Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,528 members, 7,826,980 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:12 AM

Esther Nnamdi-Ogbue Owns The $50m Found In Ikoyi By EFCC – Sahara R. - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Esther Nnamdi-Ogbue Owns The $50m Found In Ikoyi By EFCC – Sahara R. (59356 Views)

Remivir: Ajimobi Was Defrauded Of N50m On Fake Drugs From Bangladesh - Sahara R. / Tinubu's Presidential Ambition Crumbles, Unable To Visit Aso Villa - Sahara R. / N5bn COVID-19 Personal Protective Equipment Fraud Uncovered In NDDC - Sahara R. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Esther Nnamdi-Ogbue Owns The $50m Found In Ikoyi By EFCC – Sahara R. by edoboi29(m): 8:48am On Apr 13, 2017
bongo007:
...U gat brain
I
Agree with u gbam
Re: Esther Nnamdi-Ogbue Owns The $50m Found In Ikoyi By EFCC – Sahara R. by Bsmartt(m): 8:49am On Apr 13, 2017
Grundig:

It is getting clearer now why many houses in abuja, Lekki, vi and ikoyi are forever empty.

You have a point there but it is also due to the greediness of the Owners/Real Estate Agents sad sad sad

1 Like

Re: Esther Nnamdi-Ogbue Owns The $50m Found In Ikoyi By EFCC – Sahara R. by itsRhamzy: 8:50am On Apr 13, 2017
The heart of man(woman) is indeed wicked...
I've heard of stories of huge sums of monies having the ability to drive men insane but never believed until yesterday....

I swear i couldn't sleep till this morning ever since I saw those mountainous cash recovered yesternight on NL.. If it was some pablo escobar bust, no problem with that.. But thinking this shyte happened in my beloved country where majority of the citizens can't boast of 1$ a day put some fear in me about the level of destruction of what our leaders have done to us.. The flashes of those monies made my heart pound in fear all through the night which brought up the question I've been asking myself since yesterday...

What does an indivial needed all these huge cash for? We
really need a revolution in this country but hell no, tribalism has eaten deep into the psyche of an average Nigerian.

2 Likes

Re: Esther Nnamdi-Ogbue Owns The $50m Found In Ikoyi By EFCC – Sahara R. by Jakumo(m): 8:51am On Apr 13, 2017
Ngokafor:

...My friend condemn the 'crime' itself and quit blabbing about females...Nairaland would not contain the atrocities perpetuated by your gender if they are being out-lined biko...99% of criminal politicians we have in this country who has messed up everything for everyone and still doing same are men..from Independence till date..

...Dont even get me started on your gender's criminal exploits local and abroad that has given this country the pariah status it has..from terrorism to drugs to scam and fraud to ritual killings to rape to homicidal fulani-herdsmen..just name it...

....Nigerian male holds the ace in all these and more so leave gender out of this 'crime'..

Thank you, maam, referring to me as your "friend" despite my not having the foggiest idea who you are. Your hysterical response notwithstanding, women have, in the Nigerian political arena, proven time and time again that they are by inherent nature compelled to steal, and steal BIG, the INSTANT their manicured claws gain unfettered access to state funds or petroleum export proceeds.

Certainly men have perpetrated their share of "creative accounting" over the years, BUT, I will venture to claim that while perhaps 50% of male politicians succumb to criminality and commit embezzlement, the statistics for women, based on well-publicized instances of female kleptomaniacs in Nigeria's corridors of power, would be closer to a good 95% of female "public servants" who would steal compulsively, by pure animal instinct and without hesitation.

I perfectly understand your anguish over being confronted with the sad reality about the female gender's impulses when it comes to money, but reality can often be extremely unpalatable, which is clearly the case here. Do have a nice day, and keep impotent rage at bay as best you can.

