Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,847 members, 7,810,264 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:29 AM

Samsung Retakes Global Smartphone Lead, Apple Down To Second - Trendforce - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung Retakes Global Smartphone Lead, Apple Down To Second - Trendforce (15729 Views)

Huawei Overtakes Samsung As Top Global Smartphone Maker – Report / Global Smartphone Sales Down 4% In Q1 To 330 Million - Report / Huawei Beat Apple For The Second Place In The Global Smartphone Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Samsung Retakes Global Smartphone Lead, Apple Down To Second - Trendforce by kingvectorv(m): 10:53pm On Apr 12, 2017
Samsung retook the lead in global smartphone sales in Q1 of 2017 by securing 26.1% of all sales, new report from TrendForce says. Apple returned to its usual second position with 16.9%
The study quotes strong performance of the Galaxy J series phones as the reason for the shift. Back in Q4 of 2016 Apple was on top with 20.3%, capitalizing on the launch of its iPhone 7 pair.
Along with Samsung Huawei was the only other brand to increase its share compared to the previous quarter, solidifying its grasp on the third place. Oppo, vivo and LG follow, but all lost ground compared to Q4 of 2016.
TrendForce also took a closer look at the Chinese manufacturers, who now combine to produce just over 46% of all smartphones. Xiaomi ranks fourth there, some way off the top three mentioned above, but gaining 2.1 percentage points in a single quarter. ZTE comes next and is also on the rise.
We are also in for a very interesting second quarter as newly launched flagships such as theHuawei P10, theSamsung Galaxy S8 and theLG G6 are bound to cause some movement in the shares. Xiaomi'sMi 6 iscoming out next week too, so there will be no shortage of exciting phones on the market.

Source: http://www.yukhub.com/236/samsung-retakes-global-smartphone-lead-apple-down-to-second-trendforce

Re: Samsung Retakes Global Smartphone Lead, Apple Down To Second - Trendforce by henrixx(m): 7:25am On Apr 13, 2017
oppo and vivo ke?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Samsung Retakes Global Smartphone Lead, Apple Down To Second - Trendforce by Absa: 7:26am On Apr 13, 2017
H1
Re: Samsung Retakes Global Smartphone Lead, Apple Down To Second - Trendforce by Mr2kay3: 7:26am On Apr 13, 2017
Build your well developed sites today hit me up via my signature
Re: Samsung Retakes Global Smartphone Lead, Apple Down To Second - Trendforce by tstx(m): 7:26am On Apr 13, 2017
Techno Users I Hail All Of Thee..

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Samsung Retakes Global Smartphone Lead, Apple Down To Second - Trendforce by Osasnidas(m): 7:26am On Apr 13, 2017
chinchun fones everywhere.. i believe in Samsung

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Samsung Retakes Global Smartphone Lead, Apple Down To Second - Trendforce by Nobody: 7:27am On Apr 13, 2017
no blackberry mtchew cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Samsung Retakes Global Smartphone Lead, Apple Down To Second - Trendforce by joey4sheva(m): 7:27am On Apr 13, 2017
Where is Tekno or Gionee or Infinix.. Our pocket friendly products

3 Likes

Re: Samsung Retakes Global Smartphone Lead, Apple Down To Second - Trendforce by veinless(f): 7:27am On Apr 13, 2017
yeah that's my brand

2 Likes

Re: Samsung Retakes Global Smartphone Lead, Apple Down To Second - Trendforce by Nobody: 7:28am On Apr 13, 2017
What about Blackberry or have you all forgotten about pinging lori BBM? grin cheesy grin

3 Likes

Re: Samsung Retakes Global Smartphone Lead, Apple Down To Second - Trendforce by homirefacuny(m): 7:28am On Apr 13, 2017
Thank God there is Samsung na.... Apple flagship phone like 7 and 7+ would have cost 1million plus.

7 Likes

Re: Samsung Retakes Global Smartphone Lead, Apple Down To Second - Trendforce by kennieG(m): 7:29am On Apr 13, 2017
Chinese brands will soon take over
Re: Samsung Retakes Global Smartphone Lead, Apple Down To Second - Trendforce by bongo007(m): 7:29am On Apr 13, 2017
We are in recession no money for phones..
Re: Samsung Retakes Global Smartphone Lead, Apple Down To Second - Trendforce by apoti(m): 7:30am On Apr 13, 2017
Kudos to Samsung, I can believe they made No. 1 despite how badthe Note7 turned out. Their market share would have been much more if not for the Note7 disaster.

