Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,394 members, 7,815,844 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:20 PM

Court Orders Forfeiture Of $43m, £27,800, N23m Found By EFCC To FG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Orders Forfeiture Of $43m, £27,800, N23m Found By EFCC To FG (898 Views)

$43.4m, £27,800, N23.2m Found In Ikoyi Residence Finally Forfeited / Femi Fani-Kayode: "Rotimi Amaechi Owns The $43m Found In Ikoyi Flat" / National Intelligence Agency Claim Ownership Of $43M Found By EFCC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Orders Forfeiture Of $43m, £27,800, N23m Found By EFCC To FG by Baze1(m): 5:34pm On Apr 13, 2017
The Federal High Court in Lagos has ordered the temporary forfeiture of the sums of $ 43 , 449 , 947 , £ 27 , 800 and N23 , 218 , 000 recovered by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission from an apartment in the Ikoyi area of Lagos on Wednesday .

The court , in a ruling on Thursday afternoon by Justice Muslim Hassan , ordered that the funds be temporarily forfeited to the Federal Government.
The judge adjourned till May 5 , 2017 , for anyone interested in the funds to show up before him to show cause why the money should not be permanently forfeited to the Federal Government.

http://punchng.com/breaking-court-orders-forfeiture-of-43m-27800-n23m-found-by-efcc-to-fg/

Cc lalastical

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of $43m, £27,800, N23m Found By EFCC To FG by Obinovictor(m): 5:37pm On Apr 13, 2017
That money should be redirected to places where it will be useful, not another apartment where it will be hidden.

2 Likes

Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of $43m, £27,800, N23m Found By EFCC To FG by muykem: 5:44pm On Apr 13, 2017
Nigerian are fantastically corrupt. I will tell my children and grandchildren about GEJ government.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of $43m, £27,800, N23m Found By EFCC To FG by rusher14: 6:02pm On Apr 13, 2017
Good.

Whistle-blower, your money dey cook.

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of $43m, £27,800, N23m Found By EFCC To FG by TPAND(f): 6:04pm On Apr 13, 2017
Victory for Democracy.

They should use this money on a particular project for all eyes to see, how it was utilized

2 Likes

Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of $43m, £27,800, N23m Found By EFCC To FG by aribisala0(m): 6:04pm On Apr 13, 2017
But why not Lagos State Government? I think LASG better Turn up in court oo
Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of $43m, £27,800, N23m Found By EFCC To FG by AirFireEarthH20: 6:06pm On Apr 13, 2017
Nigerians are too easy to be deceived. No money was discovered anywhere. I repeat, no money was discovered anywhere.

What EFCC and this disastrous govt do is to plant money somewhere, take picture and makes media noise about it when that one dies down they bring up another similar case to deceive the gullibles.

If you doubt me, ask them to give account of all the money they lied they have discovered since buhari came to power

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of $43m, £27,800, N23m Found By EFCC To FG by rusher14: 6:10pm On Apr 13, 2017
aribisala0:
But why not Lagos State Government? I think LASG better Turn up in court oo

Lagos state is not careless with money.
Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of $43m, £27,800, N23m Found By EFCC To FG by aribisala0(m): 6:13pm On Apr 13, 2017
rusher14:

Lagos state is not careless with money.
That is not what I mean.The money was found in Lagos so who should claim it?
Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of $43m, £27,800, N23m Found By EFCC To FG by AirFireEarthH20: 6:18pm On Apr 13, 2017
aribisala0:

chai...so you believe money was discovered? These are media stunts to deceive you that they are fighting corruption. Their mode of operation is, plant money, take picture and call their BMC crew to broadcast it.

In this case as you asked, if Lagos State goes to court to claim it, EFCC will disappear and the matter will die a natural death.
Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of $43m, £27,800, N23m Found By EFCC To FG by rusher14: 6:24pm On Apr 13, 2017
aribisala0:

Federal government.

EFCC carried out an investigation on behalf of the federal government using federal intelligence.

So far, the money cannot be proven to be from the coffers of any state.

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of $43m, £27,800, N23m Found By EFCC To FG by Mynd44: 6:24pm On Apr 13, 2017
Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of $43m, £27,800, N23m Found By EFCC To FG by AirFireEarthH20: 6:27pm On Apr 13, 2017
rusher14:

Federal government.

EFCC carried out an investigation on behalf of the federal government using federal intelligence.

Oh Nigerians! Is there state or local govt EFCC and intelligence?
Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of $43m, £27,800, N23m Found By EFCC To FG by kolakolex: 6:32pm On Apr 13, 2017
lets see if anyone will show up.i heard Andrew yakubu has withdrawn his suit against the government.patiently watching how events will unfold.
Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of $43m, £27,800, N23m Found By EFCC To FG by aribisala0(m): 6:33pm On Apr 13, 2017
rusher14:

Federal government.

