Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,597 members, 7,812,956 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:39 PM

Is God Beyond Logic? - Discussion - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is God Beyond Logic? - Discussion (1695 Views)

Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? / Atheist Logic Be Like... / Is God Beyond Science? - No (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is God Beyond Logic? - Discussion by Nobody: 6:34pm On Apr 13, 2017
Another theist claiming atheists reject God because they think God could be understood.

* To the THEISTs, why do you think & say god is beyond logic and cannot be understood.

* And to we ATHEISTS, How do you respond to people that say God is beyond logic?

Cc Hahn, hopefullandlord, akintom, sirwere, CatfishBilly, ifenes, jonbellion
Cc MZLADY39, Junia, Felixomor, DoctorAlien, Kingebukasblog, WILGREA7, zionmade, tosyne2much

1 Like

Re: Is God Beyond Logic? - Discussion by ifenes(m): 7:15pm On Apr 13, 2017
God in the religious term is how you explain how the different forms of energy works to a toddler. As the child grows he gets to understand that he himself/ herself is the Energy we talk about.

Saying that God is the creator, omnipotent, omnipresent, omniscient is the same things as Energy is everywhere, has the ability to take any form and is everything we can imagine.

Both science and Religion are saying the same thing but on different levels.

Atheism is right to go against the suprem white beard guys spying on my naked wife in the bathroom, watching her every move.... That idea is pervy, isn't it? There isn't a God in the sky.

Another group who studied the bible believe that God is an idea that came from the stories of a group of life forms who were way more advance than today's humans/ ancient humans. They believe these life forms gave rise to the misunderstanding of what God is in Christiandom and other religions.

Is God beyond logic? Yes and no, depending on which God ideology. The White God patrolling the heavens, creator of hell fire and always in constant need of worship false. But it is a misunderstanding of the human being a vehicle of pure energy who is capable of making his life hellish or heavenly.

Honestly the Christian God idea is unfortunate in the sense that crushing it also means you crush the essence of the true human itself.

My opinion, Man is God Energy that cannot be destroyed. This concept is misunderstood and makes Atheism wrong in saying there isn't a God. There is a God/ Energy in all of us. Otherwise we wouldn't function.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is God Beyond Logic? - Discussion by ftechclass: 7:23pm On Apr 13, 2017
ifenes:
God in the religious term is how you explain how the different forms of energy works to a toddler. As the child grows he gets to understand that he himself/ herself is the Energy we talk about.

Saying that God is the creator, omnipotent, omnipresent, omniscient is the same things as Energy is everywhere, has the ability to take any form and is everything we can imagine.

Atheism is right to go against the suprem white beard guys spying on my naked wife in the bathroom, watching her every move.... That idea is pervy, isn't it? There isn't a God in the sky.

Another group who studied the bible believe that God is an idea that came from the stories of a group of life forms who were way more advance than today's humans/ ancient humans. They believe these life forms gave rise to the misunderstanding of what God is in Christiandom and other religions.

Is God beyond logic? Yes and no, depending on which God ideology. The White God patrolling the heavens, creator of hell fire and always in constant need of worship false. But it is a misunderstanding of the human being a vehicle of pure energy who is capable of making his life hellish or heavenly.

Honestly the Christian God idea is unfortunate in the sense that crushing it also means you crush the essence of the true human itself.

My opinion, Man is God Energy that cannot be destroyed. This concept is misunderstood and makes Atheism wrong in saying there isn't a God. There is a God/ Energy in all of us. Otherwise we wouldn't function.

This comment is so brilliant and insightful
Re: Is God Beyond Logic? - Discussion by luvmijeje(f): 7:27pm On Apr 13, 2017
Hahahahahahaha! God is a spirit.
Re: Is God Beyond Logic? - Discussion by ftechclass: 7:28pm On Apr 13, 2017
I would say "Why would you worship something that even you don't understand, then have the nerve to get offended when people don't worship him with you...?"