4 Likes

Re: Esther Nnamdi-Ogbue Owns The $50m Found In Ikoyi By EFCC – Sahara R. by stallionng: 8:52am On Apr 13, 2017
Ex President Jonathan should be made to answer to all his fraudulent governance of looting our Treasury. here again is a mind burgling rape of our economy by one of his agents.why shouldn't the economy crumble with such mindless,irrational financial rape? he should be arrested. pronto.no body should be above the law or sacred cow.
who ever says Buhari is to blame for the bad economy is a hypocrite.He is rebuilding the destroyed economy. pls Mr President go on with your good job.which economy will survive such wicked rape..give Buhari a second tenor to set the economy free from corruption
masses mandate movement against corruption

2 Likes

Re: Esther Nnamdi-Ogbue Owns The $50m Found In Ikoyi By EFCC – Sahara R. by Ngokafor(f): 8:52am On Apr 13, 2017
obailala:
2 things I know:

1. Selective justice is a million times better than ZERO justice.
2. Expecting a govt to probe itself is pointless, especially in our systemless African society.

Nothing can be more unwise than to do NOTHING, simply because you cannot do everything. Nigeria today has no systems in place that can facilitate a sitting govt probing itself. Wake up from that wild utopian dream. The best time Tinubu and co should have been probed was before they got to power, expecting them to probe themselves now is just meaningless. Tinubu was in opposition for 16 years, the failure of the govt in those 16 years is the reason Tinubu and co arent in jail now. If those past admins did the right thing by probing thieves (even if it meant only the thieves in opposition), fastforward to 2015 and we would have had true saints ruling Nigeria today. I wonder hoe so many people cant discern this simple logic.

..No true at all..Selective justuce is as useless as Zero justice...fact.

...Obasanjo did the same'corruption fight' which was essentially a ploy to hunt his enemies and not for the good of the country...Okadigbo and co were removed based on 'corruption'' yet the corruption in the senate simply escalated thereafter..

...The truth of the matter is that useless corruption fights like the ones embarked upon by Obasanjo with his EFCC then and now buhari will simply make criminals to troop to APC just like they all did to PDP to continue their loot and plunder knowing hey will be free to do so..

...Except you are determined to fool yourself for ever,what exactly has been achieved so far??...

..The truth of the matter is that a strong man to 'fight' corruption' in Nigeria now will not WORK!...Corruption has eaten deep into the fabrics of the average Nigerian to be eradicated by one weak man like buhari,who is saturated by corruption and corrupt allies.

..Strong institutions to discourage corruption and make it impossible for people to be corrupt is what any serious-minded leader should focus on not this cirrcus going on right now..

..Example was the fertilizer policy of the former Minister of Agriculture Adesina,who made it impossible for criminal middle-men to syphone fertilizers to themselves to sell at astronomical prices to farmers, thereby making fertilizers readily available to the farmers directly...Thats what we should be working on...STRONG INSTITUTIONS,NOT STRONG MAN.
Re: Esther Nnamdi-Ogbue Owns The $50m Found In Ikoyi By EFCC – Sahara R. by Bsmartt(m): 8:54am On Apr 13, 2017
This is the aftermath of BVN and the Cashless Policy. NNPC Directors are ......... sad

1 Like

Re: Esther Nnamdi-Ogbue Owns The $50m Found In Ikoyi By EFCC – Sahara R. by airminem(f): 8:56am On Apr 13, 2017
Men are the ones that currupt these good women. Badleadership

1 Like

Re: Esther Nnamdi-Ogbue Owns The $50m Found In Ikoyi By EFCC – Sahara R. by rusher14: 8:56am On Apr 13, 2017
hedonistic:

That's mere wishful thinking. Remember that you would deal with real NIGERIAN human beings in the EFCC while providing information about money stashed somewhere. You would have to provide some details about yourself and all that for record/documentation purposes. It's very easy for someone right there in the EFCC to rat out on you and expose your identity to the person you snitched on.

I don't see this whistle-blowing thing going very far. It's just a temporary fad that would lose steam very soon when people realise it's not worth it.

Besides, remember that no whistle blower has been paid and will be paid UNTIL the court gives a verdict on the cases involving the money... Which can take years. It's not as if you will be paid some days after the EFCC confiscated money from an apartment.

Still worth it.

If Nigerians would send random emails to unknown people outside our shores to defraud them, why not rat on a criminal and make some money from it?

Some forfeitures could be pretty quick by the way.

Thirdly, one can always use a known face to mask the true identity of the whistle-blower. E.g. Use Sowore, Falana, Ozekhome Keyamo etc.
Re: Esther Nnamdi-Ogbue Owns The $50m Found In Ikoyi By EFCC – Sahara R. by gurnam: 8:56am On Apr 13, 2017
airminem:

i guess so. but what happens when you are not adequately protectd when you take the risk?

