Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,760 members, 7,813,516 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:21 PM

Whatsapp Beta Brings Ability To Revoke Messages 5 Minutes Later - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Whatsapp Beta Brings Ability To Revoke Messages 5 Minutes Later (31118 Views)

How To Enable Fingerprint Unlock Features In Whatsapp Beta Users / Whatsapp Beta Versions Get New Features – Private Replies, Tap To Unblock User, / Whatsapp Finally Rolled Out Revoke Message Feature For Everyone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Whatsapp Beta Brings Ability To Revoke Messages 5 Minutes Later by Quam7even(m): 4:12pm On Apr 13, 2017
Whatsapp is just turning into an app for criminals, no data tracking and now the ability to revoke messages....this will do a whole lot more harm than good.
Re: Whatsapp Beta Brings Ability To Revoke Messages 5 Minutes Later by MayorMgbedike(m): 4:18pm On Apr 13, 2017
ednut1:
in Damascus here, we dont knw what whatapp is

The King of Damascus, how is Syria?

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Beta Brings Ability To Revoke Messages 5 Minutes Later by Nobody: 4:26pm On Apr 13, 2017
It's the best feature added to their service .for those you complaining of creating room for criminals to hide,other app offer similar service too . at least if one send a message by mistake, he or she can easily retract to avoid story that touch
Re: Whatsapp Beta Brings Ability To Revoke Messages 5 Minutes Later by Senorprinz(m): 4:59pm On Apr 13, 2017
UncutSk:
Nsukkaberg is overdoing things,
I loved WhatsApp for its simplicity

overdoing gini, i'm still waiting for them to add the now playing option to the status just as it is on bbm, afaic* they've not started.
Re: Whatsapp Beta Brings Ability To Revoke Messages 5 Minutes Later by jiddodo: 5:12pm On Apr 13, 2017
Seunnzy:

my thoughts exactly

This feature has been on bbm for a very long time. Nothing extra ordinary here. Other apps are already using it.
Re: Whatsapp Beta Brings Ability To Revoke Messages 5 Minutes Later by Nobody: 5:12pm On Apr 13, 2017
Something that has been on Telegram tey tey
Re: Whatsapp Beta Brings Ability To Revoke Messages 5 Minutes Later by blaquebelle: 5:15pm On Apr 13, 2017
Is whatsapp beta the same whatsapp I know?
Re: Whatsapp Beta Brings Ability To Revoke Messages 5 Minutes Later by UrBaesBoo(m): 5:22pm On Apr 13, 2017
Codedboy95:
A WhatsApp beta update now allows messages to be revoked a whole 5 minutes after it has been sent. The update arrives for the for WhatsApp Web 0.2.4077 that basically works on improvements to do with the revoke feature. The feature however is turned off by default in Settings, so users will have to enable it to take advantage of the same.

What do you think?

High time WhatsApp did that! Something BBM has implemented since 1876!/
Re: Whatsapp Beta Brings Ability To Revoke Messages 5 Minutes Later by Krisddon: 7:36pm On Apr 13, 2017
UncutSk:
Nsukkaberg is overdoing things,
I loved WhatsApp for its simplicity
Read through. U can still use it the simple way!
Re: Whatsapp Beta Brings Ability To Revoke Messages 5 Minutes Later by sirhamilton(m): 8:08pm On Apr 13, 2017
I doubt if messages can be retracted on the beta version... Anyone been able to do that yet?
Re: Whatsapp Beta Brings Ability To Revoke Messages 5 Minutes Later by Nobody: 8:14pm On Apr 13, 2017
Quam7even:
Whatsapp is just turning into an app for criminals, no data tracking and now the ability to revoke messages....this will do a whole lot more harm than good.
leave that end to end encryption talks. Can you not get your chats from email backups and can your email not be cut into? All i need is enough details to clone your sim and use another devices fresh whatsapp to get your whatsapp and it will prompt me to restore from backup email, and i have your history in my palm.
Re: Whatsapp Beta Brings Ability To Revoke Messages 5 Minutes Later by Quam7even(m): 8:20pm On Apr 13, 2017
Antares:
leave that end to end encryption talks. Can you not get your chats from email backups and can your email not be cut into?

Yeah have heard all this before...but for Nigerian cyberspace with our sharp boiz...we gotta get a better security setup...like a virtual security infrastructure
Re: Whatsapp Beta Brings Ability To Revoke Messages 5 Minutes Later by brightlinse(m): 6:12am On Apr 14, 2017
seunmohmoh:
thought i will b d first to comment...the person above me na witch
the person above you is not witch,but he faster than you. keep on trying. wish you goodluck
Re: Whatsapp Beta Brings Ability To Revoke Messages 5 Minutes Later by UncutSk(m): 6:47am On Apr 14, 2017
Senorprinz:

overdoing gini, i'm still waiting for them to add the now playing option to the status just as it is on bbm, afaic* they've not started.
childish
Re: Whatsapp Beta Brings Ability To Revoke Messages 5 Minutes Later by UncutSk(m): 6:48am On Apr 14, 2017
NotOfThis:
I like WhatsApp for its simplicity too.

