Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,997 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:58 AM

What If EFCC Discovery Of Stashed Billions Every Week Is A PR Stunt? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What If EFCC Discovery Of Stashed Billions Every Week Is A PR Stunt? (1527 Views)

'I Can’t Afford A PR Firm’ — Okonjo-Iweala Seeks Volunteers For WTO Campaign / Buba Galadima: Why Abacha Stashed Billions Of Dollars In Foreign Accounts / How Kwankwaso Stashed Kano's $1million In Ukraine — Ganduje (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What If EFCC Discovery Of Stashed Billions Every Week Is A PR Stunt? by iKnowevents(m): 7:57am On Apr 13, 2017
I know we live in a culture of not questioning things. For some any critique of the government they support makes them go apeshit in their antagonism. But pardon my inconsideration of not appeasing your emotions, some of us still question everything, especially government's action and inaction. 

Now if a new product enters the market, how does the manufacturer make it to catch on? They advertise the shit out of it. They pay tons of money to PR gurus to force the product down our throats. If it's a new government policy, what happens? Remember policies are government achievements geared towards making the masses see them in good light for re-election. The government of today claims to be tough on corruption fight, they are doing everything to tell us how serious they are. Every week we read news of billions of dollars being stolen, and our government like firefighters recovering them. Although discerning minds might disagree with the charade. Now government needs to turn the fight a notch higher. They formulated "Whistle Blower" campaign. 

The idea is to make it seem that we the masses are involved in the fight. It's like a bounty hunter's heaven. You blow a whistle against someone, government pats you on your back, and you earn some money from the recovered loot. "Ogbu opi na-eficha onu". For it to catch on, EFCC, the spearheading institution in charge has to prove to us it's already working. What's is the best PR way to prove it, if not by showing us regularly money seized through that means. 

Every week on the news we get dazzled with billions of Naira, millions of Pounds and Dollars seized from someone's apartment. They make sure to video it, snap more than hundreds of pictures and spread the news all over the Internet, make it trend in social media. And they never fail to chip in, that it was through the help of a whistle blower. They will then end the trending news with the percentage a whistle blower can earn by blowing the whistle. 

Not bad advertisement, you can become a millionaire overnight. Who wouldn't like to whistle blow with the way the government has turned the economy upside down? Funny enough we don't get to see the face or the name of those with the billions stashed away, maybe the money will tell us the owners. We are automatically meant to believe that only corruption can make someone make such money? Seems no honest man can make billions again. And we must deposit our money in the bank? It's all not bad. But don't swallow everything hook...

Atimes government spends billions for an idea to be bought by the masses. Do you know the actual amount spent to foreign and local PR gurus to sell Buhari to Nigerians? Billi Billi. 

EFCC wehdone... you are doing a good advert.‎

Remember not to go ballistic.

1 Like

Re: What If EFCC Discovery Of Stashed Billions Every Week Is A PR Stunt? by YourImaginaryBF: 8:05am On Apr 13, 2017
iKnowevents:
I know we live in a culture of not questioning things. For some any critique of the government they support makes them go apeshit in their antagonism. But pardon my inconsideration of not appeasing your emotions, some of us still question everything, especially government's action and inaction. 

Now if a new product enters the market, how does the manufacturer make it to catch on? They advertise the shit out of it. They pay tons of money to PR gurus to force the product down our throats. If it's a new government policy, what happens? Remember policies are government achievements geared towards making the masses see them in good light for re-election. The government of today claims to be tough on corruption fight, they are doing everything to tell us how serious they are. Every week we read news of billions of dollars being stolen, and our government like firefighters recovering them. Although discerning minds might disagree with the charade. Now government needs to turn the fight a notch higher. They formulated "Whistle Blower" campaign. 

The idea is to make it seem that we the masses are involved in the fight. It's like a bounty hunter's heaven. You blow a whistle against someone, government pats you on your back, and you earn some money from the recovered loot. "Ogbu opi na-eficha onu". For it to catch on, EFCC, the spearheading institution in charge has to prove to us it's already working. What's is the best PR way to prove it, if not by showing us regularly money seized through that means. 