Madam, look at it this way;

The breakdown of the money found in the house is $43.4million, £27,800 and N23.2million.

That money in Naira term is close to N18b, I will blow not only a whistle but a bugle on that and think about the consequences later.

1 Like

Re: Esther Nnamdi-Ogbue Owns The $50m Found In Ikoyi By EFCC – Sahara R. by Bimpe29: 8:58am On Apr 13, 2017
Hmn! Nigerians let us be hopeful of God's mercy and love.

It is apparent that our leaders are not merciful to us.

In fact, 99.9% of them are wicked, selfish and irresponsible.

1 Like

Re: Esther Nnamdi-Ogbue Owns The $50m Found In Ikoyi By EFCC – Sahara R. by GenBloodykiIler: 8:59am On Apr 13, 2017
[s]
omenkaLives:
Trust be, the day of reckoning is drawing ever closer for David Mark. The day he'd be busted, Nigerians would realise what a poor man Dangote is.

Those closest to him can testify.
[/s]
shatap
Re: Esther Nnamdi-Ogbue Owns The $50m Found In Ikoyi By EFCC – Sahara R. by Ngokafor(f): 9:00am On Apr 13, 2017
Jakumo:

Thank you, maam, referring to me as your "friend" despite my not having the foggiest idea who you are. Your hysterical response notwithstanding, women have, in the Nigerian political arena, proven time and time again that they are by inherent nature compelled to steal, and steal BIG, the INSTANT their manicured claws gain unfettered access to state funds or petroleum export proceeds.

Certainly men have perpetrated their share of "creative accounting" over the years, BUT, I will venture to claim that while perhaps 50% of male politicians succumb to criminality and commit embezzlement, the statistics for women, based on well-publicized instances of female kleptomaniacs in Nigeria's corridors of power, would be closer to a good 95% of female "public servants" who would steal compulsively, by pure animal instinct and without hesitation.

I perfectly understand your anguish over being confronted with the sad reality about the female gender's impulses when it comes to money, but reality can often be extremely unpalatable, which is clearly the case here. Do have a nice day, and keep impotent rage at bay as best you can.

...As expected,its just mumbo jumbo,lies and distortion of fact..why say 50%??..why not 10 or 5%? cheesy...Nigerian male accusing females of corruption and criminality in Nigeria...i laugh.

...Have a nice day and dont forget to keep lies and distortion of facts at bay..
Re: Esther Nnamdi-Ogbue Owns The $50m Found In Ikoyi By EFCC – Sahara R. by airminem(f): 9:00am On Apr 13, 2017
gurnam:

Madam, look at it this way;

The breakdown of the money found in the house is $43.4million, £27,800 and N23.2million.

That money in Naira term is close to N18b, I will blow whistle on that and think about the consequences later.

Vicious You Man
Re: Esther Nnamdi-Ogbue Owns The $50m Found In Ikoyi By EFCC – Sahara R. by gbegemaster(m): 9:02am On Apr 13, 2017
awelekiti:
When sanusi lamido, the emir of Kano and the first whistle blower in the history of Nigerian civil service cried fowl in the affairs of nnpc and missing billions of dollars,when our clueless president who only signs papers without cross-checking was still in power, madam okonjo, diezani and their boss gej attacked him that he's lying. They kept presenting doctored audited accounts to him in order to prove him wrong. Now, the man has been vindicated, given all that had been playing out in recent times from the former GMD's stashed millions of dollar in a kaduna village, to this innocent-looking lady's home made forex bank. This is just a tip of the iceberg, compared to many more of such, stashed everywhere in the country. No wonder the NA kept saying they don't want magu. Whether they like it or not, the appointment of magu remains. It doesn't matter if the NA confirms him or not. The president could use his executive order, just the way the NA could use their veto power on Mr president on certain matters, if he refuses to approve their requests. No wonder this country has always remained stagnant. They prefer their homes to keeping money to the banks, especially since the BVN regime came into effect. Millions of Nigerian youths are out there, looking for job that's not even available. These are the people denying them their benefits as nigerians. I'm still waiting for the prosecution of that former finance minister. PDP had every opportunity to rewrite Nigerian history but they messed up big time. More of this will still be discovered. This woman must be made to spend the rest of her life in jail. Ole!
It's easy to run your mouth now that Buhari is in power. Come 2019 when we eject him then you will really know the type of stealing that has been going on in his government. Then we can compare with the so called clueless GEJ

