Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,533 members, 7,819,914 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:29 AM

Recession: Nigerian Government May Scrap Foreign Scholarships - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Recession: Nigerian Government May Scrap Foreign Scholarships (9815 Views)

How To Apply For 2018 NDDC Foreign Scholarships For Nigerians / How To Survive In A Nigerian Campus In This Recession / RECESSION: Increment FUTO School Fees And The Plight Of The Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Recession: Nigerian Government May Scrap Foreign Scholarships by madenigga(m): 7:37am On Apr 13, 2017
Let them scrap it.
Instead let those universities come and establish a campus here in Nigeria even if its to bring in foreign lecturers no problem
Re: Recession: Nigerian Government May Scrap Foreign Scholarships by mangala14(m): 7:39am On Apr 13, 2017
There was a country

1 Like

Re: Recession: Nigerian Government May Scrap Foreign Scholarships by Nobody: 7:46am On Apr 13, 2017
yeyeboi:
To Hell With This Current Government, Today Is My Birthday Abeg Make Una Show Me Love. grin smiley

u and my bae dey share d same date... 100000likes for you
Re: Recession: Nigerian Government May Scrap Foreign Scholarships by harriet412(f): 7:46am On Apr 13, 2017
I just tire for this country.

1 Like

Re: Recession: Nigerian Government May Scrap Foreign Scholarships by yeyeboi(m): 7:53am On Apr 13, 2017
nunamyeong:

u and my bae dey share d same date... 100000likes for you

Na so grin
Re: Recession: Nigerian Government May Scrap Foreign Scholarships by abbeyty(m): 7:55am On Apr 13, 2017
why these fools loathe education like this ? well it better than sending them to oversea in the name of studying and abandon them there after few weeks

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Recession: Nigerian Government May Scrap Foreign Scholarships by sirusX(m): 7:57am On Apr 13, 2017
With their delay in processesing, they even seem like they abandoned we that are current scholars of the local scholarship.

I wonder what would happen to those currently preparing to write the exam for the next scholarship
Re: Recession: Nigerian Government May Scrap Foreign Scholarships by EazyMoh(m): 8:01am On Apr 13, 2017
Lai Lai! After my preparation to study in the UK are in full swing? Grey should leave that thing o!
Re: Recession: Nigerian Government May Scrap Foreign Scholarships by mypains: 8:04am On Apr 13, 2017
Afriifa:
But First class trips to foreign Countries by corrupt politicians aren't cancelled abi?

Nigeria wake up.
what has the scholarship done for Nigeria? NOTHING! I don't see what the participants have done for the country that is worth celebrating.

A venture like that ought to reflect in the image of the country BUT we don't see it!

1 Like

Re: Recession: Nigerian Government May Scrap Foreign Scholarships by Afriifa(m): 8:06am On Apr 13, 2017
mypains:
what has the scholarship done for Nigeria? NOTHING! I don't see what the participants have done for the country that is worth celebrating.

A venture like that ought to reflect in the image of the country BUT we don't see it!
are you sure you are a Nigerian?
Re: Recession: Nigerian Government May Scrap Foreign Scholarships by spacyzuma(m): 8:07am On Apr 13, 2017
OH NO!!!

I was a recipient of this scholarship, and it's a very good scholarship. Please I hope it doesn't stop. sad
Re: Recession: Nigerian Government May Scrap Foreign Scholarships by malware: 8:08am On Apr 13, 2017
That is the only thing this government knows how to do best..... Scraping, scraping.... Bla bla bla

Bunch of primitive retards

Re: Recession: Nigerian Government May Scrap Foreign Scholarships by mypains: 8:14am On Apr 13, 2017
Afriifa:
are you sure you are a Nigerian?
nah... I am not but you are.

Do they create jobs after the scholarship? I read about an indian whom, after finishing a similar program in the US, came back to India and created jobs... he didn't seek for job but he created jobs.

So tell me what your Nigerian brothers do?