Every week on the news we get dazzled with billions of Naira, millions of Pounds and Dollars seized from someone's apartment. They make sure to video it, snap more than hundreds of pictures and spread the news all over the Internet, make it trend in social media. And they never fail to chip in, that it was through the help of a whistle blower. They will then end the trending news with the percentage a whistle blower can earn by blowing the whistle. 

Not bad advertisement, you can become a millionaire overnight. Who wouldn't like to whistle blow with the way the government has turned the economy upside down? Funny enough we don't get to see the face or the name of those with the billions stashed away, maybe the money will tell us the owners. We are automatically meant to believe that only corruption can make someone make such money? Seems no honest man can make billions again. And we must deposit our money in the bank? It's all not bad. But don't swallow everything hook...

Atimes government spends billions for an idea to be bought by the masses. Do you know the actual amount spent to foreign and local PR gurus to sell Buhari to Nigerians? Billi Billi. 

How do you justify someone keeping 15billion naira in his house? If he has nothing to hide, why not take it to the bank?

1 Like

Re: What If EFCC Discovery Of Stashed Billions Every Week Is A PR Stunt? by Cekpo34(m): 8:14am On Apr 13, 2017
The venom and insidious elements in the belly of this acclaimed anti-corruption fight was eviscerated when Magu and later the President confirmed their ignorance on how much the EFCC has recovered so far. For the fact that a substantial halve of the nation's budget was to be realised from recovered loot, the levity and opaque state of our anti-corruption agency can't be more demonstrated. It's a jamboree! I keep saying it "what Buhari fights is manifestations of corruption, not corruption..." A wise anti-graft leader should worry about blocking the avenues, loopholes, opportunities etc through which Corruption manifests. What would become of anti-corruption when Buhari leaves office? Strong institutions and laws we crave, not EFCC turned thugs trailing fitments in the name of anti-corruption.

2 Likes

Re: What If EFCC Discovery Of Stashed Billions Every Week Is A PR Stunt? by iKnowevents(m): 8:14am On Apr 13, 2017
YourImaginaryBF:
How do you justify someone keeping 15billion naira in his house? If he has nothing to hide, why not take it to the bank?

The right question in this context becomes, how sure are you that EFCC is not acting it up to advertise whistle blowing?

Any serious security force all over the world, don't go barging in first, they investigate first. It might take months to do that sort of sting operation.

Investigate first.
Gather unrefutable proofs
Cross-check and re-examine your findings
Before "making arrest". Not arresting money, but "an individual" that made the money, if and only if it was made through corrupt means.

1 Like

Re: What If EFCC Discovery Of Stashed Billions Every Week Is A PR Stunt? by YourImaginaryBF: 8:17am On Apr 13, 2017
iKnowevents:

The right question in this context becomes, how sure are you that EFCC is not acting it up to advertise whistle blowing?

Any serious security force all over the world, don't go barging in first, they investigate first. It might take months to do that sort of sting operation.

Investigate first.
Before "making arrest". Not arresting money, but "an individual" that made the money, if and only if it was made through corrupt means.
say you're right. What does the EFCC stand to gain if this was all a show?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What If EFCC Discovery Of Stashed Billions Every Week Is A PR Stunt? by YourImaginaryBF: 8:18am On Apr 13, 2017
iKnowevents:

Investigate first.
monies were discovered in huge sums. Even some bank branches do not keep up to such amount. stop trying to justify this

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What If EFCC Discovery Of Stashed Billions Every Week Is A PR Stunt? by iKnowevents(m): 8:26am On Apr 13, 2017
YourImaginaryBF:
monies were discovered in huge sums. Even some bank branches do not keep up to such amount. stop trying to justify this

Remember my first paragraph on questioning happenings? To question or critique has nothing to do with justifying but to know the "why" of things.

EFCC can produce billions of Naira anywhere anytime from their own vault. They are that RICH, they have even more than that.