14 Likes

Re: Samsung Retakes Global Smartphone Lead, Apple Down To Second - Trendforce by Jeezuzpick(m): 7:31am On Apr 13, 2017
OK. That's good.

At least BBNaija no dey did one.

That, too, shall pass.
Re: Samsung Retakes Global Smartphone Lead, Apple Down To Second - Trendforce by martineverest(m): 7:32am On Apr 13, 2017
And apple rakes 90% of the smart phone profit

5 Likes

Re: Samsung Retakes Global Smartphone Lead, Apple Down To Second - Trendforce by willian10: 7:33am On Apr 13, 2017
Where those tecno fans
Anyway I'm buying PayPal funds at a good rate
Whatsapp me
Re: Samsung Retakes Global Smartphone Lead, Apple Down To Second - Trendforce by hucienda: 7:33am On Apr 13, 2017
South Korea, thumbs up!

2 Likes

Re: Samsung Retakes Global Smartphone Lead, Apple Down To Second - Trendforce by Launcher: 7:33am On Apr 13, 2017
Wait o, Nokia no dey there.

3 Likes

Re: Samsung Retakes Global Smartphone Lead, Apple Down To Second - Trendforce by seunmsg(m): 7:33am On Apr 13, 2017
Where is Nokia, Techno, Infinix and BlackBerry?

1 Like

Re: Samsung Retakes Global Smartphone Lead, Apple Down To Second - Trendforce by Ogetogeo(m): 7:34am On Apr 13, 2017
And some educated dolt was talking trash about Xiaomi here the other day.

The Chinese ain't joking, you can see Huawei, Oppo, Vivo and Xiaomi mentioned up there.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Samsung Retakes Global Smartphone Lead, Apple Down To Second - Trendforce by mangala14(m): 7:34am On Apr 13, 2017
Okay
Re: Samsung Retakes Global Smartphone Lead, Apple Down To Second - Trendforce by osjoshua(m): 7:35am On Apr 13, 2017
tstx:
See us here
we don't have Rankings cos our ranking 2 much for them to handle. but anyway, na we get market sales pass! . cool

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Samsung Retakes Global Smartphone Lead, Apple Down To Second - Trendforce by Jeezuzpick(m): 7:35am On Apr 13, 2017
tstx:

I have a Tecno (Phantom 6) AND a Samsung (Note 3).

Rocking both.
Re: Samsung Retakes Global Smartphone Lead, Apple Down To Second - Trendforce by Akposb(m): 7:36am On Apr 13, 2017
The chart above is a true reflection of the buying power of countries in the world. Americans, Europeans and Asians are likely to patronize Samsung and the top companies rather than tecno and Infinix. Though, everybody na boss for their corner.

1 Like

Re: Samsung Retakes Global Smartphone Lead, Apple Down To Second - Trendforce by paskyboy: 7:38am On Apr 13, 2017
Phones are Overrated
Re: Samsung Retakes Global Smartphone Lead, Apple Down To Second - Trendforce by dabbyz(f): 7:38am On Apr 13, 2017
Samsung rocks

The best gift a parent can give to their children is a good education. check the link below
https://www.nairaland.com/3523842/introducing-babcock-academylink
Re: Samsung Retakes Global Smartphone Lead, Apple Down To Second - Trendforce by twilliamx(m): 7:39am On Apr 13, 2017
They deserve it with their new lines of master pieces

1 Like

Re: Samsung Retakes Global Smartphone Lead, Apple Down To Second - Trendforce by ajalawole(m): 7:42am On Apr 13, 2017
And some bae want to die ontop infinex cheesy

1 Like

Re: Samsung Retakes Global Smartphone Lead, Apple Down To Second - Trendforce by oyienootieno: 7:42am On Apr 13, 2017
joey4sheva:
Where is Tekno or Gionee or Infinix.. Our pocket friendly products

We are talking about machine brother, not toys. Just yesterday someone got offended when i said comparing Chinco and Samsung is like comparing Nissan and Benz... Statistic has answered that argument in less than 24hrs... BOL (Based On Logistic)

5 Likes

Re: Samsung Retakes Global Smartphone Lead, Apple Down To Second - Trendforce by oyienootieno: 7:47am On Apr 13, 2017
Akposb:
The chart above is a true reflection of the buying power of countries in the world. Americans, Europeans and Asians are likely to patronize Samsung and the top companies rather than tecno and Infinix. Though, everybody na boss for their corner.

Please get your fact right, Americans support their own even to phone sector its either Apple or Apple..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Glo Apn Settings For Fast And Stable Internet Connection / 24 Hours With Tecno's Latest Tablet. / What's The Fuss About Killing Phone Calls?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.