Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,466 members, 7,816,090 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:06 AM

Coincidence - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Coincidence (407 Views)

Coronavirus: Was The WUHAN VIRUS Predicted In This Book Or Was It A Coincidence? / Coincidence / Coincidence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Coincidence by Nobody: 1:24am On Apr 13, 2017
Coincidence
Episode 1
Oritoke Adekola but my family call me Toke, am young and intelligent. I live with my uncle in Asaba until I realised it is time to go back home, to my parents. I packed my things and left without my uncle's wife and kids knowledge although my uncle knew of it
I boarded a bus going to Ilorin, the bus told us the passengers of the traffic hold up and he tends to take the short cut not knowing to us passengers that all he said was a lie. We got to one quiet street there are bushes and deep at that the driver and a man at the last sit that pretended to be a passenger brought out guns pointed it at us and everyone started shouting, I cant stop myself from covering my mouth with my hands and I was shaking all over.....they collect things like Money, necklaces, they collect the money with me nd after doing their worst they drove off
everyone won't stop shouting but no help showed,,,,,my eyes became so red I was stranded nd lost I thought of things nd then I remember how much am missing my family like I will never see them again i was so afraid
its already around 8pm in the night, the road is quiet the street is gentle and everywhere was silent, yet i'm never stopping still walking around till i find help..i tried to beg people for money they look at me as if am a thief or something, some rolled their eyes and hiss at me. i cried in my mind i was doing this when this car started honking at me I was going to run but I could I don't know but something is kind of holding me back and still telling me to run, I started walking faster and faster this car is still following me then I stopped to see what it is,,,,,now this gut is telling to stop being afraid and face what it is to be faced,,,yes I was so scared yet am prepared for the worst
The cars car's door opened nd I saw this tiny leg on heels I looked up it was a woman in head gear (gele) in peach coloured lace she approached me "young lady what are you doing all alone in this lonely street? could you believe I saw you at Ogiri this evening when I was going out and now you are here! I was quiet for a second and I didnt even know any Ogiri she just mentioned but still I managed to answer its nothing Ma, in my mind I was so happy she's a woman and not a man who might hurt me in this quiet street.....You cant be here this night my dear yes this is an estate still yet days ago a girl was raped so its very dangerous for u to be traipsing aimlessly around especially at night and you are a girl for that matter' said the woman.
I can't stop scratching my neck on hearing this I becm so scared nd this made me tell the woman I had no where to go or sleep for the night....she asked why is that and I told her its a very long story she sighed and offered to take me to her home I hesitated at first for she's nothing but a stranger the next thing was me in her car and she drove off

TBC
Good night landers.
Much love from Timma

(1) (Reply)

Routiner, Unrepentant And Penitent. / Complexity Of Nigeria By Wole Soyinka / The Comedy House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.