What do they have to gain by pulling that sort of PR stunt? People will start believing that the government is fighting corruption, whether true or false.

Why will they want people to believe such? Simply it will make the man on the street to say that the government is working. That things in Nigeria could have been better, if not that billions are being stolen. It means that next election you will vote in the government to continue with the "fight".
Re: What If EFCC Discovery Of Stashed Billions Every Week Is A PR Stunt? by Cekpo34(m): 8:33am On Apr 13, 2017
YourImaginaryBF:

If actually it's not a prank, this discovery is more like that of serendipity in archeology i.e there's thousand more like this but only fortuity can take you there. From my experience, BVN culminated in in-house stocking up of currencies, Whistle Blowing's repercussion may be the movement of such currencies outside Nigeria's borders. Who suffers most? Who is at lost? I was among the few who questioned Sagay and Magu's EFCC-led strategy and even wrote a paper on it. We need a defined strategy and powerful institutions and law than a temporal gesticulation of toughness/seriousness that isn't even standing the test of time... Had the administration started by amending our Criminal Code as well as existing laws to favour some of its novel policies like BVN, maybe any amount (maybe over 3m) found stockpiled in one's abode would have been illegal and thus legally confiscated by the government...
Re: What If EFCC Discovery Of Stashed Billions Every Week Is A PR Stunt? by Homeboiy: 8:35am On Apr 13, 2017
question
Re: What If EFCC Discovery Of Stashed Billions Every Week Is A PR Stunt? by Earth2Metahuman: 8:37am On Apr 13, 2017
What if your brain is mixture or sheit and noodles?

Just asking

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What If EFCC Discovery Of Stashed Billions Every Week Is A PR Stunt? by Cekpo34(m): 8:39am On Apr 13, 2017
iKnowevents:

Investigate first.

That's why they hardly win any court case... All they care for is to keep the jamboree alive. EFCC this! EFCC that! Yet, nothing tangible to account for. It's not illegal to stockpile monies in the house, it isn't illegal not to use the bank, etc. In less than no time, another Yakubu will emerge and the case may linger for months before the court acquits the person and EFCC will be forced to return the cash (that's if this whole saga isn't a prank)
Re: What If EFCC Discovery Of Stashed Billions Every Week Is A PR Stunt? by Okanokan(m): 8:40am On Apr 13, 2017
Thats what i believe is going on, unfortunately for those in Efcc, we are taking and keeping record of monies recovered and at appropraite time we will demand thier production.
Re: What If EFCC Discovery Of Stashed Billions Every Week Is A PR Stunt? by MaziOmenuko: 8:44am On Apr 13, 2017
iKnowevents:

Investigate first.
Before "making arrest". Not arresting money, but "an individual" that made the money, if and only if it was made through corrupt means

Keep exhibiting your ignorance. They did their diligent investigation, they gathered their facts, incase you didn't notice, they even got a search warrant before proceeding. This tells you a lot has been done prior to the barge. Infact, I can tell you authoritatively that prior to sahara reporters breaking the news about the real owner this morning, EFCC already had all those records. But they decided to keep it out of public because of their ordeal with Yakubu where Yakubu has instituted a suit already to reclaim the money.

So if EFCC is acting up, Yakubu was part of the movie baa?

What else do you expect from armchair critics?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What If EFCC Discovery Of Stashed Billions Every Week Is A PR Stunt? by Cekpo34(m): 8:49am On Apr 13, 2017
YourImaginaryBF:
say you're right. What does the EFCC stand to gain if this was all a show?

Dude are you a Nigerian or is it that you haven't been around for a while? An institution that labels a paltry millions of naira 2.1 billion dollars to incite Nigerians against GEJ and Dasuki, an institution who issued a press statement on the illusionary returns of billions by Madueke? That which intentionally soiled Orubebe's over an imaginary looting? Examples are infinite... The Magu led EFCC is playing to the media... They have done the impossible already to garner public empathy than any that will profit Nigeria in years to come
Re: What If EFCC Discovery Of Stashed Billions Every Week Is A PR Stunt? by iKnowevents(m): 9:04am On Apr 13, 2017
Earth2Metahuman:
What if your brain is mixture or sheit and noodles?