If their "god" is beyond logic, why they created an image for the guy?
Why they explained what it does and what it can?
Why they say bullish!t like "god is good" "god loves you" when logic doesn't applied to it? Seriously,

Those kind of people are just making themselves more foolish.
I would accept it if an Agnostic told me that if a god would ever to exist it will be beyond comprehension since he wasn't trying to fool himself by making a bullish!t picture of a god unlike these bunch of religious freaks.
This is just ridiculous, those ppl will never be able to dish out anything rational.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is God Beyond Logic? - Discussion by Wilgrea7(m): 7:35pm On Apr 13, 2017
ifenes:

ive been reading your posts for the past one week....i find this your “energy" belief fascinating... i think i have a lot to learn from you... learning about energy is the next step i was told to take by “some force".... so feel free to share your views anytime... I'll be ready to listen.. thanks
Re: Is God Beyond Logic? - Discussion by Nobody: 7:37pm On Apr 13, 2017
Wilgrea7:

ive been reading your posts for the past one week....i find this your “energy" belief fascinating... i think i have a lot to learn from you... learning about energy is the next step i was told to take by “some force".... so feel free to share your views anytime... I'll be ready to listen.. thanks
I guess he's a pantheist. Ifenes, hope am right?
Re: Is God Beyond Logic? - Discussion by CoolUsername: 7:41pm On Apr 13, 2017
Calling God "beyond logic" is just fancy talk for illogical. The fact that an entity with consciousness is somehow self-existing makes no sense whatsoever.

Take quantum mechanics for example, it is honestly mind-bending. Yet, at the end of the day, physicists are regularly able to make accurate predictions with it.

Putting this into perspective, we can see that the God theory is completely unnecessary to questions on our existence.

1 Like

Re: Is God Beyond Logic? - Discussion by Niflheim(m): 8:43pm On Apr 13, 2017
@adepeter26,

Remember the novel, "The Emperors New Clothes"? The fools who claimed that they could see the invisible clothes, insisted that those who cannot see it have something wrong with their eyes!!!

Likewise the religious claim that we non believers need a special holy spirit to feel the presence of god!!! No such thing as that(whether a god or invisible golden robes)!!! The Emperor(religion) is totally naked, and we can see it's dung stained buttocks contaminating the atmosphere from Sokoto to San Francisco!!!

1 Like

Re: Is God Beyond Logic? - Discussion by ifenes(m): 10:26pm On Apr 13, 2017
adepeter26:

I guess he's a pantheist. Ifenes, hope am right?

You are right brother, that's a reflection of me.
Re: Is God Beyond Logic? - Discussion by excadz(m): 11:49pm On Apr 13, 2017
adepeter26:
Another theist claiming atheists reject God because they think God could be understood.

* To the THEISTs, why do you think & say god is beyond logic and cannot be understood.

* And to we ATHEISTS, How do you respond to people that say God is beyond logic?

Cc MZLADY39, Junia, Felixomor, DoctorAlien, Kingebukasblog, WILGREA7, zionmade, tosyne2much

God is beyond logic. For example..... "god" made the world and after allowing life to germinate for a time he came into the world with his posse of angels, including bad boy lucifer. Some of them said "hey god, this place looks cool but its missing some people". Then they said the people god should make should look like them (god and his angels). God then makes 2 perfect humans, flawless to the core BUT! he put temptations in the garden to test his play things (the humans). He even warns his humans not to eat from some of the Trees he put in the garden, namely the (Tree of Knowledge).

Why the hell would he do that?
Was the test really for his humans or was it for lucifer?
Re: Is God Beyond Logic? - Discussion by Nobody: 12:15am On Apr 14, 2017
Adepeter26,
Brother, I say it because HE says it in His Word.
No one can ever explain how He came into being. That's not really of importance at this point in time. But one has to have faith that He was and is and will ever be.
I like the word "infallible".
My fallible mind cannot explain an infallible being.
I, being the creature, cannot explain the Creator.

Isaiah 55:8-9 King James Version (KJV)

8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord.

9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts
Re: Is God Beyond Logic? - Discussion by MuttleyLaff: 7:24am On Apr 14, 2017
10But God has revealed it to us by the Spirit.
The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God.
11For who among men knows the thoughts of man except his own spirit within him?
So too, no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God.
12We have not received the spirit of the world,
but the Spirit who is from God, that we may understand what God has freely given us.
13And this is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom,
but in words taught by the Spirit, expressing spiritual truths in spiritual words.
14The natural man does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God.
For they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned.
15The spiritual man judges all things, but he himself is not subject to anyone’s judgment.
16“For who has known the mind of the Lord, so as to instruct Him?” But we have the mind of Christ

- 1 Corinthians 2:10-16

1And as for myself, brethren, I found it impossible to speak to you as spiritual men.
It had to be as to worldlings—mere babes in Christ. (i.e. but as to carnal, even as to babes in Christ.)
2I fed you with milk and not with solid food,
since for this you were not yet strong enough. And even now you are not strong enough