1 Like

Re: Recession: Nigerian Government May Scrap Foreign Scholarships by Afriifa(m): 8:16am On Apr 13, 2017
mypains:
nah... I am not but you are.

Do they create jobs after the scholarship? I read about an indian whom, after finishing a similar program in the US, came back to India and created jobs... he didn't seek for job but he created jobs.

So tell me what your Nigerian brothers do?
well you just forgot to follow every Nigerian that went abroad to study. Some of them came back as entrepreneurs.

1 Like

Re: Recession: Nigerian Government May Scrap Foreign Scholarships by felixomor: 8:19am On Apr 13, 2017
Despite all the stolen money we are recovering?
Why cant scholarships continue.?
Re: Recession: Nigerian Government May Scrap Foreign Scholarships by Quinn22(f): 8:26am On Apr 13, 2017
Very useless country angry
Re: Recession: Nigerian Government May Scrap Foreign Scholarships by Quinn22(f): 8:28am On Apr 13, 2017
You want morality rate to increase ba? undecidedYou didn't think about your fellow citizens before making this comment. sad
Fonereporters:
Also stop foreign Medical trips
Re: Recession: Nigerian Government May Scrap Foreign Scholarships by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 9:10am On Apr 13, 2017
EazyFrenzy:
I hope their children would have to enroll in jamb to attend Nigeria universities too.

If your father have the money to sponsor your education abroad did anyone stop you from schooling abroad? NO ..

1 Like

Re: Recession: Nigerian Government May Scrap Foreign Scholarships by Carter4luv(m): 9:19am On Apr 13, 2017
wat about ur children will they be stop from the oversea scholarship. #rubbish
Re: Recession: Nigerian Government May Scrap Foreign Scholarships by lebete3000: 10:00am On Apr 13, 2017
Fonereporters:
Also stop foreign Medical trips

Na so, we go die here 2geda.
Re: Recession: Nigerian Government May Scrap Foreign Scholarships by kachiz(m): 10:46am On Apr 13, 2017
Was there ever a Foreign Scholarship? Scholarship that is mostly merited by those with long legs.

Let them park one side, abeg!
sad sad sad

2 Likes

Re: Recession: Nigerian Government May Scrap Foreign Scholarships by Chukwuka16: 11:10am On Apr 13, 2017
I am not surprised with most of the comments here on this thread. I had considered composing a table showing the educational qualifications of most of these office holders to point out that MOST of them are foreign trained. Furthermore, I wanted to also present another table showing the percentage of university students studying in Europe and North America and Australia from China, India etc. The aim of this table was to highlight the fact that despite the economic growth in these countries they still recognise the importance of having a lot of their educated folks foreign trained. The importance is massive. From exposure to contacts and acquisition of top notch research skills, these folks return to rejuvenate the system and update it's approach to keep up with evolving research trends. Little wonder these countries boast some amazing universities and still maintain global relevance.
I understand the level of hate and envy that could emanate from a heart especially one not yet touched by Jesus's blood to a fellow Nigerian who is enjoying such privilege. Also, the mere fact that we are currently being managed by a certificateless leader with a vast majority of members of the legislature parading fake certificates and a huge number of followers who have traded their liberty to think for bags of rice, salt and a wad of Naira notes, there should really be no anger to the comments pasted here. Afterall, 'Give us bbnaija they cried, for we have no need of thinking! they said.' How can we domesticate the training of scholars in Nigerian universities when none of them can boast of access to paid libraries and databases? How many universities in Nigeria run research labs 24/7 with fast Internet and constant electricity and accessible to students for research and brainstorming? How many of these universities in Nigeria have standard labs with enough laboratory equipment for engineering and science research? I don't mean those fancy Labs shown on brochure with Nintendo like infrastructure termed robots or mechatronics bla bla. How many universities in Nigeria have fully developed multidisciplinary research ongoing with positive impact on Nigerians? Yet people make bold to cry domesticate it! Who no go no know.
Re: Recession: Nigerian Government May Scrap Foreign Scholarships by ziga: 12:32pm On Apr 13, 2017
overhypedsteve:
how will any government scrap the education of its citizens. is it nigeria here that we will train scientists, astronauts and engineers?