But you we never know when these new features would come in handy, I guess.

we've been using it for years
We did not complain abeegi
Re: Whatsapp Beta Brings Ability To Revoke Messages 5 Minutes Later by UncutSk(m): 6:49am On Apr 14, 2017
Krisddon:

Read through. U can still use it the simple way!
its not the same again, you can just swipe left and see you contacts
Re: Whatsapp Beta Brings Ability To Revoke Messages 5 Minutes Later by patonyx1: 7:24am On Apr 14, 2017
Not after you must have "Screenshot" it before he/she deletes it. grin

superior1:
Meaning someone can now deny a comment you reacted to....by deleting it

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Beta Brings Ability To Revoke Messages 5 Minutes Later by Darvel(m): 7:30am On Apr 14, 2017
Weselion:
Something that has been on Telegram tey tey
who telegram help.... if its not whatsapp den its not whatsapp
Re: Whatsapp Beta Brings Ability To Revoke Messages 5 Minutes Later by Nobody: 9:46am On Apr 14, 2017
Antares:
leave that end to end encryption talks. Can you not get your chats from email backups and can your email not be cut into? All i need is enough details to clone your sim and use another devices fresh whatsapp to get your whatsapp and it will prompt me to restore from backup email, and i have your history in my palm.
That's why telegram is ahead of them
Re: Whatsapp Beta Brings Ability To Revoke Messages 5 Minutes Later by Nobody: 11:00am On Apr 14, 2017
UncutSk:
we've been using it for years
We did not complain abeegi
But why're you mad at me, tho? tongue
Re: Whatsapp Beta Brings Ability To Revoke Messages 5 Minutes Later by Nobody: 11:21am On Apr 14, 2017
asuustrike2009:

That's why telegram is ahead of them
well you can't be so sure. Don't always believe everything they write in the Privacy Policy. The Russians own Telegram. There's definitely some unexplained reasons why all "others" have refused to work with them. I can't trust 100% whatever comes freely from the hands of jews, russians and germans. Snoop kings.
Re: Whatsapp Beta Brings Ability To Revoke Messages 5 Minutes Later by Confidento(m): 12:50pm On Apr 14, 2017
Hello guys, Get the full gist about Whatsapp Revoke Massage @ http://www.contechsblog.com/2017/04/whatsapp-beta-version-introduces-revoke_14.html

You also stay updated with the latest Tech Gists @ www.contechsblog.com
Re: Whatsapp Beta Brings Ability To Revoke Messages 5 Minutes Later by Nobody: 11:57am On Apr 15, 2017
Darvel:
who telegram help.... if its not whatsapp den its not whatsapp
Whats App na old school jare... Na copy and paste dem dey do now
Re: Whatsapp Beta Brings Ability To Revoke Messages 5 Minutes Later by Darvel(m): 12:55pm On Apr 15, 2017
Weselion:

Whats App na old school jare... Na copy and paste dem dey do now
oga.. 99% of people u know who are on social media are ib whatsapp even u dey use whatsapp.. some people Neva even use telegram sef. i used it once.. n deleted it... no use.. d app is good but no users.. so its as good as useless.. Lets face d fact
Re: Whatsapp Beta Brings Ability To Revoke Messages 5 Minutes Later by Nobody: 4:07pm On Apr 15, 2017
Darvel:
oga.. 99% of people u know who are on social media are in whatsapp even u dey use whatsapp.. some people Neva even use telegram sef. i used it once.. n deleted it... no use.. d app is good but no users.. so its as good as useless.. Lets face d fact

I use both whats app and Telegram. I have more contacts on whats app than Telegram but I love Telegram for the features. Every day more and more people are joining telegram, I have over 105 contacts on telegram. When I just downloaded the app, they were about 22.

With time, it will become popular in Nigeria trust me
Re: Whatsapp Beta Brings Ability To Revoke Messages 5 Minutes Later by godunia(m): 6:55pm On Apr 15, 2017
Best update ever.

Re: Whatsapp Beta Brings Ability To Revoke Messages 5 Minutes Later by john1122: 7:04pm On Apr 21, 2017
I thought it would be nice to share this with you guys. You can sell anything at SellersNG without limitation. Safe and secure platform for those who are looking for ways to promote their business online.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Infinix Note 10 Unboxing, First Impressions And Full Review + Price (photos) / Send Unlimited Free Sms On Mjoy.com Using Pc (laptop Or Desktop) / Hilarious Message Received From Etisalat. (screen Shot)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.