- 1 Corinthians 3:1-2

adepeter26:
Is God Beyond Logic? - Discussion
God is able to be understood, within reasoning and so, no, not beyond logic

adepeter26:
Another theist claiming atheists reject God because they think God could be understood
Atheists reject God and the notion of God because of their regards, that, there is not a self-existent all-powerful authority influence (i.e. God)

adepeter26:
To the THEISTs, why do you think & say god is beyond logic and cannot be understood
If the theists who thinks this way & says God is beyond logic and cannot be understood, happens to be a saint, then such person is termed to be immature, as to babes or infants in their faith in Christ and still feeding on milk (i.e. refer to 1 Corinthians 3:1-2 above)

adepeter26:
And to we ATHEISTS, How do you respond to people that say God is beyond logic?
Again, if the people saying this happens to be saints then the response is the same as the immediate above, as such people talk in this way because of the immaturity of their faith in Christ and are still feeding on milk (i.e. 1 Corinthians 3:1-2 above)

Now, as for the other non-saints people that usually talk this way or use the ''God is beyond logic'' line, such are classed to be natural person(s)
(i.e. refer to 1 Corinthians 2:14 above)

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is God Beyond Logic? - Discussion by randomperson: 7:43am On Apr 14, 2017
Saying god is beyond logic is lazy and dangerous...
If you evade questions about the logical impossibilities surrounding the Christian god by saying merely that he's beyond logic, then when we ask boko haram terrorists why their god needs so much death and destruction to make his point, or when we ask the next Andrea Yates why she killed her children, the easy answer is that God is beyond logic....
We have thousands of gods. If they are all beyond logic then by what method do you determine the right one
Re: Is God Beyond Logic? - Discussion by Nobody: 8:26am On Apr 14, 2017
Yes.

God is an infinite source energy that interpenetrates the whole universe. He is not bounded by space and time.

Since our abilities are limited in so many ways, God is beyond our logic. All we have to do is embark on massive scientific research to understand him through nature and revelation from this researches.
Re: Is God Beyond Logic? - Discussion by Godwin2016: 8:35am On Apr 14, 2017
Our God is beyond logic, we cannot phantom Him and never will. We are mere mortals, we are limited and cannot use our logic to describe God. Atheist can try all they want but their foolishness makes God laugh.
Re: Is God Beyond Logic? - Discussion by matrix600(m): 9:37am On Apr 14, 2017
Godwin2016:
Our God is beyond logic, we cannot phantom Him and never will. We are mere mortals, we are limited and cannot use our logic to describe God. Atheist can try all they want but their foolishness makes God laugh.
If god is beyond our logic, how can you with your limited logic comprehend god so much as to know when god laughs? I guess you also know when he cries, even though you can't comprehend him/it.

1 Like

Re: Is God Beyond Logic? - Discussion by vaxx: 10:21am On Apr 14, 2017
ifenes:

first law of thermodynamic. energy can not be created nor destroy but it can be transfer or conserve. dont you think this idea of your god is limited to human logic and understanding and might not satisfy muslim nor christain. shocked
Re: Is God Beyond Logic? - Discussion by vaxx: 10:55am On Apr 14, 2017
GOD existence is a proper basic. a proper basic belif is a self evidence or universal truth. for example scientist belive water took its colour from the sky yet no evidence but most scientist subscribe to it.

we are all born as a beliver. a document from bbc report on children mind. claim tha chilldren normally and rapidly fercilitate belive in supernatural agent in the first year of their biirth. children even know people are not good candidate. it must have been a GOD.

the understanding of GOD should not be center across religion at least for an athiest. he should try to seek for the knwledge within himself.
Re: Is God Beyond Logic? - Discussion by ifenes(m): 1:41pm On Apr 14, 2017
vaxx:
first law of thermodynamic. energy can not be created nor destroy but it can be transfer or conserve. dont you think this idea of your god is limited to human logic and understanding and might not satisfy muslim nor christain. shocked

The Muslim and Christian attribute the laws of thermodynamic to their various gods. They believe these gods have no beginning nor end while forgetting the true meaning of the term " human being". A human being is the same as Energy in a vehicle, the term "being" Is in continuous terms.

This idea of the Christian god or the Muslim is how Energy was explained to the uneducated farmers in the past. Today with our level of education, it is expected we know better these gods do not exist but instead they are our true selves. Man is his personal God. A relationship with yourself is a relationship with God.
Re: Is God Beyond Logic? - Discussion by vaxx: 2:44pm On Apr 14, 2017
ifenes:

The Muslim and Christian attribute the laws of thermodynamic to their various gods. They believe these gods have no beginning nor end while forgetting the true meaning of the term " human being". A human being is the same as Energy in a vehicle, the term "being" Is in continuous terms.