Good let them go and have that debate in front of a judge and take it all the way to the Supreme Court
Can the money be proven to Come from coffers of FG ?
What is federal intelligence?
Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of $43m, £27,800, N23m Found By EFCC To FG by aribisala0(m): 6:37pm On Apr 13, 2017
AirFireEarthH20:

chai...so you believe money was discovered? These are media stunts to deceive you that they are fighting corruption. Their mode of operation is, plant money, take picture and call their BMC crew to broadcast it.

In this case as you asked, if Lagos State goes to court to claim it, EFCC will disappear and the matter will die a natural death.
I don't know how do you know what you are saying

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of $43m, £27,800, N23m Found By EFCC To FG by DropShot: 6:41pm On Apr 13, 2017
AirFireEarthH20:
Nigerians are too easy to be deceived. No money was discovered anywhere. I repeat, no money was discovered anywhere.

What EFCC and this disastrous govt do is to plant money somewhere, take picture and makes media noise about it when that one dies down they bring up another similar case to deceive the gullibles.

If you doubt me, ask them to give account of all the money they lied they have discovered since buhari came to power
See one of those calling for "youths" to take over the administration of Nigeria. No wonder those who ruled us in the 70s and 80s are still relevant today.

With youths like this, no hope for Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of $43m, £27,800, N23m Found By EFCC To FG by rusher14: 6:47pm On Apr 13, 2017
AirFireEarthH20:

Oh Nigerians! Is there state or local govt EFCC and intelligence?

There was never complaint by the state government of missing funds.

They never initiated the investigation, were not involved in any way, shape or form.

They cannot therefore suggest ownership of funds.

Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of $43m, £27,800, N23m Found By EFCC To FG by rusher14: 6:49pm On Apr 13, 2017
aribisala0:
Good let them go and have that debate in front of a judge and take it all the way to the Supreme Court
Can the money be proven to Come from coffers of FG ?
What is federal intelligence?

Why should they when they aren't missing money certainly not 50 million dollars.

Or are you trying to suggest anybody who lives in the vicinity of the funds should also claim ownership?
Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of $43m, £27,800, N23m Found By EFCC To FG by Nobody: 6:51pm On Apr 13, 2017
AirFireEarthH20:

You must be a dunce to believe that it was mere proganda
Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of $43m, £27,800, N23m Found By EFCC To FG by aribisala0(m): 7:04pm On Apr 13, 2017
rusher14:

Why should they when they aren't missing money certainly not 50 million dollars.

Or are you trying to suggest anybody who lives in the vicinity of the funds should also claim ownership?
Is the FG missing money? This is a forfeiture case and states have authority to legislate on forfeiture .
If a car is abandoned in the street who has jurisdiction to auction it?
Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of $43m, £27,800, N23m Found By EFCC To FG by rusher14: 7:10pm On Apr 13, 2017
aribisala0:

Is the FG missing money? This is a forfeiture case and states have au[b]thority to legislate of forfeiture

(a) the assets or properties of any person arrested for an offence under this Act has been seized; or
(b) any assets or property has been seized by the Commission under this Act, the Commission shall cause an application to be made to the Court for an interim order forfeiting' the property concerned to tilt: Federal Government and the Court shall, if satisfied then there Is prima facie evidence that the property concerned is liable to forfeiture, make an interim order forfeiting the property to the Federal Government.

http://www.nigeria-law.org/Economic%20And%20Financial%20Crimes%20Commission%20(Establishment)%20Act.htm

[/b]
Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of $43m, £27,800, N23m Found By EFCC To FG by aribisala0(m): 7:13pm On Apr 13, 2017
rusher14:

(a) the assets or properties of any person arrested for an offence under this Act has been seized; or
(b) any assets or property has been seized by the Commission under this Act, the Commission shall cause an application to be made to the Court for an interim order forfeiting' the property concerned to tilt: Federal Government and the Court shall, if satisfied then there Is prima facie evidence that the property concerned is liable to forfeiture, make an interim order forfeiting the property to the Federal Government.

http://www.nigeria-law.org/Economic%20And%20Financial%20Crimes%20Commission%20(Establishment)%20Act.htm

[/b]
Liable to forfeiture

How is that defined?
No one has been arrested here and no crime alleged. I see no evidence that a crime was committed. Assuming a crime was committed is not the default position rather the EFCC MUST PROVE that is the case. ALL they can say is the owner is at large and unknown. He/she could be dead kidnapped etThat is not evidence of crime.LAST coming in will mean the most eye remains in interim forfeiture for ever u less the FG agree to a deal
Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of $43m, £27,800, N23m Found By EFCC To FG by rusher14: 7:14pm On Apr 13, 2017
aribisala0:

Liable to forfeiture

How is that defined?

You appear to be the genius.

(1) (Reply)

Fani-kayode Reveals Three ‘evil Geniuses’ Who Made Jonathan Lose 2015 Election T / NAIJA NEWSPAPERS: Today's Vanguard Newspaper Headlines [4th June, 2017]. / Facts Vs Fiction - GEJ Released

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.