Just asking

What if this is the highest form of intelligence and wisdom you were born with?

Just asking my bro
Re: What If EFCC Discovery Of Stashed Billions Every Week Is A PR Stunt? by iKnowevents(m): 9:09am On Apr 13, 2017
MaziOmenuko:

Keep exhibiting your ignorance. They did their diligent investigation, they gathered their facts, incase you didn't notice, they even got a search warrant before proceeding. This tells you a lot has been done prior to the barge. Infact, I can tell you authoritatively that prior to sahara reporters breaking the news about the real owner this morning, EFCC already had all those records. But they decided to keep it out of public because of their ordeal with Yakubu where Yakubu has instituted a suit already to reclaim the money.

Thanks cushion analyst.

The title of my writeup is embodied in, "What If".

Now since you are super sure of everything that is happening. Let's wait for the prosecution of the case.

Hope it won't be a secret trial?

Daalu
Re: What If EFCC Discovery Of Stashed Billions Every Week Is A PR Stunt? by Cekpo34(m): 9:18am On Apr 13, 2017
MaziOmenuko:

"armchair critic" you appalled him? Sir, investigation isn't locating where money is stocked and the name of its owner (even rubbers do so). But the ability and variables to beyond reasonable doubt, proof that such cash is a proceed of corruption. Unfortunately, our EFCC always tarnish our hope whenever they get to the court. Hold on for a second, why do you think over 4 cases were lost last week in 94 hours? I can bet they don't have enough evidence to pin Yakubu down... Guess what, the list may continue. The Op is correct, our EFCC barely investigates and our Vice President recently met them to restrategise in that respect. I guess Osinbajo too is an "armchair critic"

1 Like

Re: What If EFCC Discovery Of Stashed Billions Every Week Is A PR Stunt? by MaziOmenuko: 9:18am On Apr 13, 2017
iKnowevents:

Thanks cushion analyst.

The title of my writeup is embodied in, "What If".

Now since you are super sure of everything that is happening. Let's wait for the prosecution of the case.

Hope it won't be a secret trial?

Daalu

Your bizarre writeup is filled with conclusions at the end of each paragraph and you definitely did a final conclusion. You were trying to guard the reader to your shallow conclusion after starting with IF.

Carry your conspiracy theory go one side abeg. Next time, don't write as if you are writing a lullaby for kindergarton pupils.

1 Like

Re: What If EFCC Discovery Of Stashed Billions Every Week Is A PR Stunt? by iKnowevents(m): 9:27am On Apr 13, 2017
MaziOmenuko:

Your bizarre writeup is filled with conclusions at the end of each paragraph and you definitely did a final conclusion. You were trying to guard the reader to your shallow conclusion after starting with IF.

Carry your conspiracy theory go one side abeg. Next time, don't write as if you are writing a lullaby for kindergarton pupils.

Didn't realise you were a kindergarten pupil.

As I said earlier, my aim is to question. And question I did. If my questioning the actions makes bile rise upto you or anyone's mouth. I am not sorry about that.

By the way, intelligence is not gotten by nodding of head, question your "purported knowledge".

My question still remains, what if EFCC is putting on a show?

Don't blow up your gasket.
Re: What If EFCC Discovery Of Stashed Billions Every Week Is A PR Stunt? by MaziOmenuko: 9:28am On Apr 13, 2017
Cekpo34:

"armchair critic" you appalled him? Sir, investigation isn't locating where money is stocked and the name of its owner (even rubbers do so). But the ability and variables to beyond reasonable doubt, proof that such cash is a proceed of corruption. Unfortunately, our EFCC always tarnish our hope whenever they get to the court. Hold on for a second, why do you think over 4 cases were lost last week in 94 hours? I can bet they don't have enough evidence to pin Yakubu down... Guess what, the list may continue. The Op is correct, our EFCC barely investigates and our Vice President recently met them to restrategise in that respect. I guess Osinbajo too is an "armchair critic"

EFCC has their own faults when it comes to prosecuting cases in court; but the OP is categorically saying that all these were PUBLICITY STUNTS. In case you missed it, go back and re-read his article.

