Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,089 members, 7,814,786 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:51 PM

Caught Red-handed:armed Robber Killed In Lagos While Trying To Steal A Car - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Caught Red-handed:armed Robber Killed In Lagos While Trying To Steal A Car (607 Views)

Armed Robber Killed In Elelewon, Port Harcourt (Graphic Photos) / Sampson Nwokocha "Grave" Armed Robber Killed In Abia (Graphic Photos) / Soldiers Punish Residents Who Mistook A Ghanaian Soldier For Robber & Killed Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Caught Red-handed:armed Robber Killed In Lagos While Trying To Steal A Car by jojothegreat(m): 7:07pm On Apr 13, 2017
An officer of the Nigerian Mobile Police force (MOPOL) has allegedly killed a car thief who was caught in the act at Idimu area of Lagos state.

Findings revealed that the thief was gunned down while he and his gang members tried to steal a red Toyota Camry belonging to a MOPOL officer.

It was gathered the incident occurred around 3:00am this Thursday, April 13 at Idimu area of the state.

According to an eyewitness, who revealed that she lives in the same house as the officer, the man caught the robbers in the act after he heard a crash.

The witness, who identified herself as, Alhaja, explained that the officer caught the robbers after they broke the window of his car, adding that the police was called immediately the neighbours heard gun shots. “We called the police immediately we heard gun shots.”

She said they threatened to kill the officer who was addressing and warning them leave through the window of his house but they had not seen the officer when he cocked his gun and shot one of them three times.

Alhaja further said the thieves fled the scene immediately and even left the car they brought with them for the failed mission. She said: “We went to search their car after the incident but all we saw was a lady’s hand bag.”

Another witness reported that she saw two of the robbers running away including the deceased. She revealed that the thief collapsed and died in front of her house, adding that the other thief searched the body of his friend before he finally fled.

She said: “I heard the gun shots, three times around 3:00am and then I heard people shouting, so I went to my window that’s when I saw them running. One of them collapsed and the other one searched his body and ran the other way.”

Three officers of the police force came to the scene of the crime and searched the body of the deceased before taking him to the morgue.

The officers found torchlight, a screwdriver and some medicine tablets on the body of the deceased thief.

Re: Caught Red-handed:armed Robber Killed In Lagos While Trying To Steal A Car by eezeribe(m): 7:08pm On Apr 13, 2017
Good for him...
He should go to hell fire and continue his trade.

1 Like

Re: Caught Red-handed:armed Robber Killed In Lagos While Trying To Steal A Car by izzou(m): 7:11pm On Apr 13, 2017
Bursted

I would have typed RIP but I don't think it might be effective
Re: Caught Red-handed:armed Robber Killed In Lagos While Trying To Steal A Car by Jabioro: 7:24pm On Apr 13, 2017
Good for him@ other unknown end he be doing that without fear or molestation.. that is if there is any such act there..

(1) (Reply)

Jealous 1st Wife Attacks Her Husband's 2nd Wife In Zaria,Chops Off Her Hand(pics / True Story Of The Suspect Burnt To Death Over Badoo Allegations In Ikorodu / Cocaine : Lagos Socialite, Arike, Remanded In Prison Custody

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.