1 Like

Re: Esther Nnamdi-Ogbue Owns The $50m Found In Ikoyi By EFCC – Sahara R. by nkemjacob2(m): 9:03am On Apr 13, 2017
i wont blame them or even politicians it was as a result of the weak system / laws (constitution) which OBJ, IBB and others laid down for nigeria.

indeed nigeria is a zoo country. nnamdi kanu is a prophet
Re: Esther Nnamdi-Ogbue Owns The $50m Found In Ikoyi By EFCC – Sahara R. by airminem(f): 9:07am On Apr 13, 2017
(in Charles Soludo Voice) Oshomole Is A Liar. Lol
Re: Esther Nnamdi-Ogbue Owns The $50m Found In Ikoyi By EFCC – Sahara R. by Jakumo(m): 9:09am On Apr 13, 2017
Ngokafor:

...As expected,its just mumbo jumbo,lies and distortion of fact..why say 50%??..why not 10 or 5%? cheesy...Nigerian male accusing females of corruption and criminality in Nigeria...i laugh.

...Have a nice day and dont forget to keep lies and distortion of facts at bay..

Good to read this honest acknowledgement that you have finally embraced the truth, ma'am, regardless of its impact on your health and emotional balance. Your appreciative response is noted for the record.
Re: Esther Nnamdi-Ogbue Owns The $50m Found In Ikoyi By EFCC – Sahara R. by ikp120(m): 9:09am On Apr 13, 2017
ipobarecriminals:
One of the SHOELESS ONE LEGACY. STEALING IS NOT CORRUPTION. in our developers jews voice/language" lif that woman alone, nah her money the same way mama peace stashed her own loot away.E nor go better for PDP OOOO
But the woman's appointment was under Buhari na. The stealing was also under Buhari. Shuo, wetin concern Jonathan with this one again? undecided
Re: Esther Nnamdi-Ogbue Owns The $50m Found In Ikoyi By EFCC – Sahara R. by Jakumo(m): 9:12am On Apr 13, 2017
ikp120:

But the woman's appointment was under Buhari na. The stealing was also under Buhari. Shuo, wetin concern Jonathan with this one again? undecided

Keep ALL women safely in the secretarial pool, far, far away from any cash, and the world will turn.
Re: Esther Nnamdi-Ogbue Owns The $50m Found In Ikoyi By EFCC – Sahara R. by Psoul(m): 9:12am On Apr 13, 2017
One thing i like about money is that u cant hide it. No matter how hard you try to hide it, it must still be shouting at the top of its voice...."I'm here oooo"
Re: Esther Nnamdi-Ogbue Owns The $50m Found In Ikoyi By EFCC – Sahara R. by hedonistic: 9:19am On Apr 13, 2017
rusher14:

Still worth it.

If Nigerians would send random emails to unknown people outside our shores to defraud them, why not rat on a criminal and make some money from it?

Some forfeitures could be pretty quick by the way.

Thirdly, one can always use a known face to mask the true identity of the whistle-blower. E.g. Use Swore, Falana, Ozekhome Keyamo etc.

Let's agree that it is easy to 'anonymously' snitch on a looter using random emails and fake identities... But the hard part is receiving your so-called snitch commission. You'll have to be documented... We are talking about a Nigerian government agency and the typical Nigerian bureaucratic red-tape bottlenecks. The money would have to be delivered to you somehow... Wire transfer, cheque, or cash. In the midst of all that, someone there in the EFCC has to interact with you. Your identity can be easily ascertained along the line and revealed to the aggrieved looter in exchange for bribes.

And if I am that aggrieved looter, God knows I'll place a price on your head with an open cheque.. I'll spend my last dollar hunting you down in any part of the world. Only a million dollars would be more than enough to get the best mercenary snipers and Eastern European hired killers to track you down anywhere on God's green Earth. If you couldn't let me enjoy my loot in peace, then there's no way you can enjoy your snitch commission in peace too. The kind of people who are rich and audacious enough to stash millions of dollars in cash at home are too dangerous and the stakes are too high.