EFCC has messed up a lot of cases of late due to their inability to have the best brains prosecuting their cases. Its a big concern to everyone and I am very sure they are doing something about it. That is why they refused to release the name of this Ikoyi money owner (Sahara reporters still managed to find out who owned it). These criminals end up hiring 30 SANS to defend their loot since they can afford it.

EFCC once set up a prosecuting team headed by Falana but along the line, breach of procedure led to the collapse of that team. You guys sit at the comfort of your home and assume that this is a circus show, the real fight to salvage what is left of this country is ongoing. You have no idea what $50mil will do for your entire LGA (not you, not your family, not even your communityl if $50mil is pumped into your community, you guys will have uninterrupted power, regular clean water supply, free basic primary healthcare and free quality education for 20 years)

iKnowevents:

My question still remains, what if EFCC is putting on a show?

You have no idea what $50mil will do for your entire LGA (not you, not your family, not even your communityl if $50mil is pumped into your community, you guys will have uninterrupted power, regular clean water supply, free basic primary healthcare and free quality education for 20 years)

2 Likes

Re: What If EFCC Discovery Of Stashed Billions Every Week Is A PR Stunt? by 4Play(m): 9:32am On Apr 13, 2017
My view is that both premises are true: The government uses past corruption for propaganda activities today.

Even Abacha had his failed bank tribunal which he used as one of his covers whilst incompetently running the economy and looting with reckless abandon. OBJ exposed Abacha's corruption - indeed it was during OBJ's era we got to hear about Buhari's mismanagement of PTF money. But OBJ's government still embezzled.

At state government level, it is quotidian for each new government to state that the predecessor left an empty treasury and so the new government cannot accomplish its campaign promises.

So yes, tales of past corruption provide the nourishment for today's propaganda and excuses for government inaction and ineptitude.

3 Likes

Re: What If EFCC Discovery Of Stashed Billions Every Week Is A PR Stunt? by igbosupremacist: 10:06am On Apr 13, 2017
I have said it earlier in this forum. how can someone raid a judges home at night and come out in the morning to tell you that 2 million dollars was found. No room for independent verification from journalist or whatsoever. they were not even able to convict ademola and other judges they alleged that millions of dollars was found in their home. only zombies **** and co believe trash like this because it is want they want to hear

1 Like

Re: What If EFCC Discovery Of Stashed Billions Every Week Is A PR Stunt? by iKnowevents(m): 10:11am On Apr 13, 2017
4Play:
My view is that both premises are true: The government uses past corruption for propaganda activities today.

Even Abacha had his failed bank tribunal which he used as one of his covers whilst incompetently running the economy and looting with reckless abandon. OBJ exposed Abacha's corruption - indeed it was during OBJ's era we got to hear about Buhari's mismanagement of PTF money. But OBJ's government still embezzled.

At state government level, it is quotidian for each new government to state that the predecessor left an empty Treasury and so the new government cannot accomplish it's campaign promises.

So yes, tales of past corruption provide the nourishment for today's propaganda and excuses for government inaction and ineptitude.

You do get the drift. Now some people are making us believe that we are on recession solely based on the fact that money was looted by the past government. They forget the chameleonlike policies of the government that kept getting everything wrong.

To question the actions now means to them that you support corruption.

