Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:58 PM

My Personal Experience And The Evolution Of Social Media. - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / My Personal Experience And The Evolution Of Social Media. (510 Views)

Checking For A Cool Experience And Nice Views / The Evolution Door That Folds Like Paper & Dont Take Space / The Evolution Of TECHNOLOGY (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Personal Experience And The Evolution Of Social Media. by MICHEALADEX(m): 9:54pm On Apr 13, 2017
About 19 years ago, my aunt who resides in the United Kingdom visited Nigeria. The entire family was excited to see her and everyone wanted her attention. I couldn’t get all the attention I wanted from her since I had to contend with other family members.
Sadly as she was about returning to the UK, I was furious as all the questions I wanted to ask her have not been answered. As I expressed my dissatisfaction to her, she simply smiled and gave me her email address. I was happy.
Finally I can have my personal time with her. After seeing her off to the airport, I was eager to get to the cybercafé to send her an email. Then, I didn’t even have a clue about the whole internet and email thing.
When I got to the cybercafé, I told the attendant I wanted to send an email. He requested my email and I simply replied, “My aunt just gave me this address to send her an email. She didn’t give me my email address.” The attendant could not hold himself from laughing. I’m sure you will be doing the same now.
Anyway, that day was the turning point of my social media sojourn. I vowed to learn all I could about social media and keep abreast of it. Today, I’m an expert in the subject matter, teaching people how to use the social media.
But I often ponder, how did we get here? How did we send messages, connect, relate, interact, and engage with each people before the advent of social media? Do you know? Surprisingly, we are here and more will still change.... Am Just thinking sha.

(1) (Reply)

Why Nigeria Must Stay Below 1.5 Degrees Limit / Did You Know You Can Browse The Internet With Your Voice / Best Apps To Automaticaly Post Or Scheduled Post To Facebook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.