This idea of the Christian god or the Muslim is how Energy was explained to the uneducated farmers in the past. Today with our level of education, it is expected we know better these gods do not exist but instead they are our true selves. Man is his personal God. A relationship with yourself is a relationship with God.
the second law of thermodynanic state that energy can not be reversable. a heat energy can not be be turn to mechanical energy 100percent. if applicable to your concept of GOD it will mean my god is man and man is god and is only limited to me and therefore can not be your GOD. likewise it will also mean god as a man posses diffrent form of character and attribute. depending on a person . this is not the GOD of the muslim nor christain.

the GOD of the christain and muslim is not dynamic like energy . and it may need a better understanding from secular belive to fully acknowledge. my advice to you is to personally search the true GOD within yourself. you may discard the attribute given to god by diffrent religion.
Re: Is God Beyond Logic? - Discussion by ifenes(m): 2:50pm On Apr 14, 2017
vaxx:
the second law of thermodynanic state that energy can not be reversable. a heat energy can not be be turn to mechanical energy 100percent. if applicable to your concept of GOD it will mean my god is man and man is god and is only limited to me and therefore can not be your GOD. likewise it will also mean god as a man posses diffrent form of character and attribute. depending on a person . this is not the GOD of the muslim nor christain.

the GOD of the christain and muslim is not dynamic like energy . and it may need a better understanding from secular belive to fully acknowledge. my advice to you is to personally search the true GOD within yourself. you may discard the attribute given to god by diffrent religion.

I do not believe in gods, I call myself a God. Perhaps you did not understand me. God is a religious term anyway. I call myself God to religious folks
Re: Is God Beyond Logic? - Discussion by Nobody: 2:54pm On Apr 14, 2017
Muttleylaff,
Long time brother...hope you are well.
Anyhow, I basically summarized the essence of God in terms of our "human" understanding.
What you quoted scripturally was true....however, I tend to think that an understanding of God's existence, Omniscience, Omnipotence, and Omnipresence...defies human reasoning..as we know it regardless of being a believer or not.

So does that make me the following?

If the theists who thinks this way & says God is beyond logic and cannot be understood, happens to be a saint, then such person is termed to be immature, as to babes or infants in their faith in Christ and still feeding on milk (i.e. refer to 1 Corinthians 3:1-2 above)
Re: Is God Beyond Logic? - Discussion by vaxx: 4:21pm On Apr 14, 2017
ifenes:

I do not believe in gods, I call myself a God. Perhaps you did not understand me. God is a religious term anyway. I call myself God to religious folks
i dont have a problem with that.perhaps that is your own understanding.you are GOD to yourself alone and you sized been GOD after your death and that is even not compatable with first law of thermodynamic that state energy can not be created or destroy. you are created through biological means and you will soon die base on decline of your ogarnic reaction.

the second law of thermodynamic predict the world will soon end since star will soon finished its nuclear fuel. but energy will remain as a result of heat generated by the darkness of the world. applicable. god will remain after the destruction of the world. though i belive GOD is not energy becuse it is not dynamic. i belive is an entity on his own. am not here to tell you to belif in him. search within yourself you will realised whom is GOD. by then you will be able to give him a unique name that suilt your understanding. i will like any one who is very conversant both in science and theology to explain the diffrence between energy and GOD
Re: Is God Beyond Logic? - Discussion by excadz(m): 4:56pm On Apr 14, 2017
Anyone can be god. You say god is outside of being able to quantify and qualify, that defies thermodynamics. God in your definition is a thought to forever remain abstract and interprited by those who host (people) the thought.

People are energy beings in a physical form. When we die and are buried, the job of Bacteria and insects is to break us down into molecules that they and the Earth can use to create more life. Everything we eat used to be alive and is now dead. We eat things to extract physical energy from them.