Everyone can't be, "O yes member".
Re: What If EFCC Discovery Of Stashed Billions Every Week Is A PR Stunt? by GenBloodykiIler: 10:15am On Apr 13, 2017
iKnowevents:

one of the reasonable post ever since this month

i have my hunch that this is a distraction strategy to keep zombies occupied since BB naija has ended.

this government is soo shameless and full of incompetent bastards

kiss the truth
Re: What If EFCC Discovery Of Stashed Billions Every Week Is A PR Stunt? by WorldRichest: 10:17am On Apr 13, 2017
That means that Yakubu Andrew lied against himself when he said he owned the $9.8 million found in his family house. This means that imPatience Mama Piss also lied against herself when she said he owns the $21 million found in her drivers, gatemen, cooks and maid accounts. Musiliu Obanikoro too lied against himself that he collected 4.3 billion naira to rig Ekiti elections.I think the jobless O.P. is mad as a result of poverty.
Re: What If EFCC Discovery Of Stashed Billions Every Week Is A PR Stunt? by GenBloodykiIler: 10:18am On Apr 13, 2017
all these cash recovery abracatabracata is just a mere distraction from incompetence of this useless government.

it takes nothing for FG to secretly hire a bank to offload billions of cash in a building then pretend a useless phantom recovery.

useless people

if my post pain you

kiss the dust cheesy
Re: What If EFCC Discovery Of Stashed Billions Every Week Is A PR Stunt? by Justuceleague2: 10:19am On Apr 13, 2017
PR stunt indeed go to twitter, search by location you'll see comments from those living in lekki, ikoyi and environs confirming its true some even uploaded videos
Re: What If EFCC Discovery Of Stashed Billions Every Week Is A PR Stunt? by GenBloodykiIler: 10:19am On Apr 13, 2017
[s]
WorldRichest:
That means that Yakubu Andrew lied against himself when he said he owned the $9.8 million found in his family house. This means that imPatience Mama Piss also lied against herself when she said he owns the $21 million found in her drivers, gatemen, cooks and maid accounts. I think the jobless O.P. is mad as a result of poverty.
[/s]
shatap if you don't know what you're typing
Re: What If EFCC Discovery Of Stashed Billions Every Week Is A PR Stunt? by iKnowevents(m): 10:20am On Apr 13, 2017
MaziOmenuko:

EFCC has their own faults when it comes to prosecuting cases in court; but the OP is categorically saying that all these were PUBLICITY STUNTS. In case you missed it, go back and re-read his article.

EFCC has messed up a lot of cases of late due to their inability to have the best brains prosecuting their cases. Its a big concern to everyone and I am very sure they are doing something about it. That is why they refused to release the name of this Ikoyi money owner (Sahara reporters still managed to find out who owned it). These criminals end up hiring 30 SANS to defend their loot since they can afford it.

EFCC once set up a prosecuting team headed by Falana but along the line, breach of procedure led to the collapse of that team. You guys sit at the comfort of your home and assume that this is a circus show, the real fight to salvage what is left of this country is ongoing. You have no idea what $50mil will do for your entire LGA (not you, not your family, not even your communityl if $50mil is pumped into your community, you guys will have uninterrupted power, regular clean water supply, free basic primary healthcare and free quality education for 20 years)

You have no idea what $50mil will do for your entire LGA (not you, not your family, not even your communityl if $50mil is pumped into your community, you guys will have uninterrupted power, regular clean water supply, free basic primary healthcare and free quality education for 20 years)

My dear having or not having the idea, is not yet an issue.

The money or the monies in this case, are spread in our newspapers. Past government stole money big time. The present government is competing to steal hers also.

Because of this, the common thinking man, will continue to question all actions and inactions of the government and her agency.

Peace, am not sorry that I am not saying amen to what I still term, "propaganda".
Re: What If EFCC Discovery Of Stashed Billions Every Week Is A PR Stunt? by WorldRichest: 10:20am On Apr 13, 2017
GenBloodykiIler:
[s][/s]
shatap if you don't know what you're typing

(1) (2) (Reply)

PHOTO: If Lai Mohammed Were Pinocchio / I Am Proud Of You Lion Of The East - Femi Fani-kayode Hails Nnamdi Kanu / Biafrexit: American Calls For Referendum Ahead Of Trump, IPOB Meeting (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.