Unless you're anonymously whistle-blowing for its own sake (to expose looters and make the world a better place, lol), not because you expect to get paid a commission in return, then it's too dangerous and not worth the risk.

3 Likes

Re: Esther Nnamdi-Ogbue Owns The $50m Found In Ikoyi By EFCC – Sahara R. by jpphilips(m): 9:23am On Apr 13, 2017
obyrich:
God! What did we commit to deserve this manner of wickedness meted on us by our lesders?

The leaders are c0ck sure we dont have sense!!
Re: Esther Nnamdi-Ogbue Owns The $50m Found In Ikoyi By EFCC – Sahara R. by karma2000: 9:27am On Apr 13, 2017
first it was dieziani now esther ogbue oh KARMA do not relent ur strength in dealing with these household witches in power
Re: Esther Nnamdi-Ogbue Owns The $50m Found In Ikoyi By EFCC – Sahara R. by dignity33: 9:27am On Apr 13, 2017
When the money belong to PDP the name will surface but if is APC nobody will know the owner of the money, please can we know who owns the money recovered in Kadunna Airport and those recovered at bureau de change and the one locked at the store in the same Lagos ?
Re: Esther Nnamdi-Ogbue Owns The $50m Found In Ikoyi By EFCC – Sahara R. by Nobody: 9:27am On Apr 13, 2017
uridadole:
WHERE IS THE BIG DEAL IN THIS NEWS? PEOPLE STEALING MONEY THAT CANNOT BUY A PEUGEOT CAR. STEALING IS NOT CORRUPTION.

IN THE WORDS OF THEIR HERO
You are wrong, that was not what he meant.

He said that if someone steal, say that the steal, not corruption so that the old people in the villages will understand.

For instance, you are supporting politicians of your choice, even when you are aware that he/she is not performing "That means you are corrupt". Not when you stole is corruption.
Re: Esther Nnamdi-Ogbue Owns The $50m Found In Ikoyi By EFCC – Sahara R. by Zedoo(m): 9:28am On Apr 13, 2017
Ahahaha and the poor will come and scream "death to thieves"....while they still parade your national assembly and executive corridors...
If its by to find dollars that is worrying the economy, economy for dun recover since.

Government is occupying your mind with bullshit in the reality that they can't deliver on their promises....

And at the end of the day, the "recovered" funds will be nowhere to be found in the national treasury, neither will anybody know what happened to it....

And the thieves will CONTINUE TO WALK FREE AS AIR....

Stop wasting your time screaming that people want to kill your country, get productive and do something creative, in your little way....

You can grow your commodity to a height reasonable to attract foreign exchange and export market...

All this screaming CANNOT HELP YOU...
It is not today "looted" funds started appearing and DISAPPEARING.
Re: Esther Nnamdi-Ogbue Owns The $50m Found In Ikoyi By EFCC – Sahara R. by ReachHard: 9:29am On Apr 13, 2017
Hmmmmmmm... Women....
Re: Esther Nnamdi-Ogbue Owns The $50m Found In Ikoyi By EFCC – Sahara R. by uju22(f): 9:32am On Apr 13, 2017
Can you just imagine
Re: Esther Nnamdi-Ogbue Owns The $50m Found In Ikoyi By EFCC – Sahara R. by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 9:34am On Apr 13, 2017
kaorama:
And this money was stolen under PMB's watch

LOL are you this daft?
Re: Esther Nnamdi-Ogbue Owns The $50m Found In Ikoyi By EFCC – Sahara R. by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 9:35am On Apr 13, 2017
Bridget95:
EFFC doing a nice job. let them do a better job on probing and collecting billions of dollars stolen by thievnu,brf,baba iyabo and co and plunge the money into vital areas of the economy to boost it instead of siezing money only to be stolen by crooks in this government.

It won't cost you 1k naira to blow whistle on them girl so do the needful and stop wailing..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

1979 Class Of President, VP , Governors Etc Only Two Are Still Alive (Full List) / Goodluck Jonathan Returns Back To Nigeria,Given A Lovely Welcome(photo) / Musa Wada Emerges PDP Guber Candidate In Kogi As Dino Melaye Loses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.