The energy of the mind is a separate thing. Three things will hapen to our mind energy when the Soul (physical body) dies.
1. it will be extinguished because it is weak because we never developed it properly.
2. it will be strong but not strong enough to transform into Spirit so it will travel around as Ghosts and try to posses weak minded people.
3. it will transform into Spirit and join other strong energies of the universe
Re: Is God Beyond Logic? - Discussion by Nobody: 6:30pm On Apr 14, 2017
Excadz,

Anyone can be god

Oooh brother, I surely hope not undecided
Re: Is God Beyond Logic? - Discussion by ifenes(m): 7:16pm On Apr 14, 2017
vaxx:
i dont have a problem with that.perhaps that is your own understanding.you are GOD to yourself alone and you sized been GOD after your death and that is even not compatable with first law of thermodynamic that state energy can not be created or destroy. you are created through biological means and you will soon die base on decline of your ogarnic reaction.

the second law of thermodynamic predict the world will soon end since star will soon finished its nuclear fuel. but energy will remain as a result of heat generated by the darkness of the world. applicable. god will remain after the destruction of the world. though i belive GOD is not energy becuse it is not dynamic. i belive is an entity on his own. am not here to tell you to belif in him. search within yourself you will realised whom is GOD. by then you will be able to give him a unique name that suilt your understanding. i will like any one who is very conversant both in science and theology to explain the diffrence between energy and GOD

Energy is everything. The gods of the bible that flies in the sky were extretterestrial life forms that manipulated human DNA.They were another form of Energy too. The Christians have combined the attributes of Energy( being everything in in human creation, the essence of the human being ) plus the Extratterstrials. This is the Christian idea of God. However it is wrong,because you consider the only to be gods( Energy). We are all indestructible Energy regardless of whether you accept it or not. My relationship with myself is the only way I can understand my GOD-SELF. I do not expect you to understand his.
Re: Is God Beyond Logic? - Discussion by excadz(m): 8:44pm On Apr 14, 2017
MZLady39:
Excadz,

Anyone can be god

Oooh brother, I surely hope not undecided

Of course anyone can be god. Listen to pure logic..

According to believers, god is omnipotent and all knowing. Therefore, he could be me testing you and neither of us would know it.

Your only problem is you believe that if god was on Earth now the day of judgement would take place. So keep waiting for that day of salvation that will never come. Your whole life could be your test and you wouldnt know it
Re: Is God Beyond Logic? - Discussion by Nobody: 10:46pm On Apr 14, 2017
excadz:

Of course anyone can be god. Listen to pure logic..

According to believers, god is omnipotent and all knowing. Therefore, he could be me testing you and neither of us would know it.

Your only problem is you believe that if god was on Earth now the day of judgement would take place. So keep waiting for that day of salvation that will never come. Your whole life could be your test and you wouldnt know it
Gbam. Tell dem
Re: Is God Beyond Logic? - Discussion by realmindz: 6:38am On Apr 15, 2017
MZLady39:
Adepeter26,
Brother, I say it because HE says it in His Word.
No one can ever explain how He came into being. That's not really of importance at this point in time. But one has to have faith that He was and is and will ever be.
I like the word "infallible".
My fallible mind cannot explain an infallible being.
I, being the creature, cannot explain the Creator.

Isaiah 55:8-9 King James Version (KJV)

8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord.

9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts

You don't believe in my magic wand, then I begin to read and quote from my magic book to prove it exists.

My sister, how can you prove god using the bible when I don't even believe in that bible in the first place??

Then u have to use convincing evidences outside the bible if you must preach, unfortunately, those evidences do not exist. We have never seen the gods perform wonders beyond the ancient tales in books
Re: Is God Beyond Logic? - Discussion by orisa37: 2:41pm On Apr 15, 2017
Yes. God is Logic, Law, Philosophy and all. Logic is reasoning. God is Feelings, Thinking and Reasoning. Logic is Trying to understand. God is Wisdom, Knowledge and Understanding. For everything in Heaven and on Earth is God. So God is Everything which Logic is not. And this thread is a non thought but God is a Religion, a Scripture and The Supreme Spirit.
Re: Is God Beyond Logic? - Discussion by Wilgrea7(m): 7:07pm On Apr 15, 2017
orisa37:
Yes. God is Logic, Law, Philosophy and all. Logic is reasoning. God is Feelings, Thinking and Reasoning. Logic is Trying to understand. God is Wisdom, Knowledge and Understanding. For everything in Heaven and on Earth is God. So God is Everything which Logic is not. And this thread is a non thought but God is a Religion, a Scripture and The Supreme Spirit.

i don't understand your belief .... please expatiate more... I'm eager to know

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pst Paul Enenche - I Want To Live Where You Are [video + Lyrics] / Anyone Against Opening Of Churches Will Die – Bishop Oyedepo / Bishops Condemn Moves By Saudi Arabia To Ban Churches

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.