Foreign scholarships

Who e epp?

All na national cake wey dem dey share for dem family and friends

And I sure say enough embezzlement dey there also. Enough 'ghost scholarships"

They should use the money to develop medical and nursing schools and hospitals instead.

We no need astronauts for now. Let us focus on our people on earth before we think about space.

1 Like

Re: Recession: Nigerian Government May Scrap Foreign Scholarships by legendary16(m): 1:33pm On Apr 13, 2017
This country is just so backward.
why the hell would you want to scrap such.
Just like my uncle said this country is just cursed.
Re: Recession: Nigerian Government May Scrap Foreign Scholarships by people3: 4:34pm On Apr 13, 2017
foreign scholarship who e'pp? I have not seen any impact this scholarship has done in stead it is a national cake being share among themselves...... I will suggest the foreign school should have campus here in Nigeria so that students can learn and have their goals

1 Like

Re: Recession: Nigerian Government May Scrap Foreign Scholarships by Nobody: 4:48pm On Apr 13, 2017
dammy13:
Dr Bello Gusau, Executive Secretary of the Petroleum Technology Development Fund, PTDF, on Wednesday in Abuja said granting scholarships to students to study overseas may​​ no longer continue.

”​The present scholarship arrangement, which is disproportionately focused on the Overseas Scholarship Scheme, is no longer sustainable and therefore needs to be reversed​”, Gusau said at an interactive session with​ Vice-Chancellors of Federal Universities in Nigeria.

A statement by Mr Kalu Otisi, PTDF Head, Press and External Relations Unit, quoted Gusau as saying that there would be a new strategic agenda that would govern the training and capacity building programmes of the Fund.

“At the centre of the agenda is the domestication of all PTDF training and capacity building programmes, with the implication that Nigerian universities will now play a greater role in the process as partners and major stakeholders.

“The bulk of the scholarship for both the Masters and PhD’s to be offered going forward, would be for training in Nigerian universities.

“We are also open to collaboration, especially through the split-site Ph.D programme,’’ he said.

Gusau said the meeting with the Vice-Chancellors was to agree on relevant terms as well as gather sufficient information that will assist the Fund in the planning and implementation process.

Executive Secretary, National Universities Commission (NUC), Prof. Abubakar Rasheed, lauded the initiative, saying it tallied with the vision to collectively reform Postgraduate training in Nigeria.

Abubakar described PTDF as the single most important intervention agency outside the education family intervening to build capacity in select areas in the country.

http://fabinfos.com/recession-nigerian-government-may-scrap-foreign-scholarships/

Lalasticlala Mynd44 seun Dominique

They are finally receiving some small sense. Why send out Nigerians to U.K or U.S on govt funds when you can actually use all that money to develop U.I, UNILAG, ABU, U.NN, Convernat etc. You can even bring foreign lecturers as expatriates if you want using that same money u've wasted on shipping few students. There are many Nigerian lecturers and Phd holders in university in U.S, Europe, Russia etc. Why not encourage those ones to come. Pay them well. Let them lecture (and pass their knowledge) to 70 students in a class than to fund just one student that once he is done with his program will be looking for how to become an illegal immigrant driver in london because he knows that coming back to Nigeria would leave him unemployed? Schools would normally fund good international students from their coffers. Stop giving them free money.

FYI: I'm currently a graduate student in the U.S.
Re: Recession: Nigerian Government May Scrap Foreign Scholarships by Codes151(m): 11:41pm On Apr 14, 2017
Misplaced priorities!

I wonder what pmb thinks when he's in toilet, or sth!!! Rather than cancel or reduce cost of governance n scholarship dey pain Una? Okay! Remove even food!! Remove everything n maybe , just maybe my brothers will have sense

(1) (2) (Reply)

University Of Ibadan 2017/2018 Direct Entry UPDATE / Why Maduka University Will Be Rated One Of The Best In West Africa / Difference Between Rusticated And Expelled

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.