

Re: Nigerian Universities With The Highest Number Of Professors - NUC by TheVictorious(m): 8:26pm On Apr 13, 2017
eyinjuege:
How can Uniport and FUTA not have any?

Impossicant!!!

Maybe they missed the submission deadline for the no of profs and associates?

Of course they do but were probably not assessed. I however don't think they've got more than the top universities listed there!
Re: Nigerian Universities With The Highest Number Of Professors - NUC by TheVictorious(m): 8:28pm On Apr 13, 2017
bayinq25:
I stopped reading when I saw Dino melaye's school.What a fraud.

ABU you mean. Dino doesn't own the school. It's his almamater, yes but just as much as it's the school of thousands of other graduates, students and staff!
Re: Nigerian Universities With The Highest Number Of Professors - NUC by TheVictorious(m): 8:29pm On Apr 13, 2017
Eddygourdo:
and when the obsolete being taught hasn't been learnt by our mentally unsound nigerian students

He actually did make a decent point!
Re: Nigerian Universities With The Highest Number Of Professors - NUC by TheVictorious(m): 8:34pm On Apr 13, 2017
calberian:

Staff/Student ratio is a standard criterion for the ranking of tertiary institutions globally. Contrary to your earlier submission, it actually paints a truer picture of what's available in an institution as regards the quality of obtainable learning and work being done there.

A good portion of the core academic staff of nigerian private universities have their origins in nigerian public schools but that doesn't exonerate the public schools from balancing this ratio subsequently.

If you have the comprehensive data on these schools, public and private, post it accordingly.

The same benchmarks should be used for public and private schools if the quality of Nigerian education is being addressed here.

True, the same benchmark apply for all, I also think all should be posted accordingly (both private and public) but trust Nigerians to quickly read a bias into the post and myopically criticize new and burgeoning private institutions, some of which may even have a negligible student population compared to their few professors!
Re: Nigerian Universities With The Highest Number Of Professors - NUC by Ola4shure(m): 8:34pm On Apr 13, 2017
Good one, but let's nt forget that prof. Is appointment by university, some got prof after 8 year of their Ph.D or less. , and some levture after Ph.D. For 30 years without one, ( it's jst like army , where ur work takes u to is col. The rest are base on appointment )
Let me speak from unilorin , many Dr leave becos dey refuse to give dem prof, and imidiately dey get to their new uni, dey giv dem, if u want me to name example, I can name 7, and we have some who still forget abt the politics and stay, Geology dept, is my case studies,
I stand to be corrected.... Jst my opinion
Re: Nigerian Universities With The Highest Number Of Professors - NUC by TheVictorious(m): 8:36pm On Apr 13, 2017
Delaw7:
lies!
FUTA with no prof ? that terrific.

FUTA was definitely not assessed!
Re: Nigerian Universities With The Highest Number Of Professors - NUC by TheVictorious(m): 8:37pm On Apr 13, 2017
Ekinematics:
I laugh when I saw both Universities(Uniport and RSUST) in Rivers State without professors. Hope this isn't the usual APC and PDP wahala.

Incomplete list.

Those schools were definitely not assessed.
Re: Nigerian Universities With The Highest Number Of Professors - NUC by TheVictorious(m): 8:38pm On Apr 13, 2017
DeHEIGHTS:
When I saw ABU I laughed!

Frankly speaking, I know the number of Professors, who are professors indeed, in that school cannot be more than 10.

You can become a professor in such institution, even when you're yet to defend your PhD thesis!

That's DINOsaur's theorem!

Dino's case has really wrecked havoc to the reputation of this school.
Re: Nigerian Universities With The Highest Number Of Professors - NUC by Nobody: 8:40pm On Apr 13, 2017
asuustrike2009:

I don't understand the ranking. Is there different between a reader and a prof or they're both the same? How come Absu doesn't have any a prof but Fupre has shey fupre senior absu? How come in the ranking AAU Ekpoma.Imsu,BSU comes before Delsu because I see Delsu with more prof than the latter?
Only the first screenshot is a rank which shows the top 10 universities. The other ones are just lists and are not arranged in any manner.
The Universities that are accorded zero probably didn't submit their data to NUC before the deadline for compilation.
The readers are associate professors not professors.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Universities With The Highest Number Of Professors - NUC by TheVictorious(m): 8:40pm On Apr 13, 2017
calyfresh:
university of Benin (uniben). supposed to be first on the list...

Why, you mean they have more prof than UI? proof?
Re: Nigerian Universities With The Highest Number Of Professors - NUC by toogbasky(m): 8:41pm On Apr 13, 2017
How my school go dey 29, we nor gree oooooo, we d Ekpoma guyz
Re: Nigerian Universities With The Highest Number Of Professors - NUC by TheVictorious(m): 8:42pm On Apr 13, 2017
chidubemjosh:
This list is from the pit of hell, EBSU I know has about 150 renowned professors and many associate pfofs
Your post though, looks like you were angry when you posted this but no big deal, maybe NUC no sabi dem. lol!
Re: Nigerian Universities With The Highest Number Of Professors - NUC by rampantlover: 8:46pm On Apr 13, 2017
Most of these universities are utter useless

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Federal Polytechnic Oko New Dress Code For Students Sparks Outrage / Full Meaning Of Pms,agp And Dpo. / 3 Covenant University Students Expelled Over Live Sex, Unclad Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.